Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Dexie posted:

Doesn't Hotline Miami sort of clash with the style of Cryme Tyme so far?

Murder is a crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The point of Cryme Tyme is to laugh at wigger games from the 90's, not really sure how hotline would fit into that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I have no idea what Marc Echo is but that title is ridiculous so I'm on board. I enjoyed Yakuza but Disaster wasn't very good so I guess the Beatdown camp hasn't sold me!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The world is money.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
One of the characters in Beatdown is a mysterious yet fabulous snake-style kung fu villain type, but they named him Aaron. One of the other characters is literally Woolie. Also, the game is balls-out insane, basically what Final Fight Streetwise should have been.

So vote for Beeatdown is what I'm saying.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Voted for Marc Echo because Matt has been trying to insert it in conversation for a year now. The poor lad just wants to play with some pressurized contents, why wont you let him?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

D4 is the best goddamned game

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHeRGEErdn4

BECAUSE IT'S FORREST KAYSEN

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I can't wait for them to get past where the Giant Bomb quick look left off, I've wanted to see the rest of the game ever since but can't afford an Xbone at the moment. Would absolutely buy one just for D4 and Scalebound though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I love Kaysen's introduction. He just shows up in your apartment and everyone who's played Deadly Premonition just looses their poo poo.

I can't wait to see their reaction to Roland.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
I'm surprised that Pat had to look up what the Gordian Knot was.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Holy poo poo D4 is incredible

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's Deadly Premonition with a budget and actually good.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I hope people who watch the Best Friends play D4 actually go and buy it so Swery can stop being poor and destitute in an alley. (Even if it is on Xbox One...)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm telling you right now I'm not buying an Xbone so I can buy this one super cool game, even if it is for Swery.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Hotline miami is also incredibly hard to talk over so it's gonna be interesting to see what happens if it wins.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I guess microsoft was hoping to repeat the whole DP word-of-mouth budget marketing but it turns out that that doesn't work when a game is hidden in the xbone marketplace instead of a retail store's shelves.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Senpai noticed you Matt. https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/529320011144245248

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I guess microsoft was hoping to repeat the whole DP word-of-mouth budget marketing but it turns out that that doesn't work when a game is hidden in the xbone marketplace instead of a retail store's shelves.
They actually set up a demo booth for it at PAX Aus, so they're at least trying!

They're not very good at it, though - it was surrounded by demo booths for Wolf Among Us, Minecraft and IDARB.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Holy poo poo. :psyboom:

god dammit swery is so cool :psyboom::psyboom:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Okay for those of you who are on the fence about D4 and think it might be not your slice of cake, imagine Boston police detective Forrest Kaysen eating four slices of pizza by holding them like a cheeseburger while talkin about clam chowder and marvel at how quickly you were just brought around on it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

CJacobs posted:

Okay for those of you who are on the fence about D4 and think it might be not your slice of cake, imagine Boston police detective Forrest Kaysen eating four slices of pizza by holding them like a cheeseburger while talkin about clam chowder and marvel at how quickly you were just brought around on it.

If that didn't do it for you it also is on sale with games for gold for :10bux:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I wish we lived in a world where swerys game were super successful so he could make giganto budgeted super weird games all the time

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sweary is a really nice guy and too beautiful for this world. He'll follow you back on Twitter and he's always tweeting about drinking, American food he can't finish because it's too big, and how much he loves his fans.

It's a real loving shame how microsoft threw him under the bus.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FYI even if you don't own an Xbone (as, let's be honest, you shouldn't), you can still pay SWERY your LP movie ticket by buying D4 through Microsoft's XBLA site.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

I love Kaysen's introduction. He just shows up in your apartment and everyone who's played Deadly Premonition just looses their poo poo.

...Gross.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Man, D4 is amazing so far. Really looking forward to more of it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Platinum should hire Swery to write their stories, because they go for batshit crazy anyway. Might as well make it interesting instead of skippable for the masses.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm telling you right now I'm not buying an Xbone so I can buy this one super cool game, even if it is for Swery.

