Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

They could always use Power Girl in Arrow/Flash universe.

I wish the new show was Power Girl instead of Supergirl. That way there wouldn't be any implied or expected connection to Superman, she could fulfill the Superman AND Wonder Woman roles in the Arrow/Flash universe, and the Johns/Conner/Winick run set her up with a very TV-ready premise: she's a fun-loving single girl AND a brilliant corporate executive AND an rear end-kicking superhero. It would be like the Wonder Woman show David E. Kelley wanted to make, only that concept fits Power Girl perfectly, and Wonder Woman not at all.

I've also never been a Supergirl fan, but Power Girl is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
With Power Girl you basically have a superhero series in season 4. She's already self-assured, confident, a veteran - a bit similar to Constantine with a nice protagonist instead of an rear end in a top hat (or the proposed Wonder Woman series as you said).
With Supergirl you can do the whole origin/learn to be a hero story again, which is pretty much the mainstay of Arrow/The Flash, and which probably seems the better/more appealing formula to them. I would have preferred Power Girl too.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Shield was pretty good this week, I like Mockingbird a lot. It seems pretty naive of Coulsen to let Ward out of his cell though, but maybe it's all part of the plan (although probably not with the Shield agents dying and all).

I'm still struggling to care about anything which happens in Gotham, although this week's story was pretty good. It's the overarching plot I just could not care about.

Flash I'm enjoying a lot, after the initial few episodes I was worried that every week the villain would have been created by the explosion, but thankfully they've pared back on that a bit. Wentworth Miller was pretty great in this week's.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 31, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I really think it's part of the plan. The show has been too good about that stuff lately.

Especially with Ward. They systematically brought up every Ward redemption idea people had and trashed them.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I wish the new show was Power Girl instead of Supergirl. That way there wouldn't be any implied or expected connection to Superman, she could fulfill the Superman AND Wonder Woman roles in the Arrow/Flash universe, and the Johns/Conner/Winick run set her up with a very TV-ready premise: she's a fun-loving single girl AND a brilliant corporate executive AND an rear end-kicking superhero. It would be like the Wonder Woman show David E. Kelley wanted to make, only that concept fits Power Girl perfectly, and Wonder Woman not at all.

I've also never been a Supergirl fan, but Power Girl is awesome.

They're also casting for the role of Alexandra Danvers, Kara's foster sister who is basically Lex Luthor in a wig.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HitTheTargets posted:

They're also casting for the role of Alexandra Danvers, Kara's foster sister who is basically Lex Luthor in a wig.

http://i.imgur.com/7Y7pTHv.jpg

And yea, the latest Gotham was a lot more interesting that the last few, mostly because it was case focused and didn't have a lot of metaplot sidetracking other than the terrible MCU stuff.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

irlZaphod posted:

Shield was pretty good this week, I like Mockingbird a lot. It seems pretty naive of Coulsen to let Ward out of his cell though, but maybe it's all part of the plan (although probably not with the Shield agents dying and all).
Those weren't Shield agents they were regular military (presumably Talbot's mooks) and they didn't specifically show Ward kill any of them.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

DynamicSloth posted:

...and they didn't specifically show Ward kill any of them.

They didn't show Ward kill a dog or bone Agent May last season either! :byodood:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
First line of dialog next week

"Ward escaped and killed 6 guards!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

DynamicSloth posted:

Those weren't Shield agents they were regular military (presumably Talbot's mooks) and they didn't specifically show Ward kill any of them.

FBI agents if the big honking name plates on their armor meant anything.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think it's pretty clear that Ward slept with all those guards, and then they got shot by Garrett.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Argue posted:

I think it's pretty clear that Ward slept with all those guards, and then they got shot by Garrett.

At the same time?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

At the same time?

He is actually the MCU's version of Kang.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Supergirl casting call:

quote:

CAT GRANT | The project is eyeing females in their 40s, open ethnicity, to play the founder of CatCo, a media conglomerate that Cat built from the ground up. Kara (Supergirl’s mild-mannered alter ego) will work as a personal assistant to Cat, who is described as “J.Lo by way of Anna Wintour.”

JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol’ crush from Kara.

WINSLOW ‘WYNN’ SCHOTT | This twentysomething tech whiz/Comic-Con stalwart toils for CatCo as a programmer, unaware of his own (toying?) potential. Unware of her secret, he carries a torch for Kara, whom he lives next door to.

HANK HENSHAW | As an upstart CIA agent, Hank grew obsessed with intergalactic intel. Now in his 40s and lording over the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations), he is on high alert when Supergirl reveals herself, worried that her otherworldly abilities pose a threat to humankind.

