Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If only because Aatrek would have a meltdown and sling probations whenever a discussion got more heated than posting GIFs and :tviv:s so a lot of people just stopped posting.

Of all the mods, you would think he'd be more lenient towards childish behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vincent posted:

Of all the mods, you would think he'd be more lenient towards childish behavior.

No he is used to being around childish behavior and then being punished.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Vincent posted:

I imagine bare assed spankings for anything at all were more his style.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Kid-tested, mod-approved

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'm traumatized by New Girl's new opening credits.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

No he is used to being around childish behavior and then being punished.

:vince:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's an interview with Eric Andre on The AV Club and he mentions that in the first season of The Eric Andre Show he was actually arrested during one of his man on the street bits.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is the most insane loving news ever and I am freaking out

A Series of Unfortunate Events Netflix Series

(These books were my jam as a teenager)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

less laughter posted:

I'm traumatized by New Girl's new opening credits.

Who's that girl?

Who's that girl?

Who's that girl?

Who's that girl?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

the panacea posted:

Can't wait for the final episode of peaky blinders s02. This is one of the best shows.

I kinda hated the love story + jealous older guy subplot, was that much of a focus in s2?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

Who's that girl?

Who's that girl?

Who's that girl?

Who's that girl?

Still better than Mindy Project (which is thankfully truncated to 3 seconds most of the time now).

Incidentally, both New Girl and Mindy Project had some series-high episodes the previous night!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hope and vaseline posted:

Incidentally, both New Girl and Mindy Project had some series-high episodes the previous night!

The latter must have been boosted by all the Fargo fans tuning in to see their fave actress.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I meant in terms of firing in all cylinders, not ratings :( I think New Girl's been down this season, but all of Fox seems to be.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm excited to see how this turns out, too. :)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm surprised this is a property anyone gives a poo poo about after that movie with Jim Carrey from last decade.
When I read them I got like 6 or 7 books in before I just got too bored of the sameyness of them all to read any more.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

I'm surprised this is a property anyone gives a poo poo about after that movie with Jim Carrey from last decade.
When I read them I got like 6 or 7 books in before I just got too bored of the sameyness of them all to read any more.

You stopped just before they smash the formula and start focusing on the overarching plot and mystery of the series.

That said the final book's payoff is pretty disappointing so if you weren't liking them already you probably made the right choice.

I still loved them and I hope the Netflix series is good.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this? posted:

There's an interview with Eric Andre on The AV Club and he mentions that in the first season of The Eric Andre Show he was actually arrested during one of his man on the street bits.

The Eric Andrew show is incredible. It's a fever dream of a daytime talkshow where he intentionally makes his guests uncomfortable and fucks with them by doing things like hiding old seafood under their seats, having the heat turned up, and pulling pranks on them in the middle of interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzHn8f9cFEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvP3QV15FI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5uLc0N4r2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xsy3qhTO04

Regy Rusty posted:

I am pretty excited for this. I even liked the movie, it was nice to see Tim Burton's production designers get to cut lose and not do a movie where everything is pinstripes and spirals.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

You stopped just before they smash the formula and start focusing on the overarching plot and mystery of the series.

That said the final book's payoff is pretty disappointing so if you weren't liking them already you probably made the right choice.

I still loved them and I hope the Netflix series is good.

Not to turn this into book chat, but I remember as a teenager (admittedly older than the target audience, but my taste in media is very juvenile to this day) being very underwhelmed by the ending, but then I realized that was the point: even if there actually is (Book 13 spoilers) some fantastical conspiracy theory that explains why you've suffered the hardships and trauma and everything that's happened in your life, there's no point in really knowing because the best thing you can do is come to terms and make the best of it. Knowing why something bad happened to you isn't what matters, it's what you learned and how it strengthened you and made you who you are that matters. That's a loving fantastic lesson for a children's book to tell, and I wish that Tumblr trigger-warning encouragers, christ, all millennials period, had read the books and understood them. It would make the internet a far more reasonable place.

I'm super excited about the Netflix series. I didn't think the movie was terrible, quite the opposite, really, I think they did as good of a job as they could, though they did shoot themselves in the foot by making one movie cover the events of three books. The series really does require a miniseries format, and I have very high hopes that Netflix will pull it off. If they can get Jim Carrey back as Count Olaf, I'll stay up until it hits their servers and watch it until I pass out.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

He said in an interview on I think CBB but possibly You Made It Weird that he was arrested for the bit where he was the frat guy in a city council meeting.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
started watching Under the Dome. It's fairly entertaining but holy poo poo it's really disconcerting how goofy the characters are when everything is so grim all the time.

The Reverend tries to burn the town's medicine supply and they don't at least arrest the guy? What the gently caress?

