Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Atlasesque posted:

Wait, what? You don't pay taxes on properties after 10?

You do not pay additional taxes, no. You still have to pay the base tax for any properties over 10 plus the 10-house multiplier. But the multiplier does not go up past 10 houses.

Not to mention the two-week time delay if you just don't pay anything beyond the initial setting, which is what a lot of land barons and hackers do. Set a fairly easy-to-make 16x16 cottage or farm, don't pay taxes on it, and sell it before the two weeks are up. You lose a little bit in time and construction costs, but if you're laying down 5-10 properties at once in a perfect grid (like what apparently happened tonight), you'll still come out ahead even if a couple of those do get demolished.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

This game is the gift that keeps on giving :sax:

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Atlasesque posted:

Wait, what? You don't pay taxes on properties after 10?

The penalty for having multiple properties stops increasing at 10. So you'll have to pay for new properties but your taxes on old properties don't go up any more.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
I like the outcome for valor.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

I even told them I was not the witch. How sad.

Edit: Grithok why is the interface so baddddd

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 5, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what are the guilds that actually managed to get a castle on Aranzeb?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

2 FC, Wicked, and Shipwrecked Pirates

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Axel Serenity posted:

You do not pay additional taxes, no. You still have to pay the base tax for any properties over 10 plus the 10-house multiplier. But the multiplier does not go up past 10 houses.

Not to mention the two-week time delay if you just don't pay anything beyond the initial setting, which is what a lot of land barons and hackers do. Set a fairly easy-to-make 16x16 cottage or farm, don't pay taxes on it, and sell it before the two weeks are up. You lose a little bit in time and construction costs, but if you're laying down 5-10 properties at once in a perfect grid (like what apparently happened tonight), you'll still come out ahead even if a couple of those do get demolished.

They should make a restriction on the number of houses that can be placed per account in a period of time then, because at least that would prevent mass land flipping. If a player only has 10 small houses they can pay it entirely in labor for the month, but more than that and they have to start spending increasing amounts of real money, or buying marketplace certs from the AH (meaning someone else had to spend money cause only marketplace certs can be dropped). I'm too tired to figure out at what point it becomes more profitable to have a cap of 3 lands owned or a ton of land whales with 10+ properties. I doubt there are that many people willing to spend a hundred bucks on tax certs each week, but who knows.

I'm using http://archeagefurniture.com/archeage-tax-calculator/ by the way.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 5, 2014

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Not valor:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?110134-How-the-Disconnection-ruined-Valor-Aranzeb-chances-at-a-Castle.

Two months of people's lives! Destroyed!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Third World Reggin posted:

Ahaha you may be in your own game. When I invite you to a match, you get a pop up in notifications in the bottom right. You then join it that way.

I never got a notification and the in game chat doesn't work. I'm going to sleep goodbye forever Salem!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Starting another round soon. Mafia been winning all night.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Pavlov posted:

I never got a notification and the in game chat doesn't work. I'm going to sleep goodbye forever Salem!

That's witch talk. You lied.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Starting another round soon. Mafia been winning all night.

I tried to add you and it said it was successful. In as RoteRant.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is a good distraction from the servers being down. In wushu we just did goontube.

This round is going pretty well with 5/15 already dead.

I'll invite people after that.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I played a match where an investigator, sheriff, and lookout all said I was mafia/god father but the town was too dumb to lynch me so I ended up winning by helping an executioner get his kill. People are bad at this game.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

quote:

UPDATE 8, 10:45 PM PST: XLGAMES is finishing the connectivity issue fix to the client. The moment it's delivered, final QA will begin. At the same time, we will be repackaging the game build and preparing it for download. This work to apply the fix may take up to six hours with exact timing to be announced once the fix passes QA. The whole ArcheAge Team will be working into the night to facilitate this process: we're eager to get you playing again as quickly as possible and apologize for the wait.

lol

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

ARRGH YOU'RE THE ONE THAT IS DOOMED TO SINK
I just got done building my thatched farmhouse I built in auroria. Thank PreparationH for helping me out with the wicked only workbenches :).

This game is awesome no one is playing it.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

LOL this is kind of funny. I'm glad I had to work until 8pm tonight and couldn't even try to sign on. I'm just going to continue expanding my 8x8 empire in Lilyut.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Lothar posted:

I just got done building my thatched farmhouse I built in auroria. Thank PreparationH for helping me out with the wicked only workbenches :).

This game is awesome no one is playing it.

It's the least PreparationH can do since those workbenches were probably made with the stolen guild bank.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I guess they announced no server rollback, which caused a freakout on the forums, which caused mass banning which lead to the forum shutdown.

And so hackshield caused the DC problems and yet loads of people are reporting that almost all land was insta-taken as castles were claimed? Gee, hackers got around that piece of poo poo as usual, to no one's surprise.

Trion sure knows how to deliver on irony, if not games.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

does Trion/XL even have the tools to do a rollback?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Bait and Swatch posted:

I guess they announced no server rollback, which caused a freakout on the forums, which caused mass banning which lead to the forum shutdown.

And so hackshield caused the DC problems and yet loads of people are reporting that almost all land was insta-taken as castles were claimed? Gee, hackers got around that piece of poo poo as usual, to no one's surprise.

Trion sure knows how to deliver on irony, if not games.

