Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Wow, that was not a hand but can't really blame the ref for getting it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, thats tough, but it looks like he headed it before it would've hit his arm.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
i love how intense this game is

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

looooool that's a bad miss

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
How on earth is that a red though?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
That was never a pen

Divine justice

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Charlotte Hornets posted:

How on earth is that a red though?

If he blocked it with his arm in the penalty box, it's a red. But he didn't.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
drat that's a lot of water on the pitch

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Orion hosed up

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Time for the Weekly Liga MX post, also tonight Mexico's favorite american player Landon Donovan will be playing his last US National team game which will be against Ecuador.

Last week results

Guadalajara 0 - 1 Atlas
Toluca 1 - 1 Puebla
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Cruz Azul 4 - 0 América
Monterrey 1 - 1 Tijuana
Pachuca 2 - 0 Chiapas
Santos Laguna 2 - 2 Morelia
Universidad Guadalajara 1 - 0 Pumas
Veracruz 0 - 1 Tigres UANL
Querétaro 1 - 2 León
Toluca 3 - 1 Guadalajara

This weekend games (all times CST/-5UTC)

Friday, October 17, 2014
7:30 PM
Morelia v Veracruz
9:30 PM
Tijuana v Querétaro

Saturday, October 18, 2014
5:00 PM
América v Monterrey
Puebla v Universidad Guadalajara
7:00 PM
Tigres UANL v Cruz Azul
8:06 PM
León v Guadalajara
9:00 PM
Atlas v Toluca
Chiapas v Santos Laguna

Sunday, October 19, 2014
12:00 PM
Pumas v Pachuca

Current Table

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light

Atlas on top of the table? :aaa:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

SandersPacheco posted:

Atlas on top of the table? :aaa:

Yes, they are the best team in Guadalajara right now. Which isn't hard to do these days since the goats haven't done anything for awhile.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Was busy yesterday and missed the friday night games but here is your weekly Liga MX update.

Last week/yesterday results

Morelia 0 - 1 Veracruz
Tijuana 2 - 1 Querétaro

Guadalajara 0 - 1 Atlas
Toluca 1 - 1 Puebla
Cruz Azul 4 - 0 América
Monterrey 1 - 1 Tijuana
Pachuca 2 - 0 Chiapas
Santos Laguna 2 - 2 Morelia
Universidad Guadalajara 1 - 0 Pumas
Veracruz 0 - 1 Tigres UANL
Querétaro 1 - 2 León

Saturday, October 18, 2014
América v Monterrey
Puebla v Universidad Guadalajara
Tigres UANL v Cruz Azul
León v Guadalajara
Atlas v Toluca
Chiapas v Santos Laguna

Sunday, October 19, 2014
Pumas v Pachuca

Current Table

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Rogerio Ceni scored his 123rd goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SneBDPoAo58

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Doing this a bit early for today since am going to the last game of the season for my local team the Chicago Fire tonight which will be also the last game for long time Fire player Logan Pause who is retiring this season after spending his whole 11 year career with the men in red.

Last week results
Pumas 1 - 1 Pachuca
América 2 - 0 Monterrey
Atlas 0 - 2 Toluca
Chiapas 2 - 0 Santos Laguna
León 2 - 1 Guadalajara
Puebla 1 - 1 Universidad Guadalajara
Tigres UANL 1 - 0 Cruz Azul

Friday, October 24, 2014
Querétaro v América
Santos Laguna v Pumas

Saturday, October 25, 2014
Cruz Azul v Morelia
Veracruz v Chiapas
Monterrey v Tigres UANL
Atlas v Puebla
9:06 PM
Pachuca v Universidad Guadalajara

Sunday, October 26, 2014
1:00 PM
Toluca v León
6:00 PM
Guadalajara v Tijuana

Current Table

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Man, chivas are hot garbage. What happened? Have they been this bad?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

JERFit posted:

Man, chivas are hot garbage. What happened? Have they been this bad?

