Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

"that escalated quickly"

Not every game has to be some marathon event. Sometimes you get games like this where things just go irrevocably wrong for no special reason in particular, and then get worse from there. This is about as good as a recovery game could have gone for us, and we got two useful levels out of it. Hopefully our next (recovery) game goes equally well.

Dr. Wight is one of our dedicated punchers, and he should definitely get a skill that complements that. Piling On is the classic go-to after Mighty Blow. POMB is the gold standard of "punch a bitch", and Necromantic is very much a team that does well by clearing out members of the other team early on in the game. Tackle, on the other hand, is a skill you can't get too much of, and with Guard, it helps make the team a lot more sticky, especially against elfy teams.

As for Graverobbin Williams, we absolutely need Kick again, given that our previous kicker kinda got owned.

Also, as much as I love free players, Fire the zombie once we have a full roster, unless another zombie dies first. We already have 13 players and we don't need to bloat our TV. He'll be handy while we have some missing players, but once we're back to full strength we don't need him.

Keep Blitzer. Mighty Blow Wolves are as good as gold, and should never be squandered. 2 Agility just makes him less effective as a runner and dodger, but no less effective as a murderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
DR. WIGHT GETS GRAB SON and Graverobbin Williams can get whatever. Kick I guess.

There's no way in hell that you're kicking Clifford Olsen Twins immediately. You're keeping that zombie just to keep the legacy of my best player alive. :colbert:

In exchange you can also keep that lovely neckbroken Wolf.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Tackle because Piling On puts his av 7 rear end on the ground just waiting to get gang fouled.

Kick. Because... well kick.

Keep your trophy zombie for forever and/or when it gets injured horribly.

Keep Blitzer. Normally I'd say get rid of him, but I really like this team as just a big mess of injured players.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dr. Wight: Grab in honor of scoring the winning TD against Grab Chaos
Graverobbin Williams: King of Skills Wrestle
Clifford Olsen Twins: Keep this wonderful full house reference trophy and flaunt it forever.
Wolf Blitzer: the answer here is the same as real life wolf blitzer; Fire and replace

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Dr. Wight should absolutely become the proverbial ghoulie that grabs you. He's not a ghoul, but that's fine.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Dr. Wight: Tackle
Graverobbin Williams: Kick
Clifford Olsen Twins: Keep
Wolf Blitzer: Keep

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

UED Special Ops posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go with this too.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

UED Special Ops posted:

Why rewrite when you can quote the correct choice?

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Graverobbin Williams should take Fend to help gum up players on the LOS and because its secret strength is that people sometimes forget about players with fend.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I am not up on my white power history... what is operation stormfront?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Stormfront is the most infamous white supremacist website around.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Jade Star posted:

Stormfront is a super-ultra-mega-neo-nazi white power website / forum where the worst of the worst get together to circlejerk about aryan pride. Amusingly enough, they have a video game subforum in which they alternate whining about how jews control all the good studios and interpreting literally anything as pro-white-power.

As GNU said, we now live in a world where that joke happened. It just appeared in my head and it was too good to pass up, even though it was probably too ridiculous to say.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

UED Special Ops posted:

Coffeehitler posted:

Why rewrite when you can quote the correct choice?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Jade Star posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

UED Special Ops posted:

Aye.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

UED Special Ops posted:

Seems good.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

UED Special Ops posted:

yes

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Wight gets Grab in true Megaman fashion.
Graverobbin Williams gets Kick.
Keep the zombie.
Kill and feed the wolf to the new one.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 6, 2014

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Clifford Olsen Twins: Keep this wonderful full house reference trophy and flaunt it forever.
Wolf Blitzer: the answer here is the same as real life wolf blitzer; Fire and replace

I'm more inclined to this.
Why?

Because I want to name a new werewolf.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Wolf Blitzer: Fire and replace - new name Team Jacob

Wolf may still be able to murder but two injuries isn't worth it, he can be pinned down and taken out more easily. It's also another situation where we're in a recovery match waiting for a hobbled player to come back instead of working on building up a new one.

