Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

If I remember his time on the MSPA forums, his confidence started with correctly guessing the way the relationships in Avatar: The Last Airbender would resolve. You know, where the male lead ended up with the female lead.

Then he correctly identified Feferi would die after that page where Feferi said she is dead.

His first big project was the romantic speculation or "RomSpec" thread, where, free from the barbarous fangirlis of the shipping thread, he scientifically evaluated which relationships would succeed, starting from the premise that Troll Serendipity is a real thing and all trolls would end the comic with all four quadrants filled.

Last I heard, he was convinced that Dirk/Gamzee was completely inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Fister Roboto posted:

What's with the giant candy corns? Is all of this taking place inside Problem Sleuth's hat???

If we can see it, it's really there. If I could find it I'd also present the giant HOMESTUCK letters from the title page floating in the sky over John's house as another example, but this comic is over 6000 panels long, so gently caress it.

I know it's also somewhere in the bit after John sticks his arm in the doohicky on account of this, but I don't even remember where that whole section is :v: (I wonder how much the random arms confuse new archive readers?)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 4, 2014

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Renaissance Robot posted:

If we can see it, it's really there. If I could find it I'd also present the giant HOMESTUCK letters from the title page floating in the sky over John's house as another example, but this comic is over 6000 panels long, so gently caress it.

I know it's also somewhere in the bit after John sticks his arm in the doohicky on account of this, but I don't even remember where that whole section is :v: (I wonder how much the random arms confuse new archive readers?)

I stopped when Act 6 was released because I wasn't prepared to deal with 4 new loving characters at the time, and then when I came back I re-read Acts 1-5 after the Gigapause had started. I can tell you that I didn't even notice them at all.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I lost a lot of steam during the Mindfang Diaries and the Doc Scratch interlude pretty much killed it for me so I stopped reading for a long time and missed Cascade. I remember checking in like 5 months after I stopped and all I saw was a couple of pages of early Jane and Jake hijinks, which made me think "Oh my god is Hussie really doing some stupid flashback poo poo about Nanna and Grandpa gently caress this stupid comic" and proceeded to stop caring for like a year and a half or so. I forget exactly what drew me back in but it was pretty much the same month the Megapause started that I went and re-read the story and I noticed a couple of the arms, most notably the one next to the Homestuck logo. Plenty of 'em I just completely missed until John's Crazy Continuity Adventure.

I guess not experiencing any of the Alpha kids until everything had been sorted out and the Beta kids finally arrived helps my opinion of them because I think they're all fine except Jake's outright stupidity gets a little tiring after awhile.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

The giant candy corn, like the artifacting everywhere, is from when Caliborn shoved a bunch of stardust and candy corn in the Homestuck expansion cartridge.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Note to Self posted:

His first big project was the romantic speculation or "RomSpec" thread, where, free from the barbarous fangirlis of the shipping thread, he scientifically evaluated which relationships would succeed, starting from the premise that Troll Serendipity is a real thing and all trolls would end the comic with all four quadrants filled.

So, his first major claim to fame was essentially shipping.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

aegof posted:

The giant candy corn, like the artifacting everywhere, is from when Caliborn shoved a bunch of stardust and candy corn in the Homestuck expansion cartridge.
You can also see on the first page of the update that the candy corns are identical to the separators between groups of links on the top header bar.

Layers upon wheels.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Flea Wars posted:

You can also see on the first page of the update that the candy corns are identical to the separators between groups of links on the top header bar.

Layers upon wheels.

remember when caliborn smashed the computer hussie talked to him through and it caused the site to fall apart, including the candy corn dividers falling into the panel and caliborn taking one to use as a false tooth

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Remember when Caliborn drew anime pictures, but they weren't very good? That was funny, I liked it!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

aegof posted:

No, Crowbar is the best character in Homestuck and he's probably not going to show up much more in the main comic.

Spades Slick has Crowbar and all of the rest of the Felt in his inventory, so anything is still possible.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Note to Self posted:

Note to Self is not kidding. Dirk/Gamzee.

Because that definitely makes sense.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Iny posted:

Note to Self is not kidding. Dirk/Gamzee.

Because that definitely makes sense.

Well...Dirk does kind of hate himself, and if you hate yourself and want to be miserable hooking up with Gamzee seems like a pretty good way to make that happen.

So it makes sense kind of? In an unhealthy horrible way.

