Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

They have mountain recruit disease healers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

garth ferengi posted:

Is there a list of all the new unit IDs yet? I need to update pudmod, I've got a big update in the works that has just been waiting for this patch, I'll be putting up a few games along with it too
Doing this thing.

For EA:

quote:

Zotz etc. (shitloads of their stuff is from Mictlan, everything listed isn't)

EA - Recruitable Commanders

Balab (40-man Commander) - 2674, also #forestrec
Ajaw (80-man Commander) - 2675
Ajaw Kan Ek (120-man Commander) - 2676
Xibalan Scorpion Trainer - 2691
Chilan (it's an LA Caelan Caretaker but a bat guy) - 2678, also #caverec
Ah Nakom (B1H1 bloodhunter) - 2679
Ah K'in (F1H1 100%EDB) - 2677
Ah Itz (D1B1 100%AEDB, Bloodhunter) - 2680
Camazotz (D2B1 100%AEDB, Bloodhunter, Old, StR) - 2681
Ah K'in Kan Ek (F2E1D1H2 100%EDB, Cap-Only, NOT StR) - 2684
Onaqui (D3N1B3H2 110%FDNB, Cap-Only) - 2736 (different paths to Mictlan and summoned Onaqui which is 1360)

EA - (Fort-) Recruitable Units

Xibalban Warrior (Light Lance) - 2668, also #forestrec and #caverec
Xibalban Warrior (Obsidian Club) - 2669, also #forestrec and #caverec
Xibalban Dart Thrower - 2670
Xibalban Guard (Obsidian Club and Mictlan Armour) - 2671
Large Scorpion (1g1r) - 2687
Giant Scorpion (5g1r) - 2688
Xibalban Scorpion (15g1r, Sacred, #reclimit 10) - 2689
Sun Guide (cap-only sacred Zotz) - 2672

EA Summons:

Sacred Scorpion (sacred) - 2690

Summon Balam:

Balam of the North (A2N4B2H3) 2765-2767 (can change to 3 shapes all with the same paths, starting Jaguar / Onaqui / Zotz guy, same is true for all Balams)
Balam of the East (W2N4B2H3) 2768-2770
Balam of the South (F2N4B2H3) 2771-2773
Balam of the West (D2N4B2H3) 2774-2776

Summon Chaac:

Chaak of the North (A4W3H3) 2778
Chaak of the East (A4W2N2H3) 2779
Chaak of the South (F2A4W2H3) 2780
Chaak of the West (A4W2D2H3) 2781

MA:

quote:

MA - Recruitable Commanders

Muuch Ajaw (80 Man Commander/H1) - 2715
Ah Itz (W1D1) - 2718
Ah Ha' (W1E1H1) - 2717
Muuch K'uhul (W2E1D1H1 100%WEDN, OK Leadership) - 2716
Chak Muuch Assassin (Cap-Only Assassin) - 2732
Bacab (W3E2D1H2 Cap-Only StR mage) - 2714
Camazotz (D2B1 100% AEB, Capital and #caverec, NOT StR, different to the EA one), 2719
Muuch Scout (#forestrec only) - 2720
Muuch Batab (#forestrec only stealthy 40 leadership commander) - 2728
Zotz Batab (as above but a bat guy) - 2733
Way (N2B1 10% FDNB #forestrec bloodhunter) - 2682

MA - Recruitable Units

Muuch Militia - 2721
Muuch Dart Thrower - 2722
Muuch Warrior (Spear, Leather Hauberk, and Shield) - 2734
Muuch Warrior (Obsidian Club Sword, Leather Hauberk, and Shield) - 2724
Muuch Warrior (Spear, Bronze Scale Hauberk, and shield) - 2725
Muuch Warrior (Obsidian Club Sword, Bronze Scale Hauberk and Shield), 2726
Chak Muuch Dart Thrower (Sacred, cap-only) - 2730
Chak Muuch Obsidian Warrior (Sacred, cap-only) - 2731
Wo'Muuch (Sacred, cap-only) - 2729
Muuch Jungle Warrior (#forestrec only) - 2727
Zotz Warrior (Light Lance, #reclimit 10, #forestrec, #caverec) - 2734
Zotz Warrior (Obsidian Club, #reclimit 10, #forestrec, #caverec) - 2735

No unique MA Summons

LA:

quote:

