Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

please don't post my selfies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

lets burn posted:

Maybe you enjoy mindless repetitive tasks, I don't know what to say. We're different people.

At some point I got high and saw through the bullshit.

I think your quality screenshot indicates you enjoy "things I don't enjoy" the most of anyone here. At what point during your excruciatingly painful journey to level 50 with all characters did you realize you were unhappy? Half way? Why did you continue? Maybe you should go back and 'sandbox' around more in BL1. Do you have all max level characters there? Why not go for double?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
I have 41 hours in the game and have 1 50 and a level 14 and I still used gibbed to give me a few levels on the 50. How do you get 4 level 50s in 72 hours?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
He didn't. I doubt that's even his screen shot.

He just popped into this thread today to make a big smelly dump for his own entertainment.

Edit: not to mention he insinuates he pirated the game. He's just an idiot unfunny troll.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mokinokaro posted:

He didn't. I doubt that's even his screen shot.

He just popped into this thread today to make a big smelly dump for his own entertainment.

You disrespectful little poo poo. You've been nesting on this thread like a smelly opossum chewing on attic fiberglass insulation.

I beat the poo poo out of this poo poo game. My opinion is valid. And doesn't need to be validated by your braying.

I posted that screen shot two minutes ago, it came directly from my MS paint. I could give two shitposts about what you think.

My smelly dump shitposts are your breakfast this morning. Eat my poo poo.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

lets burn posted:

I have 72 hrs played in this game.

I have 141 hours in this game, and I'm having a great time. If you've blasted through the game 8 times in 72 hours, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

AirRaid posted:

I have 141 hours in this game, and I'm having a great time. If you've blasted through the game 8 times in 72 hours, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

teach me how to waste my time obi-wan.

We are all dieing.

Becoming the sands of time.

Turning into dust.

that was a haiku

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I'm enjoying this.

Reading the posts more as if Krieg played TPS and wrote reviews rather than shitposting.

from that perspective, these are hilarious!

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

my favorite character ;)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
this is how krieg farms that raid boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0bozzVml_A

(seriously the most awesome boss in blands yet imo)

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

lets burn posted:

teach me how to waste my time obi-wan.

Considering how angry you are for how un-enjoyable that 72 hours you spent was, I think we can conclude you are the expert here at wasting time. We are having fun playing the game, so it's not wasted time.

donkey salami posted:

I'm enjoying this.

Reading the posts more as if Krieg played TPS and wrote reviews rather than shitposting.

from that perspective, these are hilarious!

Krieg would be more coherent.

Skandranon fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 5, 2014

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

donkey salami posted:

I'm enjoying this.

His posts are more Tiny Tina than Krieg. The pinnacle of Burch's writing.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Skandranon posted:

so it's not wasted time.

I love that its so many shades of beige. This game is kinda boring and doesn't live up to its hype. I didn't like the pre-sequel. Its *yawn* a waste of time. And yah boring. Look at all the blood. Isn't this interesting. This changes everything.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

lets burn posted:

I love that its so many shades of beige. This game is kinda boring and doesn't live up to its hype. I didn't like the pre-sequel. Its *yawn* a waste of time. And yah boring. Look at all the blood. Isn't this interesting. This changes everything.

Hey, to each his own. You like smashing your dick with a hammer. I like shooting mans. We'll simply have to agree to disagree. Glad that's over with.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
My biggest problem with the game so far in my very limited time with it is that I hate Athena and Nisha's action skills and I would rather hammer nails into my junk than play Claptrap. You're my last hope Wilhelm :ohdear:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

My biggest problem with the game so far in my very limited time with it is that I hate Athena and Nisha's action skills and I would rather hammer nails into my junk than play Claptrap. You're my last hope Wilhelm :ohdear:

Why don't you like Athena's action skill? The invincibility has saved my life a couple times (it stops DoTs!) and it becomes amazing when you get skills that add more effects to it. (honest question!)

Nisha's action skill is really hit or miss though, I'll agree with that. It's really designed for up-close-and-personal fights, or for sniping unsuspecting enemies.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Solumin posted:

Nisha's action skill is really hit or miss though, I'll agree with that.

