Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

hey xbone thread i got a free game with my new video card

should i get ac:unity or farcry 4?

both will prolly be terrible but ac:unity if you want to play with friends and farcry 4 if you dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

did u guys all buy spooky steam games for the halloween steam sale??

I went to a spooky IRL theme park at night, they lit it all up and had fireworks, it was a bit odd because over the loudspeakers they played this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amZQdMtjNA8

Which I thought was a bit intense, I poo poo myself :(

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Lol, it's coming to pc eventually. Unless you believe that leaked ad was truly a "mistake" in any way but someone put it up too early.

Oh, I know that. I'll probably even throw 5 bucks at it in a Steam sale at some point in the future so that I won't even care if it's shite.

SO is all they have going into the end of the year because they have vastly over estimated how much people want to replay the Master Chef and The Legend of the Saggy Blue Tits oddessey.

Can't wait to go through a level, hit a switch and then go back through that level with exploding zombies over and over.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

both will prolly be terrible but ac:unity Depth if you want to play with friends and farcry 4 if you dont

Cheaper and better.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
lol @ people who think SO is bad. Your irrational hate for a companies console and it's associated games is going to make you miss out on a GOTY :smith:

If it does come out in PC in a year or whenever I would definitely recommend picking it up asap, you'll want a taste of the multiplayer before the population dies off.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hanyolo posted:

lol @ people who think SO is bad. Your irrational hate for a companies console and it's associated games is going to make you miss out on a GOTY :smith:

If it does come out in PC in a year or whenever I would definitely recommend picking it up asap, you'll definitely want a taste of the multiplayer before the population dies off.

If I wanted to play boring wave attack co-op I'd play Mass Effect 3

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

hanyolo posted:

If it does come out in PC in a year or whenever I would definitely recommend picking it up asap, you'll definitely want a taste of the multiplayer before the population dies off.

Either that or people think it's a game worth $5 on a Steam sale and not much else.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

morallyobjected posted:

Either that or people think it's a game worth $5 on a Steam sale and not much else.

No obviously people not wanting to buy a poo poo console for a 90's reddit meme filled game makes them really loving dumb!

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Is SO a potential XBone GOTY or general GOTY? What are you people saying?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
The idea of someone enjoying something I can't because I don't have the toy the thing is played on drives me to post... TERRIBLE THINGS

So I... I just tell myself it's not as good as everyone says it is. Downplay any shining positives. I have to reduce its exclusivity, so I insist it will be available on other venues. Maybe not today, but perhaps eventually.

I mean *chuckle* EVERY game is going to be playble on the PC eventually, right? Emulation and all that? So, there's that.

And that's where I win. I mean, on a long enough timeline, everything costs a dollar and is more readily available to everyone. So all I have to do is... wait.

But while waiting *opens six new tabs in Chrome* I have some posting to do.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
lol there is like 1 meme in the game (I heard him say "such kill, much wow" during the dog mission) and the co-op wave defense stuff is like 20% of the game, if that (and it's really good in the Multiplayer). But yeah keep being completely wrong and bad, it's your loss, not mine :v:

the doge meme is the best anyway, I fukn love that doge

mrEkli posted:

Is SO a potential XBone GOTY or general GOTY? What are you people saying?

It just beats out Bayonetta 2 imo and obviously blasts any potential PS4 GOTY (parkclub amirite lol) out of the water.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 5, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

guys stop making fun of my xbox one you all look pathetic its been 15 years, move on. did you hear about how brown ps3 is?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

The idea of someone enjoying something I can't because I don't have the toy the thing is played on drives me to post... TERRIBLE THINGS

So I... I just tell myself it's not as good as everyone says it is. Downplay any shining positives. I have to reduce its exclusivity, so I insist it will be available on other venues. Maybe not today, but perhaps eventually.

I mean *chuckle* EVERY game is going to be playble on the PC eventually, right? Emulation and all that? So, there's that.

And that's where I win. I mean, on a long enough timeline, everything costs a dollar and is more readily available to everyone. So all I have to do is... wait.

It's not like there's some kind of history where a couple of Xbox One "exclusive" games turned out to get PC ports or something. I don't see why it's so hard to believe, given that. If it does come out on Steam/other PC distribution, and people buy it and enjoy it then, then whatever. It will probably be cheaper, and as much as people say it shouldn't matter, price is a factor for how much people enjoy their hobbies. Maybe for a bunch of people, SO is worth considerably less than the price it is currently going for, and what would they get by buying it now over waiting to see if it's cheaper in the future on a platform they'd rather play it on? Have you made a single post in this topic that wasn't disproportionately smug and/or upset?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

hanyolo posted:

I also love doge

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bass Bottles posted:

I also love doge

Goddamn yes

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'd play the gently caress out of Doge Simulator 2000 for the The One or any other gaming platform

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

matrix ripoff posted:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I wanna play Sunset overdrive

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

I'd play the gently caress out of Doge Simulator 2000 for the The One or any other gaming platform

wow

Look for it in next year's ID@Xbox montage.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

wow

Look for it in next year's ID@Xbox montage.

I still think doge is funny af. wow. so amaze.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
SO is going to be on pc. There was a leaked ad, and even if that wasn't the case, the dev studio owns the rights, and honestly it really doesn't matter what they say right now. Dead Rising 3 was "never" going to get a pc release according to a dev and look what happened. It's a no brainer for any game Sony or Microsoft don't own the rights to, an eventual PC release means more money.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I downloaded the day-zero edition of CoD because I'm a gay retarded baby and got to 46% when I started it up yesterday morning.

