Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Before MW3 came out I swore I wouldn't buy another COD game. I did not stick to my guns, bought the game for 360, and the loving 360 itself scratched my disc to beyond playability before I was ever halfway done with the campaign.

So I made the same resolution again. I would not buy another COD game, MW3 was a bad omen.

Then I move back to my hometown and my buddy is playing BLOPS2. I break down and get it to play vidya gamz with him. He quits playing it and goes off the grid shortly after.

I again resolve to never buy another COD game again. I managed to skip Ghosts which I heard sucked godawful sweaty gorilla tits, then this comes out.

I didn't even make it through day one.

So hi and add me on XBONE or whatever. GODSHAPED WAR is my gamertag.

gently caress my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's the verdict on the single player?

Actually not awful, if fairly rote. Lots of gimmicky levels, which is good considering that they need the gimmicks in order to stay enjoyable.

Nothing like CoDs 4 through MW2 sadly, but nothing is. I actually liked the story in Blops 1, it was interesting, but there was something lost in the campaign gameplay after that.

Probably nostalgia.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Apparently everything is down right now. Could it be dedicated servers?

probably not :smith:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thumbtacks posted:

No, definitely not.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's the verdict on the single player?

Pretty fun as CoD single player goes, even if it does drag on a bit. First third is interesting then it's another "boo-hoo someone's being mean to MURICA" story, so your tolerance of that will obviously temper your enjoyment.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Alright, I just added a bunch of you weirdos on Xbone Live. I started out on PS4, but PSN is terrible by not letting me join parties most of the time and my PS4 controller is making GBS threads the bed right now (analog stick falling apart and won't fully charge). So, I'm switching over to Xbone even though the PS4 guys I played with were awesome and I love you and you're the best it's not you it's PSN.

I finished SP last night and it was definitely much better than Ghosts. But, to be honest, my opinions are weird because I freaking loved the BF4 campaign, which I played on Hard since that's what DICE said they tuned the campaign around. So, I can't objectively tell if military shooter campaigns are good anymore. I'm pretty sure MW3 and Ghosts were bad. Only played 10 minutes of Blops 1 before I got bored, and never played Blops 2.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Me and fateo are online for some hardcore domination on ps4. PSN name is Alcapwn89 get on plebs
I'll be on in an hour after work, poopstains.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Meta Ridley posted:

We are pretty used to getting poo poo on as PC players, I don't think there even was a Ghosts PC thread.
We know what we got ourselves into.

There was

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581790

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Thumbtacks posted:

I can't get into poo poo right now, stuck at fetching profile.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i have no idea what i'm doing.

I seem to do ok when I'm using the Run and Gun load out since it seems to have things unlocked way above what I've got now. Is there any reason I should be using custom load outs when I have nothing unlocked?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Everything's up again.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I just grinded through SP for three Supply Drops and of course MP is down now.

Fingers crossed for Elite compensations.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

After spending a total 6 hours on Ghost MP I vowed to never buy CoD again. But I have exactly 60 eur in my steam wallet that I got for selling dota items. I shouldn't buy it, I shouldn't...

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

My roommate that considers CS1.6 being a gift from god told me to get this game. I did and now I want to loving hang myself. This game is one thousand percent poo poo and when I told him it looks and plays like titanfall he told me it was nothing like it and I wouldn't know because I never bought titanfall. The people these COD games create are literally worse than hitler.

Oh yeah and I am one of those loving morons that bought it on steam for PC so I am totally hosed with this lenseflare poo poo magic. I can't wait to be berated by this idiot I live with for not being able to handle the "hardcoreness" of this dogshit where every map of every game involves setting up spawnpoints that look at other spawnpoints so you can spawnkill the second you spawn because "owning noobs" is erection nourishment to these loving terrible people.

If you bought this game and like it then cut off your dick and sand down your vag because you need to be the endpoint of the thousand year chain it took to make you.

gently caress.

See above advice.

I can't stop laughing at this. You must be difficult to work with.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

life is killing me posted:

Before MW3 came out I swore I wouldn't buy another COD game. I did not stick to my guns, bought the game for 360, and the loving 360 itself scratched my disc to beyond playability before I was ever halfway done with the campaign.

So I made the same resolution again. I would not buy another COD game, MW3 was a bad omen.

Then I move back to my hometown and my buddy is playing BLOPS2. I break down and get it to play vidya gamz with him. He quits playing it and goes off the grid shortly after.

I again resolve to never buy another COD game again. I managed to skip Ghosts which I heard sucked godawful sweaty gorilla tits, then this comes out.

I didn't even make it through day one.

So hi and add me on XBONE or whatever. GODSHAPED WAR is my gamertag.

gently caress my life.

It okay. You're an embarrassment to your parents and your own mother doesn't like you. You might as well just said you have no will or sense of self control.

