Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Luceid posted:

why not just wait until it gets patched instead of burning your one guaranteed steam refund on a bug that doesn't affect everyone and will likely be fixed in 24 hours? calm the gently caress down you big baby

Do we even have an official stance on the "you only ever get one refund" thing? I've seen the "one-time customer service gesture" thing, but I read that more as 'it is not a guarantee' more than 'You only ever get one'. If you do only truly get a single refund ever, then that is unbelievable horseshit and would actually put me off using Steam forever. Why penalize consumers for developers putting out a completely non-functional product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Hey uhhhh when I start my game I only see a white screen after the intro movie... Help?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Fossilized Poop makes poop almost always drop an item, it's pretty great.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

lordfrikk posted:

loving Marowaks! :argh:

I kept having my shield from that one rune activate just so I can take on a room full of them. They're pretty nasty.

dude789 posted:

The brimstone wall spiders in the Womb are perhaps the worst new enemy in the game.

It may just be me, but I swear the timing of their attacks are so awkward. It's bad enough I run into a room and they suddenly blast me, but when I try to take them out, they just go back and forth awkwardly and then I run into another of their attacks.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I lost my save progress. Has anyone else had this problem?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jivjov posted:

Do we even have an official stance on the "you only ever get one refund" thing? I've seen the "one-time customer service gesture" thing, but I read that more as 'it is not a guarantee' more than 'You only ever get one'. If you do only truly get a single refund ever, then that is unbelievable horseshit and would actually put me off using Steam forever. Why penalize consumers for developers putting out a completely non-functional product?

steam are very generous when it comes to a product that does not work for the very near majority of consumers. The War Z springs to mind.

In this case, your bug is currently the only one in this thread being reported/experienced, and I am sure it will be fixed.

complaining about digital rights resale on the PC after at least a decade of steam is crazy to me.

volcultsmer
Dec 18, 2004
I ated the purple berries
If you had asked me this morning if I would ever say "Aaargh! Psychic Rectums!".....

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
I'm sure this has been asked already, but when is the PS+ version coming out?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is there a way to transfer my save file/stats/unlocks over to another computer? I'm going to play this game on my PC and laptop and while I don't mind having two separate games going I'd rather just have one big file to make unlocking stuff faster/easier. I'm ok with having to copy stuff over every time, but I can't find any obvious SavedGame1.file anywhere and Steam doesn't seem to want to sync anything.

e: Nvm found it. There was just nothing in documents because I was checking on my PC where I haven't actually played yet, and thus haven't created the save files that are there on my laptop. Problem hopefully solved.

VDay fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 4, 2014

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Loot posted:

I kept having my shield from that one rune activate just so I can take on a room full of them. They're pretty nasty.

It may just be me, but I swear the timing of their attacks are so awkward. It's bad enough I run into a room and they suddenly blast me, but when I try to take them out, they just go back and forth awkwardly and then I run into another of their attacks.

It would also help if they had something that made them stand out a lot more from the other spiders because their attack comes out so fast and it can be hard to tell what spider type they are at a first glance.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

CrusherEAGLE posted:

I'm sure this has been asked already, but when is the PS+ version coming out?

About 25 minutes ago.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The sacred heart + technology 2 yields some hilariously OP results

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

chippy posted:

Incidentally, if you choose hard, when you actually start the game, it flips back to normal just as the screen fades out. I don't know if it's resetting the actual difficulty, or if it's just a visual thing, but it's a bit odd.

Huh. If you choose normal, it flips to hard as it fades. I wonder if everyone's playing on a different difficulty to what they think...

edit: only if you start the game with the pad instead of the keyboard.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

chippy posted:

You sure about this? I'm pretty sure my copy defaulted to hard.

Incidentally, if you choose hard, when you actually start the game, it flips back to normal just as the screen fades out. I don't know if it's resetting the actual difficulty, or if it's just a visual thing, but it's a bit odd.

e: Hard. Mine defaulted to hard.

Mine defaulted to Normal, and Edmund was making a pretty big deal about how different/difficult Hard mode is on that stream yesterday. Not sure what happened on yours, but I don't think that's intentional.

e: You can tell if it's actually on Hard mode if there's a blood splatter in the corner of the pause menu and a pentacle appears below the UI in-game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

VideoGames posted:

steam are very generous when it comes to a product that does not work for the very near majority of consumers. The War Z springs to mind.

In this case, your bug is currently the only one in this thread being reported/experienced, and I am sure it will be fixed.

complaining about digital rights resale on the PC after at least a decade of steam is crazy to me.

If you pop your head into the old BoI thread, someone else just posted that they can't get Rebirth to load either. So despite your assertion, this issue is not unique to me.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Kaethela posted:

Mine defaulted to Normal, and Edmund was making a pretty big deal about how different/difficult Hard mode is on that stream yesterday. Not sure what happened on yours, but I don't think that's intentional.