It stayed at 46% while playing it, then through the rest of the night so I uninstalled and started the process over while I went to work. . .

and it's stuck at 25%. :(

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'll go a step further and say SO comes to PS4, either this one ported or the sequel being multi platform.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

echronorian posted:

I still think doge is funny af. wow. so amaze.

doge is cute as heck but that game doesn't really capture it imo

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hanyolo posted:

lol there is like 1 meme in the game (I heard him say "such kill, much wow" during the dog mission) and the co-op wave defense stuff is like 20% of the game, if that (and it's really good in the Multiplayer). But yeah keep being completely wrong and bad, it's your loss, not mine :v:

https://www.dogeweather.com this is the only good thing to come out of the doge meme and it was funny for about 45 seconds

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Stux posted:

sorry, ps4 exclusives: 91. xbone: 28. pretty terrible state of affairs for xbox really.

That's so weird. I was looking at this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
So far I only see about 10 exclusives that have been released so far.
Basement Crawl, Driveclub, Infamous First Light and Second Son, Killzone, Knack, Resogun, Warframe, War Thunder, Zen Pinball. Almost 91, but not quite there.

I guess Wikipedia is out of date. You should update it.

I tried Sunset Overdrive multiplayer tonight. People have gotten really good at it really quickly. It's impressive to see everyone flying around so fast picking up the supply drops.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

VincesUndies posted:

I tried Sunset Overdrive multiplayer tonight. People have gotten really good at it really quickly. It's impressive to see everyone flying around so fast picking up the supply drops.

FH2 should take a note from Insomniac with the racing to the missions aspect of it. I hate that FH2 just rewards you for getting there and there isn't a 1st/2nd/3rd bonus. I'm also not a fan of the "jungle gym" multiplayer mission as I always seem to get the 15 melee kills followed by 5 melee grind kills while everyone else gets bounce / grind kills :smith: It should at least give everyone the same 4 challenges to do.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

echronorian posted:

I wanna play Sunset overdrive

between titanfall and sunset overdrive xbo has the best exclusives on the console market right now.

e: and of course - forza

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

oknope posted:

between titanfall and sunset overdrive xbo has the best exclusives on the console market right now.

If I didn't know it was gonna come to pc I'd get an xbone for SO. I got an Xbox The First for Jet Set Radio Future, so it'd fit. Hear that Microsoft? Get Sega to make another Jet Set Radio game and you got yourself a sale

Until then though, the PS4 is gonna have the new Uncharted and Silent Hills, so I'm gonna have to go with that

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 5, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

oknope posted:

Don't forget D4!

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

hanyolo posted:

It should at least give everyone the same 4 challenges to do.
I had no idea this was happening and it makes so much more sense now

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

VincesUndies posted:

That's so weird. I was looking at this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
So far I only see about 10 exclusives that have been released so far.
Basement Crawl, Driveclub, Infamous First Light and Second Son, Killzone, Knack, Resogun, Warframe, War Thunder, Zen Pinball. Almost 91, but not quite there.

I guess Wikipedia is out of date. You should update it.

http://www.listwar.com/

It has what plants crave (every game on each system)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

hanyolo posted:

doge rules :shibewow:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

VincesUndies posted:

Holy poo poo, I wasn't going to buy GTA5 again, but this does look loving awesome.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5-xbox-one-ps4-pc-has-first-person-mode/1100-6423366/

Well done Rockstar!

Since so many of your PS4 guys read this thread more than the actual PS4 thread, you should be careful with Share Play. It seems you can erase files off someone else's Playstation with it.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/266564/Your%20save%20file%20can%20be%20erased%20with%20PS4%27s%20Share%20Play/

I skipped out on GTA V last gen because of the lack of female protagonist, does it come anywhere close to being as fun as San Andreas? Since the Sleeping Dogs update is supposed to be poo poo, I have an open game in my budget.

Now that I have the air dash, SO still isn't as awesome as Jet Grind Radio, but it gets close.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Soonmot posted:

I skipped out on GTA V last gen because of the lack of female protagonist, does it come anywhere close to being as fun as San Andreas? Since the Sleeping Dogs update is supposed to be poo poo, I have an open game in my budget.

Now that I have the air dash, SO still isn't as awesome as Jet Grind Radio, but it gets close.

GTA 5 was really good you missed out

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\/\We'll see. I'm gambling on DA:I not being as terrible as DA2, so GTAV should be in the used game bins when I finish that. But, there's also no chance of mee getting the new Assassin's Creed since there are no boats in it, so maybe sooner. IDK

SO is fun, but I don't see it as GOTY in a year that had Shadow of Mordor.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

matrix ripoff posted:

actually, its just a really dull game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stux posted:

actually, its just a really dull game

Also the concept of anyone being jealous of a bone owner (boner) pretty much kills his statement dead from the get go.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Soonmot posted:

I skipped out on GTA V last gen because of the lack of female protagonist, does it come anywhere close to being as fun as San Andreas?

No. Even the recent San Anrdreas re-release with bad controls and bugs is a much more enjoyable experience than GTAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
We here at the Xbox thread love our cats and they definitely DO NOT blend.

• Locked thread