Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

It was ages ago but I'm still really curious to figure out why I bought that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawning Horror
Jun 18, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

I believe the reg day of 9/11 could be purchased for a while.

It still dates their account as being pretty old though, I don't think it's been offered for years.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
:patriot:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

There was a long stretch of time where powers was a real douche. A lot of people didn't like him. Kaleb thought he could wormtongue his way with getting powers fired from all things relevent in goonfleet. Failed miserably at it. Luckily powers has chilled out too and isn't much of a doucher anymore.

Must have been before my time, he was always fairly easy to get along with when I interacted with him.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
He has an 07 reg date, go to his profile and change the last digit of his url +- 1.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

He has an 07 reg date, go to his profile and change the last digit of his url +- 1.
Oh, sweet. I've been wondering when I joined for a long time now.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

You should definitely include a lot of 07s in your application. PM it directly to vyst.

More seriously, you can join any goon guild if you can behave like a functional human being. Including goons in space tribes.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Anias posted:

You should definitely include a lot of 07s in your application. PM it directly to vyst.

More seriously, you can join any goon guild if you can behave like a functional human being. Including goons in space tribes.

Starfleet Dental only accepts eleite gamers with mountain dew and doritos on subscriptoin from amazon.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Angry Fish posted:

Starfleet Dental only accepts eleite gamers with mountain dew and doritos on subscriptoin from amazon.

Too bad I only order Surge from Amazon since they started making it again :(

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Angry Fish posted:

I prefer water and salad, would that be OK too?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

I prefer water and salad, would that be OK too?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Swolesquad Saladsquad.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Anias posted:

It's incredibly easy to get in if you have some patience and the ability/willingness to read and do a little background research first (AKA read the OP). The bar is set extremely low, yet so many still fail to clear it. Which makes all the J4G posts in the thread so entertaining in that special E/N way.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Why did I receive 3.65mil isk by a "GM Cash Transfer"?

I haven't logged in to do anything in like 4 days.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Pap reward thingy?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Cannon_Fodder posted:

A bunch of items were removed or consolidated as part of the patch. Mostly related to invention and data site exploration.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
My personal struggle:

quote:

I'm not resubbing I really am not oh...oh....t..that empty space on the sov map looks so nice, and look at that new notifications UI! -- they increased blackop jump range?! Wow, CCP does care!

Wait n-no! No!

The cloak animation change is drawing me back? Am i THAT shallow?! No! Content is not real! It is a trick. I'm going back to killing babies in CK2, OH gently caress WHERE'S THE ASSASSINATE BUTTON?!

:aaa: stay cool stay cool, eve is still bad. Don't resub... Yes...*the 'ppsssssssst' sound of a computer-controlled MMO-methadone injection quiets the room, as our protagonist drifts to sleep*

Beanage
Oct 17, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

They took items from you and replaced them with isk.

Beanage fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 4, 2014

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Beanage posted:

They took items from you and replaced them with isk.

That's cruel

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

vyst posted:

There was a long stretch of time where powers was a real douche. A lot of people didn't like him. Kaleb thought he could wormtongue his way with getting powers fired from all things relevent in goonfleet. Failed miserably at it. Luckily powers has chilled out too and isn't much of a doucher anymore.

I am not acting any different than I was back then.

quote:

(12:28:12 PM) tiberizzle: hey powers_sa
(12:28:16 PM) tiberizzle: your friend kaleb is back in?
(12:28:18 PM) tiberizzle: whats up with that
(12:36:24 PM) tiberizzle: why the gently caress is a manipulative goonfucking ****** turd being pulled from the shitbox and placed back on the shelf
(12:39:31 PM) tiberizzle: thats a lot of drama tbh
(12:39:42 PM) powers_sa: im not worried about it
(12:39:42 PM) tiberizzle: how did you get so many people mad at you
(12:39:51 PM) powers_sa: i make a lot of people mad
(12:39:54 PM) powers_sa: i'm pretty polarizing
(12:39:57 PM) powers_sa: you either like me
(12:40:00 PM) powers_sa: or you really don't like me

I'm over it. If I catch kaleb trying to include me in any drama moving forward, I might get mad, but it is what it is.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Skex posted:

It's incredibly easy to get in if you have some patience and the ability/willingness to read and do a little background research first (AKA read the OP). The bar is set extremely low, yet so many still fail to clear it. Which makes all the J4G posts in the thread so entertaining in that special E/N way.
That makes sense. Cool, I think I can read and follow simple instructions, so I'll give it a shot.

