Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MrSmokes posted:

I feel sick. Governor Shitback in Kansas is leading by about 14k, with mostly rural counties left to report.

He's going to destroy my state even more :smith:

I would start drinking if I didn't already feel sick to my stomach. I might throw up even without that.

Get something starchy to soak up your booze of choice, then go to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hate iowa so much. Any recommendations on states that are not shitholes

the moon

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This getting drunk plan doesn't seem to be helping. I think I need to push on into blackout stage before I can reap the true rewards.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hate iowa so much. Any recommendations on states that are not shitholes that are in need of software engineers? So sick of this place, I hope it burns.

lmfao literally anywhere will hire you, move somewhere you want to be before the bubble pops

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The Royals lose the WS, Roberts is Senator, AND Brownback is gonna be re-elected? A terrible week for Kansas.

I know KC isn't in Kansas

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kay Hagan looks rough giving this concession speech.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hey imma just give a shoutout to 12 dogs of christmas ale. It's pretty delicious and is like drinking a gingerbread cookie. Also, at 18 proof it's enough to continue my buzz.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Does Coakley have a shot of winning or is that just math I do as a Democrat to make myself feel better?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

skaboomizzy posted:

Get something starchy to soak up your booze of choice, then go to town.

Before tonight, I was planning on making a healthy dinner with cabbage and chicken.

Decided to get nachos after the results started to come in

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hate iowa so much. Any recommendations on states that are not shitholes that are in need of software engineers? So sick of this place, I hope it burns.

Oregon, especially now with :420:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I just cracked open a beer called Backwoods Bastard, which is conveniently what I would like to call the entire rest of the state of Wisconsin right now

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Election was called for Walker over a hour ago but Burke is catching up in margin. It's now 52-48. Not gonna happen, but urgh this could have happened.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

That motherfucker knew how to whip a loving vote.

He's the loving Jerry Rice of Potus's

God drat how far this party has fallen.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Scotty Bqhatevwr has officially conceded :toot:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MrSmokes posted:

I feel sick. Governor Shitback in Kansas is leading by about 14k, with mostly rural counties left to report.

He's going to destroy my state even more :smith:

I would start drinking if I didn't already feel sick to my stomach. I might throw up even without that.
How did Brownback get reelected? I thought everyone agreed his experiment in "Republican government" had failed.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please
Oh Please

it's already started, he would have probably been stabbed to death when the lights mysteriously went out if he continued the shutdown.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

OctoberBlues posted:

This getting drunk plan doesn't seem to be helping. I think I need to push on into blackout stage before I can reap the true rewards.

You gotta get to the alcohol poisoning stage to take advantage of Obamacare

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Josh Lyman posted:

How did Brownback get reelected? I thought everyone agreed his experiment in "Republican government" had failed.

People are very stupid.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Buddy Cianci lost

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Winkie01 posted:

i'm gettin drunk as poo poo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Ogmius815 posted:

This means absolutely nothing for Cuomo's presidential ambitions hth.

He might still have them, but it's a complete no-hoper after tonight. No one went out and voted for Andrew Cuomo today, they voted against Astorino or for a Democrat.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

California can always use more. Always.

hope you dont want to get paid anything near fair market value since all the big companies run a hilariously evil wage suppression cartel and got off with a slap on the wrist

Caros
May 14, 2008

Joementum posted:

Scotty Bqhatevwr has officially conceded :toot:

I hope he was a petulant little child about it.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Josh Lyman posted:

how good was his opponent

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Debate & Discussion: We tortured some folks > US Politics November - Accelerationism Alleviates Alcoholism edition

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

my goal is to have a hangover for 2 days. forget about tonight and and start looking forwards to the football games this weekend,

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

Thatta boy!

Getting real loving tired of that nissan commercial. No it is not "so good.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Come on Maddow, tonight is not the time to make a joke about Scott Brown being the only candidate to lose two Senate races to women.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Josh Lyman posted:

How did Brownback get reelected?

He's a Republican who cut taxes.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

glowing-fish posted:

Oregon, especially now with :420:

I have honestly been giving moving to Oregon serious thoughts over the past few years. Honestly, after my grandpa passes away some time I'm the next year from cancer I may actively look for a job there.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Shear Modulus posted:

hope you dont want to get paid anything near fair market value since all the big companies run a hilariously evil wage suppression cartel and got off with a slap on the wrist

Yeah, but hey, it's not Iowa.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Come on Maddow, tonight is not the time to make a joke about Scott Brown being the only candidate to lose two Senate races to women.

But if we don't score points now then when? When?!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Brownback getting re-elected is loving hilarious

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Winkie01 posted:

He's the loving Jerry Rice of Potus's

God drat how far this party has fallen.

For loving real. FDR was not the progressive lion many make him out to be, but he was the greatest politician of this or any age.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Is Colbert going to be any good on this boring late night show nobody under the age of 60 watches that he's taking over

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I turned on the news and there's no reports of mass slayings of right-wing politicians. Why do you continue to let me down America? :smith:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

For loving real. FDR was not the progressive lion many make him out to be, but he was the greatest politician of this or any age.

He is also a super-progressive lion compared to the modern democratic party. Bring back populism :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If you're one of those special snowflakes who refused to vote for Coakley in Massachusetts, kindly go drown yourself in Lake Quinsigamond.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Compared to modern US politicians he might as well have been Premier, also his wife was extremely progressive on womens rights and racial issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I came in thinking that GOP would have the Senate but loving Florida jesus christ I don't think I will even be able to get a erection to masturbate to tonight.

• Locked thread