Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

penis bandana posted:

The netcode seems about on par with all of the other cod games, but as you're well aware the gap between a good/bad connection for me is probably much narrower than for some people. I have had a couple matches where I felt absolutely loving helpless, not able to win anything one-on-one, even though on my end I was registering 4-6 hitmarkers. The vast majority of matches have been pretty fair by my standards, and in some past CoD titles the connections eventually improved significantly for me as they tweaked stuff; maybe this will happen for AW, maybe not. Could be like Blops 2 and hate me forever/ actually get worse.

u should post speedtest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Who's this guy?

BELT must've posted that. I've never talked that much in my life.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

sba posted:

u should post speedtest

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

venutolo posted:

Don't get the game. You'll hate it.

Yeah, the behavior seems inconsistent and buggy.

:( really? Why?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I've unlocked many items in the game so far, I'm level 30 and played a lot of matches. I'm not the best but I do pretty well, my question is are there specific criteria for unlocking the more unique Exo suits I saw in some ign videos or wherever?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Okay I am really liking the game now that I'm getting used to the boosting and stuff. Every other console FPS, accidentally clicking sticks always gets me killed but there's finally a game where it actually HELPS me. Even little things like being able to grab a tag and then immediately boosting backwards to not get shot makes a huge difference. I am also going to go against the grain and say the TTK is fine. They managed to give COD an arena shooter feel in just the right ways and I approve.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

What state is that? Kansas?

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

It sounds like a weaker than average COD game that people really want to like since Ghosts sucked, a lot of us sat out Blops 2 entirely because of the abysmal net code and Titanfall was a $15 arcade game with a $60 price tag

Re: Macy's, in that case I actually thought Ghosts had pretty good connectivity, it was just a lovely game

And re: Belt, you know I like you buddy ;)

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

It sounds like a weaker than average COD game that people really want to like since Ghosts sucked, a lot of us sat out Blops 2 entirely because of the abysmal net code and Titanfall was a $15 arcade game with a $60 price tag

Difficult to say like 2 days in. I'd say above average, but the average is kinda lovely even if I forget about Ghosts and Blops 2 (neither of which I really played long enough to hate).

dreffen posted:

Nebrahoma

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

dreffen posted:

Wyoming.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Goddamn rocket boosting around blasting people in the face with akimbo vectors is extremely my poo poo.

People are super oblivious to what's above them and now that I've gotten in the habit of just boosting everywhere it's so easy to (literally) get the drop on people.

I've been taking lightweight, overcharge, exo ping, the maphack grenades, and the UAV just to maximize my ability to know where everyone is while zipping around the map.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Wyoming.

Ahaha you should have left it at Montana.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I thought I was looking higher. :ughh:

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
This game is horrendous. CS:S launch had better hitboxes. The netcode is horrible.

Umm what else, the input lag in the menu. I was told this was a PC game, it is not.

Speedtest shows I have 64MB/s~ Download; 5.5MB/s~ Upload with 12ms response time.

No other game has issues like this does, my NAT type is open. This game is severely flawed.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bonerstorm posted:

This game is horrendous. CS:S launch had better hitboxes. The netcode is horrible.

Umm what else, the input lag in the menu. I was told this was a PC game, it is not.

Speedtest shows I have 64MB/s~ Download; 5.5MB/s~ Upload with 12ms response time.

No other game has issues like this does, my NAT type is open. This game is severely flawed.

You don't say?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad this is the catch all thread for cod this year because I can laugh at all the pc players this time around.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

penis bandana posted:

Difficult to say like 2 days in. I'd say above average, but the average is kinda lovely even if I forget about Ghosts and Blops 2 (neither of which I really played long enough to hate).

Nebrahoma

Scary!

Flying High
Jan 7, 2010
drat, I haven't posted on SA in for ever, but, I want to try to get back in the game series that got to play with the goons, I am on Xbox 360, my GT is Zerms! I am on right now!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

bonerstorm posted:

Have you tried purchasing an Xbox One or a Playstation 4?
Try that and see if it fixes your issues. Report back and let me know what happens.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
:lol: at people playing CoD games on PC

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'm gonna grab some food and jump back on in a hour. boys assemble.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feenix posted:

I've unlocked many items in the game so far, I'm level 30 and played a lot of matches. I'm not the best but I do pretty well, my question is are there specific criteria for unlocking the more unique Exo suits I saw in some ign videos or wherever?

Except for preorder and Dew, they seem to be random.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Mustang posted:

:lol: at people playing CoD games on PC

Only way to play 1440p. :pcgaming:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

afkmacro posted:

Only way to play 1440p. :pcgaming:

somebody post those pc texture pics again

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Goddamn rocket boosting around blasting people in the face with akimbo vectors is extremely my poo poo.

People are super oblivious to what's above them and now that I've gotten in the habit of just boosting everywhere it's so easy to (literally) get the drop on people.

I've been taking lightweight, overcharge, exo ping, the maphack grenades, and the UAV just to maximize my ability to know where everyone is while zipping around the map.
This is my poo poo, thanks for the suggestions. I do the best when I'm flying around doing guerrilla warfare poo poo instead of trying to check my corners or engaging long-range.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Pc player here, working fine for me with no input lag.

how does the supply box system work? I seem to only get them when I am dying a lot.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

WirelessPillow posted:

Pc player here, working fine for me with no input lag.

how does the supply box system work? I seem to only get them when I am dying a lot.

The current consensus is that you get one when you die every three matches played.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

So Icey Seifuku posted:

The current consensus is that you get one when you die every three matches played.

that is incredibly stupid.

Theli
Jan 23, 2002

SORRY ABOUT MY TAINT
Fun Shoe
I keep getting "Lost connection to host/server. Connection timed out" like every other game. I don't think I've been able to play two consecutive games without getting that error during the initial loading screen. NAT Type is Open. I can't seem to find any useful info online. Other than that, the game is running perfectly (on PC).

BobTheSpy
Feb 12, 2012
Er, whut? The reaction from most of the internet actually seems pretty drat positive, and I come in here, and the goons are bitching like CRAZY. Is it truly justified

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BobTheSpy posted:

Er, whut? The reaction from most of the internet actually seems pretty drat positive, and I come in here, and the goons are bitching like CRAZY. Is it truly justified

I think it's p good. It's actually one of the few games I'm glad I bought this year

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

BobTheSpy posted:

Take goon opinion, x1.4 and you achieve actual opinion. Goons are retarded nerds this game is worth $65.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
The game runs at 70 fps and then loses 10 frames every time I turn a few degrees. NEAT

If there is some easy way to fix this, let me know. I am pretty sure my 660ti can handle this.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

VelociBacon posted:

Take goon opinion, x1.4 and you achieve actual opinion. Goons are retarded nerds this game is worth $65.

I miss stopping power too :(

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
How the hell do you activate those level defenses like the overhead turrets and poo poo?

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Megafunk posted:

The game runs at 70 fps and then loses 10 frames every time I turn a few degrees. NEAT

If there is some easy way to fix this, let me know. I am pretty sure my 660ti can handle this.

Post your specs

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

keyframe posted:

How the hell do you activate those level defenses like the overhead turrets and poo poo?

Random chance from a care package.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

penis bandana posted:

The sound could be amazing if the announcer dude would shut the gently caress up and they got rid of the noise that accompanies earning a medal or whatever. It's seriously like a loving Transformers movie at the theater but all of the viewers are also yelling and the projectionist is narrating the film via a 300 dB intercom system.
You can turn that off in the audio options btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Seriously? Well that's pretty cool.

• Locked thread