Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
His Wikipedia bibliography is hilarious.

quote:

Non-fiction

Medical School: Getting In, Staying In, Staying Human (1987)
How to Cope with Depression (1989)
To Wrestle With Demons: A Psychiatrist Struggles to Understand His Patients and Himself (1992)
Anatomy of a Psychiatric Illness: Healing the Mind and Brain (1993)
The Strange Case of Dr. Kappler: The Doctor Who Became a Killer (1994)
Without Mercy: The Shocking True Story of a Doctor Who Murdered (1996)
Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson (2005)
Living the Truth: Transform Your Life Through the Power of Insight and Honesty (2007)
The 7: Seven Wonders That Will Change Your Life (2011) (co-authored with Glenn Beck)
Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony: A Psychological Portrait (2011)

Start off as a late-80's self-help shill, move through the 90's riding the wave of interest in serial killers, into the 00's with celebrity criminal clap-trap and Tea Party blowjobs. Media whores don't come more shameless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's like the literary equivalent of Nancy Graces twitter account

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My favorite part of Supreme Commander Ablow's American Jihad was that he couldn't stop himself from elaborating on what his facist freedom factory would do the United States too and that it'd be such a golden utopia that you'd actually enjoy paying taxes because you'd know they were all going towards the glorious march of conservative principles at gunpoint across the globe.

Edit: You know as opposed to today where only like 75% of your tax dollar does that.

He also called taxation a tithe to the Lord and a sacred duty. You know how much the Lord wanted to be Caesar so that sweet gold would be rendered unto Him! :histdowns:

Still, it might be worth it if this meant offshoring profits to dodge taxes is treason and apostasy. Apple, Goldman-Sachs, Mitt Romney, you are Anathema! :911::catholic:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

The Air Force Just Fired Two More Nuclear Missile Commanders

quote:

To: Whenifhow; tx_eggman
Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota, which also is responsible for 150 Minuteman 3 missiles

Is this some kind of covert tip-off of what we house where?
2 posted on 11/4/2014, 12:19:24 PM by SpinnerWebb (IN-SAPORIBVS-SICVT-PVLLVM)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SpinnerWebb

Absolutely...no one even knew it was there until this got published.

7 posted on 11/4/2014, 12:25:20 PM by southernmann
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Whenifhow

Another webite, b4itsnuz (my misspelling), has an article declaring that Obama wants to have a nuclear accident in this country, either today or tomorrow.

If you remember, some missile commanders were fired in the past, and it came out, that they REFUSED a presidential order to launch missiles on this country.

24 posted on 11/4/2014, 1:23:55 PM by Terry L Smith
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Terry L Smith

There is absolutely no doubt he wants a nuclear explosion in the US. Probably in the Heartland, in support of Bin Laden.

31 posted on 11/4/2014, 1:42:44 PM by combat_boots (The Lion of Judah cometh. Hallelujah. Gloria Patri, Filio et Spiritui Sancto!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Oh good they're beating off to a loving nuclear explosion again.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So is anyone else planning to take a slight break from the thread after the inexorable rear end kicking the dems are about to receive today? I'm already having trouble resigning myself to the fact I'm going to have to see Scott Walker's stupid, smug, ever punchable wet turd face for another four years as he burns this state to the ground. I still can't fathom that the side that thinks the U.S. President actively wants a nuclear explosion on U.S. soil is actually going to not only win, but by all accounts win convincingly. It's seriously depressing me large numbers of people are so vicious and hate filled towards anyone even slightly different.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I would stick around for a bit, never underestimate the Freep ability to find the thing to complain about in any situation.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah, even in 2010 they bitched plenty. Then again, I live in California, so that wasn't as bad an election as it could've been.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So is anyone else planning to take a slight break from the thread after the inexorable rear end kicking the dems are about to receive today? I'm already having trouble resigning myself to the fact I'm going to have to see Scott Walker's stupid, smug, ever punchable wet turd face for another four years as he burns this state to the ground. I still can't fathom that the side that thinks the U.S. President actively wants a nuclear explosion on U.S. soil is actually going to not only win, but by all accounts win convincingly. It's seriously depressing me large numbers of people are so vicious and hate filled towards anyone even slightly different.

