Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Firebelly and three converted Crypt Horrors. Said Horrors will be used as Chaos Spawns in 40k. All bits 28mm GW.

I'll post a comparison picture when I've painted them, but starting from left: The first one has had its head swapped, no actual cutting was required. Second one has had its arms swapped, I had to file down its shoulders to fit the new arms. The third one has had its hands chopped and replaced with lightning claws, as well as having its neck cut down in size to fit a new head.

WHALES SAVED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Kicking this poo poo off immediately this month.

I, Under 15, oath the following:

Azhag the Slaughterer

Rock Lobber (no crew)
5 Gnarly Cave Squigs
10 Night Goblins

The wyvern's head looks a little weird, but that's just because I forgot to primer it with the rest of the model. I'll be painting it over white before I begin, obviously.

My goal is to Speedpaint Azhag, since I have a tournament next week and I need his death magic to Purple Sun all these 1000-point Herohammer motherfuckers GW has been releasing.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath the following for the month of November:

9 Battletech Mechs made by Iron Wind Metals @ 1:285 scale.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
So many good oaths coming in this month. Great work everyone!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Fabulous stuff guys!

Those of you that have Oathed already, I'll get to your Approvals on Monday probably, so don't worry about the wait, I'm on my phone on hotel wifi out of town.

As usual, get started and if there are any issues I'll let you know.

Again, the Inquisitor's Journal is basically Movember, so painting or sculpting hair, stubble, whatever. I'll post the official Journal post as soon as I can :)

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Galaspar posted:

Charity Jurnal is on the Chaos Lord. We've had two campaigns running in the UK this month, Stoptober to encourage people off the fags

As an American I was shocked to see this then, about seven seconds later, I understood.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath the following for the month of November!

Absylonia, Daughter of Everblight, from Privateer Press

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus oath one Devil Dog grunt, a model from Privateer Press's Warmachine Mercenaries line, and one Nephilim Bloodseer, from Privateer Press's Hordes Legion of Everblight line.

The Devil Dog is the same fellow with an axe shown in the below picture, and is normally bald, but for the upcoming jurnal I plan to give him some stubble on that chrome dome of his.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Man, it's a good thing I have DST on my side because goddamn Azhag is taking much longer than expected

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

When I say Azhag I mean Skullmuncha or whatever its name is because I've only worked on Azhag about twenty minutes so far.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NTRabbit posted:

:supaburn: OATH COMPLETE :supaburn:

Claiming Journal with this one - lots of people joke about the spergs and autists who make mini gaming unbearable at times, which isn't really fair on those who really are Autistic, so I painted my plague guy like the Autism Spectrum Australia logo, will donate when I can. Gun slightly obscures the pain on his body.

Claiming Themed Group

This Goblin is engaging in a favourite Marauder past time, hunting using his Mawbeasts to herd a plague monster into the blades of his stuntbot, and is claiming Strike a pose

I was at a party yesterday night and didn't get to this in time today. :ohdear: In the pictures you posted, I see only 8 tank-y things, where you pledged 12. Is there a picture missing from your post? Specifically referring to this:

4x Marteau bombards, 4x R-4 Medium mortars, 2x L'Arman heavy tanks and 2x Grele flak tanks for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

gently caress, I put them all in groups of 4 for photos while the wash on my Warp Spiders was drying and forgot to photograph the 4 Belgian ones :negative:

I guess that's a technical oath failed yeah? There goes my top 10 through consistency :arghfist::saddowns:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 2, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, Oath for the month of November

The 6mm stuff - by Baccus Minitures
192 Portuguese infantry
48 French Chasseurs

The 28mm scale stuff - From the Mansions of Madness game by Fantasy Flight Games
1 Black Goat of the Woods
2 Byakee
4 Investigators.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath 8 Flesh Ripper Brutes. For Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Speed paint complete!

Pictures with actual lighting to follow.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Thank you to the United States Congress for providing the extra hour I needed to finish this motherfucker on time.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

I rzal, Oath for the month of November

One Khador starter set that I won. I added custom hair to the war caster lady.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath 20 Privateer Press 28mm Bog Trog Shamblers

I am going to try to do these as a pretty basic wash->drybrush heavy grey->drybrush light white in order to push through the model count and work on a new technique.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for November: 1 Dreadnought (Games Workshop, 28mm) and 17x Sarcos Mixed Team models (Impact Miniatures, 28mm)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I have my next oath ready to go anyway, but first, Iris of Ether do I need to whale my October oath or was it ok? They were literally sitting on the desk next to my light box, silently wondering why I didn't love them as much as the French tanks.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NTRabbit posted:

I have my next oath ready to go anyway, but first, Iris of Ether do I need to whale my October oath or was it ok? They were literally sitting on the desk next to my light box, silently wondering why I didn't love them as much as the French tanks.

