Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

vuohi posted:

I am definitely pleased with the amount of new poo poo they added to the game. I guess knowing the old game inside out does help some though, because I killed mom on my first run and the cathedral boss on my second.

How did you get to the Cathedral on your second run? Spawn a God room after Mom's Heart? I haven't even seen a God Room yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

vuohi posted:

I am definitely pleased with the amount of new poo poo they added to the game. I guess knowing the old game inside out does help some though, because I killed mom on my first run and the cathedral boss on my second.

Yeah, knowing the first game definitely helps. About half of the game is the same afterall.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
So here's a fun combination. Grab the empty bottle and the broken remote and you've got infinite teleports. I used that to cheese the womb and get the mama's boy achievement by teleporting until I was near/in the boss room. Of course, having The Technology + Spoon Bender + A few damage up items helped tremendously.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Man Azazel is fun as hell, just a totally different game than running around with Isaac. Mini-brim is great in that it guarantees you already do enough damage to kill bosses/enemies quickly, but makes you work for it.

Best part, I managed to unlock Maggy with him :psyduck: Ended up getting like 5 heart container powerups from various judgment babies that I kept running into.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Who was I kidding, not even Hardmode Satan could stand against the power of pure cat. I never actually beat this guy in the original. :v:

Anyway, game's a lot of fun and has worked flawlessly for me. Seems to be a lot more variety this time around, and hardmode should keep it pretty challenging too. Can definitely see myself sinking a lot of hours into this one.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
Holy poo poo, sorry if it's been mentioned already but that Cat Got Your Tongue challenge run...! You can't shoot tears at all, so Guppy's head, bombs and Guppy's hairball are your only ways to do damage at the start. Also, there's no treasure rooms.

I got the Brimstone baby item in a devil room which let me beat it, but drat. :catstare:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Is there a fix for the game not saving progress at all? I've beaten Mom twice and unlocked 3 or 4 characters but I can't use any of them.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!
I did the really cheap and baby way of beating Mom's Heart with a Bible. :( Oh well, I had no choice, I picked up a 9 Lives by accident and I didn't want to take any chances :v: (And I was lucky to avoid that spray after killing the Heart, don't think Infamy would have been able to block it)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was just on a run where I was at 1 damage until the last floor when I walked into a room with a red dice icon on the map and randomly got like 10 items. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

The Moon Monster posted:

I was just on a run where I was at 1 damage until the last floor when I walked into a room with a red dice icon on the map and randomly got like 10 items. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

Randomizer room. The coolest way to guarantee your lovely run doesn't end lovely.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So apparently you can drop Trinkets by holding Left Control. Who knew?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How does Eden work exactly?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Man I'm super poo poo at this game now, I can barely get far in the depths by the way what's this symbol under my consumable items?"

Turns out I've been playing on hard the entire time :suicide:

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

Broken Cog posted:

You kill Mom's Heart, you get a token. Eden starts with random stats and a couple random items. It's the most legit way to start a game extremely broken, for good or bad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you have the item that lets you hold 2 tarot cards Ctrl lets you switch between them too.

Broken Cog posted:

You start with random stats(but there's a minimum they can't go under), random hair, and 2 random items(but never 2 use items). Every time you kill Mom's Heart you get a token you can use to play Eden once.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Goddamn is that BFF bomb fly not worth the stress. Doubly so if you've got terrible range.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

13/f/cali posted:

How did you get to the Cathedral on your second run? Spawn a God room after Mom's Heart? I haven't even seen a God Room yet.

Exactly like this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I kinda like him, you just gotta pay attention to where he is.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

I kinda like him, you just gotta pay attention to where he is.

Paying attention to where I am and where the enemies are is enough, throwing a third party in the mix is just too much at once.

Godspeed if you can make him work, though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So I had something that kept randomly triggering Unicorn Horn. It wasn't on damage or anything, it just happened all of a sudden. I have no idea which item it was, anyone know?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

HGH posted:

So I had something that kept randomly triggering Unicorn Horn. It wasn't on damage or anything, it just happened all of a sudden. I have no idea which item it was, anyone know?

Taurus.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Well, what the hell. I guess I got lucky with my items because I ravaged my latest run and beat Mom. Is this the part where I keep on playing and find all sorts of crazy stuff?

