Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Mnoba posted:

I didn't realize uav's stacked to where you could see them thru walls was wondering how that was happening.

I don't think that's the case. One of the modifiers you can put on a UAV is threat detection, which paints them for about 1 second for every swipe of the UAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
ahh forgot about that thing nevermind then

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

After playing for a few hours last night, I'm cautiously optimistic. The exo movements are fantastic, and right now no one is expecting you to drop onto their face out of the sky so you've got an upper hand in that regard for the time being. The TTK feels pretty much like Call of Duty, though there have been a handful of times where I've stopped firing because I thought the guy was dead only to have him ice me shortly thereafter. Maps seem to be sized right and don't feel like giant empty boxes like Ghosts, though I think I've only played 4 or 5 of them. Hopefully this game is fun because it's actually fun, and not just because of the newness.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The story is legit interesting... although you can see the twist coming for miles.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Don't clutter this thread up with that "Story" poo poo - the MP is a blast. I'm just finishing the opening prestige after gaming all day on my post-call day and this is the first time I've wanted to stay home playing Call of Duty since MW2. Actually very fun, truthfully do not get frustrated by good kids with gun skill beating me, very much enjoy the "Destiny creep" of custom weps, items. Looking forward to maybe hitting the prestige a few times in this iteration.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got the railgun sniper with 2 +damage mods, 2 -fire rate mods and like 1 +handling or something.

It reminds me of the mods you could throw on sniper rifles in Mass Effect 1 to make your own railgun.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I really really really wish this had dedicated servers for the PC.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Don't clutter this thread up with that "Story" poo poo - the MP is a blast. I'm just finishing the opening prestige after gaming all day on my post-call day and this is the first time I've wanted to stay home playing Call of Duty since MW2. Actually very fun, truthfully do not get frustrated by good kids with gun skill beating me, very much enjoy the "Destiny creep" of custom weps, items. Looking forward to maybe hitting the prestige a few times in this iteration.

its a good game. zoom zoom i'm on a rooftop. blam blam i shot a teenager. waagh waagh lol hooray for deathmics

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Game would be a bit better with a tiny bit higher ttk.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Knifegrab posted:

Game would be a bit better with a tiny bit higher ttk.

I actually thought the TTK was way too high on that EM-1 energy rifle that never runs out of ammo but maybe thats the trade off? Hard to tell.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Le Saboteur posted:

I actually thought the TTK was way too high on that EM-1 energy rifle that never runs out of ammo but maybe thats the trade off? Hard to tell.

That thing actually kills super fast and is pretty drat good, not sure why people think its bad.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

As a person who uses almost exclusively that weapon: if it were any better they might as well remove everything else. It is A Good Gun.

edit: the trick is to never ironsight it. It's a natural laser pointer. Just hipfire and win.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Blarfo posted:

As a person who uses almost exclusively that weapon: if it were any better they might as well remove everything else. It is A Good Gun.

edit: the trick is to never ironsight it. It's a natural laser pointer. Just hipfire and win.

Oh really? The slow down from iron sighting really hosed me up on that one. Will have to try this strategy.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I'm personally a huge fan of the ASM1. Future tommy gun owns.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Goodchild posted:

I just can't find good connections anywhere, I've played all night long and its nothing but awful lag-fests. It's not even just me, entire rooms of red bars. Titanfall never had this problem for me so it's not on my end.

I want to like a lot of things about this game but its impossible like this.

This is what makes me nervous. This is my entire experience with both MW3 and Ghosts

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

how do you get the special weapons?

elite or,whatever

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Hollenhammer posted:

This is what makes me nervous. This is my entire experience with both MW3 and Ghosts

I'm reading that they 'promised dedicated servers', anything more on that or was it just BS?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GET MY BELT SON posted:

how do you get the special weapons?

elite or,whatever

Roll the dice.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

So on a scale of standard CoD poo poo for retards but with /!\NEW JUMP BUTTON/!\ to like Titanfall but with content, where does this game fall?