Are there any decent descriptions of what corps are active, or possibly which one might be best for me? The OP's description of GROON sounds appealing but I'm not sure how up to date that is or if there's something smaller that might fit my playstyle a bit more.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

oversteps posted:

That makes sense. Cool, I think I can read and follow simple instructions, so I'll give it a shot.

Are there any decent descriptions of what corps are active, or possibly which one might be best for me? The OP's description of GROON sounds appealing but I'm not sure how up to date that is or if there's something smaller that might fit my playstyle a bit more.

Well, that would depend on your timezone. If you're EU, GROON probably wouldn't be as good of a fit - they're heavily US based. The level of activity in GSF is obviously going to be a lot higher all round, so there's that to consider as well.

Phoebe is shaking things up a little, so there's gonna be lots of opportunities for fights regardless of the corp you pick. If you want better SRP and more active community, pick Goonwaffe.

Margaret Thatcher fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 4, 2014

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

oversteps posted:

In GoonWaffe, you can do what the hell you want, just go apply, reread OP again and have fun.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

oversteps posted:

Goonwaffe is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Goonwaffe you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the corp motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Distracted
Jun 9, 2010

powers posted:

I'm over it. If I catch kaleb trying to include me in any drama moving forward, I might get mad, but it is what it is.

It's ok powers, I still love you & can totally relate.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

powers posted:

I hate you powers and I will pool together all of my resources to dethrone you from... doing the work that most goons are too lazy to do.

Also I have no resources.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
My honor was also impugned in Kaleb and Courthouse's little scheme, but I didn't even bother to bring it up when I saw Kaleb in Vegas. gently caress it, alliance doesn't exist anymore anyway.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Kesper North posted:

My honor was also impugned in Kaleb and Courthouse's little scheme, but I didn't even bother to bring it up when I saw Kaleb in Vegas. gently caress it, alliance doesn't exist anymore anyway.

As someone who can't read the GSF forum at the moment. Can you give me the short version on this Kaleb guy?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zephyrine posted:

As someone who can't read the GSF forum at the moment. Can you give me the short version on this Kaleb guy?

Submitted concocted evidence to falsely implicate Powers as a spy.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

CommonShore posted:

Money makes you crazy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CommonShore posted:

Also implied that GENTS was somehow involved and conspiring to go :fuckgoons:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
It seems like not a good idea to let a goonfucker of that level back into the corp, as it benefits no one except the people he bought EVE Vegas hotel suites for. I'm no diplo expert though vOv

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Narciss posted:

It seems like not a good idea to let a goonfucker of that level back into the corp, as it benefits no one except the people he bought EVE Vegas hotel suites for. I'm no diplo expert though vOv

I would think you of all people would know that Goonfleet is just a way to line Mittani's pockets. This is just a natural extension of his RMT empire.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kesper North posted:

Also implied that GENTS was somehow involved and conspiring to go :fuckgoons:

Nobody could possibly believe that would actually happen, as it would require GENTS to actually make a decision (that doesn't include Fedoras or very poorly named fleet doctrines).

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Margaret Thatcher posted:

Well, that would depend on your timezone. If you're EU, GROON probably wouldn't be as good of a fit - they're heavily US based.

This is true. I am USbased, but mainly online during EU timezone and I'm almost always alone. And it seems to be worse now that Groon is a FW alliance.

EDIT: that said, I have basically no time to play until the beginning of the year anyway, so I'm just skill queueing it anyway.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Xolve posted:

Nobody could possibly believe that would actually happen, as it would require GENTS to actually make a decision (that doesn't include Fedoras or very poorly named fleet doctrines).

I will have you know that we had very strong feelings about the Vale jump bridge network :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CO2 just lost a Carrier gate camp to TRI.

http://triumvirate-alliance.net/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=54977

At least they weren't the first to lose it in lowsec after the changes today :unsmith:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol ishtars

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Why are CO2 so desperate to supplant SMA as the special needs alliance of the CFC, I don't get it. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kesper North posted:

I will have you know that we had very strong feelings about the Vale jump bridge network :colbert:

I really hated your space. And that whole TEST invasion of a year ago was the dampest squib ever. I blame you.

• Locked thread