Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Found a vid that shows off what's capable on the new CoD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19bA_2l9s5s&t=235s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Daric posted:

Can we get a separate thread for the people who bought it on PC so we don't have to see them complaining about poo poo when they were specifically told not to get this game on PC?

There's like 9 of us total on pc and you're making it sound like we're monopolizing the converation when all we really want are flashy red boots to go with our perfect run and gun builds. Can't you see we're the same? :dance:

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Sab669 posted:

What does this even mean? My cool helmet disappeared, and now my 2x EXP is gone (which I knew was timed) :(

As somebody who's around level 30 and prestige 1, I think I figured this out. The guy above described the different timed items that can appear in your armory pretty well.

The time-limited armor pieces don't come from these - they come from some sort of action in the game. The bloodthirsty helmet comes after you kill five without dying, and you get the helmet for 30 minutes. Ditto the Baron helmet - you get a dog fight medal (killing an opponent who has boosted into the air while you too are boosted in the air) and access to the Baron helmet for 30 minutes.

The time-gated supply drop and experience bonuses, as far as I can tell, are active on your account the instant you get them from a supply drop. When you use up all the time - 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes and 45 minutes are the ones I've seen - you get an alert saying they've expired. These, otherwise, never show up anywhere in the game (in your armory, on your HUD, etc.). They only appear as an icon in the lobby room while they're active.

Worth noting is that, as far as I know, there are NO weapons that are time-gated. Anything you unlock, you keep.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

^that makes a lot more sense than what my brain was trying to piece together about all of the loot stuff.

Friendly reminder to not encourage or respond to awkward vbc posts thanks carry on.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Dubstep shotgun with Overcharge, Lightweight, Gun-ho, and Exo Overdrive is just good stupid fun, flying all over the map at 1000 mph Goomba stomping and sonic booming.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GET MY BELT SON posted:

ladies and gentlemen I have elite pants

There is a sexual joke in here somewhere.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Undead Muppet posted:

Dubstep shotgun with Overcharge, Lightweight, Gun-ho, and Exo Overdrive is just good stupid fun, flying all over the map at 1000 mph Goomba stomping and sonic booming.

Literally the only gun I've used. I have most of the camo for it already.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fibby Boy posted:

There is a sexual joke in here somewhere.
Better get in those pants before they expire.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The nice thing about the dubstep shotgun is with the current state of the game, I don't have the frustration of firing 10+ rounds at someone and having them kill me. The enemy either dies in one shot, or I die.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I'm really dumb. What's this dubstep gun you all speak of?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Machinima Man posted:

Supply Drop skins of the laser I think.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Daric posted:

Can we get a separate thread for the people who bought it on PC so we don't have to see them complaining about poo poo when they were specifically told not to get this game on PC?

We are pretty used to getting poo poo on as PC players, I don't think there even was a Ghosts PC thread.
We know what we got ourselves into.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Machinima Man posted:

The Tac 19 shotgun.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So I prestiged finally, and all things considered the game is good. Don't know how much staying power it will have though because it is not balanced at all. That being said, if anyone is interested in some serious sperg, I am feeling autistic and was thinking about writing up the most broken classes you can create.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

So I prestiged finally, and all things considered the game is good. Don't know how much staying power it will have though because it is not balanced at all. That being said, if anyone is interested in some serious sperg, I am feeling autistic and was thinking about writing up the most broken classes you can create.

I would love to read this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Maybe I missed it in my short play through, but can you do anything similar to this in the new CoD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9IZju7L_U&t=402s

:lol: if you're still playing quake 3 in tyool 2014. Upgrade your pentium 3 already grampa. :laffo:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Knifegrab posted:

let the autism flow through you

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Mill Village posted:

The Tac 19 shotgun.

I don't recall seeing a dubstep gun. Are we talking this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJOeCUYIqY&t=13s

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVheS9ChbAo&t=7s

because if its the former I'll take back all the negative things I've said.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
It is basically that shotgun from Minority Report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VpLRpcL9CA

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Raioner posted:

I would love to read this.

gently caress it, that's all the convincing I need!

So because of the new mechnanics this game is basically still a run and gun nightmare. As such I recommend three run and gun builds: tac knife, shotgun, and SAC3 (future vectors). I will start with the most powerful and work my way down.

SAC3 Run n Gun, thanks to the goon above who made me aware, I didn't even realize these guns were akimbo by default. Run around at full speed, using overclock when appropriate, hold down both mouse buttons and win games. Scavenger means you never run out of ammo. This is my highest scoring class.

Primary
SAC3 w/ Rapid Fire, Extended mags, lasersight/advanced rifling. The third attachment could be the laser sight or advanced rifling. I never unlocked advanced rifling but if its like the attachment is elsewhere the extended range might help you pick up kills but hte range is already a monster on these things. Also the laser sight is helpful but it is not necessary as it barely increases hipfire accuracy, for some reason this gun starts incredibly strong in the hip fire department.

Secondary
none. You don't need it.

