Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

So far on PS4 I've had two rounds where, in the midst of combat, I went to the black loading screen and the load never completed. Also, when I just loaded up the game I got a black screen with the intro dialog playing and no controller input recognized. This game is buggy as poo poo on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

LibbyM posted:

If someone enters the room with hearing, they are warned immediately by a laughing sound effect, and are prepared to look for it.

So you lose a TINY advantage because you turn the sound off. That is true for literally any game, sound lets you hear things that are important.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm hoping that there's an inverted-palette filter. :pcgaming:

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

The reward for The Purist challenge run is a new consumable that goes in your card/pill slot. When used it spawns 3 attack flys and 3 attack spiders.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

NoUU posted:

The reward for The Purist challenge run is a new consumable that goes in your card/pill slot. When used it spawns 3 attack flys and 3 attack spiders.

With the new 'large spider/fly' item that sounds really fun. :unsmith:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Sorry if this has been mentioned (day 1 thread moves way too fast like always) but the awesome BoI site http://platinumgod.co.uk/ has started to fill out its visual item wiki with Rebirth stuff. Just check the little "Rebirth?" box/slider at the top right of the site.

Actually, http://platinumgod.co.uk/ should probably just :siren: go in the OP :siren: since it's useful as hell.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

The Head Trauma challenge is loving horrible. Aiming your shots is a bitch and you have neither dps nor single hit damage.

I beat Mom on that once, then died at the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND to an enemy. Took me three more tries to beat it. I finally got Brimstone on a Devil Deal, which was nearly a huge mistake. Ultra-low damage, immediate charging Brimstone. I ended up killing Mom with The Bible.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I accidentally bombed the carpet in a room with a bed

:stare: Wasn't expecting that.

what happened?

also, holy poo poo the devil beggar is the best loving buddy ever, especially combined with the 9 lives pickup :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power of Pecota posted:

If you have a chance to pick up Bob's Brain or whatever (the green brain that's like a Bob's Rotten Head that zips around) on an Azazel run, don't. Trust me.

or really ever, it's just kind of not good

e: LEO ON THE OTHER HAND :getin:

ee: i have a big fat fly bodyguard and i just picked up the "bigger orbitals" (at least i think that's what it does?) pickup. it's almost as big as me :3:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 5, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anyone know what the There's Options? unlock does? I've been feeding the shop every chance I get.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Power of Pecota posted:

If you have a chance to pick up Bob's Brain or whatever (the green brain that's like a Bob's Rotten Head that zips around) on an Azazel run, don't. Trust me.

I'm glad the first run I picked up Bob's Brain, I also ran into a dice/randomizer room that swapped out the brain for something else. I don't know what that got traded for, but I'm gonna assume it was the item that makes friendly spiders when you kill enemies. Now that's a cool item.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dis astranagant posted:

Anyone know what the There's Options? unlock does? I've been feeding the shop every chance I get.

me too, no idea yet

in other news, i just found out that soy milk and guppy form synergize :hawaaaafap:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Got 4 runs in so far, my status:

Unlocked all but Samson and Azazel and I have endings 1, 2 and 12 since my last run netted me a devil door after the heart and I beat Sheol.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tollymain posted:

what happened?

also, holy poo poo the devil beggar is the best loving buddy ever, especially combined with the 9 lives pickup :haw:

You enter a 2D side scrolling section and get a powerful item or trinket similar to a few zelda 1 rooms

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tollymain posted:

what happened?

If it's what I'm thinking of, a Legend of Zelda style "side scrolling" screen.
And speaking of...

goodness posted:

So you lose a TINY advantage because you turn the sound off. That is true for literally any game, sound lets you hear things that are important.

I'm pretty sure the mummy hands (:haw:) in Zelda don't have sounds either, you just have to watch for them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

It'll appear as an item in the store randomly, after you buy it whenever a boss drops a treasure it'll drop two that you get to pick one from.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ok I realized what the music sounds like to me its like its running backwards or something and its just constantly disconcerting.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

This is the first PC game I have ever played that has instantly recognized and mapped to my DS4 without any hassle, using of x360ce, or joy2key. A huge step up over the original BoI controller support. I'm actually really impressed with that.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

If you beat boss rush with Eden you get.

a spacebar item called undenified, it takes 6 rooms to recharge and transports you to the error rooms

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You enter a 2D side scrolling section and get a powerful item or trinket similar to a few zelda 1 rooms

Didn't happen to me, I just went down to the next floor.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
forgot to mention the item that won me my first mom victory, it's called the humbling bundle and it turns all single bomb/key/heart/coin drops into doubles :2bong:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hookworm helps quad tech lasers hit everything in their path, even when they're super skinny like this.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
So whats up with these Dice rooms? I went through one and suddenly I was overflowing with 10+ items I did not have before including 3 familiars.

