Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

GrAviTy84 posted:

The watch was given to the kid. The kid was one of the guys at the trough in terminus that got his throat cut. Carol found the watch in the pile of belongings and gave it back to rick.

Oh poo poo! I thought there was something weirdly familiar about the kid. I get it now. Although I don't know how I missed Carol giving him her ex husband's watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

They also never really explained the disparity between the hospital being an inescapable prison pinned down by countless zombies and the cops having an entire fleet of vehicles with the ability to run out and grab new recruits routinely.
And I was under the impression that Rick's group by now was pretty far away from Atlanta, are these cops just sitting all day in front of bait house in the hope someone shows up or did they just happen to be driving by?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Wasn't "bait house" just a never confirmed theory and it could've just been an outpost?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

Wasn't "bait house" just a never confirmed theory and it could've just been an outpost?

Even so, from what we've seen the exists from the city are completely hosed up with abandoned cars and hordes of undead, how far away from Atlanta do these cops roam in the search for women survivors?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

And I was under the impression that Rick's group by now was pretty far away from Atlanta, are these cops just sitting all day in front of bait house in the hope someone shows up or did they just happen to be driving by?

A single tank of gas would get them a fair chunk of the way to DC (or another far away city) yet we've have multiple examples of them spending prolonged times on the road and running out of gas only to apparently have barely moved. The one way that doesn't make sense is how neither scouts from the prison nor Woodbury ever ran into Terminus, yet after the prison falls there are apparently signs for it everywhere.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Senor Tron posted:

A single tank of gas would get them a fair chunk of the way to DC (or another far away city) yet we've have multiple examples of them spending prolonged times on the road and running out of gas only to apparently have barely moved. The one way that doesn't make sense is how neither scouts from the prison nor Woodbury ever ran into Terminus, yet after the prison falls there are apparently signs for it everywhere.
The show is actually a very subtle near-future satire on how Google Maps is turning us into idiots.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

I assume it's more of the second than the first. Obviously looting in the city has been extremely profitable for them, they seemed to be fairly well off in the hospital, and the "bait house" as I keep calling it was completely stacked with food. Stacked to the point where survivors having a tough time of it would probably consider staying put for a few days. Then the Rape Cops show up once a week while checking their trap line, and if anyone's home they summon a zombie horde to the front door and abduct anyone who comes running out. Although at this point it sounds like they're starting to abduct only girls.

edit: Is anyone else disappointed that Beth and Daryl didn't blast through the gate in a car, do a power slide into the zombies, then mow everyone down with guns right at the very end? It would have been lovely storytelling but made for a very fun post apocalyptic moment.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 5, 2014

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Senor Tron posted:

I imagine that navigating all the way from a zombie infested Atlanta to a deserted road in a rural backwoods some 80 or so kilometers away on a regular basis would be significantly trickier than filling up your tank with gas. Not that that would be easy to do on a regular basis either.
They depict the city outside the hospital as a slaughterhouse and then these people are just wasting shitloads of fuel in an ongoing wild-goose chase in the middle of the night?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If anything, I'm disappointed that cyclops dog wasn't at the hospital.

It would have been a great signal that the house was a trap and they had been under surveillance until they were vulnerable and separated.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Senor Tron posted:

They've also shown a few times that the roads are incredibly dangerous and unpredictable. We've actually seen multiple herds that have forced them to abandon vehicles. We've even seen weird phenomenon like what The Governor ran into when he tried to take his 'family' to safety. Before the prison they even talked about how several herds had kept them boxed in for basically the entire winter.

The herds are a constant threat and make the roads extremely dangerous

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

ZombieParts posted:

They've also shown a few times that the roads are incredibly dangerous and unpredictable. We've actually seen multiple herds that have forced them to abandon vehicles. We've even seen weird phenomenon like what The Governor ran into when he tried to take his 'family' to safety. Before the prison they even talked about how several herds had kept them boxed in for basically the entire winter.

The herds are a constant threat and make the roads extremely dangerous

The herds are also the reason that they aren't on the main roads - that goes back to the first season when they were making their way out of Atlanta.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This show's depiction of Georgia's geography is so out of line with reality it's best to just not think about it.

That said, a much more sane way to get to DC than Abraham's apparent plan would be to double back to Atlanta generally follow 75/40 through Chattanooga, Knoxville and eventually into Virginia because they would have to deal with significantly fewer mountains than anything that involves going east around N. Carolina territory.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

Didn't Rape Cop say they had a line on some guns and that's why they were out that far?

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Why haven't they found a few jeeps/ other 4x4"things and made their own roads.Everytime I see a highway full of parked cars there are always a few suvs. When the dead rise me and my jeep will never get caught in a traffic jam

moths
Aug 25, 2004

He's not going to cackle and say she fell right into the redneck trap.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

joebuddah posted:

Why haven't they found a few jeeps/ other 4x4"things and made their own roads.Everytime I see a highway full of parked cars there are always a few suvs. When the dead rise me and my jeep will never get caught in a traffic jam

On that note why haven't I seen an single reinforced armored vehicle (besides the tanks)

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

unlimited shrimp posted:

Didn't Rape Cop say they had a line on some guns and that's why they were out that far?