Splatoon deets just went out and holy lol at anyone still interested in this lovely CoD game.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Alright trip report on Day 2 of cheesy SAC3ing.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/308763

still dumb as gently caress

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hey all,

Before I fork out the money, does this have two player splitscreen for the online multiplayer? Its been standard in COD for a while, but I don't want to get burned.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Akumos posted:

Alright trip report on Day 2

Please, stop.

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!
All I have is a PC... I feel like I might buy this talk me out of it.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

nintendo65 posted:

I'm on the same boat, have to resist.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

I'm kind of shocked in TYOOL 2014 the in-game voice chat sounds like absolute rear end. I'll stick with ps4 party chat I suppose.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
I bought it on PC. I am so alone...play with meeeee!

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

nintendo65 posted:

Buy Unreal Tournament 98 and/or 2K4 on GOG instead.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

OneDeadman posted:

Buy Unreal Tournament 98 and/or 2K4 on GOG instead.

Real people already own these.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

They patched the new CoD game on PC and it's on sale for 9.99

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Spoon Man posted:

Please, stop.

What the gently caress else are you going to post in the arcade shooting people thread? Showing a weapon is really good is useful info. People might want to start using them in here.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I dropped the AK-12 switched over to the BAL with the fore grip, silencer and stock. The gun is an absolute beast. Even with a silencer it's able to drop guys pretty fast. I also started running 4 streaks, support UAV, bombing run, assault drone with missile and HUD mods and a paladin. If I'm able to get the streak going right I can literally stare at my palm pilot all game.

Also if you guys haven't used bombing run definitely give it a shot. It has an extremely wide range and if you use it correctly, it gets you 3 kills MINIMUM. Also it obnoxiously shakes everyone's screen so it's pretty hilarious.

Mostly proud of my 5 caps:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Spoon Man posted:

Please, stop.

These posts have too much content!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Murvin posted:

I'm kind of shocked in TYOOL 2014 the in-game voice chat sounds like absolute rear end. I'll stick with ps4 party chat I suppose.

but then no rage mics.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hey all,

Before I fork out the money, does this have two player splitscreen for the online multiplayer? Its been standard in COD for a while, but I don't want to get burned.
Yep.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Wow awesome, still can't play this lovely game. How is a game less stable than it was on launch day? How is this game as lovely as it is? Will gamers continue to buy COD on PC?!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

Wow awesome, still can't play this lovely game. How is a game less stable than it was on launch day? How is this game as lovely as it is? Will gamers continue to buy COD on PC?!

Yes.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Knifegrab posted:

We told you not to buy this poo poo on PC, but did you listen to us? No! You deserve everything you get :colbert:

(When everyone on console stops playing it in a few months because it's hosed/been nerfed to hell we'll deserve what we get, too)

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

SubponticatePoster posted:

We told you not to buy this poo poo on PC, but did you listen to us? No! You deserve everything you get :colbert:

(When everyone on console stops playing it in a few months because it's hosed/been nerfed to hell we'll deserve what we get, too)

Consoles are running into the same connectivity problems aren't they?

So shouldn't it be "Don't buy this game anywhere"?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
btw to anyone thinking about running SAC3s I think this is probably the easiest build to run it with atm:

There is some room for personal preference in the double exo/killstreak area, maybe swap tac 2nd exo for another perk too if you hate being on UAV.

This is my favorite alternative build, though I'm considering just dropping all killstreaks for another perk or exo in team based modes, though for FFA I prefer having those killstreaks.

edit: no ks build

Akumos fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 6, 2014

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Wazzit posted:

I dropped the AK-12 switched over to the BAL with the fore grip, silencer and stock. The gun is an absolute beast. Even with a silencer it's able to drop guys pretty fast. I also started running 4 streaks, support UAV, bombing run, assault drone with missile and HUD mods and a paladin. If I'm able to get the streak going right I can literally stare at my palm pilot all game.

Also if you guys haven't used bombing run definitely give it a shot. It has an extremely wide range and if you use it correctly, it gets you 3 kills MINIMUM. Also it obnoxiously shakes everyone's screen so it's pretty hilarious.

Would you say you mostly end up in the top 3?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Press F to fart.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

dreffen posted:

Consoles are running into the same connectivity problems aren't they?

So shouldn't it be "Don't buy this game anywhere"?
I think Mascot was the only one with connection problems and he's on the Bone. Haven't seen anything of note on PS4.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Wazzit posted:

please stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Akumos posted:

btw to anyone thinking about running SAC3s I think this is probably the easiest build to run it with atm:

There is some room for personal preference in the double exo/killstreak area, maybe swap tac 2nd exo for another perk too if you hate being on UAV.

This is my favorite alternative build, though I'm considering just dropping all killstreaks for another perk or exo in team based modes, though for FFA I prefer having those killstreaks.

This second build is my build except replace the laser with rapid fire.

• Locked thread