Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zeron posted:

Woo, I got an adorable little leech that gives me half a heart every time he kills an enemy.

Too bad he's weirdly unaggressive and seems to sometimes actively move away from enemies. Still, he's useful if you've killed all but one or two enemies and can coax him into finishing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

NoUU posted:

Monstro's lung doesn't even work with Mom's Knife, gently caress this item.

Yeah you do, ipecac is Samsons unlock for beating Mom's Heart now I'm pretty sure.
No it isn't, considering I've got it without beating Mom's Heart with Samson.

There are rewards for beating bosses/levels after that with specific characters, though.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Slime posted:

Too bad he's weirdly unaggressive and seems to sometimes actively move away from enemies. Still, he's useful if you've killed all but one or two enemies and can coax him into finishing them.

I think all the attacking item AI is like that now. You have to get pretty close to an enemy to make Eve's bird actually aggro on anything.

Also, grabbed cursed eye.

First thoughts: "Huh, this charge thing isn't so bad. A bit annoying but I can learn to work with it. Why's everyone bitching about it?"

Get hit, teleported out of boss fight: "NOOOOOOooo!: :gonk:

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Slime posted:

Once you lead him on to an enemy though he sticks to it until it's dead, so he's pretty cool for bosses that don't jump/dig.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.

Ohmanohmanohman.

Now I just need to stop dying and reach it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

To anyone who hasn't noticed, playing the game gives you little steam inventory card things. They are literally useless and for dumb people, but you can sell them on the steam market for like 10 cents each. It doesn't sound like a lot but it adds up, selling dumb literally useless steam poo poo to nerds 5 cents at a time is how I got $10 to buy this game to begin with.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

ErIog posted:

Sheol seems to be available from the beginning now if you're playing well enough or have certain items. So that's something to shoot for on your Mom's Heart runs.

It's harder to really break the game through sheer attrition this time because your hearts max out at 2 rows. I also had a super powerful run I thought would just carry me, and I ended up dying unexpectedly to Satan.

Yeah, I've been to the Cathedral and Sheoul once and found out what new surprises await me, but whenever I have a really good run, it's no extra room for you, just open the chest you swine. So that's annoying. Only three more times then I can get to the real part of the game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hit a randomizer room late in a run and got the most ridiculous(and buggy) setup I've had yet. I had the item that makes your shot into one big controllable tear and magnetic shots, along with some damage upgrades and parasite(so the tear constantly shot out mini-tears when it touched an enemy). Turns out that combination is pretty buggy, since when an enemy(including bosses!) got sucked into they'd freak out and whip all around the room until they died(which didn't take long).

I also had Taurus, and either it's bugged or that's easily the most ridiculous item in the game right now. EVERY time I entered a new room I'd get the unicorn effect for like 5 seconds. Half the time I never needed to use my magnet deathball since I'd kill everything while I was invincible.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Basement Boy, Eve, and Samson all at once. :whatup:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clearly Ed isn't a fan of Cards Against Humanity.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Neat, when you use Lazarus' first life, he respawns with the anemia item for free, which causes you to bleed after getting hit and makes all your blood poisonous to enemies.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hey so if you beat your Eden run it won't consume your token. That's kind of neat. What isn't neat is beating Satan right as he kills you. Two times in a row. :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

dis astranagant posted:

Clearly Ed isn't a fan of Cards Against Humanity.

This is a cool thing.

I actually managed to get to Mom earlier, I never even got past Caves in the original game, so things must be looking up! G3WQ - JT9V is a fun seed, starting off with chocolate milk and ending in giant balls of chocolate coloured death.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Jibo posted:

Hey so if you beat your Eden run it won't consume your token. That's kind of neat. What isn't neat is beating Satan right as he kills you. Two times in a row. :(
I think it's more that you earned a new one by beating Mom's Heart.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!
Was streaming to some friends, had a Lazarus run going (Went fairly smooth, too, got my Coat Hanger ending). However at one point, slight problem.

This loving room blocked me if I didn't have any bombs. What the gently caress.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, Cartridge can trip a Gamekid effect randomly when hit, only I've been getting it completely randomly (which is awesome).

I wonder if the Gemini baby stuck to me is counting as the player model making contact with an enemy whenever it attacks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Mental Midget posted:

My only complaint about the Vita version is it's next to impossible to see the screen if you're trying to play it outside/in a car/bus. Sadly the Vita version has no option for Gamma. I tried turning up the Vita's brightness all the way but it makes no real difference. Once you hit Caves/Catacombs things like spiders on the ground become impossible to see.

