Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Amphion posted:

@PhilipRucker Warner needs the remaining half of Fairfax votes to come in BIG to make up gap with Gillespie.

Warner will win, Warner will win, Warner will win, Wanrer wil win, Wanrrr Wiii wii, Warner wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I don't even drink so I gotta deal with this poo poo sober.

And i'm from Texas so hip hip hooray!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jake Tapper made a good point that the polling models for Virginia appear to be hosed.

I still think Warner pulls this out with 25% of Fairfax and Arlington still to report.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
its cool how loving spineless democrats are. im totally shocked theyre getting their asses kicked when they cant even admit to voting for obama

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The Glumslinger posted:

They're gonna repeal the minimum wage, aren't they :smith:
No they're not that dumb.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Did anybody NOT see this coming? I thought we've all accepted since 2010 that this year would be bad because it contained a bunch of Senate seats taken by Democrats in red states in 2008. Not going to bust out the suicide emotes about this yet.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Margin in KS-Sen now <1,000 votes. Margin in VA-Sen around 23k against Warner.

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Did anybody NOT see this coming? I thought we've all accepted since 2010 that this year would be bad because it contained a bunch of Senate seats taken by Democrats in red states in 2008. Not going to bust out the suicide emotes about this yet.

There's expecting a loss and then the reality of it actually happening. Made more frustrating by the Dems being utter cowards and absolutely deserving this rear end-kicking.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JosefStalinator posted:

NYT calling NH for Shaheen

loving thank you

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

We all saw it coming, but we hoped it wouldn't happen

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I don't understand how Florida can be so red. When ever I look at an election map, every major population center with the exception of Jacksonville and I guess the western half of the panhandle is blue. Are there really that man people living in the desolate green gaps between Tampa and Tallahassee?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
For anything meaningful to change, legislators and businesses would have to act massively against their own interests for an extended period of time. Nothing will change, nothing matters, have a nice evening everybody.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ronald McReagan posted:

Broward and Miami-Dade are both 75%+ in and Scott is still up by 80k votes. Now I'm getting worried. :(

I never figured we had a realistic shot at getting Rick Scott out. :( Purple, even blue in national elections, but sweet gently caress does this state suck otherwise.

Three and a half more hours at work, still no booze.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Typical Pubbie posted:

I don't understand how Florida can be so red. When ever I look at an election map, every major population center with the exception of Jacksonville and I guess the western half of the pan handle is blue. Are there really that man people living in the desolate green gaps between Tampa and Tallahassee?

Poor liberals don't vote.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

As of right now it looks like Republicans are +1 in the House with half the races still undecided (including the most competitive ones.)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Snyder is up by nearly 100k. Madeira save me

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Typical Pubbie posted:

I don't understand how Florida can be so red.

Okay let me just stop you right there.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Trabisnikof posted:

Especially in mid-terms

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Typical Pubbie posted:

I don't understand how Florida can be so red. When ever I look at an election map, every major population center with the exception of Jacksonville and I guess the western half of the panhandle is blue. Are there really that man people living in the desolate green gaps between Tampa and Tallahassee?

They literally feed off wealthy donors and uneducated country folk.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll be pissed if I'm paying Fairfax rent prices and having to deal with Republican nonsense
NoVA supposed's to be better than that

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Lancaster County coming in strong for Hassebrook and Domina.

Shame about the rest of the state.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
ok i was busy for like the last 15 minutes because i was making dinner. what has happened. by how much has rick scott won in FL

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Trabisnikof posted:

Except in national elections. When there's also more scrutiny about things going wonky in the voting booths. And less overt voter suppression.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Rick Scott is going to win?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Oh cool we get to wait a while before Louisiana elects a republican

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
If nothing else, we can say that history was made tonight, and that we were there.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
weird how minimum wage increases are cruising to victory in blood-red Arkansas and Nebraska but a red state Democrat wouldn't be caught dead supporting something like that this election cycle

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Deadulus posted:

Rick Scott is going to win?

Probably. God, please sink this state into the Gulf. I think we're all done with it.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Typical Pubbie posted:

You can't understand how a state that has a few large urban areas and vast rural areas can elect Republican governors? There are like five of them off the top of my head that have done that in the last four years.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Emanuel Collective posted:

weird how minimum wage increases are cruising to victory in blood-red Arkansas and Nebraska but a red state Democrat wouldn't be caught dead supporting something like that this election cycle

Becuase its communism, except when its not

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Why do Mike Rowe and Anthony Bourdain have CNN shows

this is like the dumbest thing

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I still can't believe that people actually thought Wendy Davis had a change in Texas

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The "alternative" to Rick Scott produced by our great democratic process was a literal Republican retread god bless america

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
Shumlin isn't really gonna lose in VT, is he? :ohdear:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

You can bust the suicide emotes if they sweep AK, NC and VA because that means we're getting a 55-45 Senate which will be difficult to overcome even in 2016.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

zakharov posted:

For anything meaningful to change, legislators and businesses would have to act massively against their own interests for an extended period of time. Nothing will change, nothing matters, have a nice evening everybody.

:agreed:

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014

Koalas March posted:

Snyder is up by nearly 100k. Madeira save me

WOOD TV out of Grand Rapids already called it for Snyder. :smithcloud:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JosefStalinator posted:

I still can't believe that people actually thought Wendy Davis had a change in Texas

I'm pretty sure literally no one thought this except the Texas democratic party and lol

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Talking with an ultra orthodox Dem and he said that losing the Senate was "expected and not really a big deal". Opinions?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

JosefStalinator posted:

No one thought this but she is rad so people wanted to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Emanuel Collective posted:

democrats are poo poo

• Locked thread