Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Any way to replace the music tracks yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Color Printer posted:

Hmm yes a game that doesn't run under circumstances, a somewhat common problem for first time releases, is more buggy than a lovely loving flash game riddled with bugs and holes

BoI could run on my PC, and never crashed. BoI:R will not even start. I think BoI is the clear winner here.

EDIT: I'd rather have a fun buggy game with some weird item interactions and flash slowdown than a functionally useless piece of software.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 4, 2014

volcultsmer
Dec 18, 2004
I ated the purple berries
Quad shot plus brimstone is AMAZING. Long charge up though!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Motherfucker. I had a really good run going with Quad Shot and the Habit and a Deck of Cards and then it crashed when I went into the arcade.

EDIT: thankfully it restarted me from the beginning of Depths II when I selected Continue. Niiice.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 4, 2014

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Controllers seem bugged to gently caress. In the menus, the prompt on the bottom right keeps switching between telling me to press A to select, and to press space. And what button does what seems a bit weird as well. I was pressing B to back out of the options screen, and it was toggling fullscreen mode as if I was pressing A.

I thought it was going to have actual analogue stick support as well? I wasn't expecting it to still be 8 way with no speed control. I don't really mind that though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I unlocked Lazarus through the magic of not paying attention and just grabbing everything.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
p.s. is hard the 'default' difficulty settings? That's what it seemed to pre-select for me when I did my first run, but I don't know if I nudged a button or something.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Yea loving it except for the lack of mouse support (what?).

Also just the menus are blurry as poo poo, even if I re-size my window. Would like a little more UI transparency, there's an option for map transparency but not the entire UI. Small quibbles for such a good game tho.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Monstro's Lung + a bunch of damage up = Death to everything

So I got Azazel and Lazarus. Azazel has already been spoiled, the black hearts/sin hearts blow up the room like the Death book when used. Lazarus is just a dude with an extra life and starts with a pill but nothing else

I already got Basement Boy but didn't get Samson or Eve for some reason despite meeting the criteria.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

First run, first Mom kill. Had thr Bible but didn't use it. Unlocked Cain, someone other and lots of stuff. Found the oracle machine and it told me I'm playing the game wrong (with keyboard). :getin:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
One tear upgrade is like the LV3 bubble gun from Cave Story, except it's not a Cave Story reference for some reason ? Nicalis is developing this right ?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Beat mom, no progress saved. Wtf?!

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
woo beat mom.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jibo posted:

Was Monstro's Lung kind of buggy for you too? It felt like it was resetting the charge halfway through a lot to me.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

jivjov posted:

BoI could run on my PC, and never crashed. BoI:R will not even start. I think BoI is the clear winner here.

EDIT: I'd rather have a fun buggy game with some weird item interactions and flash slowdown than a functionally useless piece of software.

Game works perfectly for me, suck it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Heads up, Azazel is bugged so that his black hearts count as soul hearts. If you pick up a single soul heart while playing as Azazel you instantly unlock Lazarus. :haw:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I beat Mom. But then the game crashed and my entire save went ker-plooey. I had just unlocked Cain too. Motherfucker.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

I beat mom on my first Isaac run. I got a shitload of red hearts and unlocked Maggie, so I used her on the next run. Got anti-gravity tears, which makes it crazy hard to hit stuff. Later I learned that anti-gravity tears + brimstone creates a brimstone vortex that stays on the screen for a second before it fires a brimstone beam. Good fun, but it made some fights very difficult. Didn't make it to mom.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jibo posted:

So I got Azazel and Lazarus. Azazel has already been spoiled, the black hearts/sin hearts blow up the room like the Death book when used. Lazarus is just a dude with an extra life and starts with a pill but nothing else

I already got Basement Boy but didn't get Samson or Eve for some reason despite meeting the criteria.

I actually think Lazarus gets reduced to 1 heart and gets some sort of buff after first death. I know for sure he gets move speed, at least. Possibly tears up too.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Heads up, Azazel is bugged so that his black hearts count as soul hearts. If you pick up a single soul heart while playing as Azazel you instantly unlock Lazarus. :haw:

I think it works as intended, when Edmund spoiled them he said they were an alt to soul hearts.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Jesus this game is amazing, this is everything I hoped for when I spent about 6734 hours playing the original. Just having a 60fps refresh is incredible, let alone all the other content!