I'm going to be permissive this time because (had I been online) it's entirely possible that you would have been able to repost before deadline. I'll update the spreadsheet a little later.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm going to be permissive this time because (had I been online) it's entirely possible that you would have been able to repost before deadline. I'll update the spreadsheet a little later.

You're a gentlegoon and a scholar :swoon:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Alright then, I, NTRabbit, oath for November to paint

• 1x N-3 Liege land ship Leuven, 4x R-4 Medium Mortars and 4x Marteau Bombards for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)
  • 2x Marauder Snipers, 2x Marauder Commandos w/ Claws, 2x Marauder Commandos w/ Ripper Talons and 1x Marauder Commando w/ HMG for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)
  • 4x Dire Avengers and 1x Dire Avenger Exarch for 40k by GW (28mm)

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
November Oath: 3 Gunners, 2 Blasters, 2 Drillers, 1 Avalancher, 1 Basher, 1 Rockram, 5 Ogrun Assults Corps, 10 Nyss Legionnaires, a Standard Bearer, and Captain Farilor.
All Privateer Press!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (6) Chaos Chosen! From the (2012) Dark Vengeance box set, GW, 28mm.

(This space left blank for future posting of sculpted-hair-for-Journal before & after shots)

Edit: Here is the champion with sculpted-on emo hair!
Before:

After:

And fully assembled (just press-fit for the moment):

(That weird, fragile little claw-thing on his shoulderpad originally had three fingers, but one broke completely off and the other got bent down. Ordinarily I'd shave it off and greenstuff something else over it, but I think the fact that his shoulder is flipping the bird adds nicely to the overall effect.)

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 7, 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath to paint five Night Lord Raptors for November. 40k, 28mmm, GW/Forge World

A birthday present from Namenlos, with a few discrete conversions.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

poo poo, never actually posted my oath. Is it too late for this pic to be valid?

Five Acontecimentos Regulars, from Infinity

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, ForkBanger, oath to paint Yin the Pennegalan and Miss Ery for November

40mm and 50mm bases, 32mm scale, Wyrd Games.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Catch-up time!

ggGGGrrazagggazzzhhhhhggg...

+ + The ork designated Mr Green has been located + +

wotz all o dis, den...?

+ + He was disoriented and groggy after his abduction by the Adeptas Sororitas + +

(strokes glorious beard) wotz...dis...?

+ + The ork appears to have developed an egregious amount of facial hair...quite unusual for this species + +

(standing up) wotz all dis on me 'ed??!

+ + Further to this development, the ork seems to have suddenly grown...what appear to be dreadlocks as well + +

Oi'm likin' dis!!

This month's theme, AKA the INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL, as we all know is painting, sculpting or adding hair or some other similar thing, in some fashion, to your model. If you're working on a vehicle, this can be a rope, cables, netting or soemthing else like that - feel free to get creative!

Want to know how to sculpt green stuff hair? Here you go!
How about painting stubble? Check this out!
If you want to share any other tips, just post in the thread!

Completing the Inquisitor's Journal gives you an easy point, so if you want to be in the running for Grand Prizes at the end of Season 5, you'll be wanting every point you can get! Even if you don't care about points, many of the Journals will get you to try painting techniques you may not have tried before, so go for it!

ALSO, the judges will each be deciding who's done the Journal in the most unique and creative way and EACH judge will be giving a point for their top pick, so that's a potential 3 extra points just waiting for you!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Under 15 posted:

Kicking this poo poo off immediately this month.

I, Under 15, oath the following:

Azhag the Slaughterer

Rock Lobber (no crew)
5 Gnarly Cave Squigs
10 Night Goblins

rzal posted:

I rzal, Oath for the month of November
One Khador starter set that I won. I added custom hair to the war caster lady.