Azazel is just lol

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Pixeltendo posted:

If you beat boss rush with Eden you get.

a spacebar item called undenified, it takes 6 rooms to recharge and transports you to the error rooms

This is actually just whenever you bomb it open on the floor. Its happened to me a couple times in random rooms.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SsjfOFJ6Js

The area of effect pee seems a little more useful now?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

If you have one stat that's really high, taking Libra will balance you and turn you into a SUPERBABY.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
Really wish you could unlock characters in challenge runs since i ended up with Guppy's Paw and got a ton of money from The Tank challenge. Glad to see Cat Mode is back since it carried me all the way to beating Mom.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Escape Car 3000 posted:

I think that's happening with a lot (or all?) of Mac players right now. It ruined my first fight with Mom's Heart, though I was so close to killing it blind. I'm playing in Windows with boot camp for the time being.

I'll chime in and say I am not having this problem on a late 2011 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.9.5. I also did not have any problems when adjusting the gamma like another poster mentioned. I don't know, maybe that can help someone narrow down where the problem is.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, the Revenge Fly has to be one of the better items in the game for bosses. As soon as you take a hit he'll just go on a goddamn mission and win the room for you. He pretty much single-handedly hauled me through Mom, the boss rush (where I picked Soy Milk not realizing how my spider-making item was on kill, not on hit), and Mom's Heart. Little dude probably would have hauled me through the complete endgame if it were unlocked.

Hats off to you, Sgt. Fly, you've earned it. :patriot:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cobalt60 posted:

What's the Guillotine?
Haha, I didn't even notice your name, I should be more specific that I meant I was watching CobaltStreak.

Guillotine... well, you know how all orbitals are usually a good thing to have? Guess what Guillotine turns into a orbital. Yeah. loving hard to dodge when you're used to watching that big head and suddenly it's detached from your body and flying around it in a circle. On the bright side, it makes a really huge rear end shield, if you can cope with the disorientation.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Dork457 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SsjfOFJ6Js

The area of effect pee seems a little more useful now?

Lemon Mishap's size isn't as big as Lemon Party's I think.

Escape Car 3000
Oct 12, 2008

Dark Grapefruit posted:

I'll chime in and say I am not having this problem on a late 2011 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.9.5. I also did not have any problems when adjusting the gamma like another poster mentioned. I don't know, maybe that can help someone narrow down where the problem is.

It happens on my 2010 13" MBP. I'm thinking it might be the Nvidia drivers on OSX.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

CJacobs posted:

Wow man, that's just mean, game.

I know

How do you break/get past these blocks anyway? Is the only way to fly over them?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

goodness posted:

content wise, this is the first time I have played it with a controller since my keyboard has been having trouble with it. Really loving the change, only trouble I have is with charging shots and changing direction. You can't change >90 degrees without shooting the shot.

You can if you bind the shot to one of the thumbsticks, but the problem there is sometimes you'll be holding it one way and it'll release the other.

Speaking of charged shots, I finally got my first ever projectile-altering item that wasn't Technology! It was Monstro's Lung and then I died from getting stuck on a rock and had to restart. gently caress you, Rebirth.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gonna have to agree that the filter in The Womb is physically painful to look at. What the gently caress were they thinking?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

You can if you bind the shot to one of the thumbsticks, but the problem there is sometimes you'll be holding it one way and it'll release the other.

Speaking of charged shots, I finally got my first ever projectile-altering item that wasn't Technology! It was Monstro's Lung and then I died from getting stuck on a rock and had to restart. gently caress you, Rebirth.

That is what I am talking about. I have the shot bound to the thumbstick, but you cannot move it 180 without rotating or it will shoot out the wrong side. You have to rotate then stick all the way around.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

OK, Rebirth loving loves me. Technology + PhD + a shitload of Tears Up pills + Pentagram + Cricket's Head + Torn Photo + some other damage upgrade = a practically never-ending laser of loving death. On my second run ever. Mom died in under 10 seconds.

Got me Azazel and Lazarus in that run. Also Mom's Wig is somehow goddamn amazing.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Man I checked out that wiki that was linked earlier and I STILL don't know what that item I got on my first run was. Maybe I just imagined it.

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

I'm somewhat convinced that the game starts on some kind of E-Z mode until you kill Mom the first time. On the run where I killed her I must've taken ~10 pills and only 1 of them wasn't beneficial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
All those new zodiac sign items are no joke -- Scorpio is a million times better than The Common Cold (every shot is poison, the poison lasts a lot longer than normal poison tears do)