Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mokinokaro posted:

Most boss type enemies will respawn.

Boomer doesn't.

edit: From some research (read: googling), as of right now, killing Boomer early renders the quest incompletable even if you save/quit.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I just want to piss and moan about this game a little bit more because I think its poo poo...

What I liked about Borderlands I HATE about this game.

-Borderlands was open ended, more sandbox than formulated story.
-There was a ton of poo poo to do in BL1, you found yourself just milling about before moving on to the next zone. For completion!
-One didn't feel like they needed to rush to the end. gently caress around, who cares? I don't want to stay in these new TPS areas (which are small and not worth exploring) for more then 2 seconds.
-BL1 had a main story but it didn't feel any more important then any other sidequest. BL2 had a overarching story but let's be honest it was mostly ruined but Executive interference.
-One SHOULDN'T BE forced to watch the same dumb cut scenes over and over and over... BUT YOU ARE gently caress!
-IN BORDERLANDS Even the lovely green items were varied and unique, go ahead and use whatever works. WHO GIVES A poo poo. IN TPS LEGENDARY WEAPONS ARE MANDATORY!
-Moons are smaller, but does a sequel to a game really have to be smaller? You paid full price for it right?
-This sequel has no vs mode, no decent match making, its really just a thrown together mess
-You can feel the game grabbing the money out of your pockets and tiny tina laughing
-Every level feels like the borderlands equivalent of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qFRq7PRrzU TPS is a Borderlands rip off.
"oh you died, your toe touched the lava, that isn't animated"
-Every driving sequence is like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOyOAxA_AQ
-You just want to stop the monotony. I keep hoping that when I start a new game that, "This time will be different, the whole game will shudder and let me move freely FINALLY, or just SKIP cutscenes.
BUT NO ITS ALWAYS THE SAME. ITS ALWAYS THE loving SAME. KILL YOURSELF IN THE LAVA THAT ISN'T ANIMATED! OVER AND OVER.
THE lovely LAVA IS THE MOST CHALLENGING ENEMY IN THE WHOLE GAME. gently caress. YOU DROWNED ON THE MOON. IN THE loving LAVA. NOW I FELL THROUGH THE MAP.
ARE WE HAVING FUN YET? gently caress THIS NORWEGIAN PIECE OF poo poo. THIS IS THE WORST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED. IF THERE IS ANYTHING FUN ABOUT IT I CLEARLY HAVE NOT FOUND IT
PLAYING IT 8 TIMES IN A ROW. I DON'T LIKE PLAYING THIS. 2K EXECUTIVES LOOKED AT BORDERLANDS AND SAID "WHAT IS HAPPINESS!? HOW DO YOU MONETIZE IT!?
ENJOY THIS PRE-SEQUEL MADE BY NEW ZEALAND"

lets burn fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 5, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
On the one hand, I agree with most of your complaints and think they overall paint a bigger picture on why this game is definitely not as good as the others despite the new mechanics being interesting. On the other hand dude jesus calm down before you pop a blood vessel it's just a video game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm on board with pretty much everything in PS except the RK5. :shobon:
You shouldn't have to cheese a mandatory boss in the first playthrough.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lets burn posted:

THIS IS THE WORST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED. IF THERE IS ANYTHING FUN ABOUT IT I CLEARLY HAVE NOT FOUND IT
PLAYING IT 8 TIMES IN A ROW. I DON'T LIKE PLAYING THIS.
Maybe -- and hear me out here -- you could try not playing it

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Soothing Vapors posted:

Maybe -- and hear me out here -- you could try not playing it

Suuuuuure. Let me grab 90 dollars from my Money tree... for something I don't play.

I'm made of money.

Clearly haven't been wronged, I've only pirated everything my whole adult life...

I should just be disappointed, I got burned.

Seriously I could have spent that money on shotgun shells and coffee.

lets burn fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 5, 2014

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

lets burn posted:

sure let me pay 90 dollars for something I don't play. I'm made of money. And clearly haven't been wronged. I should just be disappointed.

Yeah the game isn't that great and it sucks you paid full price for it but Jesus gently caress stop being such a loving BABY.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
I had a tough time against quite a few of the bosses since I was always a 2-3 levels underleveled for the first playthrough. Deadlift (lmao lazerballs of doom), Felicity (so tanky), Zarpedon (one shot Novas) and RK5 (UGH NUKES) wrecked my poo poo a bunch.

I did figure out the platforming pretty fast though :shrug:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Borderlands 1 was actually pretty boring, with the exception of the Knoxx DLC.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Doflamingo posted:

Yeah the game isn't that great and it sucks you paid full price for it but Jesus gently caress stop being such a loving BABY.