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath 20 Privateer Press 28mm Bog Trog Shamblers

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for November: 1 Dreadnought (Games Workshop, 28mm) and 17x Sarcos Mixed Team models (Impact Miniatures, 28mm)

NTRabbit posted:

Alright then, I, NTRabbit, oath for November to paint

• 1x N-3 Liege land ship Leuven, 4x R-4 Medium Mortars and 4x Marteau Bombards for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)
  • 2x Marauder Snipers, 2x Marauder Commandos w/ Claws, 2x Marauder Commandos w/ Ripper Talons and 1x Marauder Commando w/ HMG for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)
  • 4x Dire Avengers and 1x Dire Avenger Exarch for 40k by GW (28mm)

Red Shoe posted:

November Oath: 3 Gunners, 2 Blasters, 2 Drillers, 1 Avalancher, 1 Basher, 1 Rockram, 5 Ogrun Assults Corps, 10 Nyss Legionnaires, a Standard Bearer, and Captain Farilor.All Privateer Press!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (6) Chaos Chosen! From the (2012) Dark Vengeance box set, GW, 28mm.

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath to paint five Night Lord Raptors for November. 40k, 28mmm, GW/Forge World

ForkBanger posted:

I, ForkBanger, oath to paint Yin the Pennegalan and Miss Ery for November

Signal posted:

poo poo, never actually posted my oath. Is it too late for this pic to be valid?

Five Acontecimentos Regulars, from Infinity
Oaths ACCEPTED!

Signal - unsure what you mean but you're Oathing for November as far as I can see, so all's good!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think you missed my oath. And Grey Hunter's, right above my post.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
(last multi-post!)

Many many apologies for the delay in...pretty much everything, folks! I've been really busy at work (had a last-minute trip to Madrid last weekend, yay for the Monster Energy after party sapping all my strength for the following 2 days!), busy after work (writing lots of articles and things) and busy...with...well...this:

Games Workshop Recruiting posted:

Congratulations on progressing through to the next stage and good luck with your interview.

So...yeah. I'll be freaking out about that for the next 36 hours and STILL have a few multi-thousand word articles to write, and another work night out this weekend and blah blah blah no one wants to hear this. How this affects the Oath Thread is that yeah, I'm behind, AGAIN, but I will be catching up! Promise :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
You're right, missed a couple and NTRabbit's that I wanted to come back to!

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, Oath for the month of November

The 6mm stuff - by Baccus Minitures
192 Portuguese infantry
48 French Chasseurs

The 28mm scale stuff - From the Mansions of Madness game by Fantasy Flight Games
1 Black Goat of the Woods
2 Byakee
4 Investigators.

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath 8 Flesh Ripper Brutes. For Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

NTRabbit posted:

gently caress, I put them all in groups of 4 for photos while the wash on my Warp Spiders was drying and forgot to photograph the 4 Belgian ones :negative:

I guess that's a technical oath failed yeah? There goes my top 10 through consistency :arghfist::saddowns:

Technically...yeah, sorry, you missed your Oath. But at least you have a super-easy Save Da Whales!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus oath one Devil Dog grunt, a model from Privateer Press's Warmachine Mercenaries line, and one Nephilim Bloodseer, from Privateer Press's Hordes Legion of Everblight line.

The Devil Dog is the same fellow with an axe shown in the below picture, and is normally bald, but for the upcoming jurnal I plan to give him some stubble on that chrome dome of his.

Is my oath ok?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath one Infanterie Blindée Platoon:

It's Flames of War, 15mm, from Battlefront.

This is Battlefront's American Armored Rifle Platoon kit, but I'll be assembling it as Free French. This means I'm going to have some leftovers and not every figure will be used. So specifically, I'm painting:

5x Halftracks
1x Command Rifle Team
5x Rifle Teams
3x Bazooka Teams
2x LMG Teams
1x Mortar Team

(I hope I didn't over-complicate this.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pyrolocutus posted:

moths posted:

I, moths, oath one Infanterie Blindée Platoon:

It's Flames of War, 15mm, from Battlefront.

This is Battlefront's American Armored Rifle Platoon kit, but I'll be assembling it as Free French. This means I'm going to have some leftovers and not every figure will be used. So specifically, I'm painting:

5x Halftracks
1x Command Rifle Team
5x Rifle Teams
3x Bazooka Teams
2x LMG Teams
1x Mortar Team

(I hope I didn't over-complicate this.)

Oaths Accepted!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

krushgroove posted:

Oaths ACCEPTED!
Signal - unsure what you mean but you're Oathing for November as far as I can see, so all's good!

The picture was just a day or two old is all, wanted to make sure it didn't need to be super-current.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 8 bikes and one attack bike for Warhammer 40k

I painted the riders separately in October, so I'm hoping to finish them up this month!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Chaos Obliterator by Games Workshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I, HiveCommander, oath to paint Ramos, Joss, three Metal Gamin and six Steam Arachnids by Wyrd Miniatures

Going to head out with a can of white primer in a sec and give zenithal a shot. Wish me luck!

• Locked thread