Races left: Dark Elf, High Elf, Nurgle, Ogre, Chaos Dwarves or Underworld

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010

UED Special Ops posted:

This. Blitzer still has a bit of murder left in the tank, we need to get full value from him.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

UED Special Ops posted:

Seconded. We need more Tackle to replace poor Blitzer for when his niggling injury eventually gets him killed. And because Blodge is a bitch.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

UED Special Ops posted:

Five
Jan 6, 2009

UED Special Ops posted:

This, except fire Clifford Olsen Twins

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

UED Special Ops posted:

This.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This, except give Dr. Wight Piling On for maximum murder.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

UED Special Ops posted:

I was initially supported firing Blitzer then SDS pointed out that he's less a scoring threat and more a murder machine, so definitely keep him.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

UED Special Ops posted:

This.All aboard the bandwagon.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Tackle for Dr Wight, Kick for Graverobbin Williams.

Keep Clifford Olsen Twins until such time as they need to be let go, and definitely Keep Blitzer.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Looking forward to seeing Wolf marked by a lino, try to escape, fail his AG2 dodge and get let's say...another niggling injury and then voted to be kept again.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Corte posted:

Looking forward to seeing Wolf marked by a lino, try to escape, fail his AG2 dodge and get let's say...another niggling injury and then voted to be kept again.

Why would we be rolling a dodge? We'd be rolling for murdering in the face.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

VinnyDonuts posted:

drat straight somebody's face is getting murdered.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 5, 2014

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

VinnyDonuts posted:

Because str3 vs str 3 with frenzy is a pretty risky block to roll. And Blitzer needs to be hitting valuable targets, not poo poo rookie linemen that are but meaty fodder to prevent him form hitting someone worth while.

You're right though, that you should never roll an AG2 dodge. It's still a losing situation though. Claw mb wolves are supposed to get in, hit something, and get out. Being AG2 and marked by a poo poo lineman ruins that entirely.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

VinnyDonuts posted:

As much as I love GNU for this, to quote SDS "[He] could be doing something retarded, at any given time [he] could be doing the dumbest possible thing". Then again I'm the guy who implements an AG3 passing game so...

It's more the fact that if I'm facing an AG2 valued positional I will be marking them with a cheap, worthless lino. Either they make one-die blocks, spend another player to ensure two-die or risk an AG2 dodge, any way you cut it I'm gaining an advantage. If Wolf goes down I'm going to be more inclined to risk getting a lino fouling him.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

For context, Dr. Wight passing to Santos or MacGruff is more likely to happen successfully than an AG2 dodge (odds get better for the pass play if you don't have a team RR available). AG2 is really not good.

To discuss my Wolf Blitzer tactics, I've been doing a lot of "Hit and Run" where I blitz a close target with Wolf and use the rest of my movement through the blitz to retreat inside my zombie mancage, mostly just to stop the counterblitz. This part won't be affected by -AG. But, the times where the turn is "Dodge this guy out, run 7 squares downfield to assist a block to free up this guy etc etc" becomes a bit less possible.

Though, on the other hand, Wolf Blitzer would now be entering Cholo Lean odds on dodges. Every dodge is a Wolflean

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
If you can get him down to agi 1 his actual in-practice dodging percentage will go up.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
If it were a regular, no doubles dog I would probably fire him. However Blitzer has MB block claw tackle. I vote to keep Blitzer and just keep blitzing. It sucks to lose one of your agility 3 players but a fresh no skill werewolf sucks even worse.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

apostateCourier posted:

Dr. Wight gets Grab in true Megaman fashion.
Graverobbin Williams gets Kick.
Keep both of the players. The wolf dies on the pitch, but Clifford will get the boot eventually.

This. Also foul more Zombies are so cheap! use them to step on mans. It's what they're FOR.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

tallying up, voting ends tomorrow afternoon

Dr. Wight
Tackle - 17
Grab, son - 7

Graverobbin Williams
Kick - 20
Wrestle - 4
Fend - 1

Clifford Olsen Twins
Keep - 23
Kick -

Wolf Blitzer
Keep - 19
Kick - 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So they only thing to ask yourself is do we want Gnu to grab or tackle?

• Locked thread