Dunno really, ever since their new owner bought them and when they built their new stadium they just been crap. I think there is a chance of them become a river plate and getting relegated (still don't know how it works but it involved the last 3 seasons results I think) in the next season or so if they don't get their act together. Anyway it won't get better this week because it's time for the El Classico with a Club América thats on top of the table, time for the weekly post.

Last week result

Guadalajara 3 - 3 Tijuana
Toluca 2 - 3 León
Atlas 2 - 1 Puebla
Cruz Azul 3 - 1 Morelia
Monterrey 2 - 2 Tigres UANL
Pachuca 0 - 0 Universidad Guadalajara
Veracruz 1 - 2 Chiapas
Querétaro 3 - 2 América
Santos Laguna 1 - 1 Pumas

This weekend games (All times CST/-5UTC on Friday and Saturday -6UTC on Sunday because the end of daylight saving time.)

Friday, October 31, 2014
8:30 PM
Morelia v Monterrey
Tijuana v Toluca

Saturday, November 1, 2014
América v Guadalajara
Puebla v Pachuca
8:00 PM
Tigres UANL v Querétaro
9:06 PM
León v Atlas
10:00 PM
Chiapas v Cruz Azul
10:00 PM
Universidad Guadalajara v Santos Laguna

Sunday, November 2, 2014
Pumas v Veracruz

Current Table

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
Basically Chivas has sold their good players to other teams, bought really bad players and the owner, Vergara, has made a lot of bad decisions concerning the coach and why should he be fired... all in these last years. The roster now includes very old players combined with the other teams leftovers.

I don't think Chivas will be relegated though, since Leones Negros and Puebla are below them. Chivas would have to play really, really bad the next year to get relegated.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

I thought you were Chilean.

born in chile, live in australia.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro after his third act of indiscipline this year. This time, he took pictures of himself about to go out with some prostitutes the night before an away match.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

joepinetree posted:

Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro after his third act of indiscipline this year. This time, he took pictures of himself about to go out with some prostitutes the night before an away match.

pics or gtfo?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

joepinetree posted:

I've heard that they rented a 2nd room in the same hotel the Atlético delegation was staying in Curitiba (on a different floor) and had a secret orgy there the night after the game. It was the perfect plan, and they would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling hotel security and their dumb dogs!

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
He tried to be the next Carlos Enrique Kaiser but was caught.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
If you haven't been paying attention to the Brazilian Cup, you should. Atletico has twice now come back from 3 goals down to advance, and now there is an all Minas Gerais final between Atletico and Cruzeiro.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I watched the second half of Atletico - Flamengo and it was incredible, looking forward to the final

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Boca is winning 1-4 against Cerro Porteño in Asunción and River won the away game against Estudiantes so we'll probably have a Boca - River semi final. I hope it ends being as intense as the Libertadores semi final in 2004.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

hecko posted:

Boca is winning 1-4 against Cerro Porteño in Asunción and River won the away game against Estudiantes so we'll probably have a Boca - River semi final. I hope it ends being as intense as the Libertadores semi final in 2004.

you think they'll lift the away fans ban for it?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I don't think so. Last international game between the two was without away fans for safety concerns. But if does happen we'll probably see a night time version of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv-iPpONj8U&t=70s
4-5000 barras from any of the two teams crossing the city on a Wednesday night would be chaotic.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Zombie Chow posted:

I don't think Chivas will be relegated though, since Leones Negros and Puebla are below them. Chivas would have to play really, really bad the next year to get relegated.

That what they say about River Plate and look what happen, maybe we'll get another grandpa getting pissed video if it ever happens. Anyway here's this week Liga Mx update post which will be covering two weeks as Chivas and Monterrey is the only game next week.

