Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Leelee posted:

/Stares into camera like Jim in The Office.

Cassandra-sama, please notice me. :nyoron:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Note that it says "alpha build" in the top left corner, so any speculation about the tactics screen or the UI based on this footage is just straight up useless.

I remember when they showed the very first footage of Dragon Age 2 and the UI and font choice looked so loving bad I refused to even consider the idea that it wasn't placeholder. What a fool I was

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

That' an amazing image. :allears:

I totally want to play as the unholy amalgam of Santa Claus and the Krampus.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

So what we have learned here is "horrible, horrible beard" is an option in character creation.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
it's amazing tha tBioware absolutely fuckign sucks at facial hair, like more than any other dev studio.

Lotish posted:

I totally want to play as the unholy amalgam of Santa Claus and the Krampus.

That Qunari reminds me of Archer, but as a Qunari. That was my first thought, even though it's not a striking similarity.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shugojin posted:

So what we have learned here is "horrible, horrible beard" is an option in character creation.
'Beard that clips terribly into all clothing'

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

HIJK posted:

but if Gaider's online presence is a good yardstick then all of this is a result of the echo chamber/hug box that they've locked themselves in.

Yep. Much like SA's very own political discourse.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
This gets acrimonious enough without bringing in politics.

And I am looking forward to playing as the most terribly bearded Qunari in history.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

Endorph posted:

'Beard that clips terribly into all clothing'

It sort of looks like he put on shaving cream and then forgot about it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

oswald ownenstein posted:

Yep. Much like SA's very own political discourse.

Tell us where the bad D&D touched you.

SelfOM
Jun 15, 2010

IPlayVideoGames posted:

It sort of looks like he put on shaving cream and then forgot about it.

Or he decided to plaster treebark on his face. I'm loving the soundtrack so far.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Drifter posted:

it's amazing tha tBioware absolutely fuckign sucks at facial hair, like more than any other dev studio.

Lies, the beards in Origins were amazing:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

This is true and not a parody post.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

UberJumper posted:

I want to try finishing Dragon Age Origins, the last time i played was probably when the game came out, so i don't have my old save. I installed the recommended mods.

I'm also about to replay because I'm bored. What list of recommended mods are you using? Nexus mods is a clusterfuck (as always). You know what DAO was missing all this time? 3 minute sex scenes of blowjobs from Morrigan and doing Leliana doggystyle. :v: I mean, that's what I'd be doing to them IRL so not having that always ruined mah imurshun...MY IMURSHN BIOWARE, DO YOU EVEN CARE?!

Drifter posted:

That Qunari reminds me of Archer, but as a Qunari. That was my first thought, even though it's not a striking similarity.

That's because the dude sounds a lot like Jon Benjamin--I had to look it up to see if it was him when I first heard his voice.

Josef bugman posted:

This gets acrimonious enough without bringing in politics.

Am I the only one that's getting the vibe that this whole game is intended as an allegory for ethics in gaming journalism?

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Six hour trial available to XBOX users on November 13th: http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news.htm...80&sf33296106=1

Stupid XBOX.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is that for the 360 and xbone?

Follow up question. I have a laptop that struggles running Borderlands 2 at max settings and a 360, which would be less of a clusterfuck for DA:I?

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

THAT beard certainly was, but if you tried giving your own character a full beard his cheeks get set to super-gaunt, giving him a a huge gap between beard and skin

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is that for the 360 and xbone?

Follow up question. I have a laptop that struggles running Borderlands 2 at max settings and a 360, which would be less of a clusterfuck for DA:I?

Just the latter and post your specs, respectively

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
For DAO, and starting out as a dual wielding rogue, am i supposed to be going for cunning or dexterity? :confused:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

IIRC it's balanced between the two until you get cunning to at least 20, then pump the rest into dexterity

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Archimago posted:

Am I the only one that's getting the vibe that this whole game is intended as an allegory for ethics in gaming journalism?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'd be fine with fetch quests if they gave me a reason to give a poo poo, but one preview already talked about awkward shallow quest endings so yeah, I'm calling that shits gonna be as shallow as skyrim all around.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

UberJumper posted:

For DAO, and starting out as a dual wielding rogue, am i supposed to be going for cunning or dexterity? :confused:

Enough dexterity to unlock the weapon skills you want, then take the assassin specialization and dump all your points into cunning. If you don't take assassin, they're equally valuable IIRC.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'd be fine with fetch quests if they gave me a reason to give a poo poo, but one preview already talked about awkward shallow quest endings so yeah, I'm calling that shits gonna be as shallow as skyrim all around.

