Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure I read that it would not be revealed until like the third issue. I also am not aware of any delays.

Pretty sure I read it won't be revealed till like the middle of next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dacap posted:

Didn't that exact situation happen with the first Ronin in New Avengers? I recall that somewhere spoiled that it was going to be Daredevil so Bendis decided to change the reveal to Echo.

I thought it was because Brubaker wanted Matt Murdoch in prison for his solo series, so Bendis had to replace him for that reason.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Brubaker didn't want that, Bendis wanted to end his run with Matt in prison and asked Brubaker if he was cool with that. He said he was, and just ran with it.

They should have just had Ronin be Iron Fist, so that he was posing as both Ronin and Daredevil. :allears:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Devil in Cell Block D is a great story though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh totally. I kinda lost interest in Brubakers run but that opening story was really great

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

Thor #2 is still coming on its solicited shipping date, according to the shipping thread.

Rhyno you should know by now that customers in comic book stores are full of poo poo.

I'm just repeating idle gossip!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Devil in Cell Block D is a great story though.

Especially the way Brubaker got the Punisher into the story.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

That was Frank's big comeback to the Marvel Universe after being somewhat confined to the MAX line for some years, too. It was a pretty great way to reintroduce him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I know, right? If Daredevil lasts multiple seasons on Netflix there better be an arc using that whole thing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Dear BSS:

Please read Rocket Raccoon #5. You will thank me later.

Love, DivineCoffeeBinge

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dear BSS:

Love, DivineCoffeeBinge

I was wondering, it isn't covering part of the Captain Marvel/Rocket team up thats been going on in her book lately?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

twistedmentat posted:

I was wondering, it isn't covering part of the Captain Marvel/Rocket team up thats been going on in her book lately?

Nope, not even a little bit. It's its own little slice of crazy.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dear BSS:

Love, DivineCoffeeBinge

Agreed.

It felt like filler, but also the best filler.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So all those Marvel teasers over the last couple of weeks?

Say hello to the new Battleworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKyfgWflKpw

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Awesome. Can't wait.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wow, that looks awesome. I wonder if chunks of the Incursion Earths are what makes up the new Battleworld and if we're even going to see any one shots now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be linked so directly to Avengers/New Avengers.

EDIT: I should probably clarify; if this is something that spins out of the incursion situation or something that follows on from Reed or whoever's 'solution' to that problem, then fine, but if this is the end of the Avengers/New Avengers storyline, then that sucks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So what might happen is that whoever wins or survives forms a new universe. It would be a way to keep characters like Miles around with his cast while ending the ultimate universe or something.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Codependent Poster posted:

So what might happen is that whoever wins or survives forms a new universe. It would be a way to keep characters like Miles around with his cast while ending the ultimate universe or something.

So basically picking and choosing the best characters like they're putting together a giant Exiles team?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I could see them doing something like Zero Hour, cherry picking what they want and dumping the rest.

"Oh my goodness! On this reborn Earth none of us are Mutants anymore!"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

So all those Marvel teasers over the last couple of weeks?

Say hello to the new Battleworld.
Dibs on Ukraine!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Anyone know of a who's who breakdown of that one big Secret Wars teaser image? I only recognise half of the characters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I could see them doing something like Zero Hour, cherry picking what they want and dumping the rest.

"Oh my goodness! On this reborn Earth none of us are Mutants anymore!"

It's pretty much what I think will happen. And have they ever attempted to merge Earths when incursions happen? Because that looks like it's actually the solution here which forms Battleworld.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

Dibs on Ukraine!

Ukraine is weak!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Wachter posted:

Anyone know of a who's who breakdown of that one big Secret Wars teaser image? I only recognise half of the characters.

This one?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I kinda love the Renew Your Bows Country :allears: Any universe with a happy Peter is doomed, so him having a beautiful home and a beautiful family means he's also neighbor to some Planet Of The Iron Apes country on what remains of his reality.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kinda love the Renew Your Bows Country :allears: Any universe with a happy Peter is doomed, so him having a beautiful home and a beautiful family means he's also neighbor to some Planet Of The Iron Apes country on what remains of his reality.

"Peter, go next door and tell the Kangarat Murder Society to keep it down, it's late."

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
This all sounds a whole hell of a lot like Green Lantern: Mosaic kinda-sorta-somewhat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

This all sounds a whole hell of a lot like Green Lantern: Mosaic kinda-sorta-somewhat.

It also sounds a lot like Secret Wars.

Wachter posted:

I know Darkdevil and American Dream (or did she actually take the name Captain America in that last MC2 mini?) are there. And a bunch of other people, I guess.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

It also sounds a lot like Secret Wars.
Why not both? :cheeky:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It's pretty much what I think will happen. And have they ever attempted to merge Earths when incursions happen? Because that looks like it's actually the solution here which forms Battleworld.

Well they did merge 616 with that rogue planet a few months back so it's feasible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I would not want to gently caress with a Spider-Man who had to protect his family. Dan Slott stupidity aside, when Peter is all about "I have to do this for Aunt May/Mary Jane!" then he's loving unstoppable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And also really, really stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's an old cliche about parenting, "Our children never love us as much as we love them." Daddy Parker would be a sight to behold, given how much he loves Aunt May.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

There's an old cliche about parenting, "Our children never love us as much as we love them." Daddy Parker would be a sight to behold, given how much he loves Aunt May.

And then he could get murdered in a multiversal crossover event. (Not this one. The other one)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

And then he could get murdered in a multiversal crossover event. (Not this one. The other one)

Spider-Verse is going to be done before Secret Wars starts though? It is a little funny that there's a crossover with every single version of Spider-Man right now, and early next year we're at least briefly getting another alternate spider-Man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, but Spider-Verse just killed off a version of Peter who's married to MJ with two kids. (Granted, in that world, his daughter's the main Spider-person)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, but Spider-Verse just killed off a version of Peter who's married to MJ with two kids. (Granted, in that world, his daughter's the main Spider-person)

I apoligize for bring up Spider-verse, and would remind you of the thread title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But we were just discussing Secret Wars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

But we were just discussing Secret Wars!
I appoligize a second time.

• Locked thread