Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mikujin posted:

Round 2 is against a Blood/Emerald deck. Beat him in 5 turns, only thing I saw were chaff (a couple X/1 guys I Zareded and Atrophied) and a Genesis Hydra which I had removal up for. Game 2 my opening hand looks promising.

Unsurprisingly, game 2 was nice and quick. I got multiple Shamed Gladiators out, as well as a Corrupted Harvester suited up with Ruby Aura. He was on top-deck mode and managed to hit twice, but it still wasn't enough since - once again - I was able to hoard my more expensive removal (Atrophy, Terrible Transfer) while curving out hard with cheap dudes that made all his blocks super unprofitable. On to the finals (if the pairings/standings bug doesn't kill me somehow)!

E: Round 3 is against a Diamond/Wild deck featuring double Noble Citizenry, the 3/4 Steadfast/Spellshield guy, and a Spellshielded Boulder Brute. I managed to suit up a Shadowgrove Witch with Pyromancer trigger, Ruby Aura, Blood Aura, and pair it with a Ruby Aura'd Gladiator to take down Spellshieldy guys - going to 4 life and then back up to 18 for the win. Was close though!

E2: Game 2 was super short. On the draw I kept a 1 shard hand since I had six two drops! 6 turns into the game he plays Boulder Brute after missing one land drop. I still haven't found number two by draw 6, and draw 7 doesn't see one so I scoop. Pretty unbelievable, but that's what I get for being greedy. :smith:

E3: Game 3 I keep 5 shards, one removal spell, one two drop. There's TONS of interaction between us, and it doesn't take long until both our boards and hands are low, and it's his Ambershire Instigator vs my Shamed Gladiator, his empty hand vs my Ruby aura. With Dimmid around, he's able to close the gap between us (I was ahead for awhile), but after a turn or two I hit one of my removal spells, and just rip creature after creature (well I am running 18 of them), while he topdecks a Reversion which my Witch sees, and rips two very late 1/1 creatures (Shield Trainer + mana dork) which are just not enough to compete with some 2/2s and 3/2s so I bring it home, woo.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Blazing Zero posted:

:rip: chilled out hex community, welcome to our new toxic jerk overlords
He said he was quitting because the client is bad and so is the game, so we might not need to worry.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Did he like think you thought it permanently rewrote the cards for every match, or does he just not get that Hex isn't Magic, or what?
He legitimately thought that Conflict and Mesmerize weren't permanent and called me a moron when I continued to say that they are.

I can understand not realizing that they're permanent, but he refused to listen to me, insulted my play ability and then called me a neckbeard. It was glorious in the worst way.

His insistence that Pacifism effects are bad in Magic was also really confusing.

Edit: On a completely unrelated note, I'm in another draft. First pick, I passed a Conflict and then ended up picking some Diamond, including a different Conflict.

Imagine my shock and surprise when the first Conflict tabled.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 3, 2014

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Is there a good card manage app or something of a similar nature? I'd like to scope out what I'm missing from set 1 as I start to use the AH, since I've got ~200 packs I'll be slowly starting to put up, in addition to tons and tons of rares.

In other news, I decided to crack some Primals and it was definitely not a disappointment: 3 Vampire Kings, 2 Angels of Dawn, 2 Argus, in addition to a bunch of solid rares like Extinction, Mirror Knight, and Soul Marble (which I'm almost up to two sets of each). The Legend of the Horseshoe continues.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ehh, I've intentionally drafted Guard Dogs before as anti-aggro sideboard, and Shield Trainers provide a ton of protection against Zared, Sorrow, Burn, and other "weak creature" removal effects. Neither's a card I am enthused to be playing, but they're both perfectly useful sideboard cards or even 22nd/23rd cards.

EDIT: And Shield Trainers are absurd with Chimera Guard Outriders, of course, but you can't count on getting those. Still worth picking up a couple if you do manage to get an Outrider early enough.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mikujin posted:

Is there a good card manage app or something of a similar nature? I'd like to scope out what I'm missing from set 1 as I start to use the AH, since I've got ~200 packs I'll be slowly starting to put up, in addition to tons and tons of rares.

If you sign in on Hex TCG Browser you can set up a collection and want-list, I've been using it to keep track of what I have to trade and things I still need (if you have a couple of AA Ozawa and still need Set 1 rares / legendaries then let me know! I'm too lazy to use the Auction House anymore!)

Grim fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 7, 2014

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Here is Stovetop posted:

Priority bug to be fixed on tuesdays patch which should shore up all them tickets.

Unfortunately the priority bug has been "fixed" multiple times since Alpha.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
It was fixed until they went to the new UI/backend with the King Gabriel patch. So I have confidence they'll get it sorted, hopefully in tomorrows patch like they anticipate.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Cory is answering questions on the official forums;

quote:

We would like to release SET 2 in November, we currently tracking under 10 bugs, we expect to find more, BUT it is getting very close.

We would like to release Arena in December, this is a bit more risky but we have been hitting our milestones and it is looking good.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hahaha christ is there really an AA Baby Yeti card

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hahaha christ is there really an AA Baby Yeti card

I can only hope that Yeti Aggro will be a thing someday, and us closed beta players will look back and laugh while using playing our "All Yetis do triple damage" card.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Go RV! posted:

I can only hope that Yeti Aggro will be a thing someday, and us closed beta players will look back and laugh while using playing our "All Yetis do triple damage" card.

Feast of the Blood Snow: Standard Action, 3 ruby threshold, 3 cost. For this turn, all Yetis get Rage 2.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I am legitimately surprised. This is my legitimately surprised face.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Feast of the Blood Snow: Standard Action, 3 ruby threshold, 3 cost. For this turn, all Yetis get Rage 2.