They'll just drum up pissing fits after Obama doesn't explode nuclear loving bombs over the Heartland after losing.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Sit back and enjoy the silver lining: the misery well at freerepublic will never go dry

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Even though Republicans are going to win big, they'll be "establishment" Republicans so Freep will still cry tears about it. They aren't going to be as good as the 2012 ones, and hopefully the 2016 ones will also be much better, but I'm willing to look for any silver lining after the disappointment tonight will bring.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Ah forgive me, in my election day despair I forgot the holy freep maxim of always more, always worse. Thanks for giving me a silver lining! Although that makes me wonder what the world would look like if they ever were satisfied enough to stop bitching. I'd imagine it would involve piles upon piles of immigrant skulls and me no longer alive to see it.

And probably one single black guy that everyone in the country tries to be friends with to prove they're not racist.

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 4, 2014

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Although that makes me wonder what the world would look like if they ever were satisfied enough to stop bitching.

It would be one person, alone in the world, after the inevitable infighting of who was really the purest conservative. I feel like there's been many sci-fi stories about this kind of thing.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Although that makes me wonder what the world would look like if they ever were satisfied enough to stop bitching.

Like this:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Look, if you want the Eye of Terror to open, that's one thing, but don't come crying when it warps your body and mind.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I wonder how many more people are going to get purged out in the 2016 primaries. There can't be that many disposable people any more. Threads rarely get above 100 comments anymore. I am sure looking forward to it though!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Ah forgive me, in my election day despair I forgot the holy freep maxim of always more, always worse. Thanks for giving me a silver lining! Although that makes me wonder what the world would look like if they ever were satisfied enough to stop bitching. I'd imagine it would involve piles upon piles of immigrant skulls and me no longer alive to see it.

And probably one single black guy that everyone in the country tries to be friends with to prove they're not racist.
Also think of it this way: since Freepers don't actually know anything about politics, they will take tonight as proof of Republican superiority and will be sure their sane agendas of locking up all Muslims, abolishing all taxes, and making the gay a capital offense will be coming along any day now. Wait a few months and when all of these things don't get implemented they'll cry about the RINOs (that they voted for) and when 2016 rolls around you can look back on these threads and smile fondly, knowing that at least a healthy percentage of them are dead and the few that are left will be facing a Hillary presidency :kheldragar:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Creatures without hope, who live for nothing except to spread misery and sadness to the world and undue anything good they may have done in the past. Yep that sounds like Freep.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I'm feeling kind of melancholy today. Even though I'm not very enthusiastic for my Senate candidate, I still went out to vote for her today, and will most likely do it again in December when the run off occurs. I just don't know if I can take another month of negative ads

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

mints posted:

I'm feeling kind of melancholy today. Even though I'm not very enthusiastic for my Senate candidate, I still went out to vote for her today, and will most likely do it again in December when the run off occurs. I just don't know if I can take another month of negative ads

That's the whole point of negative adds. Don't give them what they want.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

quote:

If you remember, some missile commanders were fired in the past, and it came out, that they REFUSED a presidential order to launch missiles on this country.

Ah yes I do recall when the President of these United States ordered a nuclear missile strike upon his own country, and all that came from it was those brave patriots who said "no" to him were fired.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

mints posted:

Stop watching TV. Television is pointless, anyway.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Mister Adequate posted:

Ah yes I do recall when the President of these United States ordered a nuclear missile strike upon his own country, and all that came from it was those brave patriots who said "no" to him were fired.

And somehow not immediately replaced with the guy who would say yes. OBOZO takes no for an answer the first time on destroying the country before moving to the next dastardly plot.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I think this pretty much sums up Election Night :freep:

Sen. Mitch McConnell wins re-election

It's bad.

quote:

To: Morgana

K-Street Lobbyists, Chamber of Communists popping corks

2 posted on 11/4/2014, 4:52:35 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (15 years of FReeping! Congratulations EEE!)

quote:

Booooo

3 posted on 11/4/2014, 4:52:46 PM by myself6

Better than a Democrat, at least.

quote:

To: Obadiah

You really really wanted Grimes?

