Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

sword_man.xmas posted:

all well and good, but we know who is the true Puppet Of The Imp Zone Trolls

Their internet sleuths discovered our imp conspiracy to rend control of the guild, starting with Widestancer seizing the OP, and culminating in my thoughtless and horrific dismantling of the fishing pact. We should all go home, we've been made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Jesus.. what the hell did they break yesterday. I logged in without issue and then got the "gods have disconnected you" notice within 5 minutes. I totally don't blame landless goons that are quitting the game after not getting land yesterday in Auroria. It was total madness seeing the entire housing areas fill up seemingly within 30 seconds. Without the heads up from FC that they were claiming a lodestone soon, I probably wouldn't have got any new properties. I got a thatched in Marcala that I have no idea how I'm going to build unless we have merchant ship runs going or a nearby crafting station.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the real longest con that nobody has figured out yet is that i'm the guild leader of wicked

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
As someone who was on both fishing guild events and donated the proceeds to the guild, it sure seems like goonfucking when you scam a bunch of non-fishing goons to funnel money to the fishing goons so only fishing goons can get gear.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Those fish are super tough, they need the gear to wrassle em down.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Earn money or get hosed. PvP is fun, but it don't pay the regrade fees. Fishing before Auroria launched so you would be able to keep up, and focusing on getting maximum gear within the next six weeks isn't a waste.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Earn money or get hosed. PvP is fun, but it don't pay the regrade fees. Fishing before Auroria launched so you would be able to keep up, and focusing on getting maximum gear within the next six weeks isn't a waste.

And yet here we are. I guess this is something you could call "demonstrably false" because the sperg on aranzeb is 2real4goons.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Arrgytehpirate posted:

All that fishing money didn't help Bluntmastergoku when I stole his Kraken Tentacle. It didn't help Wangja, Nagamatsuanimename and friends when we dunked them in seachild wharf. The real problem is most of you are awful at pvp and you still haven't figured out that gear won't save you.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Velthice posted:

Fishing goons have finally convinced me to install the game. I can't wait to see what all the ruckus is about and also kill fishing goons.

Heh, welcome to the drama pit.

Fishing is by nature/game mechanics a care bear activity.
Goons started rubbing junk together with pubs and other goons didn't like that.

You know that one kid that likes to kick over sand castles in the sand box and then wonders why the other kids get mad. Well that sort of happened.

Fishing goons leave and butthurt begins. (It's a little more complicated then that, but whatever)

There is a pretty good writeup on how to attack fishing boats in the OP.
I LOVE mspaint pics! Well done OP.

To be more effective make sure you have at least 5 players in your group. Fish can only be hauled on backs, or the tanks of a fishing boat.

You don't need to blow the boat up to get the fish (you can if you want, but it only costs like 1 gp and 10 mins to fix one) you just need to wait for the despawn. Take the wheel and drive the boat in a different direction, when the boat goes poof the fish will be floating in the water. Grab them with your 4 friends and take them to the dock for instant profit.

See you out on the water.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DirtyFalcon posted:

Iceland is actually a pretty neat place. Some of the clearest water in the world.

I found some of your stone bricks ^^

That looks amazing but I bet that water is still cold as gently caress even with a suit on.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Tanreall posted:

All that fishing money didn't help Bluntmastergoku when I stole his Kraken Tentacle. It didn't help Wangja, Nagamatsuanimename and friends when we dunked them in seachild wharf. The real problem is most of you are awful at pvp and you still haven't figured out that gear won't save you.

Bluntmasta is a healer... No skill or gear would save a cleric with only Critical Discord in the ocean.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Khako posted:

Bluntmasta is a healer... No skill or gear would save a cleric with only Critical Discord in the ocean.

Well someday he'll learn that sailing in contested waters is dangerous. Oh who am I kidding fishing goons will never learn that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tanreall posted:

Well someday he'll learn that sailing in contested waters is dangerous. Oh who am I kidding fishing goons will never learn that.

PvP in an open PvP zone with the ability to steal something for easy gold? Better take absolutely no precautions and demand nobody dare come near or...something will happen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

JackDRipper posted:

Truth be told I made every effort to come to an agreement with those left in charge. What am I supposed to do hand over 600 gold gear to screaming idiots that had no part in its earning making or event fishing thanks but no thanks. You wanted monies I provided a way to recoup for people involved. I could care crap all about fake money in a game. I will continue to help where I can when I can. For those screaming goonfucker and j4g well your entitled to your opinion.So long and thanks for all the fish.

What you do is hand me the money and I buy dumb poo poo with it and fraps myself destroying it and upload the video publically and it would have been a lot funnier than what has happened.

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE

Tanreall posted:

After we smash up a few more wicked ships I'd anticipate us being offered a ship pact.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

PvP in an open PvP zone with the ability to steal something for easy gold? Better take absolutely no precautions and demand nobody dare come near or...something will happen

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Dahn posted:

Fishing is by nature/game mechanics a care bear activity.
Goons started rubbing junk together with pubs and other goons didn't like that.

Who knew rubbing a junk into a fishing ship would cause so much trouble (note: both the junk and fishing ship were of legal age).