Judging by the press f to pay respect screen shot I assume garbage for idiots, but I'd like to hear some actual opinions.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 4, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mcvey posted:

I'm reading that they 'promised dedicated servers', anything more on that or was it just BS?

Don't buy this poo poo on pc

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I played about four games last night and I had a blast

I really didn't expect to

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

So on a scale of standard CoD poo poo for retards but with /!\NEW JUMP BUTTON/!\ to like Titanfall but with content, where does this game fall?

You can't wall run but you can get blinged out weapons.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ethanol posted:

like im gonna play an FPS on a console :lol:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

You can't wall run but you can get blinged out weapons.

lol at anyone who buys this garbage

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
MP is genuinely fun.

What's the go to assault set up? I think I'm level 17 and the default gun is serving me well enough, but I'm wondering if there's something better.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

You know, the campaign doesn't look half bad on the 360.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

"Hey lets all buy a game thats worse than Titanfall, a game that raised the bar of modern FPS games to an inch off the floor and was praised for it's next gen experience" ~ idiots in this thread

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oh, one thing I have noticed that's kinda annoying: I bought the chat adapter a few days ago to use with my old 360 Turtle Beaches, and the chat and game sound seem to be mixed together so I can't adjust their volume separately. Is this just a general XBOne issue or is it tied directly to COD? It's annoying to try to make out what people are saying in-game, and you miss out on death mics if you're in party chat. :smith:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Scatterfold posted:

zoom zoom i'm on a rooftop. blam blam i shot a teenager. waagh waagh lol hooray for deathmics
This should be the next thread title.

Had fun last night although there were a couple of matches with terrible lag. Like, slideshow terrible. I'd be shooting someone, the screen would freeze, then they would be behind me and I'd be dead. A couple of games everyone had 1 bar. Otherwise it's pretty entertaining.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

mcvey posted:

like im gonna play an FPS on a console :lol:

http://xim4.com/

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

$125 for a gimped console mouse so you can destroy people who're using controllers? Nahh

"I just won my 24th consecutive game going 75-0 this owns let's keep going oorah"

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

$125 to pretend youre playing a bad game on a superior set up.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

"Hey lets all buy a game thats worse than Titanfall, a game that raised the bar of modern FPS games to an inch off the floor and was praised for it's next gen experience" ~ idiots in this thread
Which edition of AW did you buy

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
So thins might be the first game I've had to stop playing because my wrist is killing me presumably from mashing the spacebar to jump so often.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

ethanol posted:

This really needs to honestly be mentioned on every page.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Roman posted:

Which edition of AW did you buy

Obviously not the one where he can make an emblem of a unicorn kissing a dolphin, which is worth all costs and future costs this game will create.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Freaquency posted:

Oh, one thing I have noticed that's kinda annoying: I bought the chat adapter a few days ago to use with my old 360 Turtle Beaches, and the chat and game sound seem to be mixed together so I can't adjust their volume separately. Is this just a general XBOne issue or is it tied directly to COD? It's annoying to try to make out what people are saying in-game, and you miss out on death mics if you're in party chat. :smith:

This might be relevant info to you: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1F800DOG4XBSB/

If I recall correctly, this is what I read and followed to allow my mixamp to handle the game and chat volumes separately, but that was a while ago, so I don't really remember.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Knifegrab posted:

This is a better goon group to join on PC because the other one is full of goons who didn't (and smartly so) buy Advanced Warfare.

MG2 is better if you want to hang out in a steam chat and get to know people you're playing with. If you want to use a group that only exists to give people a list of goons they can spam AW party invites at, then sure, the other group is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Judging by the press f to pay respect screen shot I assume garbage for idiots, but I'd like to hear some actual opinions.

I haven't played since Black ops 1 and the game is pretty chill, reminds me of cod with some tribes and UT 2004 mixed in :)

• Locked thread