Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Oh so it's specific seeds. That makes sense.

Maybe Time Fcuk. It was another McMillen game after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Has anyone else encountered a key beggar? What exactly do they give you?

A few times. As far as I can tell he only drops chests. I put ~30 keys into one once and after a while it started dropping gold chests for every key I would give it but as far as I can tell it looks like it doesn't ever just pay out in an item and disappear like other beggars. I think it's really cool for post Mom keys but it takes so many keys to get anything that it's not going to be all that useful unless you have an absurd amount.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Kaethela posted:

Close enough, whatever. It still violates the no O rule though, so my point stands.

It gets input as B00B T00B. Like I said, characters that may be confused are automatically changed into their correct versions (I -> 1, O -> 0, U -> V).

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Those small circle enemies that hover on the wall and shoot beams of blood are really awful to fight and don't feel well designed for how the combat is in this game imo

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

apophenium posted:

Unfortunately, nothing can fix picking up the Cursed Eye. I hope they change that item around cause I think it would be pretty good if it didn't fuckin' teleport you whenever you get hit.

I think it only teleports you when you're charging your tears

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I think it only teleports you when you're charging your tears

Yep. It also doesn't do this if you are playing as Azazel or possibly if you have Brimstone. I got it with him and couldn't tell if it actually did anything.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Callick posted:

Those small circle enemies that hover on the wall and shoot beams of blood are really awful to fight and don't feel well designed for how the combat is in this game imo

I hate them but they're really fragile which i think helps balance them. If you want to talk about something hosed up, it's that room with all the walking turrets and those four indestructible bullet fountains firing toward the center of the room.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Zeratanis posted:

Bob's Rotten Brain is the stupidest god drat thing ever. Oh yes, I'd love something that pops up and instantly blows me up when I'm near something. :tizzy:

Explosive Thoughts is pretty lovely, too. You can bomb yourself to hell really fast when there's a lot of enemies in a small room.

Still not sure if Antigravity Tears are good or bad.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Using the Bible against Satan still kills you immediately. Lame.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Man, the Cellar is so rough on Hard mode. And The Haunt or whatever he's called is way trickier than the other starting bosses.

Still can't go back to Normal because I'm a masochist.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Mons Hubris posted:

I think you can bomb it to get coins out in later runs. Like 3-5 at a time.

You can do this but it takes away from the total you've already put in. Not sure if the shop can delevel this way.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
I got thrown in to some sort of Boss Rush mode this morning. Killed Mom, and a separate passage into a dark room appeared. Inside, 4 different items. Grabbed one, the others disappeared, and then it just kept spawning boss monsters. The room also would randomly spawn red poops in front of you, and it was so dark that it was hard to see. I ended up killing about 9 waves of double-bosses before I finally died. No idea how to get out of there. Anyone know what happens when you beat it/how to beat it? My items were really good, and I figured I'd be able to take that playthrough all the way... Until that happened.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

You beat all the waves, then it ends. There's ~10 waves I think? Ends with the horsemen.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I like the glitch where the game arbitrarily runs at 100x speed when you enter some rooms and instantly kills my best run on the Cathedral.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Just had a run with the Cursed Eye. It really didn't seem that bad, you just have to make sure you release your shot if you're about to get hit. Then again I did get an insane polyphemus+chocolate milk+multiple damage boosts combo that resulted in room-sized tears that one-hit basically everything.

Also got Bob's Brain but by that point everything was dying too fast for me to care.

Color Printer posted:

"Man, I can't figure out what's up with Curse of the Blind." *enters treasure room* "........Oh."

All treasures appear as question marks.
Hah, I got it in The Womb and never even noticed.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The red poops are the most dangerous part of the Boss Rush. gently caress you, Carrion Queen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There are some special seeds that give special effects when you play them. http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth-seeds has some listed and will presumably update with more. BRWNSNKE looks pretty hard without an item that lets you destroy poop by walking over it.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!
Yeah the hearts you can get in Boss Rush are something else, that's for sure.

I didn't get any amazing tear effects, just decreasing-in-size fire-poison concussive tears that may have broken the attack stat.

I never run into Greed when I can kill any of the Sins in five seconds. :argh:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

RatHat posted:

There are some special seeds that give special effects when you play them. http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth-seeds has some listed and will presumably update with more. BRWNSNKE looks pretty hard without an item that lets you destroy poop by walking over it.