Also, is there any way to check what items do what on the Items screen? I can look at the items but there's no description.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Ahaha sweet I just found an item that lets me convert soul hearts to red hearts at a 1:1 ratio, oh the ratio gets higher the more red hearts you have. How ridiculous.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 5, 2014

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

Still bummed about wasting a great item combo. Dead Onion made my tears pass through rocks and large, got some great damage up items especially the Contract, got Brother Bobby and Mulligan Baby, some insane attack speed including Cancer, Infamy.

I got a lovely Eden. Everything was one except attack and run, got Tammy's Head and PhD. Ugh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Has there been any known fix for that BEX error people are getting yet?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Eggie posted:

Well, what the hell. I guess I got lucky with my items because I ravaged my latest run and beat Mom. Is this the part where I keep on playing and find all sorts of crazy stuff?

No, this is the part where the game begins. Congrats on beating the tutorial!

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I unlocked maggy by popping a strength card on the mom fight.

Is anyone else getting a ton of devil/angel deals? I had 3 angel rooms last run which netted me.... holy water, the rosary, holy grail, and the bean (thanks judgement. :doh:)

Zeron posted:

Ahaha sweet I just found an item that lets me convert soul hearts to red hearts at a 1:1 ratio, oh the ratio gets higher the more red hearts you have. How ridiculous.
Yeah I just had my first death on Satan and probably could have won if I hadn't dumped those precious spirit hearts away earlier.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It's probably been asked a billion times but can I swap out the music files somehow? I just can't get used to this new music (and larger rooms, and the weird map) ahh maybe I just need 20 hours in first...

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why does everyone else get fun items and I'm stuck over here with loving Telepathy For Dummies.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Catastrophics posted:

Holy poo poo, sorry if it's been mentioned already but that Cat Got Your Tongue challenge run...! You can't shoot tears at all, so Guppy's head, bombs and Guppy's hairball are your only ways to do damage at the start. Also, there's no treasure rooms.

I got the Brimstone baby item in a devil room which let me beat it, but drat. :catstare:

Pffffft, that's nothing. Wait until you unlock Solar System. You will PINE for the days of having Guppy's Hairball. You're blindfolded and flying with a bunch of fly orbitals (two Best Friends, a Distant Admirer, and Forever Alone). I made it to Depths 2 on my first try, but holy hell is it an exercise in frustration.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

ZearothK posted:

No, this is the part where the game begins. Congrats on beating the tutorial!

I have 87 hours on the original, that doesn't even compare to I bet half of the folks here. :v:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Disappointed that parasite and brimstone don't work together.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Sanctum posted:

I unlocked maggy by popping a strength card on the mom fight.

Is anyone else getting a ton of devil/angel deals? I had 3 angel rooms last run which netted me.... holy water, the rosary, holy grail, and the bean (thanks judgement. :doh:)

Yeah I just had my first death on Satan and probably could have won if I hadn't dumped those precious spirit hearts away earlier.

I found Guppy's Paw on Womb 2 too, giving me essentially infinite health for that floor. It was pretty great.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
First run finished, Womb and a bunch of other stuff unlocked. Headless Baby familiar that leaves creep and Infested Baby familiar that spawns endless blue flies both own bones. Infamy was a fun surprise in a locked chest right before Mom.

This game is dark. I need to turn up the gamma to spare my eyes.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Pffffft, that's nothing. Wait until you unlock Solar System. You will PINE for the days of having Guppy's Hairball. You're blindfolded and flying with a bunch of fly orbitals (two Best Friends, a Distant Admirer, and Forever Alone). I made it to Depths 2 on my first try, but holy hell is it an exercise in frustration.

Okay, that definitely knocks the guppy one out of the water. Does it at least end at the Mom fight?

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
I crash on startup on every boot. The crash log just says this:

timeBeginPeriod( 1 )
Framebuffer ID: 1
Caught exception, writing minidump...

Any ideas? Already restarted, reinstalled, etc.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Be really loving careful about using the D10 against Gemini while they're still connected if you don't have any other items. :gibs:

I figured this out a bit earlier.

While fighting Double Gemini.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Catastrophics posted:

Okay, that definitely knocks the guppy one out of the water. Does it at least end at the Mom fight?

Ahahaha noooope.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is there any way to make the game a little bigger without full screening it? I don't like playing on the like 800x600 that it defaults to but I don't want to go all the way up to fullscreen because I have two monitors and fullscreen messes with my other monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha, I just picked up a gimp mask. What the gently caress