I'm hoping to ruin this game for others.

No baby knows how to destroy the happiness of others.

I hope to take the rattle out of baby's hands.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If you like this game you, you probably also like those mobile "tap" games, and in-app-purchases.

Put down your clash of clans just long enough to play some borderlands the Pre Sequel The Star Warsening, until your Mom yells at you to shower and clean your room.

Let me tell ya, its time to get a job. That's the exciting part of this game. Then its time to get back to being unhappy with a sub-par shooter.

gently caress it. Let's go bowling.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

On the one hand, I agree with most of your complaints and think they overall paint a bigger picture on why this game is definitely not as good as the others despite the new mechanics being interesting. On the other hand dude jesus calm down before you pop a blood vessel it's just a video game.

Don't worry it's good for him. I think.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

lets burn posted:

If you like this game you, you probably also like those mobile "tap" games, and in-app-purchases.

Put down your clash of clans just long enough to play some borderlands the Pre Sequel The Star Warsening, until your Mom yells at you to shower and clean your room.

Let me tell ya, its time to get a job. That's the exciting part of this game. Then its time to get back to being unhappy with a sub-par shooter.

gently caress it. Let's go bowling.

We should go bowling :mad:
There is a place by my house that is like a reverse bowling alley. It's a bar that happens to have bowling lanes in the back, and it is beautiful.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Sloober posted:

Is there a way to drop quests? I bugged out one of the sidequests by killing the target before it registered as a goal, leaving it unable to be completed. (Boomer for the beacon quest janey sends you on)

You can usually use Gibbed to edit what quests you have, but I don't know if that will completely reset Boomer or not.

Tezzeract posted:

I had a tough time against quite a few of the bosses since I was always a 2-3 levels underleveled for the first playthrough. Deadlift (lmao lazerballs of doom), Felicity (so tanky), Zarpedon (one shot Novas) and RK5 (UGH NUKES) wrecked my poo poo a bunch.

I did figure out the platforming pretty fast though :shrug:

Zarpedon's novas are really strong, but you can jump over them pretty easily, especially since she telegraphs the attack so much.

I think one of the big problems is that some boss health bars are red (indicating flesh) when they should be yellow (indicating armor), so you end up using the wrong element.

lets burn posted:

I'm hoping to ruin this game for others.

No baby knows how to destroy the happiness of others.

I hope to take the rattle out of baby's hands.

You're making me enjoy it more :allears: Please, keep telling me how you have never been so offended and hurt by a game in your life.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
"gently caress. YOU DROWNED ON THE MOON." could make for a good thread title at least. :v:

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
If we go bowling, can I request for those guard rail things? Because I can't for the life of me throw the bowling ball.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I won a few bowling trophies back in my day. Let's do this poo poo.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzeract posted:

If we go bowling, can I request for those guard rail things? Because I can't for the life of me throw the bowling ball.

Bumpers require a BAC level of .08 or greater. But, the night is young!

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

lets burn posted:

-Borderlands was open ended, more sandbox than formulated story.

This I don't understand at all. BL1 was a story shooter on rails with sidequests like any other RPG. It was not a sandbox by any means. It just felt that way because the main plot sucked and gave you no more reason to care than any of the side quests. For most of the game, the main plot was "mill around shooting guys". BL2 was a huge improvement in that the plot was tightly focused on killing Jack, and you had reason to want to kill Jack. TPS has similar plot that is focused, though with less motivation (save moon). I don't see how BL1 "get off a bus and shoot stuff until you trip over a vault" is your gold standard.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
And for the record Anthony Burch is a Bisexual homeless pedophile with no talent for writing.

This game is bad. What you've just played is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever played. At no point in its rambling, incoherent story was it even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having played it. I award it no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I don't understand how you could go into BLTPS hoping for BL1 design when you've been watching the design evolve over all of BL1's DLC, BL2 vanilla, and all the BL2 DLC.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lets burn posted:

And for the record Anthony Burch is a Bisexual homeless pedophile with no talent for writing.

You're going all out for this one, huh?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
BTW he wasn't the main writer for this one actually. Sorry it's just a pet peeve of mine when people just go for whatever name is the catchiest, like how Chris Avellone keeps getting credited for Fallout New Vegas despite having only a minor role. And by minor role I mean "a couple characters and quest lines".

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Boy this moved fast. Must as well throw this into the fire.

If he got the PC version, he is out $60-$100 that's not refundable. If you spent that much money on something, you expect it to be good.

Then again, some of those points are just nitpicking. First off, there is nothing forcing you to rush through the story missions. Sure the narrative may make it seem like time is of the essence but there is no consequence from taking your time exploring and doing side missions. It's not like you get locked into the story mission or there is a time limit you have to beat before Elpis blows up.

