Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

The Dutch revolting is driving me out of my mind. I don't want to wait until 1650 for this poo poo to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

DICKHEAD posted:

The Dutch revolting is driving me out of my mind. I don't want to wait until 1650 for this poo poo to stop.

Relocate your capital to Netherlands and it will stop. You can move it back after 1650.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
i lust for death

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Disco Infiva posted:

Relocate your capital to Netherlands and it will stop. You can move it back after 1650.

lol

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Don't really want to move my capital to a province that close to all of my continental enemies though

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Disco Infiva posted:

*moves capital right in the center of revolt* actually Austria is extremely good

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lol qne

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I'm Great Britain but i just grabbed a ton of dutch crap through vassalizing and taking stuff from Burgundy. Trying to stay continental as the UK is fun because your manpower is total poo poo. I'd like to take admin or something for cheaper mercs but uh... I dunno I got too many other ideas I want to take more.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Here's a tip: set colonial subjects to aggressive ai and they'll go wild in any war taking colonies of your enemies

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh lol. If you accept the dutch patriots all you do is lose 10 prestige. 1650 doesn't seem so far away now.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Average Bear posted:

*moves capital right in the center of revolt* actually Austria is extremely good

Paradox.txt

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

you also seem to get all of the rebel infantry to defect to you when you accept?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wow...the Japan node is very bad. I can't even think where to move my trade port because of how janky the paths are.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Girin (Manchuria/Eastern Siberia) is an originating node. It has a branch that runs through Nippon (Japan + a few random provinces) into Hangzhou, which flows into Beijing among other places and from there towards Yumen. Personally I'd dump a shitload of light ships onto Beijing and Collect Trade there, while siphoning all the value out of Hangzhou towards Beijing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ok i checked the hoi4 dev diaries and now im super hype

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just noticed that Alodia (Nubian nation) somehow got Nubian culture rebels. So now the rebels are just chilling in Alodian territory, hostile-as-gently caress but preventing actual rebels who can siege and enforce demands from spawning. Once and a while Alodia goes ahead and fucks up a stack, but the AI is retarded and is taking literal decades to do this.

If I didn't need them as a buffer against the Mamluks it'd be even funnier :negative:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I like that Byz has lost their cores outside of mainland greece.. Before, all you needed to do was win the first war and then boom, you could just run over Venice for your remaining Cores and then with the old rebel system you probably get knights, cyprus and crete for free and that was enough to get a fairly large edge against the Ottomans. Now you gotta fight tooth and nail for every little piece of territory.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Austria has to be, pound for pound, the worst great power ally. First, they'll call you into every single retarded war they get into, often against your allies. 2nd, they will cockblcok you from warring with HRE members no matter how insignificant. Never mind that we're best friends, let's guard the rando Genoese islands in greece like the HRE depends on it.

Also rage quit tonite becuae I got so used to allies handing over provinces that I didn;t realise that fuckjing Moldavia had a claim on my war goal. I been taking advantage of how good vassals are at forging their own claims and stuff, and now the shoe is on the other foot and I'm piss!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One thing that's consistent in this game is that Poland is the Greatest Ally in the World. Best friend Poland always willing to ally a weakling and protect them, and then remaining steadfast and faithful until the end of the game.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I just noticed that Alodia (Nubian nation) somehow got Nubian culture rebels. So now the rebels are just chilling in Alodian territory, hostile-as-gently caress but preventing actual rebels who can siege and enforce demands from spawning. Once and a while Alodia goes ahead and fucks up a stack, but the AI is retarded and is taking literal decades to do this.

If I didn't need them as a buffer against the Mamluks it'd be even funnier :negative:

yeah that's been fixed in the beta patch

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Poland may not into space... But Poland can into my heart

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

One thing that's consistent in this game is that Poland is the Greatest Ally in the World. Best friend Poland always willing to ally a weakling and protect them, and then remaining steadfast and faithful until the end of the game.

