Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I'll get this thread moving again

*ahem*

Iceland.

That's not even in America!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tatersyum posted:

That's not even in America!

16 is the sexiest age, scientific fact

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear
Females should stear clear of this guild.

If you are a female, be very weary of joining this guild. The gm Caton aka Daruis aka Rhyss, hit on me all the time and made my gaming life very stressful. I tried to stay because I loved the guildies and we all had a very good time in the beginning. Then he got more aggressive and I got more stressed. I told him back when we were in Vindictive that I was recently widowed and not interested in a companion/relationship but I suppose he thought I would change my mind when he kept it up. It got so bad I was planning on leaving the guild the morning of the day I got gkicked. I decided I had had enough when he tried to force me to gkick 3 members of the guild because he didn't like one and the other 2 pissed him off. Meretrix he has been trying to get rid of since the other two switched servers and used calling Envy a douche as a reason to kick him but he didn't have the balls to do it so he tried to force me to but I refused. He tried also to force me to gkick Dovryn and Hamatyme because they didn't show up to the last raid we had. also because Dovryn didn't get onto TS3 the next day either so he said I needed to kick him. Said I needed to kick Hamatyme because he rage quit and came back through members and didn't speak to Caton first. Also because Caton said he will not tolerate Hamatymes attitude and pking anyone at all for any reason. I refused to do these things and he told me I needed to learn how to take orders and do as i'm told. Kept telling me I am a submissive and that he wanted to teach me stuff. Told me he was coming to my house and that alone freaked me the hell out cus I never ever told him where I lived except for the state, but he said he ran a business where he hunted people down and tracked people and that is how he knows where I live. Sorry but that is just way too creepy for me and I don't want to be around someone that makes me feel so stressed out. I do think the guildies are worth a shot though, all for a couple of exceptions they are awesome people.

Pystoff.

P.S. don't give the site or ts money cus you will lose it just as I did when the pervert kicked me.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Omar_Comin posted:

If you are a female, be very weary of joining this guild. The gm Caton aka Daruis aka Rhyss, hit on me all the time and made my gaming life very stressful. I tried to stay because I loved the guildies and we all had a very good time in the beginning. Then he got more aggressive and I got more stressed. I told him back when we were in Vindictive that I was recently widowed and not interested in a companion/relationship but I suppose he thought I would change my mind when he kept it up. It got so bad I was planning on leaving the guild the morning of the day I got gkicked. I decided I had had enough when he tried to force me to gkick 3 members of the guild because he didn't like one and the other 2 pissed him off. Meretrix he has been trying to get rid of since the other two switched servers and used calling Envy a douche as a reason to kick him but he didn't have the balls to do it so he tried to force me to but I refused. He tried also to force me to gkick Dovryn and Hamatyme because they didn't show up to the last raid we had. also because Dovryn didn't get onto TS3 the next day either so he said I needed to kick him. Said I needed to kick Hamatyme because he rage quit and came back through members and didn't speak to Caton first. Also because Caton said he will not tolerate Hamatymes attitude and pking anyone at all for any reason. I refused to do these things and he told me I needed to learn how to take orders and do as i'm told. Kept telling me I am a submissive and that he wanted to teach me stuff. Told me he was coming to my house and that alone freaked me the hell out cus I never ever told him where I lived except for the state, but he said he ran a business where he hunted people down and tracked people and that is how he knows where I live. Sorry but that is just way too creepy for me and I don't want to be around someone that makes me feel so stressed out. I do think the guildies are worth a shot though, all for a couple of exceptions they are awesome people.

Pystoff.

P.S. don't give the site or ts money cus you will lose it just as I did when the pervert kicked me.

:eyepop:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you are one of the people getting kicked between server selection and character selection, Trion knows about the problem and blames hackshield. They don't have a fix. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?109837-Force-Disconnection-Following-Update-to-Build-4.14

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"lol idk" - Trion

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Omar_Comin posted:

Pystoff.

What guild is this? Because gently caress them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Lolin at the idea of "lets update hackshield"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CompeAnansi posted:

The main issue with our taking a castle from someone else is we have a dearth of mages in the guild. We need to have at least 50 people with maxed out Sorcery/Occultism + heroic cloth/plate in order to have a shot at winning sieges. AoE CC & Damage wins sieges. We can get there eventually, but for now I don't think we should even worry about trying to do sieges and just roam around having our fun by annoying pubbies.