7 posted on 11/4/2014, 4:54:30 PM by Morgana ( Always a bit of truth in dark humor.)

It's... good? :confused:

quote:

AIDS vs. Herpes

8 posted on 11/4/2014, 4:54:57 PM by EEGator

quote:

Grimes, by virtue of being a woman and opposing McConnell, sucked in massive amounts of money that would have been better spent shoring up other Dem candidates.

So yes, this is a good thing.

16 posted on 11/4/2014, 4:57:07 PM by tanknetter

No, it's bad.

quote:

So ol’ mitch will be around to backstab more conservatives.

19 posted on 11/4/2014, 4:58:50 PM by Rides_A_Red_Horse (Why do you need a fire extinguisher when you can call the fire department?)

It's... alright, maybe?

quote:

To: tanknetter

I’m not a Mitch McConnell fan, but we sure didn’t need to lose this seat to a Marxist Democrat.

21 posted on 11/4/2014, 4:59:31 PM by Catsrus (al)

quote:

To: Rides_A_Red_Horse

The only good thing is that it gets rid of Harry Reid, that alone is worth the price of admission.

23 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:00:07 PM by dfwgator (The "Fire Muschamp" tagline is back!)

Nope, still bad.

quote:

To: refermech

Mitch wants to CRUSH the Tea Party. I loathe the guy. He could have done much more.

26 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:01:39 PM by alstewartfan (Rainstorm brainstorm,Faces in the maelstromHuddled by the puddles in the shadows where drains run.)

quote:

boooooooooooo hisssssssssssss

30 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:03:23 PM by GeronL (Vote for Conservatives not for Republicans)

quote:

To: RC one

You are drinking the DemocRat koolaid if you think the Gelded Old Pansies will challenge Soetoro. The US is the loser.

34 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:04:21 PM by VRWC For Truth (Roberts has perverted the Constitution)

quote:

depressing

38 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:06:37 PM by TBall

quote:

Yay.

The establishment surrender monkey gets to go back to the Senate.

49 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:18:06 PM by NorthMountain

quote:

To: refermech

Mitch will be working for 2 years to keep Dingy happy so that when the ‘Rats win the Senate back in 2016, Mitch will not be severely punished.

51 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:19:30 PM by Paladin2

quote:

That is one senate seat I would have shed no tears over if the democrat had won; the other is Mississippi. My dream senate would be 98 republicans, with 2 democrats, one taking Cochran’s seat, the other taking McConnell’s.

54 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:20:16 PM by erkelly

I wonder if there's a word for that kind of awkward feeling you get when you end up agreeing with someone but for the completely opposite reasons.

quote:

The best government money can buy.

68 posted on 11/4/2014, 5:30:28 PM by pierrem15 ("Massacrez-les, car le seigneur connait les siens")

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Yeah I still think it's pretty funny that Freep's freaking out about ICBMs.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kasich won again in Ohio, and we got one Kevin Bacon for state Senate. I don't know enough about him, but he's got a memorable name. Ugh.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh please, everyone knows that the "fish" and "loaves" were metaphors for 18 hour work days for pennies with no overtime at sewing machines and scrubbing toxic chemicals with your bare hands.

Religion: The Opiate of the Masses

Especially if you want to manipulate the masses into working themselves to death for your benefit, under the assumption that they're doing God's will.

Remember that it was the clergy who were the most powerful throughout history.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Uhm, that really kind of depends on the society and time period. Really kind of a blanket statement there, and that Marx quote is about soothing pain, not drugging people.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Everyday Lurker posted:

Religion: The Opiate of the Masses

Especially if you want to manipulate the masses into working themselves to death for your benefit, under the assumption that they're doing God's will.