Last week result

Pumas 0 - 0 Veracruz
América 0 - 0 Guadalajara
Chiapas 0 - 0 Cruz Azul
León 4 - 0 Atlas
Puebla 1 - 1 Pachuca
Tigres UANL 1 - 0 Querétaro
Universidad Guadalajara 1 - 1 Santos Laguna
Morelia 2 - 1 Monterrey
Tijuana 0 - 1 Toluca

This weekend games (All times CST/-6UTC)

Friday, November 7, 2014
Querétaro v Morelia
Santos Laguna v Pachuca

Saturday, November 8, 2014
Cruz Azul v Pumas
Veracruz v Universidad Guadalajara
Monterrey v Chiapas
León v Puebla
Atlas v Tijuana

Sunday, November 9, 2014
Toluca v América
Guadalajara v Tigres UANL

Saturday, November 15, 2014
Monterrey v Guadalajara

Current Table

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Haha América drew with Chivas? drat

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

At halftime of the Copa do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaFkQIk0MAE (or, more accurately, the Copa do Belo Horizonte) Mineiro leads Cruzeiro 1-0. Not that bad of a goal, too: nice header in the 9th minute to put Galo up.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Atletico won 2-0 at home. Which is funny because in the previous two rounds Atletico lost the 1st let 2-0 away and advanced. Hell, since libertadores last year, whenever Atletico went down 2-0 they ended up moving on, so this is an interesting reversal.

Edit: and the most impressive thing isn't even that Atletico has come from behind so often. It's that they do so despite being decimated by injuries and extra field stuff. Today, alone, Atletico was missing Rever, Guilherme, Maicossuel and Jo (not that he has done anything since the WC). And that is on top of Tardelli and Luan playing injured, and a bunch of reserves (Pedro Botelho, Emerson, Rafael Carioca, Lucas Candido, Andre) also out. Fortunately, Atletico has a great youth division. Jemerson will likely get a call up to the olympic team soon, and maybe Carlos.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 13, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So...you guys remember the whole Portuguesa debacle last year? Contenders for relegation, barely escaped that fate but played an irregular player in their last game - so they lost points and went down anyway, conveniently saving Fluminense from playing the Série B?

Well...they might've been bribed to do it.

Now, no one knows who bribed them yet. I could make an educated guess, but I'd rather refrain from it. However, it's another depressing incident on a depressing year for Brazilian football.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The only way it could get more absurd is if the player knew he was being purchased for this purpose and was bribed himself.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Vinestalk posted:

The only way it could get more absurd is if the player knew he was being purchased for this purpose and was bribed himself.

The irregular part wasn't because of contractual issues. It was because he was suspended on a trial that happened friday night but still played on sunday. The evidence of bribery is that they obtained evidence that at least 6 employees at Portuguesa were informed he was suspended, but in the report sent by the staff to the headcoach his name was excluded from the list of suspended players.

There are two possibilities for who bribed them: flamengo or fluminense. Fluminense was in the relegation zone, and flamengo messed up themselves using an irregular player and losing points.

I personally think that the overwhelming likelihood is that it was Fluminense (the irregular player was practicing with portuguesa even before flamengo messed up), but since the money was probably moved outside the country it will be very difficult to prove that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
never change brasileirao

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

In a case of "the most dangerous lead" taken to a ridiculous extreme, I just watched this game:

Also Bryan's lil bro did a thing (well he did 3 things but this was the nicer one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9T693x7-m8

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Reminder,in less than 2 hours starts the first game of the Copa Sudamericana between Boca Juniors and River Plate. It'll be on Fox Sports so we all can enjoy the thoughtful insights of Fernando Niembro.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

hecko posted:

Reminder,in less than 2 hours starts the first game of the Copa Sudamericana between Boca Juniors and River Plate. It'll be on Fox Sports so we all can enjoy the thoughtful insights of Fernando Niembro.

I bet the stadium's wifi is being obsessively checked right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I don't think many people will manage to enter the stadium with enough time to check their phones. The avenues leading to La Boca are a mess of trucks and cars, it looks like a parking lot from my office.