Avalanche Guerrillas, 2X basic action, 2 Ruby. Reveal X cards, put all Yetis into play. Destroy target troop with toughness less than X.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

This game is really good at punishing hubris. I drafted what looked like a pretty insane mono Wild deck with 4 Howling Braves and got completely dismantled by a DS tempo deck featuring double Buccaneer, double Conflict, double Time Ripple, Wind Whisperer and Mastery of Time.

It was by far the most frustrating experience I've had playing the game.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I think Sapphire tempo is probably the strongest draft archetype if you can get all the pieces together. There's not a lot most decks can do if you're filling up the board while bouncing their troop every turn, since Extinction isn't really a thing in draft.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Thoom posted:

I think Sapphire tempo is probably the strongest draft archetype if you can get all the pieces together. There's not a lot most decks can do if you're filling up the board while bouncing their troop every turn, since Extinction isn't really a thing in draft.
It's definitely a very strong archetype, but to do it successfully you typically require like 3+ of time ripple and buccaneer respectively.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

I am legitimately surprised. This is my legitimately surprised face.

If we actually get Set 2 in November then that means the November VIP constructed event is going to be pretty weird - might be not-boring enough to actually join in!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So Cory confirmed that the different rarities of chests will contain some unique items associated with that rarity. So 4 uncommon chests doesn't equal 1 legendary chest.

Someone asked if they would consider a 50p-100p entry fee for constructed tournaments to get them firing more often and he said it's something they are talking about.

Also this sounds interesting:

quote:

Question: Have you decided anything regarding implementing asynchronous tournaments?

Answer: we HAVE! we actually have it designed and tested (its a twist on the limited concept), we hope to get this in sooner than later (target is December)

Edit: Another tidbit- the plan is for set 2 Collector AA cards to drop with the launch of the set

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 4, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AA Baby Yeti is SO much better looking.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Here's a PvE spoiler.

Also, there's going to be an invite only Beta Test server by Set 3, maybe.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
You guys were right about the Volcannon in drafting. I managed to draw-then-discard my egyptian god card, the Eternal Guardian, with a Stoneclaw Gargoyle, but then a Volcannon killed my opponent faster than they could chew through my dwarves and robots with their 5/5s.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
I have the following 6 goons signed up for the tournament:

Blazing Zero
MrBims
Mikujin
Padomyme
Planedriver
Vilgan

If I missed you or you want to sign up, please let me know! We're short two people. :( So if some goon is being hesitant, please join in! It's free!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Afgad posted:

Blazing Zero
MrBims
Mikujin
Padomyme
Planedriver
Vilgan

If I missed you or you want to sign up, please let me know! We're short two people. :( So if some goon is being hesitant, please join in! It's free!

I'll sign up. IGN is Clark.

available late in the evenings or weekend PST.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Afgad posted:

Blazing Zero
MrBims
Mikujin
Padomyme
Planedriver
Vilgan

Remind me what the rules are?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Remind me what the rules are?

See this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3676920&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post436949815

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay, I'm in.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Great, that makes 8. As soon as I get the IGN from Vilgan and Planedriver I'll announce first round matches and post a spreadsheet where everyone can keep track of things.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Reserves or not?

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
I'll toss in a booster pack for places 5-8, that way everyone gets minimum 2 packs.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Reserves or not?

The ban list is very extensive and I have no way of enforcing swap outs. Just play the same starter deck, you can change the numbers of which cards you have however you'd like.

So, yeah, reserves are fine as long as they are in the deck or the starter trials for that deck.

Edit: Nobody asked this but I'll go ahead and say it: Use the same starter deck for each game and each round please. Don't switch from Orcs to Shin'hare or something.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 4, 2014

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

When are we planning on starting? It'd be good to have a bit of notice, since I haven't actually started putting anything together yet. :suicide:

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Mikujin posted:

When are we planning on starting? It'd be good to have a bit of notice, since I haven't actually started putting anything together yet. :suicide:

It is asynchronous. So once I give the matching, find the guy/gal on Hex or on the forums and arrange a time between the two of you. If you're not ready yet, well, arrange a time for after you're ready.

Of course faster is better, but I get that scheduling can be a pain.

Edit: I think I will at least set a deadline for agreeing on a time, though. If someone doesn't respond within a few days, they can probably be considered a *bye* anyway.

I can't set it now though. I'm still waiting on two IGN.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 4, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Afgad posted:

The ban list is very extensive and I have no way of enforcing swap outs. Just play the same starter deck, you can change the numbers of which cards you have however you'd like.

Can that number be 0?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Can that number be 0?

Yes.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
To be honest, I'd join, but I hate futzing around with pre-built decks. If I'm gonna play the game, I wanna be able to do with my own decks. Speaking of, there's another special tournament coming up this Sunday, too, a $10 Tournament, http://www.hexprimal.com/hexprimal-budget-cup-november-9-1800-gmt-all-welcome/

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Oh, this article might be another good addition to the OP:

http://www.hextechs.tv/articles/tiers-of-joy-a-comprehensive-look-at-the-metagame/

Best overall summary of the current metagame that I'm aware of.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Slightly out of date, as I think most people would consider Mono Sapphire Tempo to be a tier 1 deck now, and Eye of Creation has probably dropped a few tiers.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Streaming Midnight Judgement in a Scheduled Constructed

Come hang out or something.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I'm eager to get started on the tournament so I can stop second-guessing my deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Another Set 2 spoiler, don't know if this one has shown up in this thread.

• Locked thread