Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Knifegrab posted:

Is there any way to skip cutscenes in campaign?

Don't play campaign? Besides, why would you want to skip any of them? KEVIN SPACEY BALHAGSLASHDSDS

After playing this a fair amount last night, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Ghosts. Also, because I'm bad with money and have poor impulse control, I pre-ordered the PS4 digital edition yesterday instead of waiting for my Xbone version to arrive from Amazon today.

Hopefully tonight I can actually join parties with you guys after I get some homework done. If the PSN party thing still doesn't work, I will probably end up on Xbone, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
off for the rest of the day.. anyone wanna play?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
so if I were to do something stupid like buy this for PS4 too, do your stats carry over from one platform to the other?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

sba posted:

so if I were to do something stupid like buy this for PS4 too, do your stats carry over from one platform to the other?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I gotta say, now that my stuttering/hitching is fixed and the game looks amazing the campaign is actually pretty drat great.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I bought the zero-day digital edition last night and only somehow installed 25% by 6am today.
I got to jump in and see a smidgen of the campaign and I'm stoked as gently caress to jump in tonight. Xbone: R0BERTC0P

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

off for the rest of the day.. anyone wanna play?

Will be on to poopsock in about 30 minutes.

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

Can regular schmucks walk in and pick this up at Best Buy today without a pre-order, or do they have to wait for tomorrow?

i just bought mine at best buy by walking in with no pre-order. they had the COD stand up in the front as usual :)

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

FallinInTheBlak posted:

See you in three hours

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Playing on the bone, looking for Goons to play exo suits with

Agoat944

Jake Blues posted:

I bought the zero-day digital edition last night and only somehow installed 25% by 6am today.
I got to jump in and see a smidgen of the campaign and I'm stoked as gently caress to jump in tonight. Xbone: R0BERTC0P

Put your console into standby (they call it "turning off") so it does it in the background. should go fast

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm updating my new xbone with AW and forza horizon 2 still in shrink wrap.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 7, 2014

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Agoat posted:

Playing on the bone, looking for Goons to play exo suits with

Agoat944

Put your console into standby (they call it "turning off") so it does it in the background. should go fast

Although he's an Xboner, DON'T DO THIS if you're on PS4. The standby mode on PS4 is hosed and won't turn back on for a lot of users.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What do you actually need to do to get the Mountain Dew/Dorito stuff? Is it random or Buy X, get Y?

I need to make my character obnoxious as hell. I already have a stupid Anarchy vest.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

What do you actually need to do to get the Mountain Dew/Dorito stuff? Is it random or Buy X, get Y?
I need to make my character obnoxious as hell. I already have a stupid Anarchy vest.
Enter the codes from stuff at dewanddoritos.com and it will just show up in the game. You have to link your xbone/PS4 account to it. It will give you a "New Items" alert when you start.

It was worth it for the Randy Savage "Doritos" sunglasses alone

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Bought this on PC. It can't be Ghosts-PC bad right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roman posted:

Enter the codes from stuff at dewanddoritos.com and it will just show up in the game. You have to link your xbone/PS4 account to it. It will give you a "New Items" alert when you start.

It was worth it for the Randy Savage "Doritos" sunglasses alone

Right, but I mean is it like... buy a 12 pack to unlock Dew Pants, or do you choose what you want from your codes?

Edit: I wouldn't actually drink or eat the Dewritos so I'm curious how much money I'd have to waste if I wanted to get this stuff.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 3, 2014

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000

I bought it on PC and it's going pretty well so far. It's a lot of fun and I'm getting into games quickly. Do you know something I don't know?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have a serious legit important question that will heavily influence my overall enjoyment in this game. The Supply Drop chests you get. Are they fixed-item? Or is there some semblance of "random number generator" to what you get?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the local co-op like for AW? My girlfriend loves CoD games, and I was wondering if it's worth getting an additional controller and the game for this.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
we need to start setting up farming runs for supply drops to maximize our chances for legen....i mean Professional gear. Also dorito gloves

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
So a PC with a graphics card that was released in 2009 can't run AW because it's not dx11 compatible, but a Xbox 360 which was released in 2005 can run AW?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

is there a irc channel running for cod rootbeer?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Add me poverty box players, GT is AchyHippo

Hope enough of us are around. :smith:

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

" posted:

-[ate_Sandwich" post="437186179"]
I bought it on PC and it's going pretty well so far. It's a lot of fun and I'm getting into games quickly. Do you know something I don't know?

If every pc cod since black ops is anything to go by, the playerbase will drop off significantly after a couple of months.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Apthous posted:

So a PC with a graphics card that was released in 2009 can't run AW because it's not dx11 compatible, but a Xbox 360 which was released in 2005 can run AW?

You also can't use your Tandy.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

" posted:

-[ate_Sandwich" post="437186179"]

It's pretty simple, the pc community in all probability will be dead in a few months regardless of how good the port is. this is empirical data that we know based on the sales figures for every call of duty ever released. PC gamers, even if they buy it, just don't keep playing cod

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Hey TyWebb, is your brother getting this game? We need to get the band back together. Where is Knight2m?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

ethanol posted:

It's pretty simple, the pc community in all probability will be dead in a few months regardless of how good the port is. this is empirical data that we know based on the sales figures for every call of duty ever released. PC gamers, even if they buy it, just don't keep playing cod

But the difference being we still have a ton of choice because we are PC gamers. A few months of solid MP is enough for me, then I have my plethora of other games I can play (steam sales). Its so nice not being hamfisted into a limited number of terrible games. The reason CoD communities stay active on consoles for so long is because its pretty much the only decent FPS MP game that comes out for consoles.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Apthous posted:

Yes. What's the problem here?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Yes. What's the problem here?

he's trying to play COD on a PC, hth.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

he's trying to play COD on a PC, hth.

That was the joke.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

solarbeam posted:

i just bought mine at best buy by walking in with no pre-order. they had the COD stand up in the front as usual :)

Thanks for answering. Going to swing by after work and see if I can grab a copy. :unsmith:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
how dumb am I if I buy this on PC. I actually like CoD campaigns because I'm an idiot.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
So are the things like Eagle Eye, Brain Surgeon, etc textures that you can apply to your gun when you unlock them?

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

DJCobol posted:

Hey TyWebb, is your brother getting this game? We need to get the band back together. Where is Knight2m?

I just told him to get the game - he is on dirty PST time though.

I see Knight log in from time to time. I played some Blops2 with Jack and Yeyo a week or two ago so they are around.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

how dumb am I if I buy this on PC. I actually like CoD campaigns because I'm an idiot.

Jfc very dumb. I bought it on pc too fyi. More pics of dorito pants and less "lol pc posts"

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Zombie Boat posted:

See you in three hours

Where are you scrubs, I ain't playing this poo poo by myself all night :colbert:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The Iron Rose posted:

If you turn off everything in the graphics settings with the word "cache" in it the game looks and runs just fine.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

So I'm having trouble with aiming and hitting. This is weird to me because I managed to do so more then well in Titanfall, which had a similar gimmick of extreme mobility, and I didn't do too badly in Blops 2, the last of the series I played, but now I'm finding myself missing even the NPCs, frequently getting murdered, let alone in multiplayer. Should I be aiming for low or high sensitivity, and what are some tips for actually... you know, hitting dudes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Where are you scrubs, I ain't playing this poo poo by myself all night :colbert:

I am online and at the multiplayer menu right now.

• Locked thread