That's exactly my point. How we arrived at the conclusion of "we can't win a castle siege fight, so let's build our own" is what boggles my mind. By the time goons would be viable to defend a castle, we can take one of our own, and it will be a way funner path than "fish for X hours and funnel all the materials to one guy" like the plan was.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Bauxite posted:

That's exactly my point. How we arrived at the conclusion of "we can't win a castle siege fight, so let's build our own" is what boggles my mind. By the time goons would be viable to defend a castle, we can take one of our own, and it will be a way funner path than "fish for X hours and funnel all the materials to one guy" like the plan was.

Nobody was actually fishing for castle materials. Castle mats were taken care of long before fishing was a big thing

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This whole thing is even funnier when you consider that a few people are probably NOT getting kicked and are therefore reaping land harvests as we speak since there are no housing limits.

I look forward to paying for my thatched plot by stealing from these people as the sail between Auroria and the mainlands.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Nobody was actually fishing for castle materials. Castle mats were taken care of long before fishing was a big thing

Don't let facts get in the wave of a good narrative.

For those of you that can't log in or w/e, Wicked got the first castle, FC the second, and two spots are still up for grabs.

E: Shipwrecked pirates just got castle 3.

Eminai fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 5, 2014

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I wonder where everyone is? There are usually 50+ vases down this close to quest reset.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eminai posted:

For those of you that can't log in or w/e, Wicked got the first castle

Good to know where we can find Brian David Mitchell these days.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Axel Serenity posted:

This whole thing is even funnier when you consider that a few people are probably NOT getting kicked and are therefore reaping land harvests as we speak since there are no housing limits.

Yeah, no offence to Minti or the guys who have enough land to plant 108 cedars at a time, but escalating taxes obviously aren't enough to keep people from being greedy land hogs. As it is there is no reason not to drop a cottage where ever you see space, and decide later if you want to use it or just sell it off.

In good areas even 8x8s can have a few people camping them when they are demolished. One guy grabbed one near my 2 8x8s and immediately sent me a mail offering to sell it to me for 100 gold. LOL.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I can't log in. I restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, everything. It's OK though, I didn't want a bigger piece of land than a scarecrow anyway :rolleye:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oil! posted:

I wonder where everyone is? There are usually 50+ vases down this close to quest reset.

Judging by the servers being listed as "up" most people are locked out, but on the bright side at least the people who can get in don't have to deal with a queue.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I logged in and tended to my mushrooms.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Wait, rocks don't bite fishing hooks? I wonder what all those goons were so angry over then.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Before I started getting repeatedly ganked, I used Auroria mineral water on 14 blazing trees and got exactly zero flaming logs, so that's pretty cool. I guess it'll be a month until I get my farm wagon at this rate.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Some guild called "No Melee" got the fourth castle. Is it worth going to Auroria right now? It took my wife and I forever to get through the DC message, and I don't want to crash out.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

Some guild called "No Melee" got the fourth castle. Is it worth going to Auroria right now? It took my wife and I forever to get through the DC message, and I don't want to crash out.

That's Forest Crow, and no, probably not.

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water

Scapes from loving Trion posted:

UPDATE 5: XLGAMES has determined what we believe to be the cause of the issue which is intermittently affecting players and causing disconnections. They are producing a fix for it right now with an estimated delivery of 3-4 hours. Right now, we will not be bringing the servers down ahead of time.

Anyone think it will be possible to still find a 16x16 and 24x24 by that time, or does this pretty much screw us out of land again?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Scapes posted:

UPDATE 5: XLGAMES has determined what we believe to be the cause of the issue which is intermittently affecting players and causing disconnections. They are producing a fix for it right now with an estimated delivery of 3-4 hours. Right now, we will not be bringing the servers down ahead of time.

Sucks for all of us that can't get in. I really wanted to gently caress with people claiming land.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Rivarz posted:

Anyone think it will be possible to still find a 16x16 and 24x24 by that time, or does this pretty much screw us out of land again?

Every spot larger than an 8x8 in auroria is claimed on Aranzeb.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Rivarz posted:

Reports are saying land is being bought instantly, on multiple plots at once, due to hackers. Like, not even a second. Instantly.

Some dude screenshotted someone selling 10 Large Farms in Auroria on the main forums.

Seriously, anyone expecting to actually drop land should just let go of that dream and accept that you will have to buy a plot with gold to access a feature you paid real money to have.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bauxite posted:

This is how we won fights at all in early age of wushu. We had piles of new players who went royal guard and just pulled people off of horses and beggars to get them all drunk so they couldn't fight back, then we stole all their books and made everyone in the game hate us.

We won fights by pushing our targets' crime up so they'd be locked in jail for hours.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rivarz posted:

When the first castle went up all the land was gone within 5 minutes. It is possible that all the lucky people used all their scrolls on land in the first couple castle regions, possibly leaving a bit of land in the very worst parts of the last region . . . but I wouldn't count on it. Especially since it looks like very many people weren't able to get online at all, so there will be a huge rush for any remnants when Trion fixes their poo poo.

