Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Final Boss kinda bullshit.

Why the gently caress do the chains respawn after you kill them all are you serious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Count Bleck posted:

Final Boss kinda bullshit.

Why the gently caress do the chains respawn after you kill them all are you serious?

Once you break the box the chain comes out of, it won't be revived. Still really dumb and bad w/ the AI.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Is there any way to see where particular field resources can be found?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gato posted:

Is there any way to see where particular field resources can be found?

When you're browsing missions, hit Select and flick through them and it'll show you what can be on the field in each mission. You can also buy some in the Fuelling Station, but generally just the low-rarity ones.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

kirbysuperstar posted:

When you're browsing missions, hit Select and flick through them and it'll show you what can be on the field in each mission. You can also buy some in the Fuelling Station, but generally just the low-rarity ones.

You still have to remember what materials you need to craft something, though? I wish the game had some sort of "this resource is used for the following:" description.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
That is one thing that most MH type games do poorly compared to real Monster Hunter, creating a memorable link between the materials you collect and the equipment you can craft from it. Tigrex parts are obviously needed to make Tigrex armour, but here what's the connection between an SMG and processed graphite-(low quality)?

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014
Holy crap gently caress mission 8-1, finished it with 20 seconds left on the clock. I shouted "Oh god no!" when the electric-resistant biped went down in the crossfire and I got a message notifying me that reinforcements were arriving and another electric one showed up to try and ruin my day.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Penis Vanguard posted:

What are the "CODE x Sinner Log" entitlements that become available post-game? They sound like extra plot booklets or something but that seems kind of a hefty price for the points they cost. I gotta save up for that Percy hat, man.

They allow you to rewatch cutscenes via the audiovisual library.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So is there a drop table yet? I'm willing to sit down and carve Abductors until my face goes blue for those late bloomer weapons but god drat gimme a break.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Yeah, it feels like a crapshoot trying to go back and farm materials. I mean, I can look at the list of ranking items but if I'm out of common stuff, I have to make leaps of faith.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DLC is now available in North America, check the PSN web store. It's not fully updated but so far I've found

Weapon Pack A ($1.49)
Citizen Pack D ($0.99)
Bonus Pack DLC (Free)
Combat Item Pack A (Free)
Combat Item Pack C (Free)
Female Hairstyle Pack A (Free)
Male Hairstyle Pack A (Free)
Warren Colors (Free)

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

The Muffinlord posted:

Yeah, it feels like a crapshoot trying to go back and farm materials. I mean, I can look at the list of ranking items but if I'm out of common stuff, I have to make leaps of faith.

I agree, this is quite annoying.

In particular I currently need a ton of Synthetic Generator: All-Purpose Mk2 but I'm not sure how to get them.
I looked around a bit and it seems I need to kill All-Purpose Abductors Mk2 so I've been doing mission 4-3, 4-6 and 4-7 but so far I haven't seen any synthetic generators drop.
Am I doing something wrong or is there maybe a better way?

This is especially frustrating because I'm feeling I need some more firepower to advance in the story (currently at the Cell garden solo mission during code 6).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

those random part name things seem to mostly come from abductor parts you blow apart and pick up so make sure you're taking them apart as much as possible before they die

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I just really want to build up a couple cool guns and see if they're any good. I'm also code six, coincidentally. Now that I'm seeing all the neat energy weapons, I want to play around with them.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Awesome! posted:

those random part name things seem to mostly come from abductor parts you blow apart and pick up so make sure you're taking them apart as much as possible before they die

What weapons are you using?
I'm currently wielding an upgraded Barbara Easy Blaster P and an EZ Schwarzfalke II but I'm thinking of trying out some of the heavier weapons.
Are they any better at breaking parts?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

scissorman posted:

What weapons are you using?
I'm currently wielding an upgraded Barbara Easy Blaster P and an EZ Schwarzfalke II but I'm thinking of trying out some of the heavier weapons.
Are they any better at breaking parts?

You can't do a sever with heavy weapons but you can buy a Flare Knife from Zakka and use that to sever instead.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can't do a sever with heavy weapons but you can buy a Flare Knife from Zakka and use that to sever instead.