Cutscenes? It's probably no more than 10 minutes out of 6 to 8 hours of gameplay per playthrough. Tired of watching it again? Do something else for a few seconds or minutes. Get up and stretch. Get a drink. Browse the internet. Anything that'll keep you occupied or calm you down you lazy gently caress.

Legendary items are hardly mandatory at the moment. Sure most of my items have a rarity of blue or greater but it's not like I'm decked out in orange items and forced to use a specific overpowered skill build set because all the enemies are bullet sponges that can kill you in one shot.

VS mode? Do we really need one beyond the dueling system?

Matchmaking? At least it's not Gamespy.

Okay so some of those may not be great arguments. However if you're really that butt hurt about the game, return it for a refund or do a chargeback on your credit card if you're feeling audacious.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Edward IV posted:

If he got the PC version, he is out $60-$100 that's not refundable. If you spent that much money on something, you expect it to be good.

Then again, some of those points are just nitpicking. First off, there is nothing forcing you to rush through the story missions. Sure the narrative may make it seem like time is of the essence but there is no consequence from taking your time exploring and doing side missions. It's not like you get locked into the story mission or there is a time limit you have to beat before Elpis blows up.

Cutscenes? It's probably no more than 10 minutes out of 6 to 8 hours of gameplay per playthrough. Tired of watching it again? Do something else for a few seconds or minutes. Get up and stretch. Get a drink. Browse the internet. Anything that'll keep you occupied or calm you down you lazy gently caress.

Legendary items are hardly mandatory at the moment. Sure most of my items have a rarity of blue or greater but it's not like I'm decked out in orange items and forced to use a specific overpowered skill build set because all the enemies are bullet sponges that can kill you in one shot.

VS mode? Do we really need one beyond the dueling system?

Matchmaking? At least it's not Gamespy.

Okay so some of those may not be great arguments. However if you're really that butt hurt about the game, return it for a refund or do a chargeback on your credit card if you're feeling audacious.

I expected the game to be good, and it was. Yay! Still haven't played it eight times though.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr E posted:

I expected the game to be good, and it was. Yay! Still haven't played it eight times though.

See my mistake was that I expected it to be half life 3, my bad. I see my error.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lets burn posted:

Suuuuuure. Let me grab 90 dollars from my Money tree... for something I don't play.

I'm made of money.

Clearly haven't been wronged, I've only pirated everything my whole adult life...

I should just be disappointed, I got burned.

Seriously I could have spent that money on shotgun shells and coffee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

:smug:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Edward IV posted:

You mean 30-50 if you're smart.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I expected it to be more Borderlands, and that's what it was! Yay! :buddy:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

lets burn posted:

See my mistake was that I expected it to be half life 3, my bad. I see my error.

I've got 86 hours into TPS, with 2.5 normal playthroughs and 0.5 TVHM. How you've managed to do 4 normal and 4 TVHM playthroughs and not felt like you got something of value out of it is mindblowing. Even if we take the position that you enjoy torturing yourself, you still got 8 playthroughs worth of torture, which is surely a much better hourly rate than even the cheapest flogging.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aurora posted:

You're going all out for this one, huh?

I mean he's not wrong. Those are all true things about Anthony Burch.

edit: Well, maybe not pedophile, but he is bisexual, homeless, and an awful writer.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

edit: Well, maybe not pedophile, but he is bisexual, homeless, and an awful writer.

Why bring it up if you aren't flailing for things to say though? Like I said he isn't even the main writer.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

You mean 30-50 if you're smart.

or free if you're the smartest.

Skandranon posted:

How you've managed to do 4 normal and 4 TVHM playthroughs and not felt like you got something of value out of it is mindblowing.

Maybe you enjoy mindless repetitive tasks, I don't know what to say. We're different people.

At some point I got high and saw through the bullshit.

Feel free to chime in. I feel like you could contribute really good criticisms.

If you're stuck call me up to help you beat this transparent money pit.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

he's at least a pedophile apologist/sympathizer.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh gamergate. I forgot that existed.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Skandranon posted:

I've got 86 hours into TPS, with 2.5 normal playthroughs and 0.5 TVHM. How you've managed to do 4 normal and 4 TVHM playthroughs and not felt like you got something of value out of it is mindblowing. Even if we take the position that you enjoy torturing yourself, you still got 8 playthroughs worth of torture, which is surely a much better hourly rate than even the cheapest flogging.

He is obviously just shitposting.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah that's obvious now that I remember stock gg talk. Now I feel silly.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I have 72 hrs played in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
That doesn't mean you're not shitposting.

• Locked thread