Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

queertea posted:

A-- are we turning into Michigan? :ohdear:

Welcome to the midterms :toot:

EDIT:

ComradeCosmobot posted:

No, because Michigan elected a second Democratic senator tonight and you have Ron Johnson.

Also this.

VV and this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

queertea posted:

A-- are we turning into Michigan? :ohdear:

Turning?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Corey Booker looks so psyched at the spector of a Republican Senate.

Pro: It's two years.

Con: Congressional shitshow. Appropriations (Infrastructure, Science, Welfare) cut or severely cut. Hearings. Keystone pipeline going through. Drilling en masse. Obamacare reductions in return for functioning government. Government shutdowns. Potential default.

Pro: We'll all probably still be alive in two years.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
At this point, the only salvaging moment of tonight will that Hilary's laugh of victory on Election Night 2016 will be particularly shrill on Republicans' ears.

But North Carolina is probably going to Tillis despite a fairly even amount of ad production, and that's really disheartening.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Joementum posted:

In case you were holding out hope for some reason, it's basically impossible for the Democrats to hold the Senate.

Say it ain't so, Joe! They just need to win North Carolina, Iowa, Louisiana, and the state that voted for Sarah Palin.

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.

Von Sloneker posted:

According to Glenn Beck, whose live election thing I checked into briefly earlier, NOW THE MASK COMES OFF AND OBAMA BECOMES THE REEEEEEEEAAAAL RADICAL.

I loving wish

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Shageletic posted:

Listen to the loving optimist here.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

Con: Congressional shitshow. Appropriations (Infrastructure, Science, Welfare) cut or severely cut. Hearings. Keystone pipeline going through. Drilling en masse. Obamacare reductions in return for functioning government. Government shutdowns. Potential default.

Con: Voters won't hold republicans accountable for anything.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What's amendment 1 in Tennessee?

Opening the floodgates for banning abortion with no limitations or extenuating circumstances of any kind.

http://ballotpedia.org/Tennessee_Legislative_Powers_Regarding_Abortion,_Amendment_1_%282014%29#Election_results

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
So far tonight the only Senate races which went the other direction of the 2012 Presidential are Maine and Colorado.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I should have donated more :(

Then again, the DNC would have probably hosed it up

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

New Division posted:

Obama should just go on permanent vacation and leave the trusty Joe Biden to run out the next two years

He'll need to stick around to veto a repeal of Obamacare at least every other day. And probably a host of other horrible things.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Looks like amendment 1 is gonna pass. :smith: Tennessee...

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Box posted:

Opening the floodgates for banning abortion with no limitations or extenuating circumstances of any kind.

http://ballotpedia.org/Tennessee_Legislative_Powers_Regarding_Abortion,_Amendment_1_%282014%29#Election_results

This is how Roe v. Wade is overturned 5/4.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
America if you decide to self destruct please do it while I'm studying abroad or deployed tia.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

How are u posted:

Tonight sucks and is bullshit. gently caress

emptyquote

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Jealous Cow posted:

No. The SC has rejected multiple abortion test cases just this year.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Joementum posted:

So far tonight the only Senate races which went the other direction of the 2012 Presidential are Maine and Colorado.

Iowa!

edit: And I wouldn't put LA out of reach either. The main albatross around Landrieu's neck was going to be a vote for her being a vote for Harry Reid. That looks exceptionally unlikely to be the case now.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

How are u posted:

Tonight sucks and is bullshit. gently caress

spoon0042 posted:

emptyquote

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Jealous Cow posted:

Its what they're aiming for, yeah. Get your gay abortions while you still can.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

size1one posted:

He'll need to stick around to veto a repeal of Obamacare at least every other day. And probably a host of other horrible things.

I imagine Cruz has articles of impeachment already drafted and uses them as his spank bank on a nightly basis.

The 114th won't have been seated for 36 hours before they start talking impeachment.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Cheesemaster200 posted:

So you would rather have had the GOP retain complete control of the legislature over the past four years? It would probably have ended a lot of the current gridlock in Washington, but probably not in the way you would like.

I consider the system with the Senate pretty unfair, so if that problem was fixed and it resulted in a more GOP-controlled Congress I'd hate it but then it'd at least be more fair and representative of the population. I felt the same way about the redistricting commission in California when it looked like that it'd probably lessen Dem power and give more seats to the GOP (of course, the didn't end up being the case). I despise gerrymandering.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I live in a state that has now elected a guy that oversaw the deaths of old ladies. And I live in a country that's probably dumb enough to elect him president.

Rauner/Satan 2016: Accelerate harder.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
Well at least the Democrats can just filibuster legislation they don't like in the Senate, right?

quote:

I consider the system with the Senate pretty unfair, so if that problem was fixed and it resulted in a more GOP-controlled Congress I'd hate it but then it'd at least be more fair and representative of the population. I felt the same way about the redistricting commission in California when it looked like that it'd probably lessen Dem power and give more seats to the GOP (of course, the didn't end up being the case). I despise gerrymandering.
I live in Maryland and the Democrats do it (gerrymandering) equally as ruthless and effectively. It isn't just a GOP tool.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Jealous Cow posted:

Possibly. But personhood lost in both ND and CO, and that's the most promising attack.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Joementum posted:

Thanks for the coverage Joe.

Talk to you guys again in two years when we pretend this never happened.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

The Glumslinger posted:

I should have donated more :(

Then again, the DNC would have probably hosed it up

Of course they would have.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Timby posted:

I imagine Cruz has articles of impeachment already drafted and uses them as his spank bank on a nightly basis.

The 114th won't have been seated for 36 hours before they start talking impeachment.

They've already started.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Well at least the Democrats can just filibuster legislation they don't like in the Senate, right?

Oh my sweet, summer child

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only good thing to come out of tonight is Obama is going to be impeached and the most powerful man in the free world is going to be Joe Biden.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Looks like Hogan is going to beat Brown in MD. Too late to drink properly. The gloating tomorrow is going to be blood boiling.

TinFoilJoy
Oct 15, 2012

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Wouldn't they need to grow a spine for that?

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.

Needs More Ditka posted:

I live in a state that has now elected a guy that oversaw the deaths of old ladies. And I live in a country that's probably dumb enough to elect him president.

Rauner/Satan 2016: Accelerate harder.

Walker/anybody is worse than that and also actually could happen

fuckkkkkk

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Timby posted:

He'll need to get the Tea Party Caucus to introduce it though. (Senate doesn't file articles of impeachment)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Alexzandvar posted:

The only good thing to come out of tonight is Obama is going to be impeached and the most powerful man in the free world is going to be Joe Biden.

They'll impeach a few days later

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If you want to know why Democrats don't run robustly on single payer healthcare, look at the VT Gubernatorial returns tonight.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Shageletic posted:

"Probably" says the optimist.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Talmonis posted:

Looks like Hogan is going to beat Brown in MD. Too late to drink properly. The gloating tomorrow is going to be blood boiling.

Drink for the rest of us.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

spoon0042 posted:

emptyquote

seriously how goddamn bad is Corbett that he's one of the few to lose tonight

lol USA chant at some local rep victory party. and let's eliminate property taxes! yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Are there and dems with billions to piss away like Koch/ Aldeson sorry but this high road poo poo doesn't work you need to get in the ring and beat these fucks at there own game.

• Locked thread