Also: today's Paradox Space is great.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of Dirk hating himself

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Burkion posted:

Speaking of Dirk hating himself

*pinches nose*

*sighs in frustration at all forms of Strider manpain*

No, wait. I'm not done. I want to slap some sense into that boy.

GreenMetalSun fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 5, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

In case you didn't realize it, Update!

And... is Dirk dead? Did he just pixel himself to bits, or can he just float out of that fuzz.

I guess this is his breaking point. That's fair, he's a hyper-driven sort of guy, it's not surprising the death of all his friends (as far as he knows) might finish him off.

Well, I guess Roxy didn't go far after all. Hopefully John has more luck talking to her. No word on the state of Rose yet besides "probably dying", it'd probably be better for someone to finish her off in an unheroic way in hopes that it'll promote her revival.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you guys have any retarded jokes about this update, and any sort of defamation to say about Dirk, I suggest you sit on it, and think about when you lost the ability to appreciate good Homestuck updates

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

If you guys have any retarded jokes about this update, and any sort of defamation to say about Dirk, I suggest you sit on it, and think about when you lost the ability to appreciate good Homestuck updates

I am VERY impressed with this update and yes, agreed.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Really digging these panoramic panels.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Last two updates have had amazing art. Like, drat.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
i appreciate hussies approach to grieving characters as opposed to tumblrs "everyone goes into anime tears" approach

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I did not know that the sentence "Could you please just leave me alone." could be so sad. :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

net cafe scandal posted:

Aw man, are you sure? Because I have so many great puns that relate to this situation!

Dirkpressed, Stridown in the dumps, Prince of heartbroken...the list goes on and on!

On a more serious note: Dirk is at his breaking point, but I think Rose is going to live. Or at least come back after dying. She wasn't doing anything heroic when she died, was she?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Edit: ^^^^ Hard to say. Characters like Dave and Jake died while trying to save someone and both of them didn't come back, while John's come back from getting shanked by Bec Noir. That she was attacking the Condesce out of revenge, not to save anyone, and got chumped for it probably means it isn't heroic.

Action Shakespeare posted:

i appreciate hussies approach to grieving characters as opposed to tumblrs "everyone goes into anime tears" approach

You have no idea what may be going on behind his exceedingly anime shades.

Nor will anyone ever again because he apparently turned into a cloud of dots.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think Rose is going to live. Or at least come back after dying. She wasn't doing anything heroic when she died, was she?

She was moving to attack )(IC. Not sure if that counts, since when john resurrected he hadn't actually attacked Jack yet.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I enjoyed John's reaction to Dirk disappearing into pixels over his manpain.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Also if you're not following this blog smgdh.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This update is the perfect evidence for why John is infinitely better than Dirk.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Agreed. John has not yet slowly dissolved into pixels because of his dead boyfriend.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Fucknag posted:

Also if you're not following this blog smgdh.

qft

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Dirk is too anime for corporeal form.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Poultron posted:

Agreed. John has not yet slowly dissolved into pixels because of his dead boyfriend.

I'm not sure Dirk can be blamed for the universe breaking down around him. Caliborn poured glitter all over reality, remember? that's why Dirk is getting all pixelated.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm not sure Dirk can be blamed for the universe breaking down around him. Caliborn poured glitter all over reality, remember? that's why Dirk is getting all pixelated.

If he was a little more anime he would overcome the pixels and use his Heart powers to revive Jake or something. Come on man think outside the box.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Actually, I was wondering if you de-pixellated it, you see Dirk kill himself? He definately drops his sword before it gets too blurred to see.

Also, in Paradox Space, I don't get Crowbar's joke about dumb lugs.

Edit: Doy.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 5, 2014

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Samovar posted:

Actually, I was wondering if you de-pixellated it, you see Dirk kill himself? He definately drops his sword before it gets too blurred to see.

Maroon is his favorite color.

The others are a bunch of morons.

Maroon/moron.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Samovar posted:

Get a load of this guy. What a maroon!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

CidGregor posted:

Maroon is his favorite color.

The others are a bunch of morons.

Maroon/moron.

More like "maroon" is genuine gangster speak for "idiot", ya big maroon.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

How did so many people never see a Bugs Bunny cartoon? It's like one of the three things he says all the time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey John, you maybe wanna do the windy thing on those pixels? No? Just gonna keep being a brainless idiot? Ok then.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Who What Now posted:

Hey John, you maybe wanna do the windy thing on those pixels?

But there's no air in space :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RZApublican posted:

But there's no air in space :downs:

There's an air in space museum!