I was really hoping to get a house and farm close together somewhere. Anywhere. :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Axel Serenity posted:

Reports are saying land is being bought instantly, on multiple plots at once, due to hackers. Like, not even a second. Instantly.

Some dude screenshotted someone selling 10 Large Farms in Auroria on the main forums.

Seriously, anyone expecting to actually drop land should just let go of that dream and accept that you will have to buy a plot with gold to access a feature you paid real money to have.

How do you even get 10 large farms when the plans can't be traded? Did he have 10 accounts logged in at once or something?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I only got 1 24x down, but I was in the offensive raid. If I had been just camping the the housing area I could have gotten more. Oh, and I crashed before the 3rd/4th zones were claimed.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Angela Christine posted:

How do you even get 10 large farms when the plans can't be traded? Did he have 10 accounts logged in at once or something?

I think he was advertising 16x16s technically. I forget that cottages and stuff cover the same amount as larges.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Angela Christine posted:

You can make an alt, place the 16x, throw it up for sale to your main, delete and repeat. Or cottage.

Guuse
May 11, 2009
Valor (#1) is mad about castles.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?110134-How-the-Disconnection-ruined-Valor-Aranzeb-chances-at-a-Castle.

quote:

How the Disconnection ruined Valor[Aranzeb] chances at a Castle.
Hello, my name is Cyruc and I am the Guild Leader of Valor. We are a large guild that plays on Aranzeb West and this is our story.

We have spent the last 2 months preparing for Auroria, getting guild miners, taking donations for a guild set of battle potions for every single player attending Auroria launch. We had spreadsheets, and check lists and tons of work. My players put their heart and soul into the preparation.

We got the Purifying Archeum pack crafted quickly and moved out to secure a location in calmlands. We sailed all the way out to the edge of Calmlands and about 2 mins from the lodestone I was dc'd from the server. I was carrying the pack and could not log back into the servers for about 40 mins. Meanwhile I sat in teamspeak while 30 mins after I disconnected Calmlands followed by Nuimari was taken.

My guild was robbed of their chance to claim a castle. No words can describe how angry I am.
All that work, 2 Months of prep. Countless kills in Echeloch, all those potions. GONE FROM FAULTY SERVERS.

Trion, respectfully I have lost faith in you and the game that you push. The moment that people could not log in servers should have been shut down. The lack of response from Trion is absolutely horrid, and pretty much has made me question why I even play this game.

Too Man-up, and Treachery, and All of my wonderful people in Valor I am truly truly sorry.

A video will be uploaded showing the entire process and the despair of having to watch victory ripped out of your grasp.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
All four are now placed on Ollo. Managed to port over and place an 8x8 on the first castle that went down. Didn't manage to get a house down in Nuimari for the forth even though I was actually there and camping that one.

I might be done with this game. Being a pirate was cool, but my friends and I haven't gone hunting in over a week now.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mimetic posted:

All four are now placed on Ollo. Managed to port over and place an 8x8 on the first castle that went down. Didn't manage to get a house down in Nuimari for the forth even though I was actually there and camping that one.

I might be done with this game. Being a pirate was cool, but my friends and I haven't gone hunting in over a week now.

Ollo was depressing. East faction could have easily claimed at least 2 spots but 3 large Eastern guilds decided to pull some bullshit on the others and then proceeded to then lose their own packs like retards. East was outnumbered so goddamn bad that we needed cohesion to get anything.

e: plus side the largest fishing guild on the server is now completely KOS to us so free fish I guess.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
This is what's happening to a lot of people:

Although, prior to getting disconnected, I saw some other people login for the first time since the patch...

I wonder if it is only happening to people who have logged in since the patch?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Evil_Greven posted:

I wonder if it is only happening to people who have logged in since the patch?

Nope, I haven't been able to log in even once. Unless I'm some goofy outlier, which wouldn't surprise me.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Deki posted:

Ollo was depressing. East faction could have easily claimed at least 2 spots but 3 large Eastern guilds decided to pull some bullshit on the others and then proceeded to then lose their own packs like retards. East was outnumbered so goddamn bad that we needed cohesion to get anything.

e: plus side the largest fishing guild on the server is now completely KOS to us so free fish I guess.

I mostly can't believe that Tractor Team Six actually does things other than roadblocks. Props to them.

EDIT: I had that disconnect issue too. Restarting it didn't fix it, but spamming login attempts did. Really sucks for anyone who still isn't on after things are over.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hackshield owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol this game

• Locked thread