Remember that it was the clergy who were the most powerful throughout history.

I'm going to have to call you out on taking that quote out of context. The whole quote is "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". At the time, opium was considered a legitimate medicine for treating depression and psychosis. What he is saying is that religion is a means of coping with being exploited. He's saying that a just world would have no need for religion, not that religion must be done away with to create a just world.

:spergin:

Edit: Beaten.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 5, 2014

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I'm going to have to call you out on taking that quote out of context. The whole quote is "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". At the time, opium was considered a legitimate medicine for treating depression and psychosis. What he is saying that religion is a means of coping with being exploited. He's saying that a just world would have no need for religion, not that religion must be done away with to create a just world.

:spergin:

Edit: Beaten.

I guess years of hearing that quote taken out of context have done a number on its interpretation. I hope that doesn't discount the use of religion as a means of controlling the masses. :unsmith:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Everyday Lurker posted:

I guess years of hearing that quote taken out of context have done a number on its interpretation. I hope that doesn't discount the use of religion as a means of controlling the masses. :unsmith:

Oh! Not at all. Hope that didn't come off as too harsh. Just hear it from a lot of people as well, and it starts to get on my nerves. I agree that Religion is a handy tool for social control. Just that it is not inherently 'evil'.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 5, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Everyday Lurker posted:

Don't worry about it. Phrases get twisted over time as they're repeated ad-nauseum.

For example, the GOP honestly believes that "lifting yourself by your boostraps" is something everyone should be able to do, despite it specifically being a phrase meaning "something impossible to do on your own".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jagged Jim posted:

It's bad.

No, it's bad.

It's... alright, maybe?

Nope, still bad.

I wonder if there's a word for that kind of awkward feeling you get when you end up agreeing with someone but for the completely opposite reasons.

Well, the only thing that has made me feel better about the complete conservative sweep tonight is that freepers aren't happy either.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Jagged Jim posted:

It's bad.

No, it's bad.

It's... alright, maybe?

Nope, still bad.

Thank you, Freep thread. I was pretty down after seeing the election results, and seeing them disappointed that a RINO won got a belly laugh out of me.

Do you think there's any way to convince Tea Parties that big money will push RINOs over True Republicans and get them to oppose it?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

To: naturalman1975
Prince Chuckie is a clueless wanker. I bet he’ll next call for them to use electric vehicle while rape and pillaging so that they don’t damage the earth and cause more global warming.

7 posted on 11/5/2014, 9:29:30 AM by MAD-AS-HELL (There was a revultion brewing but it turned out to be piss water.)

quote:

I know him personally and he isn’t. The media has done a very good job of portraying in a particular way - especially the left wing media (which is a lot of it). They do it because on most issues - not all, but most - he’s a conservative and the media loves to make conservatives look stupid. Because of his constitutional role in the UK, he’s also limited in his ability to respond - if I’d been treated the way he was, I’d be tempted to introduce some newspaper editors and TV producers to the ancient delights of the Tower of London. But he can’t, even if he wanted to.

Yes, the environmental issues are one area where I do believe he is wrong - and he knows my view. But they get blown out of proportion at times - by speeches about that being highlighted, and many other things being almost totally ignored.

12 posted on 11/5/2014, 9:43:46 AM by naturalman1975 ("America was under attack. Australia was immediately there to help." - John Winston Howard)

quote:

Really? The most powerful man in England can’t find a decent PR person to make sure his message is crystal clear?

He could find one, but it would not constitutionally appropriate. The Prince of Wales is not a celebrity to be staged managed for reasons of PR. He has a particular constitutional role to play and he plays it.

I once asked him about this issue in the face of some reports in the media about one of his sons. He told me he came very close to phoning up the editor of a major newspaper and demanding they kill the story - which was largely (although not totally) false. The reason he didn't do it was because of the danger that a British newspaper editor might have obeyed him simply because he was their future King - and that would the thin end of the wedge - state censorship of the media by default. That's how he thinks of all these issues. He doesn't care if he is hated, He doesn't care if he is seen as a fool. As long as he feels he is doing his duty, he'll accept the abuse and the lies. People like me - his friends - don't like it. That's why I speak up for him, even though he probably wouldn't want me to. It makes me so angry to see the caricature of him that many people have accepted and that the media has promoted.

