Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've kept in touch with a few pubbies I grouped with on my slog to 50, some of em are pretty cool guys. If you have friends, make sure they're cool and let em in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Lothar posted:

I am in EyeBeat in game.

I just wanted to chime in and say the last few days I played with goonsquad has been awesome. A bunch of pirating and taking over boats with Balista a couple of nights ago. Last night we killed fishing boats with werkwerk and balista.

The drama that everyone keeps bringing up is over and not even being brought up on comms anymore.

I will admit I thought about leaving to join another guild because of the castle thing but I decided to stay based on the last week of having a "gently caress everything" attitude and killing other guilds. It really makes the game a lot more fun and exciting.

I can't tell you how many times we came across other guilds on sea and we couldn't do anything because we were allied. Now it is just KILL THEM. Really fun!

Some of the most fun I've had in MMOs with goons is when we weren't tied down, like a castle would do to us in this game. Just roaming with a bunch of people and loving other peoples days up has always been the peak of MMO entertainment for me.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

ruffz posted:

Some of the most fun I've had in MMOs with goons is when we weren't tied down, like a castle would do to us in this game. Just roaming with a bunch of people and loving other peoples days up has always been the peak of MMO entertainment for me.

I think repurposing Goon Squad into a roaming mercenary force aimed at annoying/hassling anyone and everyone would be a good time and a good fit for our current situation.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CompeAnansi posted:

I think repurposing Goon Squad into a roaming mercenary force aimed at annoying/hassling anyone and everyone would be a good time and a good fit for our current situation.

The shadow council approves of this turn

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Evil_Greven posted:

So, there was a message from the GMs regarding downtime:

This game...

What's the issue?

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
Anyone on the Lucius server able to get me over to the Solis Headlands? Did the other quests up to that point and now I am stuck because my guild can't do it...

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Widestancer posted:

The shadow council approves of this turn

We will be watching.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

kcer posted:

What's the issue?

The Issue is hackshield. Once you have the update just reboot your pc and you'll be fine.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

What are the advantages of owning land in Auroria? The only one I could think of is being close to the source of water for those archeum tree (since the water is a trade pack, I think).

I really don't think I would uproot any of my properties in East/West just for that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CompeAnansi posted:

this is all I do at this point, that and farm

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CompeAnansi posted:

There are only 3 things required to squeeze the best juice of ArcheAge:

1.) buncha goons
2.) buncha harpoon clippers
3.) boat with a radar + guy marking boats

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Evil_Greven posted:

So, there was a message from the GMs regarding downtime:

This game...

And you all laughed at the goon who reset his laptop to get quest tracking working.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
after all the nonsense with funneling resources to goons only to have them leave, goons already want to funnel resources to another goon again :ughh:

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Widestancer posted:

And some people think I'm mean and only exist to stir poo poo up :( I actually enjoy video games a lot and if anyone here ever wants to play just add me on steam; usually some imps have some fun games going. Last night we played some L4D2 with a full crash bandicoot 2 mod (like, it's crash 2 in FPS mode) and some Town of Salem shenanigans happened like this:

Videogames, including Archeage, are fun with friends.

So how do I get in this because this sounds fun

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

GreatestNerdEver posted:

after all the nonsense with funneling resources to goons only to have them leave, goons already want to funnel resources to another goon again :ughh:
Where did you see this?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

InternetJunky posted:

Where did you see this?

followed by people agreeing

balista is a cool guy, sure, but come on

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I wish I had some witty image macro to post right now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreatestNerdEver posted:

It will be fine. If he leaves we'll just all follow him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8-6o_ultLg

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

GreatestNerdEver posted:

:toot:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

noELrunes posted:

So how do I get in this because this sounds fun

If you respect and enjoy playing video games (and other games, we even have sports and board game threads) just post in Imp Zone and have fun.

:cheers:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Funneling to the guy that keeps giving us pack materials and packs in payment for helping him move things? Have you even logged into the game or mumble in the past few days?

Between him, Werkwerk, and a few others, 10-20 people a day get free mats to craft packs for themselves on the Eastern continent, ferry them to the west, and let them turn it in for ~20 gold profit in under 30 minutes.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Oil! posted:

Funneling to the guy that keeps giving us pack materials and packs in payment for helping him move things? Have you even logged into the game or mumble in the past few days?

