Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is there a reason given for this? Just to set up the movie, I guess?
I guess she thought "You know what, gently caress this" while laying there split in half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Maybe Kakashi will come up with some special exam for him. I mean, the Chuunin Exam is supposed to be taken on teams and, aside from Sasuke, no one else on his team is even that rank anymore.

Maybe he'll be on Kurenai's kid's team.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Geniasis posted:

That's so not even fair though. That would be like pitting a toddler against an aircraft carrier.

I assume it would work out like Killua's second Hunter Exam in Hunter X Hunter.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
They make it to the combat round and get their asses handed to them by some new super prodigies. They're are denied promotion under the grounds of getting curb-stomped by ten year olds.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
I like how over this 700 chapter shitshow Naruto doesn't accomplish his dream. Good writing, "fun" ride, kill me for reading this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thunderbro posted:

I like how over this 700 chapter shitshow Naruto doesn't accomplish his dream. Good writing, "fun" ride, kill me for reading this.

The end of the movie will feature Naruto becoming a teacher at the academy and giving up on his dream. :shepface:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The end of the movie will feature Naruto becoming a teacher at the academy and giving up on his dream. :shepface:

You say that negatively but picturing Naruto being a teacher is actually pretty nice. In accordance with the official Viz translation of the last chapter, it makes me all warm and fuzzy :3:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is there a reason given for this? Just to set up the movie, I guess?

Kishi can't have a woman in any position of authority, so she is removed and replaced with a member of the superior species called "men".

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PiedPiper posted:

That is the best worst ending ever. It is SO disappointing, it's actually genius.

No the best ending would have been if they ended it like 20 chapters when that guy said "Thank you Naruto and Sasuke for saving the world"

Last panel of 690

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Naruto/Naruto-690--Ninja-s------?id=206440

I really wanted it to just end there, it would be some 80/90s videogame poo poo ending.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Conglaturations
You have finsihed a great story and provved the justic
of our culture

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

OMEDETO!!!!*

Translator's note: This means congratulations in Japanese.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Torrannor posted:

Kishi can't have a woman in any position of authority, so she is removed and replaced with a member of the superior species called "men".

Lets ignore that 2 out of the 5 Kage's were women, Kishi doesn't hate women, he just can't write women most characters all that well, literally the only character he's written a good arc for is Shikamaru. Other than that, each character only has the one flaw, and then in their one arc they realize their flaw, and resolves to fix it, or a character just simply has a stereotypical personality trait. and doesn't change at all.

"lol kishimoto hates women" just seems so lazy

Also godfucking damnit Kishimoto, If you don't have a bonus chapter where Naruto just Killua's the poo poo out of the Chunnin exam I'm going to be pissed as poo poo.

That's been the one thing I've been looking forward to since part 2 loving started.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dexo posted:

Lets ignore that 2 out of the 5 Kage's were women, Kishi doesn't hate women, he just can't write women most characters all that well, literally the only character he's written a good arc for is Shikamaru. Other than that, each character only has the one flaw, and then in their one arc they realize their flaw, and resolves to fix it, or a character just simply has a stereotypical personality trait. and doesn't change at all.

"lol kishimoto hates women" just seems so lazy

Also godfucking damnit Kishimoto, If you don't have a bonus chapter where Naruto just Killua's the poo poo out of the Chunnin exam I'm going to be pissed as poo poo.

That's been the one thing I've been looking forward to since part 2 loving started.

He needs to get Hokage first, because that would be all the more funny.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Naruto could just use the shadow clone to split himself into normal Naruto, sage Naruto and Kyuubi Naruto and just do the entire exam himself for extra giggles.

I hope that spoiler ending isn't the actual end, that is some Reborn level "welp, story is over I guess!" poo poo. Plus, just keeping the five Kage, chuunin exam etc ninja system is ultra retarded and goes against the themes of the entire last 6 years of the manga.

If Luffy doesn't actually become Pirate King too, I'll flip my poo poo!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Naruto is still dumb as bricks on paper. Probably gonna fail the written part of the exam.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

Lets ignore that 2 out of the 5 Kages were women

I know this is a shonen manga, but it always amazes me that, out of all of the groups of characters in this series, there's only one that I can recall off the top of my head where there are equal numbers of men and women, that being Team Kurenai.

I can't recall if there are any teams with more women than men.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

hiddenriverninja posted:

Naruto is still dumb as bricks on paper. Probably gonna fail the written part of the exam.

