Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Look, TM Terrorsaur and TFP Soundwave have their similarities, but I'm pretty confident it was MEANT to be PRID soundwave.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Last thing I forgot to mention is that it's would just be so odd for Milne to base a design off a TFP toy. That's one of the things that makes me think he was homaging an older figure.

... why would it be odd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I suspect I have said this a lot before because I repeat myself like a motherfucker I suspect I have said this a lot before because I repeat myself like a motherfucker but I really love TFP Soundwave. I wish he had gotten a bigger toy, with just a bit more articulated legs.

Maybe in the far future of 2030 when Generations gets around to homage TFP they'll make a TFP Soundwave homage? I mean if the toyline isn't ruined forever by then.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Keldroc posted:

But if I were a scalper, I wouldn't have been the one who contributed :rodimus: to the smilies lineup.
I dunno... you might be the type of jerk that likes to taunt.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

And my MP Optimus Prime reissue has gotten here from BBTS. I finally got one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintimus Prime posted:

And my MP Optimus Prime reissue has gotten here from BBTS. I finally got one.

Is it a Japanese release or does the packaging match the other new MPs?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Holy loving poo poo angry birds transformers is a piece of poo poo. I generally avoid cell phone games BC I'm not a drooling tard, but you guys recommended it and tricked me.

Like when I first started it I was like "yeah okay, this is okay." Kinda a rail shooter, the collapsing tower to kill enemies in Chain reactions, that's cool. The scene bump references to the cartoon were a good joke

...but then you play it for another level and realize what's going on. The game actively prevents you from playing it by making you wait IRL time to play levels. What the gently caress is that? Isn't the entire point of cell phone games that they're "convenient? " I had to play a PSP game during the 15 minute wait between 30 second levels (also you can't replay them? ) Almost first thing there's a big old "jenga mode" option... Which costs 9.99 :eyepop: I also tried upgrading a character and realized that ALSO takes irl time. Cooldowns make sense in real time games where, you know, time matters. All this is there for is to make you pay money. But when I got a loving commercial I was finished. Also it runs like absolute dogshit.

As a Transformers game its totally half assed. Tropical island backgrounds? Nice, suits the material very well. Autobots and deceptions working together happens all the time, but generally there's at least some kind of vauge reasoning. Everything about this game screams "here is a thing you remember, get it?" Transforming has literally no function other than one repeated setpiece. And not only is it a stupid cargo cult transformers reference sack, its also spliced with angry loving birds.

In conclusion, I hope all of rovio contracts AIDS and dies in the street.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Is Angry Birds TF your first cell phone game? They're pretty much all like that, especially the free ones.

SpikeMcclane posted:

I dunno... you might be the type of jerk that likes to taunt.

Entirely possible, and even likely, but not about toy scalping. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Foreversmug, foreveralone

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ForeverSmug posted:

Holy loving poo poo angry birds transformers is a piece of poo poo. I generally avoid cell phone games BC I'm not a drooling tard, but you guys recommended it and tricked me.

Like when I first started it I was like "yeah okay, this is okay." Kinda a rail shooter, the collapsing tower to kill enemies in Chain reactions, that's cool. The scene bump references to the cartoon were a good joke

...but then you play it for another level and realize what's going on. The game actively prevents you from playing it by making you wait IRL time to play levels. What the gently caress is that? Isn't the entire point of cell phone games that they're "convenient? " I had to play a PSP game during the 15 minute wait between 30 second levels (also you can't replay them? ) Almost first thing there's a big old "jenga mode" option... Which costs 9.99 :eyepop: I also tried upgrading a character and realized that ALSO takes irl time. Cooldowns make sense in real time games where, you know, time matters. All this is there for is to make you pay money. But when I got a loving commercial I was finished. Also it runs like absolute dogshit.

As a Transformers game its totally half assed. Tropical island backgrounds? Nice, suits the material very well. Autobots and deceptions working together happens all the time, but generally there's at least some kind of vauge reasoning. Everything about this game screams "here is a thing you remember, get it?" Transforming has literally no function other than one repeated setpiece. And not only is it a stupid cargo cult transformers reference sack, its also spliced with angry loving birds.

Boy I hope you never try a *bad* cell phone game.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Does everyone at Rovio die or just the AB:TF team?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I don't get timer mechanics either, but that and iap are what people like all these days. gently caress that. People justify them with saying they don't play them in lots of small bursts, but really timer mechanics are to force that to spread out a weak game into an addiction and I refuse to play them.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

strangehamster posted:

Does everyone at Rovio die or just the AB:TF team?

Everyone. Even the janitors

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ForeverSmug posted:

Everyone. Even the janitors

Harsh, but fair.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

DoctorWhat posted:

Harsh, but fair.