But the whole point of the skill is that you can't miss! :v:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Solumin posted:

Nisha's action skill is really hit or miss though, I'll agree with that. It's really designed for up-close-and-personal fights, or for sniping unsuspecting enemies.

It works well when in the air, you can focus on where you're landing and still be lethal. It also adds extra damage, rate of fire, reload speed, etc, so is great for burning down bosses even if you are already excellent at aiming.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Being in the air is best anyway because then the hipfiring is more likely to headshot, and you're still proccing your hipfiring bonuses assuming you took the early right tree. And why would you not that poo poo is awesome. Combined with the middle tree capstone it really turns you into an OP powerhouse.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AirRaid posted:

But the whole point of the skill is that you can't miss! :v:

:thejoke:

It's also hilarious if you have a spinigun, especially a Vladof. (or Scav? Do they even make spiniguns?) Sure, you'll have no ammo by the end of it, but you'll have destroyed everything around you.

I really wish the Bitch was in this game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

It's more hilarious with a continuous fire bonus laser.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Solumin posted:

:thejoke:

It's also hilarious if you have a spinigun, especially a Vladof. (or Scav? Do they even make spiniguns?) Sure, you'll have no ammo by the end of it, but you'll have destroyed everything around you.

I really wish the Bitch was in this game.

The Bitch is kinda in this game, albeit cryo only and under a different name.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Skandranon posted:

Hey, to each his own. You like smashing your dick with a hammer. I like shooting mans. We'll simply have to agree to disagree. Glad that's over with.

I'm having the same issue. I love the combat/movement changes and new classes, am annoyed by the complete lack of interface/map improvements, and am heavily dissapointed by how much of a slog the quest content is.

Almost EVERY drat QUEST is "run across this multi-level, fairly under populated map 3+ times." Spent most of last weekend with two friends playing local co-op (3 xboxes/tvs) and had an unreasonably tedious time of trying to just find a place we could run around and shoot for reasonable XP. And if we tried to just do the quests, the enemies soon out-levelled us until all the fights were a soul-draining series of corpse runs against bags of hit points.

I do like the low level enemies more then BL1 and 2's, they're more interesting to fight, in addition to the combat itself being more varied. I just... want to not have the game feel like work.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
I think it's a mistake to compare TPS to BL2 + all DLC. TPS just came out, a year from now it will be a more fair comparison. We all got what was promised, which was more Borderlands + low gravity and lasers. If you think of it as 4 character DLC + 2 campaign DLC, it's worth the price.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Skandranon posted:

I think it's a mistake to compare TPS to BL2 + all DLC. TPS just came out, a year from now it will be a more fair comparison. We all got what was promised, which was more Borderlands + low gravity and lasers. If you think of it as 4 character DLC + 2 campaign DLC, it's worth the price.

When BL2 first came out I only played it for maybe 2 hours before getting bored. So TPS is already ahead in that factor.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

RubberBands Hurt posted:

I'm having the same issue. I love the combat/movement changes and new classes, am annoyed by the complete lack of interface/map improvements, and am heavily dissapointed by how much of a slog the quest content is.

Almost EVERY drat QUEST is "run across this multi-level, fairly under populated map 3+ times." Spent most of last weekend with two friends playing local co-op (3 xboxes/tvs) and had an unreasonably tedious time of trying to just find a place we could run around and shoot for reasonable XP. And if we tried to just do the quests, the enemies soon out-levelled us until all the fights were a soul-draining series of corpse runs against bags of hit points.

I do like the low level enemies more then BL1 and 2's, they're more interesting to fight, in addition to the combat itself being more varied. I just... want to not have the game feel like work.

Triton Flats, right outside of Concordia, stays leveled with you. I think it's the same scale as Concordia, so it depends on how far you are in the main story. But the enemies and vendors scale up as you progress.

Admittedly, it's fairly spread out, but there are a bunch of fun areas to fight in.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Solumin posted:

Triton Flats, right outside of Concordia, stays leveled with you. I think it's the same scale as Concordia, so it depends on how far you are in the main story. But the enemies and vendors scale up as you progress.

Admittedly, it's fairly spread out, but there are a bunch of fun areas to fight in.

