Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Thoogsby posted:

mall blart #1 moment of the year

"You were under the impression that his occupation was 'Mall Blart'?"

The Reverend Robert Parsimony is a fun character that I am eager to hear more of, until the point when I, the fickle listener, decide it is played out and turn my back on it and say I never thought it was funny.

cams posted:

Wait, the Calvin Twins was this year? It feels like that happened so long ago.

If that's accurate, easy episode of the year. The Mr Show reference was perfect too.

Yep. Way back in January, but it was this year. There were a lot of great episodes this year, going to be hard to narrow it down to top 10.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't into the Tony/Victor ep. It bored me.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

As much as i'd like to give the #1 spot to Bever Hopox and Chico Hands, I still have to give it JW Stillwaters first appearance. It's hysterical.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Yall hear em sireens?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Best is Victor's podcast are you guys nuts. When the Dentist started to speak I lost my mind, and when Victor replied "I can't believe it!" I nearly broke down

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess I need to listen again because I didn't enjoy the Tony And Victor ep at all. Maybe I read too much hype on it first and expected more. I dunno.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Calvins Twins is funny, but has serious diminishing returns. I could listen to Victor/Tiny's podcast over and over again, and have.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's the best epi for Scott driving an improv straight off a cliff. Everyone else gets cagey when he starts asking for numbers but they just rolled with it perfectly.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's the best epi for Scott driving an improv straight off a cliff. Everyone else gets cagey when he starts asking for numbers but they just rolled with it perfectly.
Someone forcing improvisors to face up to maths has become one of my favorite possible comedy situations because of this.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
That all seems funny I guess but what's REALLY funny is when pft yells his previous appearances summary for twenty five minutes and then drops a few dozen in jokes before bitching about "my wife."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Besson posted:

Best is Victor's podcast are you guys nuts. When the Dentist started to speak I lost my mind, and when Victor replied "I can't believe it!" I nearly broke down
Best part is the final "I can't believe you listened to it for that long, the audio was terrible"

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Shelly Driftwood + Jim O'Heir is a pretty underrated episode. Scott breaks so hard when Horatio is explaining how they murder the animals after every movie.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Aaron Neville is my new fav character and this was the year of horatio sanz

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
The first episode of 2014 with Sanz as Groucho Marxs grandson is unbelievably good.

Stay in your lane Ben.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
"The first time anybody see a UFO, I'mma stab the first person I see."
Maybe that was last year, but the Shelby Fero ep (with Saucermans ex-girlfriend) was so good with Sanz.

Runner-up quote:
"Howard Hughes isn't that old, is he?"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Suffragits.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ovo posted:

The first episode of 2014 with Sanz as Groucho Marxs grandson is unbelievably good.

Stay in your lane Ben.

His line about Italian Wedding Soup ("It's a minestrone with a stack of hundred dollar bills in it") is so perfect, like the kind of joke my grandfather used to tell. I think every Horatio appearance from this year would be in my top 10 - Barzalona Marriott was a little weak, but Scott continuing to needle him with "And because you are a real person, what you're saying isn't offensive in the slightest" made up for it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
There's almost two months of CBB left in 2014. Composing your best of lists now makes you even worse than the Christmas commercials Target is already running.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Poopy Palpy posted:

There's almost two months of CBB left in 2014. Composing your best of lists now makes you even worse than the Christmas commercials Target is already running.

The Best Of cutoff is typically the week after Thanksgiving, but like last year the holiday is falling at very end of the month again. Barring any bonus eps, we've probably only got two more before voting begins!

Thoogsby posted:

Shelly Driftwood + Jim O'Heir is a pretty underrated episode. Scott breaks so hard when Horatio is explaining how they murder the animals after every movie.

"There are people called judges, but are they worthy of the title? Only Judge Judy and Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior."

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Horatio's appearances this year rule, but Chico Davis from last year is still his finest work on CBB.

Also, the original Shelly Driftwood episode. Ben Schwartz's "THIS IS MAYHEM" really summarizes the portion with the electrician and the wife.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

The Ape of Naples posted:

I guess I need to listen again because I didn't enjoy the Tony And Victor ep at all. Maybe I read too much hype on it first and expected more. I dunno.

Leave him alone!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the best Victor episode so I can listen to it on my drive home?

also what the heck Brothers episode are you guys talking about that isn't the Bachelor Brothers

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Suffragits.

I don't get this. She says it fine to my ears. I think they thought she was trying to say suffrage, when she was talking about the suffragettes...

EDIT: Fine, i hear it on further research. I'm dumb.

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 5, 2014

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Back To 99 posted:

I don't get this. She says it fine to my ears. I think they thought she was trying to say suffrage, when she was talking about the suffragettes...
Please let this be real.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

epitasis posted:

also what the heck Brothers episode are you guys talking about that isn't the Bachelor Brothers

There are only 3 but #301 is maybe the best.
The Brothers epi is #266 The Calvins Twins. They're 2 siblings who travel the country watching horse births and staging horse fights.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
You gotta laugh!!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ovo posted:

Stay in your lane Ben.

Pussyeater

epitasis posted:

First one is my favorite. The bit escalates beautifully.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

There are only 3 but #301 is maybe the best.
The Brothers epi is #266 The Calvins Twins. They're 2 siblings who travel the country watching horse births and staging horse fights.

Oh thanks! 301 it is.

I didn't like the Calvins episode that much, remembering it now. Shhh.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Earwolf just tweeted this out :getin:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Eltoasto posted:

(Mantzoukas voice) THIS IS HAPPENING

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

This isn't fair I need to work tomorrow!!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Aaron Neville is my new fav character and this was the year of horatio sanz

Was the episode with Shelby this year? That was amazing. Either way, Sanz has definitely been killing it this year.

"lil puppy"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Eltoasto posted:

Looks like there's a new EOTY.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I hope they are just Carl Sjunior and Brian Pieces for the entire episode.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Eltoasto posted:

:captainpop:

Hell yes.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
People are going to be so angry after they listen to that. I can't wait.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I kind of like Chelsea, but everyone else in that picture is insufferable. :smith:

Ovo posted:

Stay in your lane Ben.
Was that only this year? I'm not big on Sanz but that was great, Benny Schwass is always a favourite, and I need to say that phrase more often.

And definitely agreeing that Jay Dubya Sti'wotter and Giger's appearances are right up there. Time Bobby wasn't as good this year and the acronym thing is poo poo - but the ending with the audible-ripping-off-of-faces into different people's characters was loving amazing.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

VagueRant posted:

I kind of like Chelsea, but everyone else in that picture is insufferable. :smith:
Was that only this year? I'm not big on Sanz but that was great, Benny Schwass is always a favourite, and I need to say that phrase more often.

And definitely agreeing that Jay Dubya Sti'wotter and Giger's appearances are right up there. Time Bobby wasn't as good this year and the acronym thing is poo poo - but the ending with the audible-ripping-off-of-faces into different people's characters was loving amazing.

Eat poo poo, dude

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Eltoasto posted:

:mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

omgomgomg. I was just idly thinking the other day when I saw an ad for Chelsea's standp special "Oh man, I wonder if they could pull off another Farts + Pro, the idea is probably exhausted"