LA - Recruitable Commanders

Batab (40-man commander, fort, #caverec and #forestrec) - 2782
Ajaw (as EA) - 2675
Ajaw Can'Ek (as EA) - 2676
Chilan (E1D1H2 100%WED, fort and #caverec) - 2750
Way (N2B1 10%FDNB, Bloodhunter, fort and #forestrec) - 2751
Ah Itz (D1B1 100% AEDB, Bloodhunter) - 2753
Ah Ha' (W1E1H1) - 2748
Bacab (W3E2D1H3 110% WEDN, Cap-Only) - 2749
Camazotz (E1D2B1 100%AEDB) - 2754

LA - Recruitable Units

Zotz Warrior (Light Lance, fort, #forestrec and #caverec) - 2738
Zotz Warrior (Obsidian Club Sword, fort, #forestrec and #caverec) - 2739
Zotz Dart Thrower - 2740
Zotz Guard (Light Lance and Scale Mail Cuirass) - 2741
Zotz Guard (Obsidian Club Sword and Scale Mail Cuirass) - 2742
Sak Muuch Dart Thrower - 2744
Sak Muuch Warrior (Spear, Bronze Hauberk and Shield) - 2745
Sak Muuch Warrior (Obsidian Club Sword, Bronze Scale Hauberk and Shield) - 2746
Wo'Muuch (Sacred, Cap-only Atlantian guy) - 2747
Obsidian Warrior (Sacred, Cap-only Zotz) - 2743

No unique LA summons

Batguy pretenders:

quote:

- Hun Came (E1D2, like a flying, stealthy, Teotl of the Underworld but with innate fear, 1d6 Beast Bats and 3d6 Longdead in battle instead of 5d6 Longdead) - 2755
- Demon Macaw (F1S1, It Is A Bird, has innate Awe 3, FR15/SR15, Siege 10 and Patrol 25) - 2777
- Hun Balam (F1B1, It Is A Jaguar which comes with 2d6 more jaguars, not as useful as a Teotl of War) - 2764
- Bolon-ti-ku (D2B1 Pocket Teotl of the Night but swaps assassination for pierce resist and invulnerability 15 but 0 prot) - 2756

Will do Nazca soon, don't feel like any more data-entry, but here's their PGs:

quote:

- Stone Huaca (A1E2, It Is A Rock with 1 misc slot) - 2696
- Viracocha (F1A1W1 flying titan with Storm Immunity and innate Awe 3) - 2685
- Apu Inti (F3 flying titan with Storm Immunity and innate Awe 3) - 2686
- Apu Illapa (A3 flying titan with Storm Immunity and 2 tiny Air Elementals) - 2698
- Heavenly Condor (A2, It Is A Bird, comes with 1d6 Condors) - 2693
- Ayar (when I say Ayar you say Nappa, it is an F1E2 titan with Awe 3 and Invulnerability 15 and 3 innate reinvigoration) - 2699
- Sapa Inca (F1A1S1 Eagle King guy, Has Awe 4, Is A Magic Being) - 2695
- Immortal Coya (like a Vampire Queen but actually good so long as you arm her, E1D2, immortal undead poor-amphibian with 30-point paths) - 2737

Right, Nazca after a couple of days:

quote:

Recruitable commanders:

Runancya (scout) - 2666
Kuraka (human commander, fort and #mountainrec) - 2647
Apu (flying commander) - 2654
Apuqispray (a better flying commander) - 2655
Accla (F1A1H1 mage) - 2656
Hurin Priest (E1D2H2 100% AES) - 2657
Mallqui (lovely mummy cart) - 2660
Mallqui Priestess (F1A1H1 undead cart) - 2661
Mallqui Priest (E1D2H2 100% AES undead cart) - 2662
Inca (F2A2H3 10% FAS, Cap-Only, StR) - 2658
Coya (E2S2D2H2 30%(!!!) FAESD, Cap-Only, StR) - 2659
Royal Mallqui (F2A2E2S2D2H3 10% FAESD, Cap-Only, StR) - 2663
Paqo of the Mountain Spirits (A1N1, Heretic 1, Disease Healer, Fortune Bringer 1, #mountainrec) - 2664
Paqo of the Earth Mother (E1N1, Heretic 1, Disease Healer, Fortune Teller 5, #mountainrec) - 2665

Recruitable troops:

