Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

KB+M on desk for FPS

controller in lap for vehicles

More games should pull Snatcher's poo poo of using two controllers and not warning you when its going to switch which one you need so its always tense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Snatcher was a drat good game that hurt my ears.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Well I'm getting more and more familiar with the system, and I think I can now safely say 99% of you really are full of poo poo, CoD: awful is actually pretty good, and forza horizon 2 is superb. I'm sorry I listened to you before and didn't get this console sooner.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

MiiVerse is God drat amazing.

Also the game pad pro is the most comfortable controller since the GameCube.

Edit: Actually I read this as the game pad non pro.. the pro is pretty comfortable.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 4, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

ethanol posted:

Well I'm getting more and more familiar with the system, and I can think I can now safely say 99% of you really are full of poo poo, CoD: awful is actually pretty good, and forza horizon 2 is superb. I'm sorry I listened to you before and didn't get this console sooner.

Or you should thank them for lowering up your expectations so much that this much cheaper entertainment equipment is palatable to you. Congrats, on waiting to Jump In.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ethanol posted:

Well I'm getting more and more familiar with the system, and I can think I can now safely say 99% of you really are full of poo poo, CoD: awful is actually pretty good, and forza horizon 2 is superb. I'm sorry I listened to you before and didn't get this console sooner.

All of this is just flat out wrong.

It's great that you are liking it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Captain Internet posted:

Or you should thank them for lowering up your expectations so much that this much cheaper entertainment equipment is palatable to you. Congrats, on waiting to Jump In.

That's true, the price drop helps a lot

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ethanol posted:

I'm sorry I listened to you before and didn't get this console sooner.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

That sentence is far too short to be a Faulkner original.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

KB+M on desk for FPS

This is how I played Planetside 2 on my PC. Vehicle kb/m controls were awful in that game, but I could make them all mostly similar on my 360 pad :unsmith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Snatcher was a drat good game that hurt my ears.

If I were a game designer I would pull this stunt with an oculus rift.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

That's a good deal either way

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Sedisp posted:

Wait so metacritic scores don't matter now? Get me a loving flowchart for this poo poo.

They only matter when they comport with the previously held beliefs of the person observing the Metacritic score.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

They only matter when they comport with the previously held beliefs of the person observing the Metacritic score.

Or when your performance bonus is tied to it.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

how do you lose all that poo poo so quickly

i still even have those gameboy memory cards the dreamcast used but they couldn't keep track of this thing's enormous power brick???

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's super loving cool that I started pre load on CoD last night only to have it hang up some time today. Apparently this is affecting everybody. Never ever buying a digital download again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

losonti tokash posted:

i still even have those gameboy memory cards the dreamcast used but they couldn't keep track of this thing's enormous power brick???

:thejoke:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

losonti tokash posted:

It was stolen. Grip it and rip it. In the case of the XBONE One, fail to flip it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

Well I'm getting more and more familiar with the system, and I think I can now safely say 99% of you really are full of poo poo, CoD: awful is actually pretty good, and forza horizon 2 is superb. I'm sorry I listened to you before and didn't get this console sooner.

Edit: Actually I read this as the game pad non pro.. the pro is pretty comfortable.

what does playing two 360 games have to do with buying an xbone im v confused

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sorry a 360 game and a worse version of a ps4 game

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

BRB going to tattoo parlor.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess Never Alone comes out tomorrow(on everything), by the first Native American game company?

http://vimeo.com/92000406

Looks interesting.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Stopped by Walmart to see about that $380 bundle someone mentioned the other day and they weren't offering it. They also ran out of Sunset Overdrive bundles in the meantime. Maybe I should just buy the AC bundle at Costco and see if anyone wants to trade that code for an SO code. Can you gift purchases in the online store?

At least I walked out of there with a bag of Hawaiian Luau BBQ chips and a bunch of Tombstone pizzas. Can you believe they were only $3 each?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Tim Whatley posted:

It's super loving cool that I started pre load on CoD last night only to have it hang up some time today. Apparently this is affecting everybody. Never ever buying a digital download again.

Why would you buy digital COD anyway, you are gonna wanna trade it in in 12m anyway when advanced warfare black ops 4 comes out

Bubba77
Jan 10, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

Luckily my pre-load was fine and I was able to play right away. Ive been pleasently surprised that this years Cod is actually pretty good.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Call of duty should be calibrated to the proper industry standard BT.1886 gamma curve.

o_O

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 4, 2014

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

losonti tokash posted:

It's probably an XBox 1. Not an XBox One, mind you, but an XBox 1.

I wonder how many people on eBay have been ripped off because they didn't read carefully and ended up buying an XBox 1 for hundreds of dollars when they thought they were buying an XBox One.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr. Eldarion posted:

I wonder how many people on eBay have been ripped off because they didn't read carefully and ended up buying an XBox 1 for hundreds of dollars when they thought they were buying an XBox One.

There were actual printed magazine articles which were talking about the upcoming Xbox One and having pictures of the Xbox 1.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Living up to the hockey player avatar

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Also how many people have been ripped off because they bought an Xbox One.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

KB+M on desk for FPS

You've compromised your values. Supporting controllers gives The Godspawn Christ more power, weakening our unholy master's grip upon this world. All Hail Satan! All Hail PC Gaming (master race!)

ethanol posted:

Never seriously listen to these people. They're weak. They can't even keep a dark pact with Satan.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So I guess Volgarr is somebody's middle finger to Shovelknight. It's good though

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

ethanol posted:

So I guess Volgarr is somebody's middle finger to Shovelknight. It's good though

pls explain

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Well I tried to do that downward attack in shovelknight out of instinct and it's in this game too. so there's that

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ethanol posted:

Well I tried to do that downward attack in shovelknight out of instinct and it's in this game too. so there's that

Volgarr came out wayyyy before SK IIRC

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Saladman posted:

At least as of today it's had literally no impact on BF4 numbers, at least according to bf4stats.com, these are actually the highest numbers I've seen in a while. Also from what I understand from the Internet, finding someone to switch from BF4 to CoD:AW is like finding a Democrat who votes Republican.

Sorry I don't have any Amazon sales charts to back this up.

VVV: Also this. loving console version.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Volgarr came out wayyyy before SK IIRC

Oh, I thought it came out in october, my bad

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Just finished SO, definitely agree with everyone here where the 2nd half of the game is way better once you unlock all of your movement skills. Really good game too, glad I made the right choice of console to buy :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

ethanol posted:

Volgarr came out first. Dunno what you mean.

e:fb

• Locked thread