Perks and Exo

Perk 1:
Lightweight
Overcharged

Perk 2:
Gung-ho
Fasthands

Perk 3:
scavenger

Exo ability:
Overclock

Shotgun Run n Gun - Plays incredibly similar to the SAC3 build, the main difference being a secondary to finish off people if you don't kill them with the incredibly quickly depleting clip. If the bulldog has extended mags it would do well here, I never unlocked it though. Build is effective because the bulldog can easily OHK but its range does fall of very very fast. Note: The reason you don't want gung ho on this build is because the bulldog with laser sight has a really tight spread suprisingly but when sprinting with gung ho the spread becomes the entire screen and it is lovely, so its always better to fire this weapon when running but not sprinting. Remember the bulldog seems to have virtually no cap to its firerate so you can basically dump all six shots into somebody in an instant, making it insanely strong at close range.

Primary
Bulldog w/ laser sight

Secondaru
Any of the handguns except the rail gun. I prefer the PDW as this gun should only be used to picking off people who you hit with the bulldog but didn't kill (too far away, missed shots, low ammo etc).

Perks and Exo
Perk 1:
Lightweight
Overcharged

Perk 2:
Fast Hands

Perk 3:
Scavenger

Exo Ability:
Overclock

Tac Knife - This is my favorite build to play. Its not as effective and requires you to have amazing aim but it honestly is really strong and a ton of fun. The tac knife attachment makes melee feel much more like mw2, than Advanced Warfare, its not as crazy but it is much easier to connect with a much shorter cooldown between swings. Bob and weave and keep your eyes on the minimap, enemy location is the most important in this one because it requires you to be extra sneaky/flanky. The railgun is a one hit kill to the upper body up to a close-medium range. If you throw advanced rifling onto the gun that OHK range almost doubles. It requires serious aiming skills though because its one shot or nothing.

Primary
None

Secondary
RW1, portable railgun w/ advanced rifling and Tac Knife

Perks and Exo

Perk 1:
Lightweight
Overcharged

Perk 2:
Peripherals

Perk 3:
Blast Suppressor

Exo abilities:
Overclock
Additional Optional: Mute Device

So those are the best run and gun weapons. They are incredibly strong if you have good map knowledge. They fail where you run in a straight line at people. AR's are still a beast in this game and can easily cut you down before you get close enough.

I have two other main classes that I like to play but I am not sure how strong I would consider them. I can add them if anyone wants them, its the assault rifle class, and the laser class, its still easy to top a scoreboard with these but requires a bit more finesse. I left room in these builds for killstreaks if you need them.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 5, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

It is basically that shotgun from Minority Report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VpLRpcL9CA

So its a shock riffle from 1999?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGuQmLq93E&t=119s

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Thanks for the post, interesting points and ideas.

Does not bringing a primary or secondary make your movement faster or something?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

coyo7e posted:

Thanks for the post, interesting points and ideas.

Does not bringing a primary or secondary make your movement faster or something?

No not really, but the TTK is so low already, that swapping weapons in a fight is normally a death sentence anyway and there are only a few instances where its a decent idea, and the extra slot points you get from it can be incredibly beneficial to grabbing another perk.

Don't use explosives, they are only decent in domination and even there kinda suck.

edit: Unless it does and I'm not aware, you do move super loving fast with the tac knife build.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7plphgW0tU&t=33s

Oh wow the new CoD is looking better.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

Can you please post how well you do with these loadouts because last iteration we had a guy posting pages and pages of hot tips and strats and then he finally admitted that it took him from a 0.9 to a 0.95 kd

ty

Chippzz
Mar 22, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Could you also tell me what you think about the Smart Pistol in Titanfall

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Chippzz posted:

Could you also tell me what you think about the Smart Pistol in Titanfall

Its p. good.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Can you please post how well you do with these loadouts because last iteration we had a guy posting pages and pages of hot tips and strats and then he finally admitted that it took him from a 0.9 to a 0.95 kd

ty

Almost always on top of the scoreboard (play mostly tdm and dom) if not in the top three. Have the odd game where I am doing nothing but loving up of course.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can't imagine how it wouldn't be overpowered, but is the grapple-line present in Multiplayer at all?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

spoon and I just found that you can get one supply drop each for max leveling armor and weapon proficiency in exo survival

also: contact grenades own

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

Almost always on top of the scoreboard (play mostly tdm and dom) if not in the top three. Have the odd game where I am doing nothing but loving up of course.

So like 10-10? 15-27?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

GET MY BELT SON posted:

spoon and I just found that you can get one supply drop each for max leveling armor and weapon proficiency in exo survival

also: contact grenades own

Which grenades explode on contact?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

So like 10-10? 15-27?

Like... 4-23 most the time.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

Like... 4-23 most the time.

Can't wait to try it out :)

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

Lethal, you have to cycle them.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR I understand that you're stuck in the past with your dumb baby nerd games but maybe you should just accept that the new and improved next-gen experience is the height of first person shooters, integrating realistic military themes with stunning visual effects and gripping gameplay.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

in exo survival there is a grenade called the contact grenade that explodes as soon as it touches something. it's similar to the tubes in mw2 minus the body shot ricochet

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Control Volume posted:

virtualboyCOLOR I understand that you're stuck in the past with your dumb baby nerd games but maybe you should just accept that the new and improved next-gen experience is the height of first person shooters, integrating realistic military themes with stunning visual effects and gripping gameplay.

But no dedicated servers :(.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Remember overclock is the best exo ability to toggle because it has no animation, it just turns on and off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Daric posted:

Or you could just scroll past the post posts you don't like to/want to read like an adult.

• Locked thread