She's working at the Devil Wears Prada.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Is there any hope at all that those two roles in the middle will be culled before that show makes it to air.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope they bite the bullet and ditch the Kara Danvers thing in favour of Kara Kent. The precis they put out made her parents sound like Ma and Pa Kent anyway.
And I assume Cat will be our Joe West/Capt. Lance of the show, unless they introduce Maggie Sawyer or Dan Turpin.

Dan Didio posted:

Is there any hope at all that those two roles in the middle will be culled before that show makes it to air.

Toyman, possibly. Jimmy, hell no.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm more excited we're a step closer to getting the Cyborg Superman on screen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Toyman, possibly. Jimmy, hell no.

Ahem. James.

I'm pretty sick of the sassy adorkable computer tech nerd in every genre show ever at this point so I hope Toyman is gone.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like the description of Schott, if he kind of subverts the nerdy tech sidekick every show has by actually being creepy and somewhat of a stalker evolving into a villain. That would be a really interesting dynamic.

I also like the idea of a manly, alpha Jimmy Olson in a world where he's not constantly at Superman's side and under his watch, and he would be a lot more interesting than nerd Jimmy Olson.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

I also like the idea of a manly, alpha Jimmy Olson in a world where he's not constantly at Superman's side and under his watch, and he would be a lot more interesting than nerd Jimmy Olson.

Yeah, but it is kind of completely missing the point of the character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Think about it like Lex Luthor. Jimmy's the way he is because Superman has been holding him back. This is him without that codepency.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

greatn posted:

Think about it like Lex Luthor. Jimmy's the way he is because Superman has been holding him back. This is him without that codepency.

So a completely different character?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Jimmy Olsen is a beta bitch.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Actually, changing him might be for the best. He's traditionally been as a stand-in for Superman fans, I don't want to see Jimmy as a stand-in for male fans of a superheroine. :stonk:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Jimmy as Nice Pete.

Kara do you think it's okay for a man to kiss a picture of a woman?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Hey, did anyone want Scarecrow added to the Gotham cast? Well, what about...Scarecrow's dad? Who is also a Scarecrow?! A...Sparecrow, if you will.

genius

redbackground fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I don't watch Gotham, but at this point I'm guessing it's like the Star Ward prequels where it turns out everyone is connected to everyone else in all sorts of really stupid ways?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Gorilla Salad posted:

I don't watch Gotham, but at this point I'm guessing it's like the Star Ward prequels where it turns out everyone is connected to everyone else in all sorts of really stupid ways?

You hit the nail on the head, pretty much.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of Gotham, here is Ben McKenzie's costume at Heidi Klum's Halloween party.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Gotham, here is Ben McKenzie's costume at Heidi Klum's Halloween party.

That's awesome.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

The MSJ posted:

This guy gets it.

I don't care how "bad" Gotham is. I still really like it.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Why can't that show just be Bullock and Gordon? That's all I want to watch! The Ben Edlund episode was good and this weeks was good. Maybe the show will break its spiral of suck.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shawn posted:

Why can't that show just be Bullock and Gordon? That's all I want to watch! The Ben Edlund episode was good and this weeks was good. Maybe the show will break its spiral of suck.

Personally I would be happy if it just focused on Penguin. That being said the last two episodes raised the bar to good. Just good. Also Barbara is still the worst.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

Personally I would be happy if it just focused on Penguin. That being said the last two episodes raised the bar to good. Just good. Also Barbara is still the worst.

They need to start the relationship with Sarah and get rid of Barbra.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Yeah when Falcone said she had come back in my head I was thinking let her loving die call his bluff and let's hope he's not bluffing. They have hosed up her character like a hundred times worse than Skyler White.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Shawn posted:

Yeah when Falcone said she had come back in my head I was thinking let her loving die call his bluff and let's hope he's not bluffing. They have hosed up her character like a hundred times worse than Skyler White.

I assume that she will die and it will bring Renee and Gorden together. That way they can make their peace, and do some damage control to Renee. Jealous lover is doing a huge disservice to the character.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shawn posted:

I was seriously hoping that Gordon would have chewed out Barbara for coming back. She ruined his plans by being a complete idiot. What good did she think coming back to Gotham would have done? How did she think it would have helped him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume that she will die and it will bring Renee and Gorden together. That way they can make their peace, and do some damage control to Renee. Jealous lover is doing a huge disservice to the character.

I don't get why they wouldn't just do the Gotham Central arc. Half a Life can be done without Two-Face. Just have Falcone or someone out her and focus on that part of the story. The whole anger management arc from the later part of the book and 52 seems tailor made for a semi-character focused procedural. L&O:SVU has gotten a bajillion seasons out of Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni abusing suspects and being wrecks of human beings outside the office.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
First Peggy Carter Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13W9gQ_1GA#t=118

Look pretty fuckin good to me.

Also: heh, was that the same boat from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barbara is not going anywhere for at least 9 months.