Or Flight

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

lordfrikk posted:

Still not sure if Antigravity Tears are good or bad.

Antigrav Tears are pretty good if you have a high fire rate or something like triple/quad shot.

Launching a hailstorm of tears at the same time is fun.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I just learned Mom's Toenail can kill you.

Thank you trinket machine.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Is there a wiki set up yet?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jibo posted:

Yep. It also doesn't do this if you are playing as Azazel or possibly if you have Brimstone. I got it with him and couldn't tell if it actually did anything.

plus its cursed. id expect cursed items to not be too great.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

lordfrikk posted:

Explosive Thoughts is pretty lovely, too. You can bomb yourself to hell really fast when there's a lot of enemies in a small room.

It's the same item, and I actually really like it. It moves kind of slow and will keep going until it hits something so most of the time you can just pitch it off into a corner and hit everything else if there's a bunch of close people. It hits with the strength of a bomb though and will do some work on bosses.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kaethela posted:

Better shops for later games. I think it expands them so they hold more items.

Oh, that's a great idea.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, that's a great idea.

I've leveled it twice and it still isn't carrying extra items. But I'm back to early WotL levels of Habit appearance though, so there is that.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Poptosis + Ring Worm is pretty good.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, that's a great idea.

Apparently if you need coins desperately you can just bomb the box. :black101:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I am having the shittiest Azarael run. My first item is the arrow that gives you piercing shots, then two floors later I got the glasses that give you double tears. If it wasn't for the soul hearts and damage boosters I've gotten I might have written this run off as a lost cause by Caves I.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

explosive thoughts isn't entirely horrible but sometimes you don't have the luxury of hurling it off at some far-off enemy or in an unrelated direction when some creatures are more or less bumrushing you

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Loot posted:

Apparently if you need coins desperately you can just bomb the box. :black101:

Yeah, this is why I will pretty much always dump as much money as possible into it. If you're desperate for cash later and have bombs it becomes a savings account across runs.

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Did anyone else find a hidden trapdoor under rocks that takes you to a Zelda 1 looking side-view ladder room? I freaked out for a second but it turned out to just take you to a cool room full of stuff and an exit to the next level.

Irving.jpg
Feb 5, 2007

Rhythm and blues.
Yesterday I was playing and having a blast, now it just crashing if I try to run it. :smith: "Isaac ng-exe has stopped working".
It was working yesterday.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

How do you switch between two tarot cards you're holding?

Loving the game so far. The excess large rooms are great. Music is excellent too, I may buy the soundtrack.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Ludovico Technique fucks with my head and I regret picking it up. If I had Brimstone so I could do the death laser thing then it'd be acceptable but a single tear controlled like that just makes my brain hurt.

And I mean that for real, I just had a successful run with it and now I have a headache.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
what the fuuck sidescrolling isaac

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I can't decide if I love or hate Explosive Thoughts. On one hand I seem to take more damage from it than from enemies whenever I pick it up, on the other hand it absolutely wrecks bosses.

Also just finished the Cathedral with Eden and got a Blank Card.

Irving.jpg
Feb 5, 2007

Rhythm and blues.
Just a quick heads up I solved the crashing problems doing this -

"Guys I managed to get my Isaac working by deleting the options file in the rebirth folder

computer, local disk (c:), users, (Your user), My documents, My games, Binding of isaac rebirth, Then delete the file called options

This worked for me, I hope it works for you"

Quoting from reddit.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Huh. Seems the PS4 version isn't quite as stable as I was hoping. After a run that failed hard on Mom's Heart, my next run had the icon for every item as a red question mark. Tried another run and a few levels in, it crashed, switched to the Loading screen, and stayed there. It was still animated, which seemed weird.

Got a weird item on that run that dropped my attack to 1, but made my shots super fast and super tiny. Sadly, I found out that you can't build your damage back up. It's permanently stuck at 1. I'm not sure what it's called, but I dubbed it Seizure Tears after going up against Gurdy. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Broken Cog posted:

I can't decide if I love or hate Explosive Thoughts. One on hand I seem to take more damage from it than from enemies whenever I pick it up, on the other hand it absollutely wrecks bosses.

Remember that if you absolutely feel like you're going to have to eat a hit from it, you can user your invincibility frames and just bump an enemy for a half heart of damage then nuke the rest with the brain.