Yeah, Poland owns. Especially if you can catch them before they form the PLC, because then they are somewhat weaker and are easier to ally. Hungary is pretty good too even if they seem to be a little brain damaged in every game. More so than other AI nations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah, Poland owns. Especially if you can catch them before they form the PLC, because then they are somewhat weaker and are easier to ally. Hungary is pretty good too even if they seem to be a little brain damaged in every game. More so than other AI nations.

My opening move as byzantium and Novgorod since the 1st patch has been to butter up Poland until they become my best friend. They're a good ally for anyone in the HRE too, and if you're Brandenburg, they're nice enough to crumble like a paper bag when you smash them with your superior quality troops after they go hostile over Prussian stuff.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i kind of want to do a poland game even though theyre basically smaller russia

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i think eu4 is the only paradox game where i really like playing majors.

Well... Vicky 2 as well I guess

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My opening move as byzantium and Novgorod since the 1st patch has been to butter up Poland until they become my best friend. They're a good ally for anyone in the HRE too, and if you're Brandenburg, they're nice enough to crumble like a paper bag when you smash them with your superior quality troops after they go hostile over Prussian stuff.

The best thing about Poland is just the numbers they bring with them as an ally thanks to the Lithuania PU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DICKHEAD posted:

i think eu4 is the only paradox game where i really like playing majors.

Well... Vicky 2 as well I guess

i like playing minors within majors in ck2 but the point is well taken

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

The best thing about Poland is just the numbers they bring with them as an ally thanks to the Lithuania PU

The worst thing is that they always fall behind in tech and get pwned. Now I think the best leader/tech army takes priority so it's not so bad.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
serves em right for bringing cataphraktoi to a gunfight

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I really like national focus...military all the way in the early game and you can easily a military idea first and keep ahead in tech while you're still weak.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gave up my epic fun Netherlands game because it was such a slog for the first 150 years and I'm too proud to pick a start date where they exist. I tried to convert it to AoW but uh, it was pretty hosed.

So now I'm gonna try that retarded thing where you take an OPM to America, move your capital, and take all the colonist ideas you can so you fill out the whole country and wave your dick around. It's probably way bad now that same continent colonization gives 50% autonomy or whatever. At the same time I can probably vassal feed it all in blocks of 5-6 provinces so that the vassal will push for low autonomy for me.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 6, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What happens if I declare war on someone with the aim of dragging their ally in as a co-belligerent, but one of my allies is the ally of the cobelligerent too. Does the defensive war take precedence? I would check but ironman.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What happens if I declare war on someone with the aim of dragging their ally in as a co-belligerent, but one of my allies is the ally of the cobelligerent too. Does the defensive war take precedence? I would check but ironman.

It seems like they always honor defensive wars first, including when your ally is defender of a different faith. Who knows for sure, though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

It seems like they always honor defensive wars first, including when your ally is defender of a different faith. Who knows for sure, though.

I just went the safe way and left them off cobelligerent. I only wanted one province anyway.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The cool thing about beating down a lucky country, is that the AI tries to get them while they're down and the war drags on forever with the lucky nation just coming back for more and more...unless it's western europe and another lucky country gets even bigger and blobbier.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I guess beating up Ottomans means that Russia is gonna be strong as hell now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was 1.5 techs away from moving to Canada and telling England to suck my Irish balls, but now they invaded. I have two of the Irish minors as marches and France and all of its allies/vassals joined in. France is wasting time decimating Portugal and Calias instead of loving up England and taking my loving country back, though. Thank god I get to stay the war leader.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving Aragorn joined in. Can't wait for Austria to ally someone and make this WW1.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait... Aragon is getting pwned by France, and France has no claims or cores on them, so they are transferring occupation to me... And they are smart enough to land troops in Portugal and England with ships...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Somewhat related, but reaction gifs regarding mapgame topics are probably my favorite.