Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Zwingley posted:

Trans-Am Raiser is both better (to me) and criminally underused. I think it really kicked in two, or maybe three times during S2, and once during the movie?

The movie version was Quantum Burst which I honestly think is a little stronger. Mostly just on the strength of the opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

DamnGlitch posted:

What the gently caress is happening. For years I can remember being the only one in this thread that would say anything remotely close to liking gundam wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI0Aal3C6w

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

What the gently caress is happening. For years I can remember being the only one in this thread that would say anything remotely close to liking gundam wing.

I do recall back before my Gundma marathon pretty much everyone in here did poo poo on Wing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
People are just learning to accept the cheesiness.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

mr. stefan posted:

Why would someone shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane?

I know, right. If you shoot him before throwing him out, then somebody has to spend hours cleaning up the mess. Much more hygienic to do it the other way around.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

WickedHate posted:

People are just learning to accept the cheesiness.

It's funny. When toonami was the only source for Gundam, Wing was the whipping boy and 08th MS was the golden child.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

DamnGlitch posted:

YOU'RE SAYING reduce the FORces?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

People have finally come around to having the correct opinion.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
People who were in the target demographic for Wing during its Toonami run are entering their late 20s and early 30s.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The real answer is "worse shows have aired since"

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
I like Gundam Wing. It's just stupid as hell.

I also wish I could read Frozen Teardrop, somehow. Because it sounds even more idiotic. Somehow.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Every Gundam is the stupidest Gundam.

Except Destiny which was stupidester.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

NikkolasKing posted:

Every Gundam is the stupidest Gundam.

Except Destiny which was stupidester.

That's a weird way to spell AGE.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
AGE was the stupidesterEST. :colbert:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

StrifeHira posted:

AGE was the stupidesterEST. :colbert:

ImpAtom posted:

So I am watching the AGE movies because why the gently caress not?

There's a new scene where Asemu gets the AGE-1 Swordia. He attacks an enemy who blocks with its beam saber.

Asemu cuts the loving beam saber in half. That is the funniest god drat thing ever. It breaks like it was made of metal.

AGE worked hard to gain its title of stupidest Gundam, please recognize its efforts.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AGE is a magical kind of dumb, a kind of dumb where a laser beam can spin and do more damage that way.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I have not actually seen AGE and I probably never will unless for some bizarre reason they decide to dub it. However I do remember having a similar conversation last time I tried to say all Gundams are equally misogynistic.
"Nope, AGE is easily the most misogynistic."

It's kind of amazing.
So which Gundam is the wor-
AGE.
Which is the most miso-
AGE.
Which has the worst prota-
AGE.
etc.

The Gundam fanbase was one of the most divisive, disagreeable groups I had ever known before I actually joined it. Now I see they all agree on two things:
1. War in the Pocket was great.
2. AGE was a crime against humanity.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
AGE is almost inspirational in how utterly awful it is. Like, they had to be trying to gently caress things up that badly.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Bandai cancelled five AGE Master Grades. AGE sucked THAT bad.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

So I am watching the AGE movies because why the gently caress not?

There's a new scene where Asemu gets the AGE-1 Swordia. He attacks an enemy who blocks with its beam saber.

Asemu cuts the loving beam saber in half. That is the funniest god drat thing ever. It breaks like it was made of metal.

Bonus reminder: AGE got Asemu movies because it's the part everyone liked, and the part that made sense to all involved.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Bandai cancelled five AGE Master Grades. AGE sucked THAT bad.

And only what, 2 of them would've had unique inner frames? AGE-3 and FX, right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TARDISman posted:

And only what, 2 of them would've had unique inner frames? AGE-3 and FX, right?

There was also a MG Gafran that got announced and canceled before even a prototype got shown off.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

There was also a MG Gafran that got announced and canceled before even a prototype got shown off.

Oh drat, I actually would've considered that, that'd have been an interesting build.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

NikkolasKing posted:

I do recall back before my Gundma marathon pretty much everyone in here did poo poo on Wing.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -- C.S. Lewis

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

TARDISman posted:

Oh drat, I actually would've considered that, that'd have been an interesting build.

Yeah i actually liked the bad guy suits from age.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

People recognizing the One Truth that Wing is great has gotten me to start rewatching Wing, and at the risk of getting a bit Goku vs. Sephiroth, Wing's general tech level would wipe the floor with basically any other series excluding the Turn A, especially given that if gundam nerds are to be believed Leos are protagonist suit levels. Just the AI for mobile dolls alone is probably above any of the other series. And then the gundams themselves are practically indestructible.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Whizbang posted:

AGE worked hard to gain its title of stupidest Gundam, please recognize its efforts.

"efforts"

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 4, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DamnGlitch posted:

The thread's gotten a lot worse.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DamnGlitch posted:

Gundam AGE retroactively made all other Gundam series better.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
How come we never talk about G-Saviour?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
The only things remotely interesting about AGE are the mech designs and the concept of a multi-generational story.

It's not so bad it's good. It's barely interesting to watch. It really is the Worst Gundam.

^^edit: There's not much to say about G-Saviour. It's a bland cheap sci-fi movie that is loosely associated with Gundam.

Spelling Mitsake fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 4, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Jegan Ace posted:

I want a later Gundam series to show an undersea farm using bio-luminescence to grow Sea Corn or whatever.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Thanks to AGE, western SEED Destiny fans can finally come out and are no longer the lowest lifeform in mecha anime forums.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Jegan Ace posted:

I knew I was in for a treat when I noticed the soldiers all wore Starship Troopers armor.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

W.T. Fits posted:

Going by that logic, why not shoot him in the head first, and then drop him out of the shuttle?

and get blood on her ship?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I finally got around to watching War in the Pocket.

I broke up laughing at dramatic ending because in the dub version, someone describes Bernie's body as being "a pile of hamburger".

Took me totally off-guard during a fairly emotional scene.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Jegan Ace posted:

Because we don't talk about G- Savior.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Tonight I'll watch G Saviour

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I watched it last week after stumbling upon the DVD in my closet. It wasn't as bad as I remembered. :v:

...except for the CG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

Tonight I'll watch G Saviour

I didn't expect Lady Une's voice actor to look like she did. See how many other Gundam VAs you can identify - there are several.

• Locked thread