Yeah he did.

I think we'll probably never find out exactly what the deal was with the Mortician's house, and I like it that way. In a world like this it's cool to have locations with some mystery to them.

Recess Monkey
Aug 16, 2002

What's all this about raping? The hospital was clearly a lollipop-based economy. Gorman was actually quite nice in sharing with Beth.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

The one way that doesn't make sense is how neither scouts from the prison nor Woodbury ever ran into Terminus, yet after the prison falls there are apparently signs for it everywhere.

They actually do get small hints of terminus during the prison arc. During the swine flu arc when tyreese, Bob, michonne, and Daryl go for antibiotics they happen across a broken up static signal with a few choice terminus words.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Yeah, the scene that a lot of people here claimed the writers "forgot about" since it wasn't followed up on in the next episode.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I want to see them run into a group that actually did know about Terminus, and Woodbury, (and Grady Memorial why not) and knows about them falling so in their mind Rick's group are elevated to near-mythical agents of destruction.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

I want to see them run into a group that actually did know about Terminus, and Woodbury, (and Grady Memorial why not) and knows about them falling so in their mind Rick's group are elevated to near-mythical agents of destruction.

I like this idea. A lot.

Edit: found it

Bored fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 5, 2014

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

The hole I see here is that any group that would know the true nature of the termites are either now part of them or are on Tasha Year's grill or in line to be.

Edit: and to some degree the governor too. They killed people who would come across them and they'd steal their supplies.

Grady was kind of hinted at by Noah. It seems like they only interact with people that are weaker than them. I mean, none of the rape cops even looked remotely tough. Tyreese could probably clear than hospital by himself.

GrAviTy84 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 5, 2014

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kelly posted:

The herds are also the reason that they aren't on the main roads - that goes back to the first season when they were making their way out of Atlanta.

If I95 is impassable and they had to take another highway theres some that go through the mountains in Tennessee that could get hosed up by just a few stalled or abandoned cars.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

On that note why haven't I seen an single reinforced armored vehicle (besides the tanks)

I could've swore the army guys the governor wasted had an armored personnel carrier.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

So basically My Name is Legend

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Recess Monkey posted:

What's all this about raping? The hospital was clearly a lollipop-based economy. Gorman was actually quite nice in sharing with Beth.

Boy won't Beth have egg on her face when the army comes to save them tomorrow!

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Did anyone else notice what looked like Daryl scoping out Beth and the Doctor when they were on the roof of the hospital, right before he tells Beth to give that guy Clozapine or whatever it is?

I didn't go back and check, but there's a shot with some guy on the roof of an adjacent building in the background checking them out.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

GrAviTy84 posted:

Tyreese could probably clear than hospital by himself.

If he wasn't being such a bitch :snoop:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

DoctaFun posted:

Did anyone else notice what looked like Daryl scoping out Beth and the Doctor when they were on the roof of the hospital, right before he tells Beth to give that guy Clozapine or whatever it is?

I didn't go back and check, but there's a shot with some guy on the roof of an adjacent building in the background checking them out.

He's some lookout/sniper for them, he's visible as soon as they come out onto the roof.

e: Interestingly, it looks like he's the actual focus of the shot as the camera moves, and he becomes obscured by a post and Beth before the next cut. Very ominous...maybe the idea is that he's keeping an eye on them as much as anything else.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

DoctaFun posted:

Yep, sure looks like Daryl carrying a sniper rifle and wearing a police uniform :what:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

So I just rewatched this week's ep. I think the thing that doesn't really balance out is definitely why Dawn is in charge. She makes a comment like "I didn't ask for this" which makes me think she's actually working under someone. Maybe Negan? That would explain how such a lovely group of weak cops could hold their own in ATL.

Wizard of Smart posted:

If he wasn't being such a bitch :snoop:

srsly tho. he been hella annoying this season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

moist turtleneck posted:

Yep, sure looks like Daryl carrying a sniper rifle and wearing a police uniform :what:

Don't talk down to him. Nonsense goon theorycrafting is the best part of serial show threads :allears:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The way it's shot, it's unclear whether he's protecting the wards or making sure they don't escape.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

moist turtleneck posted:

That's obviously a crossbow with an arrow just sticking out of it a bit.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

DoctaFun posted:

That's obviously a crossbow with an arrow just sticking out of it a bit.

nah, looks like shane to me

edit: vvvv frakkin cylons

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Looks like the polar bear to me, the gun is loaded with time travelling bullets.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GrAviTy84 posted:

nah, looks like shane to me

edit: vvvv frakkin cylons

It is Daryl. But not the Daryl we know.

:psylon:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

~*~*~All along the guard tower~*~*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

precision posted:

This show's depiction of Georgia's geography is so out of line with reality it's best to just not think about it.

That said, a much more sane way to get to DC than Abraham's apparent plan would be to double back to Atlanta generally follow 75/40 through Chattanooga, Knoxville and eventually into Virginia because they would have to deal with significantly fewer mountains than anything that involves going east around N. Carolina territory.

Huh? Anything that involves taking I40 means that they'll end up on I81. And I-81 goes through a lot of mountains. Eastern North Carolina is super flat, as is the Eastern part of Virginia.

• Locked thread