The land wasn't taken by hackers, it was taken by the thousand or so people that were in each zone as it went up. I managed five plots in two zones, and I'm nowhere near the fastest at land grabbing.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I love this:

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by Unmanaged

Scapes told ALL of us Alpha players that the Alpha server was going to be the test server for game patches
Originally Posted by Scapes

We did say that the Alpha server data would be repurposed as a future Public Test Server but recall that the Alpha hardware was repurposed for live servers. Mentioned earlier in this thread, we do want to add a PTS to preempt issues that are only apparent at scale.

Even their employees are openly groveling about the cheapness and mismanagement of the game now. Also :lol: that they used what was supposed to be the test server hardware to pack more players into the already packed servers.

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

Tanreall posted:

It's the least PreparationH can do since those workbenches were probably made with the stolen guild bank.

Pretty sure he wasn't the one that stole everything. Pretty sure he returned everything that was given.

Lothar fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 5, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

He offered to, but it would involve everyone going fishing and the goon who was going to organize that decided to turn it down.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rather than just giving us the gold he spent it all on chum and fishing lures and told us to catch our own fish as repayment. Basically it was the most petty way he could give back the stolen supplies.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Rather than just giving us the gold he spent it all on chum and fishing lures and told us to catch our own fish as repayment. Basically it was the most petty way he could give back the stolen supplies.

Was that what happened? Pretty sure it was spent on materials for gearing up folks. The chum and lures was just the way he was going to channel money back to you guys, but the fishing hate just that real.

DarkStryke
Jun 7, 2006

Mercury_Storm posted:

I love this:

Originally Posted by Scapes

We did say that the Alpha server data would be repurposed as a future Public Test Server but recall that the Alpha hardware was repurposed for live servers. Mentioned earlier in this thread, we do want to add a PTS to preempt issues that are only apparent at scale.

Even their employees are openly groveling about the cheapness and mismanagement of the game now. Also :lol: that they used what was supposed to be the test server hardware to pack more players into the already packed servers.
[/quote]

Considering how badly they've cheaped out on pretty much the core focus of a business, customer service, is it any surprise?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Arcade posted:

Was that what happened? Pretty sure it was spent on materials for gearing up folks. The chum and lures was just the way he was going to channel money back to you guys, but the fishing hate just that real.

If it was spent on materials, they could be sent in place as they are worth the same.

The chum and lures are a round about way back.

To quote jack, he wanted someone to suffer as he had suffered and we were going to give all the fish to one goon. Jack wanted to watch him on the dock deal with it, picking up one package at a time, so that they could understand his pain.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mercury_Storm posted:

Everything in the game is tied in to the RNG, why would you expect patch deployments to function any differently? They press F and deploy 1 to 6 commits worth of changes to the live environment.

less than three fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 5, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
The first 2000g and poo poo ton of brick had nothing to do with fishing so I don't get it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Tanreall posted:

The first 2000g and poo poo ton of brick had nothing to do with fishing so I don't get it.

Fishing goons have very little experience in handling things like responsible adults.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Can't get on the server before I head to work, welp. I got a nice thatched plot down in Marcala on the edge of a cliff on the coast, hopefully the servers will be fixed by the morning and there'll be some effort to start getting people's houses built. Do any goons have the 8x8 crafting stations up in Marcala yet?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tanreall posted:

The goons that left the guild desperately want to believe that they aren't the ones that hosed everything up. They've twisted reality so that they are the heroes for boldly abandoning us and liberating the guild supplies after the big bad Kimsemus made them upset. No see HE is the goonfucker, not us! :downs:

It'd be slightly less pathetic if they straight up said "yeah we stole your poo poo, deal with it".

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Watching the housing areas all fill up within seconds was magical. One second you have a massive wide open space, the next it's urban sprawl.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

The goons that left the guild desperately want to believe that they aren't the ones that hosed everything up. They've twisted reality so that they are the heroes for boldly abandoning us and liberating the guild supplies after the big bad Kimsemus made them upset. No see HE is the goonfucker, not us! :downs:

It'd be slightly less pathetic if they straight up said "yeah we stole your poo poo, deal with it".

Nice to see the circle jerk is still going on.:reddit:

I thought you guys were having fun? We've been having fun.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

DirtyFalcon posted:

To quote jack, he wanted someone to suffer as he had suffered and we were going to give all the fish to one goon. Jack wanted to watch him on the dock deal with it, picking up one package at a time, so that they could understand his pain.

A friend gets kicked from the guild and I had to wait over an hour for someone to respond to me!!!! Better gently caress everyone else over because I experienced so much pain. We're totally not the goonfuckers guys! lol

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

So lonely. :(

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

DirtyFalcon posted:

I remember you. You're the one who used gently caress over Lincoln's raids by shooting early and then go : reddit: in gchat to anyone who called you a oval office.

You're a oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Been at work the entire day, reading this trainwreck of an event and enjoying every moment of pubbies (and Valor) getting salty over all the things.

Grats to all the goons who managed to nab land/castles.

Their QA for the fix started 10 minutes ago or something, according to the official forums. If that 6-hour deadline is to be believed, it means I'll be able to log on around 1130pm local time.

Thanks a lot Trion, I guess I'll play Warframe tonight.

• Locked thread