Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ok how the heck do I link my gamer fuel energy whatever to my PSN AW account? I went to the actual COD website and unlinked my Xbox account and linked my psn account. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
COD and Dewritos hate flip floppers

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Goodchild posted:

After another day of playing, every single MP game continues to have red bars for 90% of the players in it. Is nobody else experiencing this on the Xbone? I'm shocked I haven't read more about it.
Played a handful of games with US goons last night, every game I (and most people) seemed to flip randomly between 1 and 4 bars. Gave up after several instances of putting entire magazines into people at close range with no result, then dying in what felt like 2-3 bullets from people across the map.

lokk
Nov 18, 2005
i'm legit.
Anyone playing on PC in Asia? I wanna buy this game, but not if there's only going to be TDM available to play due to lack of players.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Hm.. is something up with the spawn points? Sometimes in domination I will spawn next to a point that enemy has captured, and in momentum I've had the same guy spawn two times in pretty much the exact spot I killed him in - I'm guessing that guy was pretty mad.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

And re: 40 people who said "lol goons will bitch about anything," a recently released 5-year study found that they're actually about 300x more likely to drop into COD threads and white knight the game/deride goons for bitching and then never ever be heard from again after the end of the month because the game sucks

This time it's different.

snodig posted:

Hm.. is something up with the spawn points? Sometimes in domination I will spawn next to a point that enemy has captured, and in momentum I've had the same guy spawn two times in pretty much the exact spot I killed him in - I'm guessing that guy was pretty mad.

Must be your cpu. COD never has problems with spawns. It's one of the shining achievements of the series.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
No, my CPU is 2GB and should handle this game like a champ.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

snodig posted:

The spawns are as bad as they've been in every CoD ever. However. The maps are small and with the increased mobility they are absolutely loving tiny. People will spawn behind and in front of you allllll the time.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Javes posted:

I really hate that stock is locked behind 20 hip fire kills. I rely too much on the left stick for aiming.

This is my experience too.

I'm an adult who paid money for the game. Just give me everything and don't make me grind for poo poo.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Remember they said they would have dedicated servers for Ghosts?

lol

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Goodchild posted:

The spawns are as bad as they've been in every CoD ever. However. The maps are small and with the increased mobility they are absolutely loving tiny. People will spawn behind and in front of you allllll the time.

I'm sorry, who are you? If I don't recognize you I doubt you have enough experience with the series to be judging it or saying such harsh things.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Zombies is in this, right?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Yeah dude I'm in in like Flynn.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Megafunk, and the 420noVapeshot crew. Which mumble are you guys on and what the gently caress was that laser LMG build that you had?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What does this even mean? My cool helmet disappeared, and now my 2x EXP is gone (which I knew was timed) :(

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Sab669 posted:

What does this even mean? My cool helmet disappeared, and now my 2x EXP is gone (which I knew was timed) :(

From the makers of "Press X to Bark," now presenting: "Loot Expired" 11/1/110/01/001/101/2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sab669 posted:

You have 3 things that can expire: Gear, Reinforcements and Double XP.

2 of them are obvious but Reinforcements apparently gives you a free Care Package a certain length into the match. The one I got was 4 minutes in. It had Scavenger in it.

Gear from Supply Drops seems to be permanent. There's also some Assassin set I've been unlocking that appears to be permanent. I don't know if it's from level-ups or challenges or what. The time limited gear is from getting certain medals in a round. If you get Bloodthirsty, you get a red and black helmet for 30 minutes. Getting the medal for 5 headshots in a round gets you a skull painted helmet, things like that.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I seem to have lost some really cool looking helmet; I saw this message earlier and didn't know what it meant. A little bit more obvious with the timed stuff like bonus EXP or whatever. I just want my helmet back :saddowns:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 5, 2014

dashKADE
Apr 8, 2013

O C C O Q U A N
Are the random weapons you get permanent? I've got a few and I'm afraid to use them.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

:chloe:

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Played a handful of games with US goons last night ... seemed to flip randomly between 1 and 4 bars.

i

Bagpuss_UK posted:

... US goons last night ... between 1 and 4 bars.

wonder

Bagpuss_UK posted:

... US ... 1 bar ...

why, saggy

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

dashKADE posted:

Are the random weapons you get permanent? I've got a few and I'm afraid to use them.

