Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

DICKHEAD posted:

I think I like the autonomy / unrest system though. Other than the bug where rebels sometimes end up allied with the person they're revolting against.

This got fixed in the beta patch. Unfortunately it doesn't work for rebels that already exist, so I had to settle with the ones already hanging around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the only paradox game worth playing is victoria II

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Mimetic posted:

This got fixed in the beta patch. Unfortunately it doesn't work for rebels that already exist, so I had to settle with the ones already hanging around.

Oh cool. Didn't realize there was a beta already

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fandyien posted:

the only paradox game worth playing is victoria II

You got stupid opinions about everything huh.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Wormskull posted:

You got stupid opinions about everything huh.

durr i like crusader kings 2 because sitting there passively clicking through events with the game on super fast forward is somehow strategic, duhh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fandyien posted:

durr i like crusader kings 2 because sitting there passively clicking through events with the game on super fast forward is somehow strategic, duhh

I too enjoy a strategy game which is basically a black box RNG that paints a map. Dumbass.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I like to eat good, fresh turds out if the toilet. Needles in my dick? Hel;s yea. I am a Victoria 2 gamer and proud.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

tell that to grossdeutschland w/its tanks and gas attacks, BITCH.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
grossdoucheland

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
All of the paradox games are good

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

KoldPT posted:

All of the paradox games are good

go back to sengoku, nerd.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Take your faggy flame war to another thread, asstards.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

12 new le posts in the map game thread over night...a new record *me gusta face*

*opens the thread and sees what's inside* *Yao Ming Disgusted Face*

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
to be fair, sengoku does let you shame your vassals into committing seppuku. a significant edge over ck2.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
what new lands do your armies harry knuc

what fresh cheevs await the conqueror's boot

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zeal posted:

what new lands do your armies harry knuc

what fresh cheevs await the conqueror's boot

I haven't even been able to start a proper game. I keep getting bored or annoyed with things.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The color of the new country in Crimea makes my dick hella hard.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do warnings work? If I'm playing as Byzantium and the Ottomans have warned me and I declare war on Serbia, do the Ottomans come into that war on the side of Serbia or do they start their own war. Am I considered defending or attacking?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ok if you warn someone they can't attack a nation bordering you. If you do it's like you come in as an ally. So is Otto warns you, attack Bosnia or something like that to avoid the flak. So if you attack Serb, you are the aggressor vs Otto and Serbia

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 4, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Ok if you warn someone they can't attack a nation bordering you. If you do it's like you come in as an ally. So is Otto warns you, attack Bosnia or something like that to avoid the flak.

I want to bring them in so I can call defensive allies. Between me, Poland, Lithuania and Austria, I think I can take them, but Poland will only come in defensively and Austria can't get mil acess from Hungary so I need Poland in the war so they can get through.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

But I guess if I attack and they join Serbia on their side rather than starting a fresh war then there's no point.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Guarantee their next target. You'll come in as defenders. Make that target weak so you grab war leader, bring in allies like a French alliance chain

Use your alliance power to your advantage; you can expand somewhat without fearing ottoman surprise attacks, so exploit that for the next 5 years. Genoa is a good target.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 4, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Guarantee their next target. You'll come in as defenders. Make that target weak so you grab war leader, bring in allies like a French alliance chain

War leader doesn't work like that now, I'm afraid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I should probably play someone strong while I figure this crap out.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried to play as Theodora and Byzantium and the other Byzantine minor. I kept getting my poo poo stomped. Crimea is hard. It's not like playing a minor in Europe at all.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I tried to play as Theodora and Byzantium and the other Byzantine minor. I kept getting my poo poo stomped. Crimea is hard. It's not like playing a minor in Europe at all.

Other Byzantine minor? Trebizond? Anyway Theodora is worth finding hella strats for just to paint the world that shade of matte purp.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Other Byzantine minor? Trebizond? Anyway Theodora is worth finding hella strats for just to paint the world that shade of matte purp.

Agreed. Best tag color ever, except for maybe the Irish green. I was really upset in CK2 when I couldn't customize my empire tag color back to that green.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They removed all the Byzanty cores except for the ones in mainland greece...loving fail.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They removed all the Byzanty cores except for the ones in mainland greece...loving fail.

Lame, IMO. Not like Byzantium or any of the Third Romes except sometimes Russia will ever regain them anyway without player help.

I just turned on music after remembering I had the new music pack installed and holy poo poo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Did they add automatic military access for allies because I have my troops trapped in Austrian Burgundy because king of burgundy dies fored while I was there. It's only 5k troops but I'm byzanty and that's my whole army lmfao.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just checked Theodora's national ideas and woah... they're bad. +1 dip repuation? wow great. 10% trade power? ffuck yes. +1 tolerance to the true faith? :vince:

C'mon they're just shittier Byz ideas. Gimmie a reward for making this thing work.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Guns drums and steel is too epic.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Byz is really hard now...I think ottomans starts with a poo poo load of galleys, or they crap a bunch of them out real soon so there's no way to dominate their navy. Austria and Poland will ally, but Austria starts rival with hungary so they will never be able to reach greece. I dunno if the ai is smart enough to ask for mil access through bohemia so they can use way all access through poland, but I ain't holding my breath.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a sucker for extremely hard EU and CK2 starts even though I am usually not good enough to pull them off. I end up ragequitting after getting owned hard at like 1470 a lot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm a sucker for extremely hard EU and CK2 starts even though I am usually not good enough to pull them off. I end up ragequitting after getting owned hard at like 1470 a lot.

I've done all the fun ones and I usually try them again when new patch comes out. Byz is more fun now because you can ally Austria and Poland before Ottomans have even finished sieging Albania, so you can play patiently without doing cheesy poo poo. Like now, even though I've still only got the provinces I started with, aside from Naxos I stoled from Venice and annexed Athens, I also bumrushed Bosnia when they were beating up my ally Serbia and peaced out with them as my vassal. I've been using them to expand a little in the Adriatic. Go help Serbia if they ever break out alliance because I'll beat them up too. Still waiting for my golden moment to attack Ottomans tho.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope hoi4 actually has some choices in the tech tree even if it is nation specific like eu4 ideas

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That epic feel when the Guns, Drums and Steel version of Ride Forth Victoriously starts playing while beating the poo poo out of France.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Has anyone bothered with the Austrian mission to PU burgundy? I'm taking it because I don't want france to even get a speck of Burgundy.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Actually having to fight colonial wars to get fucktards out of my colonial areas is nice. I like the map changes. Portugal managed to build a little colony in in the Carolinas and Georgia that I gotta kick them out of and Spain managed to create a Florida that is actually only made up of... provinces in Florida! That's a first.

I think my next game I'll do Timurids->Mughals and then maybe try to do Romania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao. My ruler died literally seconds after peacing out of the war and the union broke with a fresh long truce.