Between him, Werkwerk, and a few others, 10-20 people a day get free mats to craft packs for themselves on the Eastern continent, ferry them to the west, and let them turn it in for ~20 gold profit in under 30 minutes.

I play for hours each day, and I don't care who he is, funneling resources to any one person is stupid as gently caress as has been proven only like 10 times previously

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I play for hours each day, and I don't care who he is, funneling resources to any one person is stupid as gently caress as has been proven only like 10 times previously

Good thing we have no resources to funnel then, isn't it?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Good thing we have no resources to funnel then, isn't it?

apparently we have something because lord knows goons are desperate to give all their stuff to someone else (once again)

like just make a google doc or something, is it really that hard to keep control of your virtual possessions

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This is all a plot to get Balista to quit the guild by usurpers.

Trust no one. :tinfoil:

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure that was a joke post, and you can see Balista's response.

(And he already has a merchant ship, a junk and a townhouse. He doesn't want or need any funneling)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Anarkii posted:

I'm pretty sure that was a joke post, and you can see Balista's response.

Yeah it was pretty obvious, really. Anyone who couldn't tell it was sarcasm needs a checkup.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I do hope that we get some good screen caps of the manifest destiny.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah it was pretty obvious, really. Anyone who couldn't tell it was sarcasm needs a checkup.

really, considering all the retarded things goons have done in the last week or so, is this a thing you are confident in saying

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I'm not in GS but why don't you guys just do a weekly membership tax or something? All members pay 50 gold a week or equivalent in raw materials to a slush fund and then keep the difference for themselves.

My guild funnels all their money to me and it works fine but we're only ~12 people and have know each other for a while; I don't think this stuffs viable with a large amount of people b/c this kind of stuff takes trust and if the trust isn't there poo poo falls apart fast. Expecting people to give their time and elf gold to someone they don't have a relationship with past "They also payed 10$" seems like a great way to build resentment.

idk just free styling over here.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Digital Fingers posted:

I'm not in GS but why don't you guys just do a weekly membership tax or something? All members pay 50 gold a week or equivalent in raw materials to a slush fund and then keep the difference for themselves.

My guild funnels all their money to me and it works fine but we're only ~12 people and have know each other for a while; I don't think this stuffs viable with a large amount of people b/c this kind of stuff takes trust and if the trust isn't there poo poo falls apart fast. Expecting people to give their time and elf gold to someone they don't have a relationship with past "They also payed 10$" seems like a great way to build resentment.

We don't really do anything strategically anymore, and what we do as a guild now has a major focus on having fun and personal profit, the other way of trying hard was bad and lead to a lot of people getting hurt feelings.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Digital Fingers posted:

You answered your own question. Also the other guild that does this is Wicked. Then suddenly Krogger's E-GF has a brand new set of gear and weapons. ~magic~

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Digital Fingers posted:

Because that's some pubbie poo poo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Everyone should just remake the alliances with the pubbie guilds and then get some of their stuff and fraps a video of those materials being dumped/destroyed/vendored like a hosed up Boston tea Party and post the video all over publicly

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Does the suspected player debuff tick down while you are offline? Some jagoff hit me with one while i was standing around afk and I forgot to remove it before I logged off last night, and now the server is down for update.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

apseudonym posted:

Because that's some pubbie poo poo

Goons are just pubbies who gave lowtax 10$. We're not masons or blood brothers or w/e and Games and LP is the biggest source of new members for the forums.

My post was pointed at anyone in GS who still thinks goon communism is workable after all the goonfucking and splintering that has gone on. If you wanted that poo poo to work it would have had to have been a tax because even if a goon took the treasury and high tailed it it would have been a pretty small percentage of what you guys are able to bring in.

Kimsemus' plan of not giving a gently caress and just playing to have fun and make people mad is the only realistic plan you can have when it comes to coordinating with goons.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Lots of people don't seem to realize that the reason goons are 'so much better' than pubbies in most of these games is that goons usually communicate and work together to a certain extent.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
funnel everything into my gapin maw

those who do not give me their complete obedience will be labeled as goon fuckers and promptly banned from star citizen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hy_C posted:

You answered your own question. Also the other guild that does this is Wicked. Then suddenly Krogger's E-GF has a brand new set of gear and weapons. ~magic~

also he can't bid on a castle siege at the same time

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

plehsistential posted:

funnel everything into my gapin maw

those who do not give me their complete obedience will be labeled as goon fuckers and promptly banned from star citizen

Lol

• Locked thread