Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Not that Andrew Cuomo's presidential ambitions weren't tacitly hosed before tonight, but he's certainly not going to clear 60% which is a virtual loss. Thankfully the rest of the nation will be spared from his primary candidacy.

Schneiderman is pulling like 70%+ on the AG ballot, go him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ninjasaurus posted:

She had John Boehner swear her in using a copy of the US Constitution instead of the Bible. :getin:

At least I got to vote for one person I really like who will almost certainly win.

That rules.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Joni herst is pig castrating lady, right?

yup and the one who suggested taking over the government with guns

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011

Sinnlos posted:

Think the Chicago parking meters writ large, but with schools and state pensions. Madigan is shrewd, slimy, but shrewd, and he is the only chance we have now of this state not becoming an utter poo poo hole.

Even better is possible vetos and gridlock. Also Rauner and friends betting against the states insurance bonds again.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Joementum posted:

He's almost certainly not. There are four counties yet to report. Three of those are Democratic, one is in the panhandle.

looking at the returns i'll be fairly close.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Ninjasaurus posted:

She had John Boehner swear her in using a copy of the US Constitution instead of the Bible. :getin:

At least I got to vote for one person I really like who will almost certainly win.
This lady seems like my kind of lady.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

America sucks.

Let's list some countries we would rather live in America than:

1. Iraq
2. Afghanistan
3. Syria
4. Yemen

Go on...
Sealand. Sealand seems nice right now.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Godinster posted:

yup and the one who suggested taking over the government with guns

Also the one they stuffed in a box for the last month and a half of the campaign lest she say something dumb.

I think this is the first time she's been seen in public in like 5 weeks.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

America sucks.

Let's list some countries we would rather live in America than:

1. Iraq
2. Afghanistan
3. Syria
4. Yemen

Go on...

Unironically none. America owns.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

Ted Cruz refuses to say that he'll vote for Mitch to be Majority Leader. Oh my is this going to be a fun couple years.

Ted Cruz for majority leader! Ted Cruz vs Rand Paul vs McCain/Graham slap fights galore.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The people in front of me in the election line for early voting were going on, very loudly, about how they thought that woman in Maine should be "put in the slammer," and can you believe she was "riding a bike," how "irresponsible," she just "wants attention," because one of them was a nurse and therefore knew all about the infectiousness of diseases because apparently they're all the same, and it makes me so thrilled that my state was in their capable, voting hands.

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Lol, did we really just inflict Glenn Grothman on the US House of Representatives? Amazing. At least he won't be wandering around Madison yelling at me to get a job at protests anymore. Even though I have a larger net worth than he does. Idiot fucker.

he's going to do nothing but say dumb things and be totally worthless and get elected in perpetuity AMERICA WOOO :911:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ted Cruz is going to burn the entire Republican party to ash to get majority leader and the nomination in 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Were there ANY good results tonight? jesus christ

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Probably Magic posted:

The people in front of me in the election line for early voting were going on, very loudly, about how they thought that woman in Maine should be "put in the slammer," and can you believe she was "riding a bike," how "irresponsible," she just "wants attention," because one of them was a nurse and therefore knew all about the infectiousness of diseases because apparently they're all the same, and it makes me so thrilled that my state was in their capable, voting hands.

Should've sneezed on them.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Unironically none. America owns.

I'd move to Canada if it was Mexico. I hate cold weather.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Yes, it's much, much closer than it should be, but I'd still be surprised if Brown lost MD Gov.

Local news says he's getting ready to concede.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Don't worry guys the Alabama constitution will have an amendment added to ensure the right to bear arms. Something that is already in the US and Alabama constitutions. gently caress the NRA.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

zakharov posted:

Corbett lost and uhhhh....

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

skaboomizzy posted:

Should've sneezed on them.

My face went red with blood trying not to start screaming at them.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

zakharov posted:

I think Kentucky's legislature went Democrat so at least Rand Paul is having a lovely night.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I haven't watched Colbert in years but he's still pretty on point.

The news media phoning it in 24/7 is pretty low hanging fruit though, is he just half assing it until he starts his new gig?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chadderbox posted:

Ted Cruz for majority leader! Ted Cruz vs Rand Paul vs McCain/Graham slap fights galore.

Graham would actually be a very effective majority leader. It's gonna be Mitch, because too many people owe him, but Graham would be good at it.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Most of the good news is that the Dems narrowly won in VA and NH rather than making this a complete Republican rout.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
lol Mayday PAC got hosed

'Merica

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

More barren than a post-menopausal woman:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Winkie01 posted:

Boy we are hosed.

How do you just not run this as a loving ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3RHnKYNvx8

God do we need you now Frank. :smith:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

zakharov posted:

i'm gettin drunk as poo poo

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Plinkey posted:

Local news says he's getting ready to concede.

http://results.elections.maryland.gov/elections/results_data/index.html

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I hate iowa so much. Any recommendations on states that are not shitholes that are in need of software engineers? So sick of this place, I hope it burns.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

sudo rm -rf posted:

I'd move to Canada if it was Mexico. I hate cold weather.

There once was some talk of Canada annexing the Turks & Caicos Islands. I would emigrate SO FAST.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

zakharov posted:

LEGAL WEED IN OREGON.:350:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Alexzandvar posted:

Ted Cruz is going to burn the entire Republican party to ash to get majority leader and the nomination in 2016

Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
I feel sick. Governor Shitback in Kansas is leading by about 14k, with mostly rural counties left to report.

He's going to destroy my state even more :smith:

I would start drinking if I didn't already feel sick to my stomach. I might throw up even without that.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

Graham would actually be a very effective majority leader. It's gonna be Mitch, because too many people owe him, but Graham would be good at it.

I'm definitely being facetious. Who in the Senate would actually vote for Cruz except himself and maybe a handful of others? Graham has been part of the deal making wing of the party for a while now so I don't doubt at all he'd be effective. On a certain level I'm fascinated to see how the next couple years play out. On another level I'm thinking fascination might be the wrong emotion...

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

More barren than a post-menopausal woman:

hooray the guy with the racist last name got reelected

Caros
May 14, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Corbett lost and uhhhh....

Scottie B got hosed over by his second woman, making him the only person to lose to two separate women for US senate. That is worth something at least.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

Even better is possible vetos and gridlock. Also Rauner and friends betting against the states insurance bonds again.

Rauner wants to do two things: shovel hilarious amounts of money to his pals by eliminating regulations and privatizing everything, and use the Governorship as a launching platform for the Presidency. Gridlock will suck, but it will be better than letting Rauner touch anything.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hate iowa so much. Any recommendations on states that are not shitholes that are in need of software engineers? So sick of this place, I hope it burns.

California can always use more. Always.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

God do we need you now Frank. :smith:

That motherfucker knew how to whip a loving vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

uncurable mlady posted:

Not that Andrew Cuomo's presidential ambitions weren't tacitly hosed before tonight, but he's certainly not going to clear 60% which is a virtual loss. Thankfully the rest of the nation will be spared from his primary candidacy.

Schneiderman is pulling like 70%+ on the AG ballot, go him.

This means absolutely nothing for Cuomo's presidential ambitions hth.

• Locked thread