My current sword is actually quite good at severing but I'm not sure it's always the best approach.
Severing some of the more difficult parts seems to take forever and while you're doing it, you're pretty much a sitting duck when fighting more than one enemy at once.
Additionally I find that the camera doesn't do so well in close quarters, which makes it even harder to dodge attacks.

So I'd like to know if the heavier/ranged weapons are better at breaking parts, which would allow me to up my survivability.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
From what I hear the flare knife isn't as good as a dedicated part severing weapon. Don't forget that you can also destroy parts with weapons fire, though it's harder to tell exactly how much you need.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Apparently the Japanese swear by the shotgun (Barbara's Easy Blaster), and after messing around with a somewhat upgraded Rarity 4 one I can definitely see its terrifying potential. Like I saw a video of a guy with a souped up one plus augments killing the final boss in 49 seconds the other day and my jaw kinda dropped.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

scissorman posted:

My current sword is actually quite good at severing but I'm not sure it's always the best approach.
Severing some of the more difficult parts seems to take forever and while you're doing it, you're pretty much a sitting duck when fighting more than one enemy at once.
Additionally I find that the camera doesn't do so well in close quarters, which makes it even harder to dodge attacks.

So I'd like to know if the heavier/ranged weapons are better at breaking parts, which would allow me to up my survivability.

I'd say stick with the Barbara for ranged because that thing blows parts off really quickly and is super good. I use the Damascus (upgraded to Azoth) for when I'm actually attempting to cut off parts by hopping on the abductors, and while it's often a pain in the rear end to do it with multiple enemies in an area, I can't really imagine using a heavy weapon being any easier.

Policenaut posted:

Apparently the Japanese swear by the shotgun (Barbara's Easy Blaster), and after messing around with a somewhat upgraded Rarity 4 one I can definitely see its terrifying potential. Like I saw a video of a guy with a souped up one plus augments killing the final boss in 49 seconds the other day and my jaw kinda dropped.

Yeah I got a late bloomer Barbara going on and I absolutely destroy the Peltatum with it.

The Muffinlord posted:

From what I hear the flare knife isn't as good as a dedicated part severing weapon. Don't forget that you can also destroy parts with weapons fire, though it's harder to tell exactly how much you need.

From info I found on gamefaqs

"Ea's Knife (635 power), 13.598 seconds
EZ Falke II (420 power)- 18.159 seconds
Murasame Mk 9 (313 power)- 21.395 seconds
Murasame Mk 9 (155 power), 31.791 seconds

Flare Knife: 23.614 seconds
Flare Knife: 23.625 seconds
(I did two trials with the Flare Knife)"

Penis Vanguard fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 4, 2014

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Policenaut posted:

Oh I agree (I'm using one myself), it's quite nice.
Only problems are the low amount of ammo you can carry and of course that to upgrade it I currently need, you guessed it, 2 Synthetic Generators Mk2 :argh:.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Penis Vanguard posted:

From info I found on gamefaqs

"Ea's Knife (635 power), 13.598 seconds
EZ Falke II (420 power)- 18.159 seconds
Murasame Mk 9 (313 power)- 21.395 seconds
Murasame Mk 9 (155 power), 31.791 seconds

Flare Knife: 23.614 seconds
Flare Knife: 23.625 seconds
(I did two trials with the Flare Knife)"

That's good stuff to know. I wonder if the mura mk 12 is still that slow; I might have to switch it up. I pretty much only use the thing to sever or if I'm really hosed and can't get away.

Edit: I tried the Barbara and it's really strong but I don't like the way it "fakes" being a shotgun by spraying a five clip round all at once. That seems like a really weird decision when they could have just put in a proper hitscan cone.