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Scalebound

Just off the top of my head.

But I suppose that goes same for me in regards to the PS4. There's absolutely zero exclusive titles on there that I care about, and thus, don't have one.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 4, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Scalebound

But I suppose that goes same for me in regards to the PS4. There's absolutely zero exclusive titles on there that I care about, and thus, don't have one.

The problem is that Microsoft has a distinct problem making the "exclusive" part stick. Scalebound isn't going anywhere sure, maybe KI, but D4 and Sunset Overdrive will be migrating within a year without a doubt. Probably Quantum Break too, for those that still believe in Remedy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

On the other side, PS4's exclusives are so far: The Order, No Man's Sky, Bloodborne, franchises like Uncharted and Kingdom Hearts. And especially the last two, the games tend to never touch PC.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'll eat my hat if Sunset overdrive doesn't come to PC at some point. Scalebound is at least a year away and at that point I can probably get a cheap used xbone somewhere if it turns out to be Bayonetta 2 levels of great.

PS4 is kinda on the same boat for me. I only want it for Bloodborne, but I'm really not getting a console for 1-2 games.

Tae posted:

On the other side, PS4's exclusives are so far: The Order, No Man's Sky, Bloodborne, franchises like Uncharted and Kingdom Hearts. And especially the last two, the games tend to never touch PC.

At least No Man's Sky is confirmed for PC. That said I'm extremely skeptical about No Man's Sky, I just have a feeling that it won't deliver at all and turns out to be mediocre.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 4, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bloodborne will probably come to the PC eventually but getting a gaming PC to replace my craptop is more expensive than a PS4 and I don't want to play a Souls game with anything but a dualshock. FF15 might actually come to PC but I'll bet that'll be a bad version!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not holding out on a Bloodborne PC unless I see hints of a Demon Souls port (the previous Sony funded Fromsoft game).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Bloodborne will probably come to the PC eventually but getting a gaming PC to replace my craptop is more expensive than a PS4 and I don't want to play a Souls game with anything but a dualshock. FF15 might actually come to PC but I'll bet that'll be a bad version!

Bloodborne is being published and funded by Sony, just like Demon's Souls. There is approximately 0% chance that it will come to PC.

Also, you can use a Dualshock 4 on PC.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Andrast posted:

Bloodborne is being published and funded by Sony, just like Demon's Souls. There is about 0% chance that it will come to PC.
Oh I didn't realize they had it under their control like DeS. All the more reason to get that PS4 then!

quote:

Also, you can use Dualshock 4 on PC.
Yeah but that takes more than a minute of effort.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Yeah but that takes more than a minute of effort.

It takes like 10 minutes to set it up and then it works forever. I'm actually using a Wii U Pro Controller on my PC right now using a bluetooth receiver and it's also great.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I think what this proves, scientifically and finally, is the WiiU is the cool guy console to have for this next generation.

Andrast posted:

It takes like 10 minutes to set it up and then it works forever. I'm actually using a Wii U Pro Controller on my PC right now using a bluetooth receiver and it's also great.

Word, I bought this: http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wii-Pro-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW and it was as easy as just plugging it in and bam, it worked.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Scalebound

I'm sorry to inform you Matt, but I have never liked KI and the new isn't particularly changing that feeling. The only one of those I really care about is Scalebound and I am not paying 400 to play it. Like when I learned the Wii U had Bayo 2 and W101 I was like "Sure, I can get a used one for 200 and that's enough to justify it to me." Then like multiple other games came out that I wanted and it was cool. The Xbone is still way too much for like two games I care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Does anyone know what Scalebound is even going to be yet? I've only ever seen the CG trailer for it and a quote from Kamiya saying it's going to be different from anything else he's worked on. Scalebound will probably be good, but I have no idea what it actually is.