Is he an elitist? I'm far more of an elitist than he is, actually. He'd much rather not be a Prince - but he has been told from birth that it is his patriotic duty to his country, and sanctioned by the Church in which he has been raised. He sees his role as doing his duty to his nation. You may not like the idea of monarchy, but it is the form of government that the UK and more than a dozen other nations have and that their people want to have. This gives him a role to play whether he likes it or not.

If he truly was a conservative, he’d give the money back to the people of England and live an honest life.

I doubt you understand the financial situation. The Prince of Wales income comes from his landholdings and properties - mostly in the Duchy of Cornwall. He owns these properties in pretty much the same way as anybody else who has inherited wealth. Unless you call for all of those who have inherited wealth to hand it over to the people - a remarkably socialist position - I can't see the justification for saying he should. If the monarchy ended tomorrow, these properties would remain the property of Charles Windsor, private citizen. If anything, he'd have more power over them.

The only members of the Royal Family who are funded by the state are the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh - and in their case, it occurs because of a deal made with the British treasury over 200 years ago by George III that nearly all of the profits of the Crown Estate would be handed back to British people, in exchange for the government paying the costs of the Monarch and Consort. It was a very good deal for George III (at the time, it meant he got more money than he gave up) but for well over a century now, the balance has been the other way around. The Crown Estate generates over six times as much profit each year - paid into the Treasury for the use of the British government - than the government pays to the Queen and Duke (called the Sovereign Grant - it is set at 15% of the Crown Estate revenues). Currently the profit is about £200 million a year and in exchange for that the Sovereign Grant is therefore about £30 million (that grant funds the upkeep of the Royal Palaces, transports and security, and quite a lot of the tourism aspects of the Royal Family as well).

If the Monarchy was dissolved, unless the assets of the Royal Family were seized (which would be outright theft in many ways) Mrs Elizabeth Windsor would suddenly be entitled to the return of about £8 billion pounds of property and cash that she currently doesn't have access to.

18 posted on 11/5/2014, 10:39:22 AM by naturalman1975 ("America was under attack. Australia was immediately there to help." - John Winston Howard)

"my friend the Prince of Wales"
- a Freeper

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 5, 2014

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

"my friend the Prince of Wales"
- a Freeper

Is he also friends with that other Freeper that was a Hollywood producer that greenlit Ironman, and then fired all of his employees that voted for Obama?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I was tempted to sympathize just a little bit with him because he puts out a coherent and sensible argument about a constitutional monarchy from a conservative viewpoint, but he had to go and ruin it by prefacing it with an unsupported claim of personally knowing the crown prince of England.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The Duchess of Cornwall works at Nintendo and she told me that Donkey Kong Country 5 was going to have Sub-Zero as a playable character.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

quote:

I doubt you understand the financial situation. The Prince of Wales income comes from his landholdings and properties - mostly in the Duchy of Cornwall. He owns these properties in pretty much the same way as anybody else who has inherited wealth. Unless you call for all of those who have inherited wealth to hand it over to the people - a remarkably socialist position - I can't see the justification for saying he should. If the monarchy ended tomorrow, these properties would remain the property of Charles Windsor, private citizen. If anything, he'd have more power over them.

This is also somewhat incorrect. While it's true that Prince Charles gets some of his income from landholdings, he's done a remarkable job of diversifying the Royal Family's investment portfolio and increasing their personal wealth. Over here he has a reputation of being something of a doof because he has an awkward look to him, but from what I've read he's actually quite a shrewd investor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Slashrat posted:

an unsupported claim of personally knowing the crown prince of England.
That's straight out of a Tom Clancy book (PATRIOT GAMES, Jack Ryan saves the Prince's life and they get to be best buddies).

• Locked thread