Everyone gets fired
out of a cannon
Into the sun

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

strangehamster posted:

Everyone gets fired
out of a cannon
Into the sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hl8gkoApFY

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ForeverSmug posted:

You've described pretty much every mobile freemium game ever, except that most don't even have you doing things when your timers end beyond maybe tapping a couple things to make new timers. See: Simpsons Tapped Out. AB:TF runs great on my iPhone 6, though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
If we do the Secret Santa thing this year and if I get Forever Smug, I think I'm just gonna send him a lump or coal. Or a dollar store knockoff that I've broken beforehand. Or a jar filled with farts. You know you would all do the same.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

If we do the Secret Santa thing this year and if I get Forever Smug, I think I'm just gonna send him a lump or coal. Or a dollar store knockoff that I've broken beforehand. Or a jar filled with farts. You know you would all do the same.
Every single one of those titan shampoo bottle dolls.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Look at how wrong you all are. ForeverSmug's rage burns bright and pure, and that means they're fine by me. :colbert:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Rhyno posted:

Is it a Japanese release or does the packaging match the other new MPs?

It's the hasbro re-release so it's the older packaging like Rodimus Prime or the original US release of MP10

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

If we do the Secret Santa thing this year and if I get Forever Smug, I think I'm just gonna send him a lump or coal.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Are we hating on rock lords now? I kind of like rock lords. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had a rock lord as a kid, if nothing else they had way better articulation than transformers. Guess that's easier when you turn into a formless mass though

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

These actually own, though a friend had one that looked like poop.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I had the red one and two of the gold ones, they were kind of great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Therealjon is a realbro and got me Tailgate, and even included this sweet little green Constructicon-looking motherfucker that I've never seen before! Thanks a bunch duder!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
messing with some of the legends guys more:

Man Reflector is just kind of a PoS. His camera mode looks great from the side with the handle on it, but then since you have to have the other robots hold it upside dow, it just looks like they're holding reflector instead of a camera, or just a really gappy gun. Why didn't they just make reflector's head his handle?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

A Rock Lord defense force now? C'mon, they turn into rocks. There is no scenario in which that is useful or cool. It's the Tom Hanks "Who wants to play with a building?" scene taken to a level even more boring than buildings. At least the TFs who turn into buildings can do a few things. Rock Lord alt modes can literally do nothing but lay there. It is by far the dumbest permutation of transforming toys ever made. The most amazing thing about them is that Masters of the Universe actually did the same drat thing. I'd love to see transcripts of the original pitch meetings.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I dunno man, if I opened up a surprise box and saw those in there, I'd be like "haha, cool!"

Someone should send Forever Smug some Angry Birds Transformers because we know he really, REALLY hates them and wishes everyone at Rovio would get AIDs.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gammatron 64 posted:

Someone should send Forever Smug some Angry Birds Transformers because we know he really, REALLY hates them and wishes everyone at Rovio would get AIDs.

Eventually someone will make an AIDs transformer, and we can get him that.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

A Rock Lord defense force now? C'mon, they turn into rocks. There is no scenario in which that is useful or cool. It's the Tom Hanks "Who wants to play with a building?" scene taken to a level even more boring than buildings. At least the TFs who turn into buildings can do a few things. Rock Lord alt modes can literally do nothing but lay there. It is by far the dumbest permutation of transforming toys ever made. The most amazing thing about them is that Masters of the Universe actually did the same drat thing. I'd love to see transcripts of the original pitch meetings.

"Kids like poo poo they can huck at eachother, right? Like rocks and tree branches and sand? And they like these transformagoggers? Putcher fucken hands together matey. Rock transformafuckets. Done, sold, make it. Ok who wants more cocaine?"

e: I have longed for Transfarmers. Combines and poo poo spreaders and maybe a horse. You can even keep the Lambo twins, they just have to turn into silver tractors.

Phy fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 5, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Anora posted:

It's in the prime line, ask Spike about how well she sold on his table.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
^^ Someone. Someone in this very thread bought it off me after that. (and I'm too lazy to go through my records to look it up)

But yeah, noone would buy Airachnid for a dollar.

Keldroc posted:

So horrible that the concept was resurrected for the 2007 movie and made one of the best toys of the line.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 5, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anora posted:

First Aid is coming with the third wave of deluxes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So... Talking of Secret Santa.. Who's up for it?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I think I forgot to sign up last year. I'll probably do it this year but it's a little early still, don't you think?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

So... Talking of Secret Santa.. Who's up for it?
Me for sure

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

So horrible that the concept was resurrected for the 2007 movie and made one of the best toys of the line.

I'm drawing a blank.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

What?