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 6, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lelandjs posted:

Not to turn this into book chat, but I remember as a teenager (admittedly older than the target audience, but my taste in media is very juvenile to this day) being very underwhelmed by the ending, but then I realized that was the point: even if there actually is (Book 13 spoilers) some fantastical conspiracy theory that explains why you've suffered the hardships and trauma and everything that's happened in your life, there's no point in really knowing because the best thing you can do is come to terms and make the best of it. Knowing why something bad happened to you isn't what matters, it's what you learned and how it strengthened you and made you who you are that matters. That's a loving fantastic lesson for a children's book to tell, and I wish that Tumblr trigger-warning encouragers, christ, all millennials period, had read the books and understood them. It would make the internet a far more reasonable place.

It's true, and I didn't hate the ending even if I did wish that I could've had all the answers. But what really depressed me is that the very last book in the series is the Beatrice Letters, and the very final secret message and thus the last words I read at the time were Beatrice Sank. :(

Though he's currently got his spinoff series going about Lemony Snicket as a child which are decent and are shedding at least a small bit of light on one of the lingering mysteries.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The Eric Andrew show is incredible. It's a fever dream of a daytime talkshow where he intentionally makes his guests uncomfortable and fucks with them by doing things like hiding old seafood under their seats, having the heat turned up, and pulling pranks on them in the middle of interviews.

I personally like this interview with Brandi Glanville. Quick, dirty, yet oh-so-effective.

And lest we forget, Andre doesn't always have all the fun. I'd REALLY like to know the story behind how this interview with Lance Reddick came together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DISCOVERY CHANNEL IS GOING TO AIR A SPECIAL IN WHICH A GUY IS EATEN ALIVE BY A GIANT SNAKE, ON CAMERA.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DISCOVERY CHANNEL IS GOING TO AIR A SPECIAL IN WHICH A GUY IS EATEN ALIVE BY A GIANT SNAKE, ON CAMERA.

We live in blessed times.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

This is like a more verbose THERE IS A RETARD ON WHEEL OF FORTUNE

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

And lest we forget, Andre doesn't always have all the fun. I'd REALLY like to know the story behind how this interview with Lance Reddick came together.
Lance Reddick really needs to do more comedy. Brooklyn Nine-Nine should cast him as the straight-laced brother who disapproves of Holt's flamboyant lifestyle.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Slamhound posted:

Lance Reddick really needs to do more comedy. Brooklyn Nine-Nine should cast him as the straight-laced brother who disapproves of Holt's flamboyant lifestyle.

Cam he do LSD again?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It was Warehouse 13 before Warehouse 13, but now it's the new Warehouse 13 now that Warehouse 13 is gone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKgTOIjJhM

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

We live in blessed times.

It is going to be so disappointing. Expect 50 minutes of build up to 10 minutes of "whelp, we couldn't get the snake to eat the guy :shrug:"

Just the idea though proves that some Discovery executive has an undiagnosed brain tumor.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The Librarians has to be the worst title for a TV show since FX's Schnauzers.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 6, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It is going to be so disappointing. Expect 50 minutes of build up to 10 minutes of "whelp, we couldn't get the snake to eat the guy :shrug:"

Just the idea though proves that some Discovery executive has an undiagnosed brain tumor.

It's not live, it's already been filmed.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

It was Warehouse 13 before Warehouse 13, but now it's the new Warehouse 13 now that Warehouse 13 is gone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKgTOIjJhM

I miss Warehouse 13.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Irish Joe posted:

The Librarians has to be the worst title for a TV show since FX's Schnauzers.

It's not a spinoff of those cheesy TV movies with Noah Wylie and Bob Newhart, is it?

Deadpool posted:

It's not live, it's already been filmed.

Here's hoping for a running commentary featuring information such as "Oh jeez, it's up to my knees!"

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 6, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

raditts posted:

It's not a spinoff of those cheesy TV movies with Noah Wylie and Bob Newhart, is it?

It sure is. Bob Newhart is in 2 episodes, and Noah Wyle is in 4.

Two of the main cast members appear to be John Larroquette and Rebecca Romijn.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

When I heard that The Librarian was a thing I got unreasonably excited to sit down and watch a TNT movie that stars Noah Wyle, though to be fair Pirates Of Silicon Valley set a precedent for that to be a winning combination.

Actually now that I think about it all that Noah Wyle's done for, like, the past 20 years has been either indie movies or projects for TNT. Did he sign a "talent" contract with them?

[Edit: Wait, holy poo poo, the TV show has a very watchable cast. I can't believe I'm about to be burned twice by the Librarian franchise.]

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Somebody tricked Discovery Channel into funding his vore fetish.

Slamhound posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtgY1q0J_TQ

He was also the David Warner character in a Tron sketch on Comedy Bang! Bang!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it like someone getting eaten by a snake that they caught on camera, or did they go out with the plan to have someone eaten?

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I believe the phrase "snake-proof suit" comes into play.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lelandjs posted:

Actually now that I think about it all that Noah Wyle's done for, like, the past 20 years has been either indie movies or projects for TNT. Did he sign a "talent" contract with them?

Um, ER?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

I'm pretty sure he's in Falling Skies too. (It's ending next year, but still.)

Also, The Librarians is being run by John Rogers (Leverage), so we could be in for some low-key fun.

• Locked thread