Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

RIP Governor Kashkari. Some things just aren't meant to be.

Ahahahahha Brown won Orange County :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

skaboomizzy posted:

ml? DIE COMMIE. I'm about to pour myself to 12 ALL-AMERICAN LIQUID OUNCES of bourbon.

pouring myself 25 liquid patriot ounces of moonshine

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
lmao if maine goes R at governor and louisiana goes D

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

wheez the roux posted:

lmao if maine goes R at governor and louisiana goes D

Last month, I took a train trip from Portland, Maine to New Orleans and I was actually wondering if anyone was aware that they were in the same country.

So that would be an even further twist.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Pot amendment is gonna win in AK, and - barring any upset at this point - the right to work bullshit forced in Anchorage, AK municipal employees is going to be repealed.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Alaska results are coming in: cannabis legalization is at 53%, and a minimum wage increase is at 70%. I don't know what the return pattern is like in Alaska, but I imagine that a 70% yes vote is hard to whittle down. Cannabis seems a lot more variable.

America loves raising the minimum wage and legalizing cannabis as much as it loves the Republican Party, apparently.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Also since the majority flipped look forward to the TPP, NAFTA 2: Electric Boogoloo being rammed through Congress on a pure up and down vote. Obama's ~legacy~.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Aurubin posted:

Also since the majority flipped look forward to the TPP, NAFTA 2: Electric Boogoloo being rammed through Congress on a pure up and down vote. Obama's ~legacy~.

I'm not sure what it is about a Republican takeover that makes this different than if the Democrats had held the Senate. Wasn't that poo poo going to got pushed through regardless?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm not sure what it is about a Republican takeover that makes this different than if the Democrats had held the Senate. Wasn't that poo poo going to got pushed through regardless?

Yeah, the TPP and NAFTA are popular among many in both parties.

That said, if Obama utters a word of support, the GOP will find a new wedge issue.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
the margin in colorado gov is down to 0.3%. hey zoux go gently caress yourself for saying voting is pointless

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jagchosis posted:

the margin in colorado gov is down to 0.3%. hey zoux go gently caress yourself for saying voting is pointless

zoux voted early and was trolling

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

Yeah, the TPP and NAFTA are popular among many in both parties.

That said, if Obama utters a word of support, the GOP will find a new wedge issue.

Reid basically stalled voting on it. One good thing about Harry.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
I don't know what map everyone's quoting but it's not gov

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

I can handle this one, because I didn't have a Democratic Congressional candidate to vote for. This is in FL-13, a district consisting of most of Pinellas County.

I went to vote this morning and was positively blown away by the fact that there was no Democratic candidate on the ballot. This isn't rural Texas or anything; it's a swing district in a swing state.

I wish I'd gone to the county Democrat meetings this year. If I'd known there was nobody willing to run in the general after the disastrous special election to fill the late Bill Young's seat this February, I'd have run as a stereotypical "liberal" Dem and staffed my campaign with USF poli-sci students looking to write theses and probably gotten 35% without any state or national support because I was a warm body with a (D) by my name.

It totally blows my mind that the state Democratic Party had their poo poo so scattered that they couldn't even field a candidate for Congress in this race.

Really what needs to happen is the DC firing Debbie Waserman-Schultz.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Propaganda Hour posted:

Pot amendment is gonna win in AK,
Don't count your chickens up there yet. Alaska doesn't return like other states, the early returns are from the cities and the late votes will be from the rural communities. 53% yes with less than half reporting is far from safe.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Does that mean the Begich is already dead? Ugh, 54 Republicans is worse than my 53 prediction. drat you Hagan!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

RedQueen posted:

Google's.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Elotana posted:

Don't count your chickens up there yet. Alaska doesn't return like other states, the early returns are from the cities and the late votes will be from the rural communities. 53% yes with a third reporting is far from safe.

Yes, I know this, if anything the number will go up.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Really what needs to happen is the DNC firing Debbie Waserman-Schultz. everyone.

2010 was an expected beating. The signs were all over for weeks if not months. This was supposed to be a lot closer, and yet turnout was even sub-2010. Hopefully the party will use this shock to actually enact some much-needed changes, especially with the state party structures...

...haha, who am i kidding. They will learn nothing and keep moving to the right of Reagan.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
oops

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JosefStalinator posted:

Does that mean the Begich is already dead? Ugh, 54 Republicans is worse than my 53 prediction. drat you Hagan!

Not quite. Alaska's going to continue counting for many weeks as votes come in from isolated areas. It's a bitch of a thing, but we rarely bother paying attention to it because it's been rare for Alaska to matter.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Jagchosis posted:

Looks like Hickenlooper is going to win, or at least has a good chance of winning, because most of the uncounted vote seems to be in Denver, where he is leading by 50 points. Doing the math, it looks like he has another 25,000 votes in Denver, and then a few more in the surrounding suburbs. So.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

RedQueen posted:

It just updated I guess because the previous version was a sea of blue.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Lycus posted:

Google's.

I have literally not been able to find Google's Maps all night? They aren't on the Google Election page?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Aurubin posted:

Reid basically stalled voting on it. One good thing about Harry.

Ah, now that I look into this, you are correct.

Well, Obama can't let Clinton get all the cred with NAFTA.

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice
I dont have time to sift through all these posts so I'm sure its been said already but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiTM2HQ0g98

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

List of good Democrat politicians in national positions right now:

1. Obama
2. Reid
3. Absolutely nobody else

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Jagchosis posted:

Friend of mine went and voted specifically because, while he's generally one of those "I'm on the left and feel disenfranchised" sorts, he figured with a race that close, telling the GOP to gently caress off was worth the trouble. Might have to buy him a beer.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
You can cross Reid off that list because a Senate Minority Leader doesn't exactly have any power to speak of unless he can get his caucus to back a filibuster and good luck with that.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Everything is terrible and I hate Oklahoma. hth

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

List of good Democrat politicians in national positions right now:

1. Obama
2. Reid
3. Absolutely nobody else

governor moonbeam and hickenlooper are good imo. also to the person saying hick will probably win i hope so and thank god

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

I have literally not been able to find Google's Maps all night? They aren't on the Google Election page?

Just put "election results" in the normal search.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Jagchosis posted:

governor moonbeam and hickenlooper are good imo. also to the person saying hick will probably win i hope so and thank god

Those ain't national positions.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Honestly the best time for Dems bringing up gun control was during the Reagan era so they could contrast themselves as the pro gun party. I don't give a gently caress about guns if I can just get some of my other positions satisfied like UHC then bring on the free guns for babies or whatever lunacy they think up.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-lr9qpMoPI&t=150s

Incumbent R for NE-02 has a "do you really want to let them see you like this" moment with a staffer diving in as he starts rambling about fraud :allears:

I don't even care that it's a house race of zero consequence, seeing this piece of poo poo go down throwing a loving tantrum is great.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr E posted:

Everything is terrible and I hate Oklahoma. hth

I'm sorry for your lots. You can come to Florida. I'm sure it can't be any worse.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Those ain't national positions.

sorry i've i have the day off tomorrow and have been mainlining vodka all night, my reading comprehension has gone down

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

You could say governors Cuomo and Malloy, who passed big honkin' gun responsibility laws, were validated in their re-elections. Hickenlooper wins and that's a hat trick.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I think Obama's decision to postpone executive action on immigration reform horribly backfired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm pretty excited that my congresswoman is on track to being some sort of anime superheroine:

• Locked thread