Yeah it's a real problem. Hell just sitting on my couch with overhead lights it can be hard to see.

Also Daddy Longlegs is OP as gently caress.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

So, Curse of the Blind sure is a breather huh? Nothing major that can go wrong with that Curse!

Unless you get it in Depths 2 with your massively tricked out 10 heart Lazarus.

And you then proceed to pick up the Dead Cat right before fighting Mom.

I subsequently lost each and every one of my new ten lives in a darkened womb level. I lost six of them to a single large room, each time mostly clearing it and then getting teleported back to the entrance.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Has the patch to stop the program from killing peoples keyboards come out yet

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Girlfriend and I were playing taking turns and she was giving me tips, beat it 3 hours later.

Great game, I'm really enjoying it.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

Obviously with 41 losses in a row I'm extremely bad, I'm just wondering how much is luck, and if someone could show me what good play looks like (Since I might be watching poo poo streams,) or explain what saves a run, then I'd at least win once.

Taking more than 41 games to beat it for the first time isn't crazy at all, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Most of it is just learning the items and the enemy patterns, etc.

bat duck
Jul 23, 2001

Tried shovel in Sheol and nothing happened. Used it in boss room if that makes any differance

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Taking more than 41 games to beat it for the first time isn't crazy at all, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Most of it is just learning the items and the enemy patterns, etc.

There's a certain excitement/panic when you get to a room full of new enemies. "poo poo! I don't know what they do!"

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Loot posted:

Was streaming to some friends, had a Lazarus run going (Went fairly smooth, too, got my Coat Hanger ending). However at one point, slight problem.

The room will give you a bomb if you don't have any. I don't know if it'll give you another one if you waste it though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Wow the thing that makes your tears just one permanent glob on the screen that you move around with aim buttons is loving TERRIBLE. That might be the most broken, useless weapon variant ever in Binding of Isaac.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Loot posted:

There's usually a bomb in each of the little corner nooks.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012
Woo first mom kill in Rebirth, Tiny Orbit, The Pact,Pentagram and Anti-gravity among a ton of other damage buffs and Leo just made me untouchable. Next stop Moms Heart...probably in another 9 hours... :smith:

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Yodzilla posted:

Wow the thing that makes your tears just one permanent glob on the screen that you move around with aim buttons is loving TERRIBLE. That might be the most broken, useless weapon variant ever in Binding of Isaac.

Unless you get some giant gently caress off high damage tear that you can just park on a boss :getin:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

bat duck posted:

Tried shovel in Sheol and nothing happened. Used it in boss room if that makes any differance
There's no floor to access beyond Sheol; it's an ending branch.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

It's actually really, really good if you have some damage bonuses and pretty good otherwise if you're good at multitasking. It also turns brimstone into a giant permanent death ring.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Has anyone found a small rock yet? Either I've been really unlucky or tinted rocks can't drop it anymore.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dis astranagant posted:

It's actually really, really good if you have some damage bonuses and pretty good otherwise if you're good at multitasking. It also turns brimstone into a giant permanent death ring.

It would, except I had a max damage orbital going on when I picked it up. I finished that run despite the drat thing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I got it pretty early and it negated the Monstro charge attack so I ended up doing almost no damage with it. Just made the game really tedious and boring and then I died.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Somehow Cain of all characters is proving the hardest for me to unlock. Just need him and Judas, although Judas doesn't tell you how to get him. And ??? but I don't even know if he's still in the game to be honest.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Einwand posted:

Has anyone found a small rock yet? Either I've been really unlucky or tinted rocks can't drop it anymore.

I got that on my second or third run. Of course, getting Leo and being able to frolic through rocks probably helped.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

It trivializes a lot of the game, although it can make some parts impossibly hard if you don't manage to pick up some speed for it.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

drunken officeparty posted:

Somehow Cain of all characters is proving the hardest for me to unlock. Just need him and Judas, although Judas doesn't tell you how to get him. And ??? but I don't even know if he's still in the game to be honest.

Judas's unlock has been changed to beating Satan, thanks to Eden's unlock condition.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

Judas' is beating Satan now, ??? I think is just beating Mom's Heart a certain number of times.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Deck of Cards lets you hold two cards at once now, and the drop button (right trigger on 360) will switch them. Makes things so much easier when you can save your High Priestess cards for the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
I feel like this is the kind of question thats probably come up a lot but quickly skimming the last two pages I didn't see it. If I go to sheol and die will I still get the item unlock for my third mom's heart kill or do I have to open the chest and forgo sheol?