I think it's to do to what I mentioned above - if you start the game by pressing A on an Xbox pad, it flips the difficulty as it fades out. I must have noticed I was on hard just as it faded out the first time. IF you start the game with a keyboard, it doesn't happen.

e: Pressing right trigger doesn't do it either. The controller 'support' is mental.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm on run like 6 of the day and only beat Moms foot twice :saddowns:. I never get anything broken.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

chippy posted:

I think it's due to what I mentioned above - if you start the game by pressing A on the pad, it flips the difficult as it fades out. I must have noticed I was on hard just as it faded out the first time. IF you start the game with a keyboard, it doesn't happen.

That could be it; I've only played on keyboard so far.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

Comrade Flynn posted:

About 25 minutes ago.

Finally. Thanks!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I used a pair of scissors to sever my own head and my body destroyed the giant blob monstrosity that was the level boss in less than 10 seconds, that's pretty metal.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Man, Are You A Wizard? pills are the worst thing and almost put me off gobbling floorpills entirely.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Why does my game look like this?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Either I've gotten lucky runs or the game is easier. I've got Basement Boy and Spelunker Boy already.

It's so god drat bizarre playing BoI and having it run smooth as silk, even with over a dozen enemies on screen. It's the best, and I look forward to sinking another 200+ hours into this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Someone Awful! posted:

Man, Are You A Wizard? pills are the worst thing and almost put me off gobbling floorpills entirely.

I reset a run because of those pills. gently caress those things.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've been playing on Hard some. Firstly, you'll have like a pentagram icon below your keys and poo poo indicating it's hard mode. Also poo poo hardly ever drops anything in Hard mode. Pride dropped a troll bomb, and I fought approx. one Champion in each room through the basement and only one of them dropped anything.

Also challenges do not work towards progress other than what you get for completing that challenge. Which is pretty dumb because most of them actually gimp you rather than help you.

E: R U A Wizard pills only last for so many shots. If you get one just stand and shoot for a while and it wears off.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Jibo posted:

E: R U A Wizard pills only last for so many shots. If you get one just stand and shoot for a while and it wears off.

Thanks for this. I was having a really hard time killing Gemini with them and I would've restarted otherwise. So many rocks. :(

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, I need a music replacement mod or something, every track in this game is just bland and forgettable. I have no idea why they ditched the old tracks.

Great game otherwise!

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!
Apparently "I Can See Forever" are now pills as well. That's pretty neat.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Mutant spider! Yess!

Brimstone? Why not?

Skipped Mom's Heart entirely due to Joker > Devil Room > floor hatch by accident (don't remember what anything does!) before ghosts killed me in Sheol. However, it was incredible.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This game is hilarious and amazing.

I am so excited to discover more.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
I don't suppose anyone knows of a fix for it not saving progress? Mine was, at first, but I deleted the save after ironing out some teething troubles, and now it's not tracking anything at all.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Basement Boy is definitely bugged, I got it but like others am pretty sure I got hit a couple of times and in any case it should've unlocked Samson I think but didn't. I also beat Mom's Heart just now and unlocked Eden but after doing one Eden run s/he's now locked again. Not sure what "Eden Tokens" are.

The game runs so smoothly, it's a real treat.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Glare Seethe posted:

Basement Boy is definitely bugged, I got it but like others am pretty sure I got hit a couple of times and in any case it should've unlocked Samson I think but didn't. I also beat Mom's Heart just now and unlocked Eden but after doing one Eden run s/he's now locked again. Not sure what "Eden Tokens" are.

You get Eden Tokens for beating the game consecutively.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

What do R U A Wizard pills do? I was munching loads of pills in my last game and other than Amnesia they helped a lot.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The wingman flies blocked 99% of the shots from moms heart, you're the best little buddies ever.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Oh, here I thought I was just super good for getting basement boy on my first run :sigh:

polycephalus + number one + cancer + a couple of other tears ups, it was insane. Even the headless enemies that shoot out towards you couldn't get a hit there was too much knockback :getin:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

13/f/cali posted:

:eyepop:

Brimstone may be the best item in the game now. It's gone from being a good item with a fun playstyle change, to a force multiplier for any other shot upgrades you pick up.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Glare Seethe posted:

To Expand upon VolticSurge, Eden is the randomizer character. She starts with completely randomized stats and 2 random items. She's kind of a reward for playing through the regular characters because she has the potential to start either broken good or broken bad. Beat the game more to be able to play as Eden more.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've killed Satan more than I've killed Mom's Heart (twice). Yeesh.

13/f/cali posted:

Tammy's Head has ironically become one of the best items in the game. Who'da thunk it?
The impenetrable forcefield of death it provides on Azazel is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What does the paper in the top left of the character select screen mean?

For one of my characters it's this, but for everyone else it's blank.