Human Warrior (spear, fort and #mountainrec) - 2643
Human Warrior (spear and shield, fort and #mountainrec) - 2644
Human Warrior (mace and sling, fort and #mountainrec) - 2645
Human Warrior (mace and javelin, fort and #mountainrec) - 2646
Hatun Runa (flying slave militia) - 2648
Aucac Runa Archer (flying archer) - 2652
Aucac Runa Spearman (flying light lancer) - 2649
Aucac Runa Maceman (he's got a loving mace) - 2650
Aucac Runa Axeman (it's a Caelan with an axe) - 2651
Sun Guard (Sacred, Cap-only, has a mace) - 2653
Condor Warrior (Sacred, Cap-only, storm-flier) - 2667

Summons:

Condor (really good at sieges and patrolling, make Black Hawks look like even worse garbage for the price and research) - 2694
Huaca (it's a Yazad) - 2697

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 7, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm not liking the fact that the only way that to differentiate the bat people commanders is the color of their underwear.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

jBrereton posted:

Doing this thing.

For EA:

you missed the pretenders

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

jsoh posted:

you missed the pretenders
I haven't missed a thing yet, I'm still doing it.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Any cool new Pretender, btw? I didn't check them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

I'm not liking the fact that the only way that to differentiate the bat people commanders is the color of their underwear.

As a colourblind person, the entire race is a bit of a bitch to differentiate. Or maybe it's not colour related and they're all just a grubby mess of indistinguishable bat-dudes. Like bat-dudes should be.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can confirm that they're supposed to be differentiated by color but they might as well be featureless bat blobs

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Turin Turambar posted:

Any cool new Pretender, btw? I didn't check them.

Nazca gets an entire line of titans to themselves, who are the most beautiful sprites ever and are pretty funny to see on the same screen as the Freak Lord. Also a Caelian Lich, an Eagle King, a custom monolith, and a giant condor.

Mictlan/Xibala get the Demon Macaw for sure, and a giant Jaguar and a Prince Of Death equivalent that I don't think were there before.

EA and MA Machaka each get a pretender they were supposed to have but was accidentally missing.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 4, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The Xibalbas get the new skeleton batman pretender who's has earth/death

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I just did an expansion test with the Giant Condor, and that was bad, I can't get it to work.
He is the typical "monster" pretender, so low magic, expensive magic paths, low dominion, cheap cost and "good" physical stats. Though good just in quotes, he has mm4, but he isn't tough enough for real combat. Forget crossbows and heavy cavalry, a normal and small indie province owned me :(.
He even has bad item slots, as even the dragons and the wyrm has head slots (Wyrm has 2!), but he hasn't one, just 2 misc item slots.

I don't know for what he can be used for. Just for pure scales build (as he is a 0 point chassis) and only use it ingame as mobile leader (+3 morale to 160 troops).

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Go full Desura and give him a copper arm and a brand to thug with :histdowns:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Turin Turambar posted:

I just did an expansion test with the Giant Condor, and that was bad, I can't get it to work.
He is the typical "monster" pretender, so low magic, expensive magic paths, low dominion, cheap cost and "good" physical stats. Though good just in quotes, he has mm4, but he isn't tough enough for real combat. Forget crossbows and heavy cavalry, a normal and small indie province owned me :(.
He even has bad item slots, as even the dragons and the wyrm has head slots (Wyrm has 2!), but he hasn't one, just 2 misc item slots.

I don't know for what he can be used for. Just for pure scales build (as he is a 0 point chassis) and only use it ingame as mobile leader (+3 morale to 160 troops).

He is a giant parrot who pretends to be the sun and the moon. That is what he is used for.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

why stop at one arm???

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Neruz posted:

He is a giant parrot who pretends to be the sun and the moon. That is what he is used for.

giant condor is different from demon macaw

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

jsoh posted:

giant condor is different from demon macaw

Whoops I score all the reading comprehension points.

Yeah the Condor doesn't strike me as the most useful chassis.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

everyone should always take the macaw because vain celestial body parrot is the best pretender

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Can anyone explain me why are the flyers like Caelian troops so slow in battle? You would think it would be the other way around, having wings and poo poo (and in fact having mm3).
Normal infantry have move 10-12. Nazca Sun Guard for example has battle move 6. Six! I know they are armored but it's a bit ridicule. Others have 7 and guys with "reinforced cloth" move 8. I imagine them flying sloowly just half a meter above the ground at the speed of someone walking and a normal soldier surpassing them just with a light jog.
edit: ok, checked more stats, on average they move 3 less than the equivalent armored human.