He gets Ibiki again, tries the same trick with the 10th question and it backfires. Naruto can never go higher than a genin.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

hiddenriverninja posted:

This has always really rung false in Kishi's writing to me. Whenever it's convenient he's "dumb" and he didn't listen in school or whatever, trying to make him out to be an underdog. But then all the rest of the time, he's mastering insanely difficult techniques, has a ton of power and wins literally every fight he's in through outsmarting his opponent. Honestly, aside from the Naras and Kakashi he is pretty much the best tactican in the leaf village. It just comes across as lazy and inconsistent characterisation.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I know this is a shonen manga, but it always amazes me that, out of all of the groups of characters in this series, there's only one that I can recall off the top of my head where there are equal numbers of men and women, that being Team Kurenai.

I can't recall if there are any teams with more women than men.

For every buck a male ninja makes, kunoichi earns only 88 cents.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Thunderbro posted:

If Naruto had been done well, Naruto would've realized that he's already acquired everything he thought becoming Hokage would give him (respect, friends, NAKAMA, etc).

KoB
May 1, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

He'll just write FRIENDS:downs: all over it and they'll pass him on pity alone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Prison Warden posted:

This has always really rung false in Kishi's writing to me. Whenever it's convenient he's "dumb" and he didn't listen in school or whatever, trying to make him out to be an underdog. But then all the rest of the time, he's mastering insanely difficult techniques, has a ton of power and wins literally every fight he's in through outsmarting his opponent. Honestly, aside from the Naras and Kakashi he is pretty much the best tactican in the leaf village. It just comes across as lazy and inconsistent characterisation.

Yeah, Naruto is only dumb when the audience needs to have something explained to them. Naruto is book dumb, but is one of the better battle technicians in the leaf.

Like if I wanted something plotted out ahead of time I would go to Shikamaru, in the middle of the Fight Naruto is far better at improvisation.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wish we'd gotten more stuff like Naruto disguising himself as a Fuma Shuriken/Akamaru/a rock. Those was probably some of the smartest things I've seen Naruto do in the series.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

PiedPiper posted:

For every buck a male ninja makes, kunoichi earns only 88 cents.

That's not fair, the male ninja is only left with 12 cents!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That ending doesn't have the callback to Itachi and Sasuke so it's infinitely better even though it's still bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wish we'd gotten more stuff like Naruto disguising himself as a Fuma Shuriken/Akamaru/a rock. Those was probably some of the smartest things I've seen Naruto do in the series.

He has things significantly more useful than those, clones of himself. Like it's not unique like those special events, but almost every single Naruto fight uses distractions and misdirections, via his clones for him to land or at least attempt to land his attacks.

That's something I did like about the series as it went on, Kishimoto rarely stops and felates his characters(Besides Shikamaru) for doing even the slightest tactical move, It's treated more as a normal thing.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Wait a second wasn't Naruto was already given the rank of Chuunin after his test against Kakashi along with Sakura at the start of part 2 or was that a mistranslation.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SirDrone posted:

Wait a second wasn't Naruto was already given the rank of Chuunin after his test against Kakashi along with Sakura at the start of part 2 or was that a mistranslation.

mistranslation. Sakura and the others became chuunin while Naruto was away with Jiraiya.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, Naruto and Sasuke are still Genin while pretty much everyone else is a Chunin.

The exceptions are Neji, Temari, and Kankuro, who are Jounin, and Kazekage Gaara.

You'd think Shikamaru would be a Jounin already, but eh.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Triple Elation posted:

* Naruto and Sasuke's hands are regrown using Hashirama's DNA, the swiss army knife of Ninja science

Actually I think this is more dumb. Everything has been inconsequential for years because of this, honestly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everything has been inconsequential since Pain.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Which makes Neji's death all the more stupid.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You'd think Shikamaru would be a Jounin already, but eh.

I think Temari mentioned he could easily be one if he tried.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Pain is cool but I still dont understand the whole grow a 1st hokage on your body trend that everyone has been into for a while.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Want a chapter with Konohomaru, Naruto, and Sasuke taking the chuunin exam.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mike Gallego posted:

There's apparently an anime special of Konohamaru schooling Naruto in the Chunin Exams.

Then Naruto switches to Sage Mode and gets disqualified for using his overpowered skills. :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mike Gallego posted:

I just got a mental image of Sasuke burning down the entire Forest of Death.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Before the final chapter is posted I just want to be the first to say I've always hated Naruto. Owned lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Before the final chapter is posted I just want to be the first to say I've always hated Naruto. Owned lol

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't been reading the spoilers, I'm waiting for the chapter because I don't want to ruin the crushing disappointment.

• Locked thread