Yep, I've had several and all seem permanent so far.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Just a reminder that its been over a month since news on Dedicated Servers was coming "soon."

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Him being overseas shouldn't cause everybody whose in the match with him to have wildly fluctuating latency. Besides, it's happening to a lot of people, not just goons playing with across the pond goons.

Also, any gun you get will be permanent. At least the 10+ I've gotten are.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Typical experiences playing from UK with US group...

Every previous CoD: 2-3 bars depending on East/West coast makeup/location of party leader - 3 bars not too bad, 2 bars pretty hit-and miss. Never ever had a 4-bar connection with US goons. Sometimes 1 bar when we get chucked into a Brazilian/Japanese hosted game.

Advanced Warfare: Randomly 1 bar or 4 bar from game to game (sometimes flipping between them mid-game). Lag seemingly has no correlation to ping report, can happily kill people when it's showing 1 bar, other times targets are warping across the map/bullets not registering when showing 4 bars.

Clearer?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah, the latency has been all over the place, particularly in Ground War.

TarKist
Oct 18, 2005

εν τούτω νίκα
I gotta say, despite you kids here saying don't get this on PC, I've been having the most fun I've had in an FPS in a long time. My only gripe is that I have no one to talk to about how lovely I am at it, so add me on Steam if you would like to make fun of my gun choices. Name is either TarKist or Fart Sparkles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dashKADE posted:

If you go to the Armory you can see a timer on your stuff that isn't permanent.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
As an Australian and the last one I played was BLOPS1, the lag feels same as ever on my end :shrug: Half of the matches are a crapshoot if I'm going to get a good ping.

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008

Stumpalitious posted:

Yeah exo stealth is kinda useless as far as I can tell. You're harder to notice in passing or at a distance, but that's not exactly too useful and a careful eye will still see you b/c you're bright loving blue.

I was worried from trailers that it would be too stealthy and annoying, but it turns out that it being useless is what they went with, guess they found being too invisible annoying or something.

Late to the conversation but I've been using it when breaking off from a fight. Round a corner, cloak and go prone. Most dudes will run right past you letting you heal up and get the drop on the them.

I agree that it's garbage if you're moving though.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

ReformedNiceGuy posted:

Late to the conversation but I've been using it when breaking off from a fight. Round a corner, cloak and go prone. Most dudes will run right past you letting you heal up and get the drop on the them.

I agree that it's garbage if you're moving though.

The exo power that mutes your footsteps though is brilliant for creeping up on people, especially with the perk that makes it last longer.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Pork Pie Hat posted:

The exo power that mutes your footsteps though is brilliant for creeping up on people, especially with the perk that makes it last longer.

Yeah Overcharged is my fav perk so far, if only for when you slam onto the ground to stun nearby pubs you can pretend you're Adam Jensen.

KF5 gung ho runnin' be pretty slick to

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I don't think Exo Stealth is terrible but it mostly serves two purposes:

1) Making your character harder to pick out at a distance to help you move through larger, open areas

2) Buying yourself an extra half-second of reaction time against a good chunk of players

That said I find Exo Ping to be the most useful ability so far.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Can we get a separate thread for the people who bought it on PC so we don't have to see them complaining about poo poo when they were specifically told not to get this game on PC?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ladies and gentlemen I have elite pants

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Daric posted:

Can we get a separate thread for the people who bought it on PC so we don't have to see them complaining about poo poo when they were specifically told not to get this game on PC?

Better plan: Don't buy this game at all.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Better plan: Don't buy this game at all.

It's pretty amazing that everything you've ever posted has been the opposite of correct.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I got a chance to give this game a go and it's still the same slow CoD game. You'd think that adding the jump button they could go back to at least Quake 3 movement speeds. Better luck next year after Nintendo's Splatoon shows Activision how a console shooter should be done.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I got a chance to give this game a go and it's still the same slow CoD game. You'd think that adding the jump button they could go back to at least Quake 3 movement speeds. Better luck next year after Nintendo's Splatoon shows Activision how a console shooter should be done.

Nah your wrong. You didn't play the game at all.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Maybe I missed it in my short play through, but can you do anything similar to this in the new CoD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9IZju7L_U&t=402s

We can lower the bar if needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKaAysaRsSc

What I played was incredibly slow even with the look sensitivity turned all the way up. Then again, I was playing it on a console so that could be a factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

How'd you find the time between coming up with all those sick burns?

• Locked thread