Thanks, I'll check it out. We were looking for lower level quests and then running around whatever was nearby in their zones to find fights.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

i go to tritan flats a lot for the call to arms quest early on. i usually run up and fight the darksiders for fun while i am there and since fast trak right next to them.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That's usually what I do. I think there's a big chest or two in the area, which is nice.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It's amazing how getting a good weapon can change the game for you. I gave up (more like put on hiatus) on Claptrap around level 15 since I kept dying to a ton of things and I feel like the special move was never really helping me.

I picked up Athena and got stuck on Deadlift due to having lovely weapons. Went out and completed some side quest and got me a shock weapon sniper rifle and gently caress me the next 2 hours flew by. Snipe people, switch to close range weapon + use shield + make someone's face explode by tossing the shield.

Interest in game renewed. Too bad Jack's doppleganger is coming out soon as I'm barely 2.5 hours into the game with Athena but gently caress if I ever want to play these first hours/missions again after doing it once already with Claptrap.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

lets burn posted:

Borderlands has been and always will be the gaming equivalent of a Hot Pocket. The rose-colored glasses of your avatar are the hilarious subtext to each of your whiny posts.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Borderlands has been and always will be the gaming equivalent of a Hot Pocket.

It burns your tongue, gives you diarrhea, and somehow you just can't stop eating it? I guess that's accurate in his case

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

lets burn posted:

Suuuuuure. Let me grab 90 dollars from my Money tree... for something I don't play.

I'm made of money.

Clearly haven't been wronged, I've only pirated everything my whole adult life...

I should just be disappointed, I got burned.

Seriously I could have spent that money on shotgun shells and coffee.

So what you're saying is you not only wasted your money on the game, but 8 playthroughs of your free time as well?

CJacobs posted:

It burns your tongue, gives you diarrhea, and somehow you just can't stop eating it? I guess that's accurate in his case

I personally liked BL1 the best simply because it was the least RPG-ish and thus the most fun as a shooter. You could carry green guns all the way to the end of playthrough 2 and be fine, but also carry around that purple torgue shotgun for like 6 levels.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 6, 2014

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dyz posted:

I personally liked BL1 the best simply because it was the least RPG-ish and thus the most fun as a shooter. You could carry green guns all the way to the end of playthrough 2 and be fine, but also carry around that purple torgue shotgun for like 6 levels.

One thing I remember from BL1 is how I can carry a green two-shot shotgun into Playthrough 2 with little to no trouble. The thing had the potential to do over 1k damage point blank. Also had a melee blade on it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dyz posted:

That has nothing to do with it being more or less "RPG-ish." That's because it has linear scaling, while BL2 and TPS have exponential scaling (with TPS having significantly lower so it's more similar to BL1 in that regard).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's really loving bad actually.

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 24, 2014

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Genocyber posted:

That has nothing to do with it being more or less "RPG-ish." That's because it has linear scaling, while BL2 and TPS have exponential scaling (with TPS having significantly lower so it's more similar to BL1 in that regard).

Yes it does because I don't have to gear check every 2 levels or spec into the perfect build just to play the game at higher levels.

EDIT: I have to agree on the quest dialogue and cut-scenes too. I just did the stupid jumbuck quest on TVHM and literally did a circuit around all of the objectives before what's-his-face got finished with his rambling.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 6, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dyz posted:

Yes it does because I don't have to gear check every 2 levels or spec into the perfect build just to play the game at higher levels.

Once again that has nothing to do with RPG elements. Poor balance is poor balance.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

There's god damned nothing to shoot in this game. There's like a small cluster of dudes and then nothingness for like 10 minutes before you find more dudes. Are there more things to shoot in TVHM? My friend and I are on Helios now, and the guards trickle out and then you shoot the few of them and then that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Reiley posted:

There's god damned nothing to shoot in this game. There's like a small cluster of dudes and then nothingness for like 10 minutes before you find more dudes. Are there more things to shoot in TVHM? My friend and I are on Helios now, and the guards trickle out and then you shoot the few of them and then that's it.

Helios has shittons of enemies, not sure what you're talking about.

• Locked thread