Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Chokes McGee posted:

Remember, fellow alcoholics: Never go to sleep drunk, get water and bread, and take your B12.

gently caress that, I work from home tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cythereal posted:

Welcome to Florida, here's your For Sale sign to wear on your head.

I go to UCF which is in Orlando, so normally I don't have to be reminded of the lovely things about Florida. But reelecting Rick Scott jesus gently caress Florida :suicide:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I still can't see this as a real name that actually exists, no offense.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So exactly how bad is it looking right now

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

OctoberBlues posted:

I'll drink water, but how will I be able to sleep tonight if I'm not still blackout drunk when I go to sleep?

Substitute scotch for bread.

And for water.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shear Modulus posted:

Where the hell is James Carville, he's my favorite commentator guy.

Face down in an ice cream cake

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Bad.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Just look at your avatar.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So let me get this straight. Congressional approval ratings are at an all time low throughout the entire country. It is a Republican controlled congress.

So in response this, the the electorate in their infinite wisdom decide that yes, electing more Republicans to the house And giving them the Senate too is a good idea that will make things better.

Am I understanding this correctly?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

Here's a "local story" from New Jersey relayed to me by a friend who is in Runyan's old district.

The current, retiring, representative is a Republican who used to play for the eagles for those who didn't know.

Jon Runyan becoming a GOP Congressman in the Tea Party wave is a weird bit of Eagles history. Like Jim Bunning being a Senator from KY/

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So let me get this straight. Congressional approval ratings are at an all time low throughout the entire country. It is a Republican controlled congress.

So in response this, the the electorate in their infinite wisdom decide that yes, electing more Republicans to the house And giving them the Senate too is a good idea that will make things better.

The party with the presidency always loses seats in the midterm election barring poo poo like WWII or 9/11.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Exactly as expected. Republicans will take the Senate with 52 or 53 seats.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shear Modulus posted:

gently caress cnn

Yep, gently caress em real good.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

If warner wins it's not too bad. But not great either. Basically as predicted. I still think there's a good chance Begich wins Alaska.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

axeil posted:

Depends on the margin. If its 51-49 then the Dems take it but if the GOP gets to 53 or 54 it's a lot trickier. The only 2 likely D pickups right now are PA and IL and PA might stick with Toomey.

dammit I was feeling good about Corbett losing why did you have to remind me that Toomey is still Senator. :suicide:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

About as expected.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Alexzandvar posted:

Florida ... don't gently caress me on this
You've tapped the deepest well of disappointment that I can think of.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
paging forums user chris christie to #poligoon

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hope you like shutdowns, and broken debt ceilings friend!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

cnn let him go the second zucker took over

wasnt that the moron who brough back crossfire, the shittiest show in the world, for like 6 months

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:911: god bless America, land that I'm fond of but endlessly frustrated with

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Well, the budget deficit is probably gonna go down since no spending bills will pass for the next two years :smithicide:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

god drat america

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's all the other guys that are bums that need to be thrown out. My representative(only if I voted for them of course) is the real deal and trying to enact change.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Every Republican runs on fighting the bureaucrats in Washington. They can somehow run as anti-establishment despite being The Establishment.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

If Warner pulls it out and wins, it's really not looking that awful. The expectation is 52 or 53 republican senate seats, which is on track at the moment.

I mean it's still bad but given the electoral map and Democrats being morons at campaigning, it could be so much worse.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

The thread told me to give myself alcohol poisoning.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Glumslinger posted:

Well, the budget deficit is probably gonna go down since no bills will pass for the next two years :smithicide:

Not just spending.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
NYTimes predicting +5 GOP for Colorado senate.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alexzandvar posted:

I go to UCF which is in Orlando, so normally I don't have to be reminded of the lovely things about Florida. But reelecting Rick Scott jesus gently caress Florida :suicide:

Try living in Fort Myers. :v: My local government is decided and controlled by retirees from Michigan and Ohio.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Face down in an ice cream cake

did he find the baby jesus

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You have your finger on the pulse of the American electorate.

Unfortunately it is a zombie.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
i cant believe joni ernst is going to win jesus christ

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People generally think THEIR representative is fine and the problem with "Congress" is everyone else's representatives.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

uncurable mlady posted:

paging forums user chris christie to #poligoon

Ugh. That thing moves too fast. Is the crowd lighter this year since it's not a POTUS election???

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Fla can put weed on the ballot in 2016 right?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

uhhhhh the demoncrats control the senate if we could just kick them out we could get things done

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

we're masochists

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Its the principle of the loving thing. This loving state circle jerks itself about being "independent" and non partisan and thus always elects a loving Republican into a position of power FOR NO loving REASON.

Because we refuse to be labeled, and it's basically "A single position of power which is countered by every single other position of power". We got functional universal health coverage under a Republican governor, it doesn't mean poo poo.

We've decided to cut the poo poo and finally murder the world. Hope you can process massive amounts of radiation, rest of the world, we are burning this poo poo to the ground.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

i cant believe joni ernst is going to win jesus christ

She'll cruise to re-election in 2020 when she can point to the fact that she kept the UN from banning golf courses during her tenure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Well, the budget deficit is probably gonna go down since no spending bills will pass for the next two years :smithicide:

During the last shutdown I only lost a couple weeks of work :smithicide:

• Locked thread