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

To be honest, I come across PvP while fishing far more frequently than I do when I go out and blockade carts in safe zones. Progression may be lame, but honestly if I can do it while sinking cutters, I'm happy.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

That looks amazing but I bet that water is still cold as gently caress even with a suit on.

Yeah its 2-4 C year-round.
Those were taken at Silfra

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so is The Repopulation as bad as it looks

I need to know what sandbox we can all poo poo in next

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I tried to get goons to play Xsyon but no one wanted to :eng99: it has no PvP and is a communist wilderness simulator. Oh they actually added farming and let freebies make tribes now, neat.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Eonwe posted:

so is The Repopulation as bad as it looks

I need to know what sandbox we can all poo poo in next

http://aena.at/craftmap/item1697.html

Just look at this.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Hazeron was fun until the goon guild collectively realized that it wasn't '95 anymore and quit.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Starting a mmo is jam. I love every loving second of it.

I begin fondeling myself every time I play around with my avatar's nose size.
The rubbing intensifies with every npc with a question mark above it's head tells me I prevented the death of the 3 townsfolk that occupy the entire town from aggressive colored boars.
I pull out my flesh to the open air when the lights burn into my retnas with every level gain.
I stomp about the room shirtless and exposed as my meat flails with joy with each zone I clear and rendered useless for the remainder of adventure within the game.
I set my hairless cyclops pet grunts aggressively with every successful dungeon party created with Tank, Healer, Dps.
The erection reaches the ceiling and turns to me reaching sentience as the color purple and gold flash across the screen.
My dick now prefers the name Mr.Phil and consumes me when I gaze across my superior numbers I can generate.
Mr.Phil would like you all to know that mmos are the best and most original games there are and you need to get in on this.
Mr.Phil leaves the dark room with a swift doorslam and is hired by Blizzard to begin work on the new world of warcraft expansion that will be the foundation for the next 10 years of mmos.

Mr.Phil is love. Mr.Phil is life. Embrace the superior race you loving swine.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

All that remains of me is eyeballs and hands floating within a jar of mountain dew.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
And some people say video games can't be art.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Feed me you fucks.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Drinkfist posted:

All that remains of me is eyeballs and hands floating within a jar of mountain dew.

I hope it's code red.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it is something horrible like mountain dew blue voltage

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

Feed me you fucks.

Well, I got ganked running a building trade pack to my new house on Auroria and I laughed it off, but secretly it kinda hurt and I'm sad now.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

JackDRipper posted:

Truth be told I made every effort to come to an agreement with those left in charge. What am I supposed to do hand over 600 gold gear to screaming idiots that had no part in its earning making or event fishing thanks but no thanks. You wanted monies I provided a way to recoup for people involved. I could care crap all about fake money in a game. I will continue to help where I can when I can. For those screaming goonfucker and j4g well your entitled to your opinion.So long and thanks for all the fish.

Give it to balista.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

Starting a mmo is jam. I love every loving second of it.

I begin fondeling myself every time I play around with my avatar's nose size.
The rubbing intensifies with every npc with a question mark above it's head tells me I prevented the death of the 3 townsfolk that occupy the entire town from aggressive colored boars.
I pull out my flesh to the open air when the lights burn into my retnas with every level gain.
I stomp about the room shirtless and exposed as my meat flails with joy with each zone I clear and rendered useless for the remainder of adventure within the game.
I set my hairless cyclops pet grunts aggressively with every successful dungeon party created with Tank, Healer, Dps.
The erection reaches the ceiling and turns to me reaching sentience as the color purple and gold flash across the screen.
My dick now prefers the name Mr.Phil and consumes me when I gaze across my superior numbers I can generate.
Mr.Phil would like you all to know that mmos are the best and most original games there are and you need to get in on this.
Mr.Phil leaves the dark room with a swift doorslam and is hired by Blizzard to begin work on the new world of warcraft expansion that will be the foundation for the next 10 years of mmos.

Mr.Phil is love. Mr.Phil is life. Embrace the superior race you loving swine.

same

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

At least it has everyone's favorite pastime.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I was worried about this thread until grandpa came in with his crazy idea again.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also Drinkfish buy me repopulation if you can so we can make wood glue in a 45 step process because I'm getting bored of warframe again.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Dahn posted:

You know that one kid that likes to kick over sand castles in the sand box and then wonders why the other kids get mad. Well that sort of happened.

Except that there were those of us taunting the fisher to splinter the moment they started crying, but I sure as hell didn't expect them to walk off with my poo poo. And hey look JackDRipper is here to reset the "days since fishing goon last claimed they didn't steal anyone else's poo poo" counter to 0.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

30.5 Days posted:

Except that there were those of us taunting the fisher to splinter the moment they started crying, but I sure as hell didn't expect them to walk off with my poo poo.

I don't really know why you weren't expecting that

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Also Drinkfish buy me repopulation if you can so we can make wood glue in a 45 step process because I'm getting bored of warframe again.

I still haven't seen or heard from the guy that spent 30+ hours of game time attempting to assemble a single leg of a robot solo. I like to think he is still dead in his apartment with rats feasting on his flesh. Mental images such as that really drive me as a survivor of the ebola apocalypse by being an angry antisocial shut in gently caress that operates in a world of bubbles and green food dye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh baby its FFXIV 1.0 all over again.

• Locked thread