Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Hahahaha I have never seen these until literally just now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddeTaBGzS0
The German suplex is still the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Man Whore posted:

The German suplex is still the best one.

They're even more unrealistic than most of the 1 and 2 hander executions. No throat punches or nose-bone-to-the-brain-palmstrikes? No five finger death punch to the heart, or kano heart tear out? Such potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Nazattack posted:

I have no idea what is causing this but it is impossible to play if the sun isn't out. I looked at this page that the entire internet tells you to consult. Except how do I find what active spell/shader ID's are active? The only buffs I have are item enchants and the Mage Stone. The cloud is still there without any armor/weapons equipped. And I am unsure when I got all glowy. I don't use any visual effects changing mods, but I do have Apocalypse Magic. Any suggestions? I am stumped.

This issue resolved itself. :iiam:

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

They're even more unrealistic than most of the 1 and 2 hander executions. No throat punches or nose-bone-to-the-brain-palmstrikes? No five finger death punch to the heart, or kano heart tear out? Such potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYGFwFIVPv0

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

:stonklol:

What would it look like tearing out a giants heart?

The deadly mutilation mod featured in that video looks loving terrible.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 4, 2014

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
What's up with CWO? I went to download it a moment ago and found that the page has been hidden. It mentions something about an "Epic Gameplay Overhaul" that's supposed to be out soon and include it. Please don't tell me CWO is being rolled into some huge supermod.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Went to SkyRe's Nexus page to see about getting a new version to mess around with, and I ended up following a link from a year ago to T3ndo's "successor" project, Perkus Maximus, 'cus I was certain there'd be boatloads of postmortem Nexus depression.

Turns out it's just about ready to exit beta on the 11th. Huh. Now to hunt down what this mod actually does. The facebook page doesn't help much.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Went to SkyRe's Nexus page to see about getting a new version to mess around with, and I ended up following a link from a year ago to T3ndo's "successor" project, Perkus Maximus, 'cus I was certain there'd be boatloads of postmortem Nexus depression.

Turns out it's just about ready to exit beta on the 11th. Huh. Now to hunt down what this mod actually does. The facebook page doesn't help much.

Why does a mod have a facebook page?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

LtSmash posted:

Why does a mod have a facebook page?

It wasn't this mod but I did see a comment on a Nexus page that because the author was releasing so many updates they had run out of room on the Nexus page so would be posting update comments on Facebook.

Also, it's the sad times we live in.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I've started a new game with Climates of Tamriel and Frostfall installed, and I have a question for anyone familiar with those two mods. I've just went up the path to the first mini dungeon to get that guys dragon claw and a blizzard comes I guess as part of frostfall. However the snow looks terrible, far from what I recall the storms looking like last time I played. Is this something Frostfall specific or is it a setting in CoT that I haven't set correctly? Ruins the whole survival aspect to see this lovely snow buzzing around.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

RangerPL posted:

What's up with CWO? I went to download it a moment ago and found that the page has been hidden. It mentions something about an "Epic Gameplay Overhaul" that's supposed to be out soon and include it. Please don't tell me CWO is being rolled into some huge supermod.

He apparantly is launching an update for all his "epic overhaul" mods, which CWO is part of.

He took down all his old versions because (???). (The answer is Aspergers.)
Seriously, have you seen the descriptions he puts on his mods? That guy is not right in the head.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

flashman posted:

I've started a new game with Climates of Tamriel and Frostfall installed, and I have a question for anyone familiar with those two mods. I've just went up the path to the first mini dungeon to get that guys dragon claw and a blizzard comes I guess as part of frostfall. However the snow looks terrible, far from what I recall the storms looking like last time I played. Is this something Frostfall specific or is it a setting in CoT that I haven't set correctly? Ruins the whole survival aspect to see this lovely snow buzzing around.

I don't think Frostfall generates weather. I run both of these and don't have any problems with the way the snow looks. Screenshot?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

flashman posted:

The blizzard is part of the game, not Frostfall. You should consider getting Supreme Storms by MannyGT, the Weather Patch for CoT, and the Supreme Storms Weather Patch (should be a part of that first Weather Patch).

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Man Whore posted:

He took down all his old versions because (???). (The answer is Aspergers.)