The Muffinlord fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 4, 2014

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Ahaha just tried a Code 8 mission. :suicide:

3 gently caress off abductors. Kill them 3 more super powerful ones show up. Kill one of those and a 4th shows up. so a total of 7 in 45 minutes. It. It did not go well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
If you haven't tried severing the turret on top of the artillery abductors when it does the spinning attack then I suggest you do that now.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Cless Alvein posted:

Ahaha just tried a Code 8 mission. :suicide:

3 gently caress off abductors. Kill them 3 more super powerful ones show up. Kill one of those and a 4th shows up. so a total of 7 in 45 minutes. It. It did not go well.
The trick to that mission is it only requires you to kill the heat-resistant and cold-resistant abductors. Killing the electric one is optional, and doing so will spawn in replacement electric ones. It's also infuriating trying to do that mission solo because the electric one loves to grapple your accessory and shove it into its chest.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Teslavi posted:

The trick to that mission is it only requires you to kill the heat-resistant and cold-resistant abductors. Killing the electric one is optional, and doing so will spawn in replacement electric ones. It's also infuriating trying to do that mission solo because the electric one loves to grapple your accessory and shove it into its chest.

Abductors love your accessory in general. I was doing some mission with two Ramosas and my accessory would get caught in ones mouth, be dragged to the other side of the map, die. I'd revive it and it would happen immediately again 3 times in a row before the Ramosa finally put her in it's pod and I just said "gently caress it" and gave up on her.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Teslavi posted:

Ahah I totally missed that.

Have we got a list of which weapon is best at what besides Barbara's being the gun of choice.

I just want to make the best short little pop off parts sword I can. :( I'm sure it is probably somewhere on Gamefaqs if I could wade through that cesspool.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I use a chainsaw sword because the idea of latching onto robot spiders and screaming as I carve their web spinners off is cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I go by cool looks, so I like Caliburn and Hyuga Mk3.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Cless Alvein posted:

Ahah I totally missed that.

Have we got a list of which weapon is best at what besides Barbara's being the gun of choice.

I just want to make the best short little pop off parts sword I can. :( I'm sure it is probably somewhere on Gamefaqs if I could wade through that cesspool.

I've been using the Damascus and I think it's doing well enough. Not sure if it's the best or whatever though, I frequently see topics on the Damascus on gamefaqs though.

Speaking of weapons, has anyone tried out the health leech weapons? Is the health regen good enough to justify the much lower attack power?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i appreciate some free customization dlc but the weapon and item packs are laughable unless you're still in your first hour of the game. not even going to bother cluttering up my dl list further with them.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

gently caress that code 7 exam. It only took two tries but it was the single most unpleasant time I've had in the game so far. A gaggle of stunlocking adds that she runs around reviving if you go down. If there's an evil ending to this game I'm picking it now (I know there isn't)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh hey, the factory timers will keep running when the game is minimized. I can do all my upgrades at work!

Until I run out of whatever random bullshit it wants.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

Improbable Lobster posted:

If you haven't tried severing the turret on top of the artillery abductors when it does the spinning attack then I suggest you do that now.

I do that all the time and it is still hilarious. Thank you Freedom Wars, it's the little things that get you through tough missions.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

RentACop posted:

gently caress that code 7 exam. It only took two tries but it was the single most unpleasant time I've had in the game so far. A gaggle of stunlocking adds that she runs around reviving if you go down. If there's an evil ending to this game I'm picking it now (I know there isn't)

I actually barely manage to beat that Exam myself on my first try. I was literally on my last life and I almost hosed up. I also had to exploit her AI to win but as bullshit as that exam gets, I personally still kinda enjoyed it. Guess I'm a masochist.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I lucked out on CODE 7 insanely hard when the bullshit part happened, I tried escaping through the narrow central corridor and the whole gang of enemies followed me inside so I turned around and lit them all up, killing them all in seconds.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Does severing parts deal damage or reduce the Abductor's lifebar? I still do it even if I don't have to because it's just insanely fun.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

Does severing parts deal damage or reduce the Abductor's lifebar? I still do it even if I don't have to because it's just insanely fun.

I believe so, severing the head off certainly does a poo poo ton of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Sever everything you can get away with even if it doesn't result in a huge drop in health because every weapon you sever off is one less that's going to ignore every loving mook in the stage but you and your accessory.

• Locked thread