"As shallow as Skyrim" is still miles ahead of DA2's/ME3's bullshit non-quests.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Archimago posted:

3 minute sex scenes of blowjobs from Morrigan

Googling this instead landed me a cosplay POV video of Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers. Win/win, I'd say.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CitrusFrog posted:

Googling this instead landed me a cosplay POV video of Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers. Win/win, I'd say.

Is she the one with the little wings?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Watch some of the vids, they seem to have some of the fetch quests in them. Personally they look better than some other options and look to try and eventually link into the story/ open up new areas, but that'd be your best bet for looking at stuff.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 3, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

French hour long play session: Part 1 and Part 2. Some very light spoilers but he skips some of the talking. At one point he forgets to tell his inquisitor to do anything during a fight with a demon that is kicking his rear end, and the poor guy just stands there watching the team getting trashed. Lead them or fall indeed.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 3, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lotish posted:

Lead them or fall indeed.

Sounds like he just had his AI behaviors turned off or something.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Lotish posted:

French hour long play session: Part 1 and Part 2. Some very light spoilers but he skips some of the talking. At one point he forgets to tell his inquisitor to do anything during a fight with a demon that is kicking his rear end, and the poor guy just stands there watching the team getting trashed. Lead them or fall indeed.

This game looks great at times but man those wind speed indicator graphics when you're on a mount are really lame for the speed you're going.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

This game looks great at times but man those wind speed indicator graphics when you're on a mount are really lame for the speed you're going.

I thought that was funny.

This, too

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 4, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lotish posted:

This, too

That's pretty funny.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Obviously an intentional ploy to get free coverage from Fox News.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Lotish posted:

This, too

This is pretty great

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is private now. Anyone know who this was or have a mirror?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Codependent Poster posted:

This is private now. Anyone know who this was or have a mirror?

eh, just watch one of the countless other first hours of the game videos.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Krowley posted:

IIRC it's balanced between the two until you get cunning to at least 20, then pump the rest into dexterity

Walrus Pete posted:

Enough dexterity to unlock the weapon skills you want, then take the assassin specialization and dump all your points into cunning. If you don't take assassin, they're equally valuable IIRC.

I am getting really mixed messages here :confused:

Also i am getting a message every 5 minutes of "Cannot connect to Dragon Age Servers" which is really getting annoying.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

UberJumper posted:

Also i am getting a message every 5 minutes of "Cannot connect to Dragon Age Servers" which is really getting annoying.

The DAO servers are no longer up. What does the game say your version is and what service did you use to download/install it? Or is this a retro CD version?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

UberJumper posted:

patch the game to version 1.05. Server issues and DLC are basically hosed if you don't. The patch is still available on bioware site here.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Archimago posted:

The DAO servers are no longer up. What does the game say your version is and what service did you use to download/install it? Or is this a retro CD version?

Origin, i bought the ultimate edition a few months ago. Version is v1.05. Every 3-4 minutes i get the annoying pop-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

UberJumper posted:

Assassin and Bard are both great specs that depend heavily on cunning. 30 Dex, 20 Str, rest Cun (you can stop about 4 points before hitting the target on dex and str since you get stat boots in the Circle tower) should be your spread during the Origins campaign, unless you want to become a Duelist/Ranger for some godforsaken reason.

People who recommend a dex build probably played the game before it was fully theory crafted. The only advantage of dex is that you can use your high defense + Evasion to make a rogue tank (keeping in mind that Evasion drastically reduces your dps by interrupting your attack animations when you dodge, which is why you should only take it on a tank).

quote:

Everybody gets that nowadays, it's Bioware's way of telling us to move on to a better game.

SNAKES N CAKES fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 4, 2014

• Locked thread