Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

ABC and FOX call WI Gov race for Walker. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pastrymancy posted:

Dems crumple like a paper bag, GOP fills said bag with bullshit and sets it aflame on Obama's doorstep for the next two years

Fixed that for you.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Malloy better win in CT cuz he wants to bring the Whalers back

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

fknlo posted:

I'm excited to see what the Republican Senate is able to get through with a slight majority after all of the bills the Democrats were able to get through with a slight majority.

It'll get better with McConnell pushing for filibuster reform :unsmigghh:

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

Alexzandvar posted:

I'm so glad I can get out of my scholarship on medical grounds if new GOP controlled congress starts a war, all those poor bastard's about to commission.

congress can't start a war :ssh:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

vyelkin posted:

If there's one comfort in all this it's that the Republicans are getting in a big win in a year when they can't win the presidency, and Obama can veto everything they pass. And maybe just maybe Americans will see all the regressive poo poo they try and push through and will dislike at least some of it.

Have you seen our media? They were acting like "both sides are to blame equally" over the shutdown and literally everything over the past few years.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

New Division posted:

I can totally see Obama agreeing to Keystone in a burst of "bipartisanship"

Keystone pipeline is a good idea, deal with it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pastrymancy posted:

Dems crumple like a paper bag, GOP bullshit ensues

I used "fold like a card table" in one of these threads earlier.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

0.15% difference between Warner and Gillespie

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

New Division posted:

I can totally see Obama agreeing to Keystone in a burst of "bipartisanship"
The thing is that the Nebraska lawsuit has to worm its way through the courts, so Obama has an excuse to not do it.

So he's totally going to do what he really wants to do.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

vyelkin posted:

If there's one comfort in all this it's that the Republicans are getting in a big win in a year when they can't win the presidency, and Obama can veto everything they pass. And maybe just maybe Americans will see all the regressive poo poo they try and push through and will dislike at least some of it.

lol I wish I was getting high with you bro.

Caros
May 14, 2008

oshuaj posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people? The idea that he gets re-elected is just insane. :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

vyelkin posted:

Nope, if the economy improves, they'll thank the republican congress. If it gets worse, they'll blame Obama

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away

oshuaj posted:

The gently caress? It seems way too early for that.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

vyelkin posted:

Counterpoint: We're stupid

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TotalHell posted:

The answer is "plenty, while the Democrats cower in fear."

B-but they might call us liberals!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

4 more years of this

I've been considering moving to Guam.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alexzandvar posted:

I'm so glad I can get out of my scholarship on medical grounds if new GOP controlled congress starts a war, all those poor bastard's about to commission.

Uh even if the GOP declares war (which isn't a thing that happens any more) Obama still has to actually go along with it.

...which might actually be a valid concern.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It'll get better with McConnell pushing for filibuster reform :unsmigghh:

Would they be dumb not to do this if they pick up enough to make it really hard for the dems to get it back in 2 years?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Yeah, the guy who has been desperate to rise above partisanship his entire presidency is going to veto bills that would make him look bipartisan. You nailed it.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

vyelkin posted:

and Obama can veto everything they pass.

Get ready for a "grand" bargain where Obama concedes to like 80% of their demands and then calls it a bipartisan victory.

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.

queertea posted:

The gently caress? It seems way too early for that.

this state is full of dumb idiotic shitheads they could have called it 90 minutes ago

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Jesus christ is that actually him?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I think a lot is going to be read into Mark Udall running strongly on social issues to the neglect of anything else. It's simultaneously a legitimate point and something that the DC establishment is probably going to read too much into.

Good news for the NSA I guess :suicide:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Caros posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people? The idea that he gets re-elected is just insane. :(

Don't blame me. I voted for Burke.

e: Mary, just to clarify.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

Keystone pipeline is a good idea, deal with it.

Un till it goes like deep water horizon

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Axetrain posted:

For a war they are still gonna need the CIC to be on board.

king salmon posted:

congress can't start a war :ssh:

The great compromise can be anything and everything.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

fknlo posted:

Would they be dumb not to do this if they pick up enough to make it really hard for the dems to get it back in 2 years?

I don't think they will do it unless they get all 3 branches in 2016. There's no reason to do it now, even if they get 54/55 seats (which look likely).

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
GOP Takeover 2 Electric Boogaloo - More poo poo That Doesn't Get Done in the Federal Government

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Have you seen our media? They were acting like "both sides are to blame equally" over the shutdown and literally everything over the past few years.

media run by the oligarchy wants to ensure political gridlock continues, thus increasing power of the oligarchy, news at 11.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, the horribly corrupt Democrat (it is Rhode Island, after all) won the Governor's race, thanks largely to a quixotic campaign by third party candidate Robert Healey whose manifesto was titled If I Were King of the Forest and who received 22% of the vote.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Axetrain posted:

Get ready for a "grand" bargain where Obama concedes to like 80% of their demands and then calls it a bipartisan victory.

Only 80%? That really IS a grand bargain.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Warner is up 3,000 votes with 99% reporting. Does VA do mandatory recounts?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

axeil posted:

media run by the oligarchy wants to ensure political gridlock continues, thus increasing power of the oligarchy, news at 11.

That was the worst loving Bond movie

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Winkie01 posted:

lol I wish I was getting high with you bro.

He's exactly right. Republicans won't get poo poo.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

Hey, that thing that always happens in Virginia with Fairfax County, happened.

You're welcome :smug:

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Hagan still trending towards losing, now predicted to lose -0.1 on NYTimes. She makes it 54-46?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I hate how much I'd have to drink to actually get drunk.

But I need to go to my job tomorrow.

Someone hold me.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Jesus christ is that actually him?
No, Scott's not nearly as charismatic human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, the horribly corrupt Democrat (it is Rhode Island, after all) won the Governor's race, thanks largely to a quixotic campaign by third party candidate Robert Healey whose manifesto was titled If I Were King of the Forest and who received 22% of the vote.

Raimondo, right?

• Locked thread