I think I can kinda see why he might have done this because he is very adamant about never upgrading his mods in the middle of a playthrough. So if he's about to release a new version, he figures it's best to prevent anyone from starting a new game with the old version maybe?

Yeah I am mainly thinking of CWO and DCO here. I'm not sure about the others either.
\/\/\/\/\/

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 4, 2014

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

GunnerJ posted:

I think I can kinda see why he might have done this because he is very adamant about never upgrading his mods in the middle of a playthrough. So if he's about to release a new version, he figures it's best to prevent anyone from starting a new game with the old version maybe?

I know that can be particularly important with Civil War Overhaul due to how the vanilla version is coded, not sure about the others though.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Duck and burger posted:

I don't think Frostfall generates weather. I run both of these and don't have any problems with the way the snow looks. Screenshot?

It looks a bit weird in the stills but it's like the snow is just super low quality. I've only got the base CoT installed I guess that could be the reason it looks strange to me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah that's vanilla snow. Get the mods I mentioned in my previous post and maybe look for a retexture for snow.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

flashman posted:

It looks a bit weird in the stills but it's like the snow is just super low quality. I've only got the base CoT installed I guess that could be the reason it looks strange to me.

Try this.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Ahh thanks for the clarification. Upon further reflection I may have had something installed in my previous playthrough to make it look nice and that's why it was initially so jarring. Going to get those mods and the SNOW retexture and see what it does.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I've been using Expanded Snow Systems as well, which is compatible with Climates of Tamriel and Weather of Tamriel.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Installing those mods made all the difference, one final question for you guys before I think I have all this sorted out. Seems like Real Shelter ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52612/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D52612&pUp=1 ) would be a good addition to this playthrough as well, but it seems like you need TES5Edit installed to use it. I've managed to create the startup for TES5Edit in ModOrganizer, but will I have to run Skyrim through that rather than SKSE? Seems like maybe the mod isn't compatible with the other stuff that will require SKSE (like S.P.E.R.G).

Edit: I'm a bit of a dingus I didn't realize TES5Edit only operated from within Mod organizer and wasn't a launcher. Ignore

flashman fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 4, 2014

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Speaking of Climates of Tamriel, how do you guys think it and Pure Weather compare with each other? More and more ENB presets are using Pure Weather as their visual base, and the comment sections aren't exactly the best place to find more detailed comparisons.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I'm not sure what I was thinking.

See the attached image. As soon as I select 'Launch SKSE' using the NMM, the Bethesda logo comes up, the Imperial dragon image flashes for a quick second then the game CTDs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I'm not sure what I was thinking.

See the attached image. As soon as I select 'Launch SKSE' using the NMM, the Bethesda logo comes up, the Imperial dragon image flashes for a quick second then the game CTDs.

First mistake is using NMM :v:

Seriouspost: You are likely missing a master file. Load up Wrye Bash and see if anything pops up red.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Scyantific posted:

First mistake is using NMM :v:

Seriouspost: You are likely missing a master file. Load up Wrye Bash and see if anything pops up red.

NMM is fine. MOD Organizer is lovely and unintuitive and touts itself as a superior organizer because it is less GUI driven.

Looks like Wyre Bash listed the flora respawn fix as a problem, though only by having its checkbox in red. I unloaded it and it works ok now. The unofficial dawnguard and dragonborn patches both have orange checkboxes and I'm not sure what that means.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

NMM is fine. MOD Organizer is lovely and unintuitive and touts itself as a superior organizer because it is less GUI driven.

What? You may want to read through Mod Organizer's documentation more thoroughly (especially the file system) 'cus its UI isn't why people like it. Unintuitive I'll definitely agree with, but lovely it ain't.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Yeah, profile and override control is way to handy to go back to using another method.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Looks like Wyre Bash listed the flora respawn fix as a problem, though only by having its checkbox in red. I unloaded it and it works ok now. The unofficial dawnguard and dragonborn patches both have orange checkboxes and I'm not sure what that means.

Quit trolling.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Still working through getting the basic mods works (a lot of college poo poo distracting me so I'm being pretty loving slow)

Right now, tried to install SkyUI through MOD organizer and got this

quote:

This report informs you about potential problems with your SkyUI installation.