It was funny to see how my "flying alpha strike" squad reached the target several turns later than the crappy militia guys, when I though they would hit at the same time.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 4, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They don't "move" in the same way. Their ground speed is slow, but they fly, and flying troops just move to their target (or the target they decide is more interesting).

Larz
Jul 29, 2011
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the inspector to 4.14. Have fun browsing all the crazy new poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Second Sun and Steal the Sun are both cast, is the heat just like normal?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

goatface posted:

"Psssh, stole the sun? They can keep it. We got a newer, better sun. We didn't need that dumb old sun anyway."

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.
The Second Sun shines day and night, so I would assume it makes heat increase as it normally would.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Larz posted:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the inspector to 4.14. Have fun browsing all the crazy new poo poo.

yay!!

edit: Sacred scorpions are good. They are undisciplined so they aren't perfect.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 4, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Turin Turambar posted:

It was funny to see how my "flying alpha strike" squad reached the target several turns later than the crappy militia guys, when I though they would hit at the same time.

Don't put em in line formation. Units in line formation always walk no matter what modes of transportation are available to them and they suffer a slight movement penalty as well.

Diabl0658 posted:

The Second Sun shines day and night, so I would assume it makes heat increase as it normally would.

Illwinter have said that the spells interact, that's all we know at the moment until someone runs a test.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Man I hope you can steal the second sun as well. Gotta catch 'em all.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

goatface posted:

The description at least aims to that.

And you know what, it's true this is a spell that can only be casted if you design your Pretender specifically for it, but I think it has to be worth it. It buffs fire mages and their sacred elite units AND gives you 15 gems per turn AND it gives to the rest of the world darkness, which they aren't normally affected because they all have the blind attribute in the first place.
Dormant Smoking Mirror pretender could do it, with decent scales.

----

Hahahah, the Huacas summoned by Nazca are the same Caelum's Yazads. And it makes sense, it's just that their traditions and name for Yazads changed when caelians separated from their main nation and founded Nazca. In the description Yazads are called "kindly ones" or "adorable ones" and they are their semi-divine ancestors, Huacas are said to be semi-divine ancestors also called "sacred ones". Nice detail.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 5, 2014

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

garth ferengi posted:

New pudmod version for the patch and 2 new games to go with it, happy and u kno it and brendan fraser!

happy and u kno it is an EA game that will have income set to 125% to offset the low population numbers in EA, brendan fraser is an MA game with no special rules.

EA Xibalba's nation ID is 31, Nazca and MA Xibalba's nation IDs are 57 and 58. Serpent Cult Pythium is still 61.

quote:

PUDMOD 0.09
-Implementor Axe moved to construction 8.
-Lemuria's Grand Lemur, Lemur Thaumaturg, and Lemur Consul summon gem costs increased to vanilla values(50, 30, and 25 gems, respectively).
-Hydras weren't actually amphibious. Fixed.
-Oni General chaos recruitment value reduced to 15, from 20.
-Integrated Worthy Heroes! It has a lot of questionable content and silly and stupid things but it makes some nations slightly more interesting, which is really the entire goal of this mod. Heroes aren't really a balance issue in the first place anyways. I had to fix a lot of bugs and things so I decided to just integrate it instead of running it as a separate mod in games.
-Serpent Cult's Revelers are now slow to recruit.

Download here, complete changelog here, and here's a picture of the map one or both games will be using:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Goons and goonettes, the Nationdraft LP is up and running! Come post about how garbage my choices are and why I should be dead already and oh god why the hell did you do that you godforsaken scrub?! A bunch of other players are also posting and it looks like it will be a Swell Time For All. Plus every other LP ever has been about somebody winning so this should be a refreshing change of perspective.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hooray, LPs are fun!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

Goons and goonettes, the Nationdraft LP is up and running! Come post about how garbage my choices are and why I should be dead already and oh god why the hell did you do that you godforsaken scrub?! A bunch of other players are also posting and it looks like it will be a Swell Time For All. Plus every other LP ever has been about somebody winning so this should be a refreshing change of perspective.

I've posted about my death march into oblivion, maybe I'll post about my doomed anti-jag war when we get to that.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Did the thing with the unit numbers at last.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Nice title, I approve!

rhetoricalAcrobat
Aug 5, 2013
Okay so I just picked up this game and honestly despite all the micromanagement, there's some real joy to be found in 200 lions being led by a giant god while others are throwing fireballs left and right. So thanks to goon LPs for convincing me to make irresponsible purchasing decisions, really.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MidlifeCrisis has come to an end. Horrors and their Jotunheim sidekicks win!

