Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Mexican Radio posted:

Marijuana legalization in Oregon up 56/43 with 50% reporting.

not helping still drink

Wouldn't a bong rip of "medicine" would be more appropriate? :drugnerd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
drat, NYT called Kansas for Roberts :(

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Just change them back before January? That will go over well.

It's not the rules themselves that matter. It's the precedent. That and the fact that undoing the rules changes would actually be harder than putting them into place as putting them into place was possible with a simple majority only because it was the start of a new Congress. You'd need 60 to undo them, and good luck with that.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
Roughly 400k more votes to be reported for Illinois. Rauner ahead by 140k. Seems to be getting more certain now, unless Quinn can win by 30k votes like last time.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Stutes posted:

There should be some Hawkeye vodka there.

Even I have some shame.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Call me a rear end in a top hat but I am hoping as McConnell walks up to take the leadership he drops dead of a heart attack

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Are these establishment guys getting elected and will we have a lockstep majority in the Senate? (lol like theres any other kind)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

Roughly 400k more votes to be reported for Illinois. Rauner ahead by 140k. Seems to be getting more certain now, unless Quinn can win by 30k votes like last time.

the AP just called it for Rauner.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Mark Dayton won re-election for MN governor pretty much on the legs of Minneapolis/St. Paul voter base. It's pretty great if only because his opponent's main argument was that Dayton only caters to the metro and doesn't do poo poo for rural Minnesota.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Winkie01 posted:

Call me a rear end in a top hat but I am hoping as McConnell walks up to take the leadership he drops dead of a heart attack

Yeah don't do that

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
The world is broken. All I can hope for now is that we voted to actually tax the mining industry and tnat we get a sherriff who's worth a poo poo.

I live in Nevada and I can't even get any decent libertarians to vote for, and I hate libertarians.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Amused to Death posted:

How the gently caress did Scott Brown do so well in New Hampshire. New England, get your poo poo together. We're supposed to be the non poo poo part of the country

conservative ideology is creeping into every part of the united states and the world beyond

dig a hole and hide in it because there's nowhere left to run

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah don't do that

gently caress that, the guy wants to make sure hundreds of thousands of people lose access to health insurance. I hope he has a stroke and lingers on for years in pain.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Anthony Brown isn't the most likeable guy, but good god please don't let Hogan win. He ruined the schools in PG County :(

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Well, everything but 40% of Anne Arundel counted for Hogan in MD. Still have 64% of Montgomery Co., 35% of Howard Co., 40% of Baltimore City, 28% of Charles County and 29% of PG County to close the gap.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

DangerKat posted:

Mark Dayton won re-election for MN governor pretty much on the legs of Minneapolis/St. Paul voter base. It's pretty great if only because his opponent's main argument was that Dayton only caters to the metro and doesn't do poo poo for rural Minnesota.

According to google's county map Dayton has won nearly the entire state. (at 56% reporting)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Oxxidation posted:

conservative ideology is creeping into every part of the united states and the world beyond

dig a hole and hide in it because there's nowhere left to run

I'm just gonna hide in California as it keeps getting more liberal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hey so My Imaginary Girlfriend says he's doing some super secret campaign thing so he won't respond to this. Did D&D decide whether he was actually some Democrat apparatchik like he says he is or is he full of poo poo?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ernst wins Iowa:negative:

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Republicans officially at 52 seats, with VA, LA and AK left to be determined.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Willa Rogers posted:

He's winning 46 percent of Cook County.

(eta: And that's the only county in the state he's losing.)

how

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If the Republicans get into the 54 or 55 range in Senate seats tonight, I strongly doubt the Democrats have a reasonable path to retaking the Senate in 2016.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Obese FYAD Reject posted:

Anthony Brown isn't the most likeable guy, but good god please don't let Hogan win. He ruined the schools in PG County :(

poo poo, we literally moved to Montgomery County for the schools.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The Glumslinger posted:

On the other hand, prop 45 is going down 39-61, so it's not THAT great.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
Koch bros...I mean Tillis just got NC. Voters get what they deserve.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
According to the Oregonian, legalization has passed in Oregon. :toot:

It doesn't help the bulk of Election Day, but I'll take it as a consolation prize.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Man, some days not drinking is a terrible hardship.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Well I'm already hammered and trying to hit up Tinder for other sad Utah democrats. It's not the end of the world. Let's watch Republicans try and govern without pissing off all the women.

*Edit* Like literally all the women. It's going to happen. (Also god drat we should have elected Hillary in 2008. Damnit Obama why did you not have a spine!)

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
going by total votes currently with the reporting % number, turnout is down several points in CT, which is not good.

52 seats!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

hey so My Imaginary Girlfriend says he's doing some super secret campaign thing so he won't respond to this. Did D&D decide whether he was actually some Democrat apparatchik like he says he is or is he full of poo poo?

smart money says the guy's either a liar or schizo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Plus we are 51.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
MSNBC calls the Senate for the Republicans.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
what a loving bloodbath. and i have to stop drinking now. damnit

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

CrumFUNist! posted:

VA likely going dem, so it's gonna be 53-4 seats. Not as bad as it could have been.

I think the governor races turned out far more disastrous for the dems. Maine, IL, and FL were all winnable. WI and MI were longshots but also lost.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

CrumFUNist! posted:

So, most likely they will end up with 54 seats if they get the favored states of LA and AK.

They outpeformed my expectations a bit. I thought Hagan would hang on.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

what a loving bloodbath. and i have to stop drinking now. damnit

I did not have nearly enough loving booze for this. What the gently caress USA, what in the actual gently caress.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Glumslinger posted:

My district in San Diego looks like it will lose its Dem incumbent (Peters) to a tea partier (DeMaio). :negative:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Glumslinger posted:

They'll get 15 dems who want to appeal to middle for their next elections

Kill me now

Uh, they couldn't manage that for literally any impeachment in history, why do you think it would succeed now?

Shear Modulus posted:

I've come around to Keystone because the unstoppable force of capitalism means the wells will be drilled no matter what so it makes no difference wrt global warming at all. This has been borne out by the last year or two.

The only difference is that the oil will be easy to put on a boat increasing their fungibility so US gas prices will rise which im ambivalent about.

Dude, the oil wells were drilled and went into production years ago.

DriveC posted:

Maybe someone will come with some study or something to contradict me but I have to imagine that political advertising has one of the worst conversion rates of literally any form of marketing for any product ever. Might as well shovel the money into a giant hole.

Yeah this is why it was hilarious that people whine about Citizens United so much.

Amused to Death posted:

How the gently caress did Scott Brown do so well in New Hampshire. New England, get your poo poo together. We're supposed to be the non poo poo part of the country

Because New Hampshire is half full of massholes who fear taxes.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Blorange posted:

According to google's county map Dayton has won nearly the entire state. (at 56% reporting)

That is definitely not accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Oxxidation posted:

smart money says the guy's either a liar or schizo

Then again, I can't think of very many honest politicians and politicos.

• Locked thread