Fix these problems , then press 'Refresh' to confirm that they're gone.
After all problems have been resolved, you can continue with the installation.

-----------
Problem #1:
-----------
The SKSE scripts are missing.

Potential causes:
* You didn't install the scripts with the rest of SKSE.

Solution:
1. Re-install SKSE. Make sure you extract the 'Data/' folder from the downloaded archive to your Skyrim installation directory.

But I have SKSE installed using the installer, so is this a false problem or did I not do something properly?

Apologies again if this stuff is obvious, again super new to modding

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

It's a false report, you don't have to worry about it.

Lurker Above
Jun 17, 2014

What is the proper load order for the Unofficial Patches?

As of October 2013, the load order for these mods has changed! They must now be loaded as follows:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
[Other ESM Files]
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
[Other ESP Files]

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Lurker Above posted:

What is the proper load order for the Unofficial Patches?

As of October 2013, the load order for these mods has changed! They must now be loaded as follows:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
[Other ESM Files]
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
[Other ESP Files]

Well I'll be.

Does anyone know how to tell if Better Shaped Weapons is working? I liked the idea of having swords that weren't boat paddle wide, so I downloaded it, but I can't remember what the vanilla swords looked like.

Also BOSS is no longer listed on the nexus.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Well I'll be.

Does anyone know how to tell if Better Shaped Weapons is working? I liked the idea of having swords that weren't boat paddle wide, so I downloaded it, but I can't remember what the vanilla swords looked like.

Also BOSS is no longer listed on the nexus.

Loot took it over.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Eyeballing the swords, does the blade look about three times as thick as the handle? If it's only just twice as thick, it's working.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Is there a way I can download the dragon mask fix linked in the OP as a standalone from the workshop and use it through mod manager? It seems like all I can do on the page is subscribe and I assume this will download it through steam, but will this gently caress with the rest of the mods I have installed already?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

flashman posted:

Is there a way I can download the dragon mask fix linked in the OP as a standalone from the workshop and use it through mod manager? It seems like all I can do on the page is subscribe and I assume this will download it through steam, but will this gently caress with the rest of the mods I have installed already?
It won't gently caress anything up. After subscribing to the mod, start the Skyrim Launder and it'll download the mod. Once that's done, the mod will show up normally in whatever mod manager tool you're using.

Note that it will be downloaded to your Data folder. If you're using MO and want keep the Data folder pristine. You can unsubscribe to the mod after downloading and move the .esp (and optionally the .bsa) from the Data folder to MO's mod folder.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Looking for some survivalist/hunting mod suggestions. I think I want to make a dude who rarely goes into towns and lives off the land.

Basically Ted Kaczynski in skyrim.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
The usual Hunterborn/Frostfall/Realistic Needs and Diseases stack is where it's at, and they work crazily well together. The Northern Ranger camping kit is also pretty nice if you want to set up a permanent encampment in the wilderness to operate from, but for a more nomadic style the stuff included in Frostfall/Hunterborn is more than adequate.

Edit: that said, for an actual playthrough as a psychotic madman, Imp's More Complex Needs allows you to get considerable sustenance from eating hearts. :v:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Kraven Moorhed posted:

The usual Hunterborn/Frostfall/Realistic Needs and Diseases stack is where it's at, and they work crazily well together. The Northern Ranger camping kit is also pretty nice if you want to set up a permanent encampment in the wilderness to operate from, but for a more nomadic style the stuff included in Frostfall/Hunterborn is more than adequate.

Edit: that said, for an actual playthrough as a psychotic madman, Imp's More Complex Needs allows you to get considerable sustenance from eating hearts. :v:

Good suggestions but I'd also recommend iNeed as a great eat/drink/sleep needs mod, it seems to be the newer, better alternative.

I'm finding that I rarely ever use Hunterborn or the camping kit in my current play through but Frostfall, iNeed and Cloaks really add some enjoyable depth to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Parker Lewis posted:

Good suggestions but I'd also recommend iNeed as a great eat/drink/sleep needs mod, it seems to be the newer, better alternative.

A thing that I miss from RND in iNeed is the ability to drink from any water source, but I have liked what I've seen of it more.

• Locked thread