Anyway I'll be back in about a million years once I can manage to stop playing again.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

legendsuper posted:

One tear upgrade is like the LV3 bubble gun from Cave Story

Beat mom with that, a fear upgrade (Mom's Perfume) that wasn't that useful at all (except against the fly-infested guys, it makes them go really fast because they already try to flee you, pretty funny), a bunch of already known devil contracts (except brimstone boy) and some damage to top it off.

What I'm saying is get it, now, what are you waiting for

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow, Azazel is bugged in TWO ways. His black hearts don't count as regular hearts OR soul hearts, meaning getting hit doesn't take away from the X Boy achievements. I just got Basement Boy as Azazel even though I got hit like 3 times.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I found x-ray vision and walked into a secret room that bordered some room that had two locks on the door. The floor of the room was a giant D6 on the number 3 and it re-rolled every heart/pill/etc on the floor.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Mackers posted:

Ok, I didn't know about this and it's a major deal-breaker.

Yeah, there's literally nothing mentioned about a lack of mouse support and, like a fool, I assumed that they'd be capable of at least matching the controls from a game made with Flash.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jivjov posted:

you need to calm down. i am sure it will be fixed. right now you're being petulant and unreasonable. sometimes bugs happen but it shall be fixed without this level of hyperbole.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

CJacobs posted:

Wow, Azazel is bugged in TWO ways. His black hearts don't count as regular hearts OR soul hearts, meaning getting hit doesn't take away from the X Boy achievements. I just got Basement Boy as Azazel even though I got hit like 3 times.

Quick, get Dark Boy before it's too late!

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
In my first playthru I unlocked azazel and lazarus and beat mom. There's a demon-beggar counterpart to the little beggar follower that trades red hearts on the floor for soul hearts at a 1:1 rate and sealed the whole run for me! This game is good as hell.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
I've just had a look at the Steam forum. Did they do any QA at all do you think? Hilarious.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Had a decent run end by not paying attention to the fact I only had 1 heart and walked into a blood donation machine.

On the plus side, first iron man achievement in the bag.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Another heads up, this time a change from the original: In the original BoI, finding a health up pill as a character with no hearts (???, any character you reduce to 0 hearts) would just give them a soul heart. In this game it gives an empty full heart.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

drunken officeparty posted:

Was Monstro's Lung kind of buggy for you too? It felt like it was resetting the charge halfway through a lot to me.

I did not experience this, no.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I actually think Lazarus gets reduced to 1 heart and gets some sort of buff after first death. I know for sure he gets move speed, at least. Possibly tears up too.

Yeah I just came back to post this because I died. :v: He also respawns instantly doing exactly what he was doing instead of getting booted to the previous room.

E:

CJacobs posted:

Another heads up, this time a change from the original: In the original BoI, finding a health up pill as a character with no hearts (???, any character you reduce to 0 hearts) would just give them a soul heart. In this game it gives an empty full heart.

Holy poo poo, I wonder if this is a bug.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I have the maturity of a 10-year-old, but damned if picking up the new Butt Penny trinket and walking into a bunch of coins dropped from a chest or something isn't hilarious.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 4, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Holy poo poo the Waka Waka challenge is a trip. Your tears don't move until there's a certain amount on the screen or you let go of the fire button. While they're not moving your tears are super strong magnets that pull in even enemies. You can slingshot an enemy across the room with careful placement.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Error Room is back.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Beat Mom on the first try. Also found a trinket that keeps you from picking up red hearts ahh.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mom's Heart is loving nuts. If this is the basic final boss I can't wait to see all the ones coming up after it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Man Mom's Heart is no joke now. Bullet hell combined with constant spawns. Was doing ok but not having any damage bonuses really hurt and eventually took too many hits and died.

/\/\ haha yuuup

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Azazel + Guppy + the non-guppy cat head that I forgot the name of just killed The Forsaken instantly, both forms :stare:

ActionZero posted:

Holy poo poo the Waka Waka challenge is a trip. Your tears don't move until there's a certain amount on the screen or you let go of the fire button. While they're not moving your tears are super strong magnets that pull in even enemies. You can slingshot an enemy across the room with careful placement.

I've got that item on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Anyone find out what the key donation machines pay out? I imagine the reward has to be amazing for that high of a cost