I took this guy

Basically expanded with w9 Garmhirdings, which while not as durable in melee as n9 and essentially requiring that I micro'd first hit for every indie they were suitable for earlygame. Fought Vanheim first and was very thankful that I had the w9s as they fare far better against skinshifters compared to n9 Garmhirdings. Still lost a fair number of them against Chickenwing after he subbed into Buildscharacters' Vanheim, but it was enough for them to hold the skins until my god woke up. I had gone straight to const 4 so I could build a blood income with b1 vaetti+SDR which also allowed me to fully kit out my god once he awoke. Regenerating const4 geared Son of Niefel in white candles is pretty tough and could kill infinite skinshifters and he did so on one occasion after which I peaced out with 1 fort taken, which had been my goal. Shortly thereafter Asphodel turned on Vanheim and annihilated him.

From there I snagged some provinces from a dying Vanarus who was getting savaged by Sceleria, still just using blobs of Garmhirdings and vaetti, and I basically got half of his stuff for minimal effort. Hatwer kept the siege of the cap though he was immediately jumped on by other people and Vanarus remained alive with a mostly empty cap for literally the entire game due to no one ever finishing the siege. I then went on to invade Kitfox's Agartha to my east, who looked weak due to continual wars with his neighbors from early on. He bribed me with a bunch of gems to go attack Pythium instead which I did because he was involved in a losing war with his neighbors. Took a handful of Pythium provinces there and a single fort, though Speleothing did kill my god since I critically underestimated how many mages were hiding in his fort and stormed it. Always scout your storms unless you are sure you know what is inside.

Fortunately I had a pile of Godes already and it looked like it would only take a handful of turns to revive him, which I did. At this point I had const4,conj4,ench5,alt2 and thaum7 and had been aggressively searching water. Though I had relatively bad site luck with water, I had also been aggressively trading for as many water gems as I could get and had a pretty decent pile of 200ish water gems ready to go with Vengeful Waters for my once again living god to cast. This was absolutely critical as I now bordered two nations that I am quite confident could have invaded and killed me without Vengeful Waters up, Asphodel and Mictlan.

About this point, Atlantis, who had been chain staling was set AI and immediately threw it's retard chaff at me continuously, providing an annoying bleed of resources and effort to keep the raids at bay. I had also crafted a ring of water breathing and sent my god under to grab the ocean to my northwest, which had been claimed by Ulm who I suspected would be completely unable to stop him from stealing all of the water there which proved correct. On the other side, hostilities resumed with Agartha who was swiftly annihilated by a combination of gem summoned sacreds, skratti and a large skelespamming Gygja communion ball which is what finally delivered the deathblow to his armies.

At this point, I started creeping up on blood 8, where send horror lives so I focused on building out a horror sending squad. Everyone was inexplicably fighting everyone else instead of killing me, a known astral/blood nation with magic 3 scales. Once I had a suitable core of them built up, I invaded Mictlan and traded his current enemy Caelum for a staff of storms to allow an advancing Gygja communion to not get murdered by turn 1 eagle warriors and ozelotl flying in before skeleskam could start up. From there it was just a steady rollup of neighbors using horrors, raiders and a communion deathball until everyone tapped out.

Everyone but GenericOverusedName's C'tis of course! A nation that had been invaded by basically all of it's neighbors but still lived with a horribly depopulated cap until the bitter end. :v:

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 8, 2014

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I wasn't losing anything important and could have held off mictlan easily until you attacked me. :arghfist:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Speleothing posted:

I wasn't losing anything important and could have held off mictlan easily until you attacked me. :arghfist:

he attacked you the same turn i did, we bumped armies even.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Speleothing posted:

Well my scouting was super bad and I was having to use shadow imps to scout due to no scout provinces. All I could see was a huge mictlan ball on your border and made assumptions from there. Also Agartha was willing to pay gems to divert me.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
How do you scout a fort you're about to storm anyway? Do you mean to just look at the units in it before you move your army on top of it? It seems hard to get an idea of mage numbers that way, and I know that a lot of people will summon huge stacks of demons or whatever with their sieged mages to surprise you with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
You send a man in on retreat orders and look at the battlefield\battle report.

• Locked thread